Poilievre vs Trudeau Jnr

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I joke about PP's LGBTQ "squad" but it's probably good to put that kind of moralizing behind us that he puts these tokens in his inner circle.

We are a society of shallowness and proudly so.

Maybe they're not 'tokens' . . .  It's fairly obvious that Trudeau does not like smart, independent women thinkers around him (Chrystia Freelunch is neither, just a bobble head) and they are soon tossed aside . . .  

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I notice you didn't include sexual orientation.  Odd because PP has appointed more representation of LGBTQ than exists in the general population, including activist Eric Duncan who fought the gay sex blood donation ban - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tory-mp-fighting-blood-donation-ban-says-parliament-could-have-worked-better-on-c-6-1.5495948  and Melissa Lantsman who is married to a lady.

All ok with me, but I believe in freedom...

I believe in the best get the job,if that's a gay non white Trans,then so be it. And don't make a big announcement about it either. Just pick the proper people.

Edited by PIK
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I joke about PP's LGBTQ "squad" but it's probably good to put that kind of moralizing behind us that he puts these tokens in his inner circle.

We are a society of shallowness and proudly so.

Your response shows exactly why the programs of the past have been such failures. If a gay person is promoted to a position, we automatically assume it's as a token.

And why wouldn't we? We've been told umpteen times Women and racial minorites and gays have to be put in positions of power even if they're not competent for 'equality'. 

So now we just assume anyone like that in that position is a diversity hire.

PP is not the kind of guy who will put ANYONE in a position if they're not fully qualified to do the job well. ANd he knows he's got an uphill fight against trudeau, he needs the best of the best.  And lets face it - he knows he can't "out woke" trudeau and he's not going to try.

These will be competent people for sure. If they happen to tick a box for the liberal voters or those in between, great.

13 minutes ago, PIK said:

I believe in the best get the job,if that's a gay non white Trans,then so be it. And don't make a big announcement about it either. Just pick the proper people.

I gurarantee you that PP feels the same. Especially as he knows he's going to have an up hill battle to beat trudeau and win a majority and can't afford to have anyone whos' less than the best.

But when we see gay/black/trans/women  people in jobs these days because of the stupid programs of the past we assume they're there because of that, and not because of skill