Florida Principal Fired Over Michelangelo

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

A good first step might be an attempt at perspective.

You can do it.  I know you can.

I was going to say the same for you. You have to get past the hysterics and get to what's real. 

For example: Systemic racism is not real, yet there are still droves of leftist lunatics that think it is. What do you plan to do to help those wackjobs understand that there is no such thing as systemic racism? 

Edited by Deluge

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I was going to say the same for you. You have to get past the hysterics and get to what's real. 

For example: Systemic racism is not real, yet there are still droves of leftist lunatics that think it is. What do you plan to do to help those wackjobs understand that there is no such thing as systemic racism? 

Do you normally do this?  Make a silly post, and then when you are challenged on it, completely change the subject?

Just now, bcsapper said:

Do you normally do this?  Make a silly post, and then when you are challenged on it, completely change the subject?

So a parent gets a principal fired because she doesn't appreciate classical art. Maybe she wasn't sufficiently prepared; the school did wait to get the memo out before teacher did the unveiling. Perhaps if the school had done its job, mom wouldn't have flipped out. 

What I'm not seeing is the DeSantis connection to this story. Where is it? 

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

So a parent gets a principal fired because she doesn't appreciate classical art. Maybe she wasn't sufficiently prepared; the school did wait to get the memo out before teacher did the unveiling. Perhaps if the school had done its job, mom wouldn't have flipped out. 

What I'm not seeing is the DeSantis connection to this story. Where is it? 

What you're not seeing is how ridiculous it is to compare the insane rantings of parents who are afraid their precious offspring might be exposed to one of the most famous works of art in the world and the very real concerns of those who see certain statues as glorifying a period in their country's history where slavery was legal and resulted in a civil war.

(For the record, I am generally opposed to statue removal.  I can see the obvious difference here though)

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What you're not seeing is how ridiculous it is to compare the insane rantings of parents who are afraid their precious offspring might be exposed to one of the most famous works of art in the world and the very real concerns of those who see certain statues as glorifying a period in their country's history where slavery was legal and resulted in a civil war.

(For the record, I am generally opposed to statue removal.  I can see the obvious difference here though)

Easy, bscapper, it's one parent, not an entire city. 

This parent isn't any different than the wackjobs you have running around on your side. You don't have the right to expect others to understand and respect your anger when your side of the political fence has been overrun by hysterics. 

Only a race hustler sees racism in those confederate statues. You all need to calm yourselves down and get some "perspective" as you put it. ;)

Edited by Deluge

7 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Easy, bscapper, it's one parent, not an entire city. 

This parent isn't any different than the wackjobs you have running around on your side. You don't have the right to expect others to understand and respect your anger when your side of the political fence has been overrun by hysterics. 

Only a race hustler sees racism in those confederate statues. You all need to calm yourselves down and get some "perspective" as you put it. ;)

No it's not, it's you. 

The issue is not how many parents are so childish, the issue is the comparison you made. 

That's what our current discussion is about. 

It's not about the number of parents, or Ron Desantis, or systemic racism, or any other subject you want to bring up to try and deflect from your comparison of someone not wanting their kid to see a marble willie with someone not wanting to see a statue glorifying the bad side during one of the most horrendous chapters in their country's history.

You can waffle around that all you want, but it won't change anything.

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

No it's not, it's you. 

The issue is not how many parents are so childish, the issue is the comparison you made. 

That's what our current discussion is about. 

It's not about the number of parents, or Ron Desantis, or systemic racism, or any other subject you want to bring up to try and deflect from your comparison of someone not wanting their kid to see a marble willie with someone not wanting to see a statue glorifying the bad side during one of the most horrendous chapters in their country's history.

You can waffle around that all you want, but it won't change anything.

It's me, you wackjob? lol

You have zero room to talk. YOUR side is replete with whiners and protesters, and THAT is what we are discussing; YOUR inconsistencies. 

Edited by Deluge

21 hours ago, Deluge said:

Systemic racism still exists, unfortunately.  

9 hours ago, Deluge said:

It's me, you wackjob? lol

You have zero room to talk. YOUR side is replete with whiners and protesters, and THAT is what we are discussing; YOUR inconsistencies. 

A florid capitulation, but a capitulation nonetheless.

9 hours ago, bcsapper said:

A florid capitulation, but a capitulation nonetheless.

In your dreams. lol

You just can't handle the fact that I ripped your argument to shreds. 

If you can't admit your failures then you really have no business being here. 

Edited by Deluge

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

In your dreams. lol

You just can't handle the fact that I ripped your argument to shreds. 

If you can't admit your failures then you really have no business being here. 

Well, let's go over it again.  I said pretty much the same thing a number of times,

On 3/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, bcsapper said:

and said you were pretty dumb to have made the comparison between the two situations.  I stand by that, of course, and you still haven't responded.  You had four shots at it. 

Try a fifth.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, reason10 said:

You are a fcking LIAR. She was not fired.

And you have NO FCKING ROOM TO TALK especially when there are blue states where teachers are not permitted to give the uneducated brats any grade below a C.

Resign or get fired is the SAME as firing. Forced OUT either way.  Duh.

Which you would know if you had ANY INTELLIGENCE.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:16 PM, Deluge said:

How do YOU know how real systemic racist is? Did you take an Internet poll? LMAO

My neighbor is a real nice guy most of the time. I had to get to know him really well before I discovered what a racist he is.

The huge Trump posters in his garage should have been a clue.

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

How do YOU know how real systemic racist is? Did you take an Internet poll? LMAO

My neighbor is a real nice guy most of the time. I had to get to know him really well before I discovered what a racist he is.

Who needs a poll when there's zero evidence of it anywhere. 

Now, if you take Jim Crow and the history of the democrats, one COULD say that systemic racism runs rampant in the DNC. That's certainly something worth investigating. 

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

There IS systemic racism. Nobody denies it. Affirmative Action is DEFINITELY systemic racism against whites and Asians. And you goose steppers support that.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/segregation-returns-to-campus/

Just last week, reports emerged that a small, student-led taskforce had succeeded in having New York University approve its first racially segregated resident floor, planned for the fall of 2021. NYU’s policy was first reported by Washington Square News, a weekly student newspaper, which explained how an undergraduate activist group, the “Black Violets,” had created an online petition outlining its “demands.” The campaign was started by two black undergraduates who claimed to have “noticed that their experience was different from that of their Black peers,” because they had had black roommates and their black peers had not. They came to believe that “in the classroom and in resident life, black students bear the brunt of educating their uninformed peers about racism.”  They concluded that “the university does not adequately provide for its Black students,” a complaint they expanded on in their petition:

Funny, but I remember a Democrat who proposed the same kind of SEGREGATION

Wallace_at_University_of_Alabama_edit2.jpg

Today, just as it was in 1963, segregation and racism is still YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE.

Edited by reason10

On 3/31/2023 at 9:10 AM, reason10 said:

There IS systemic racism. Nobody denies it. Affirmative Action is DEFINITELY systemic racism against whites and Asians. And you goose steppers support that.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/segregation-returns-to-campus/

Just last week, reports emerged that a small, student-led taskforce had succeeded in having New York University approve its first racially segregated resident floor, planned for the fall of 2021. NYU’s policy was first reported by Washington Square News, a weekly student newspaper, which explained how an undergraduate activist group, the “Black Violets,” had created an online petition outlining its “demands.” The campaign was started by two black undergraduates who claimed to have “noticed that their experience was different from that of their Black peers,” because they had had black roommates and their black peers had not. They came to believe that “in the classroom and in resident life, black students bear the brunt of educating their uninformed peers about racism.”  They concluded that “the university does not adequately provide for its Black students,” a complaint they expanded on in their petition:

Funny, but I remember a Democrat who proposed the same kind of SEGREGATION

Wallace_at_University_of_Alabama_edit2.jpg

Today, just as it was in 1963, segregation and racism is still YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE.

The people of the South who voted for segregation were openly anti-liberal conservatives who switched their allegiance to the Republican Party once the Democrats decided they could no longer tolerate them. 

Edited by BeaverFever

Meanwhile in Florida one Americas worst educated states, the “Don’t say gay” bill is being expanded all the way up to grade 12 so it will be crime for anyone under 18 to find out if gay people exist.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ap-teachers-tallahassee-ron-desantis-republicans-b2312136.html?amp

And new bill makes it a crime for any kids below grade 6 to learn that females menstruate. I kid you not people. It doesn’t have a catchy name like “don’t say gay” but I’m personally calling the “rag gag” law. https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2023/03/24/florida-menstruation-law-ron-desantis-anita-diamant

And not to be outdone in the Republican fascist banning and micromanagement of daily life, North Carolina Republicans are now trying to make it illegal to hand out “participation trophies” in kids sports. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/3925875-nc-bill-bans-youth-sports-participation-trophies/amp/