I Applaud China.... er.. i mean Canada.... Freudian slip there Mr Biden?

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Shades of GW Bush. He got two terms.

I think it'll depend on who the republicans put up. His approval ratings are historic-low. People will dump him in 1 second if they see a better chocie. IF trump isn't the candidate i wouldn't be surprised to see him as a rare one termer.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Depends on how you look at it. Based on his birth date, yes, but seeing as i'm pretty sure he died about 7 years ago and hasn't kept moving some might argue we shoudn't be keeping track like that any more.... 

then slip ups are to be expected.   When you’re pushing a century old, if you’re PM, I will forgive the odd slip of the tongue from you.  

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Nothing Freudian about it. Firstly it’s not as easy as it looks.

A shocking number of politicians manage it every day without screwing up the country they're in,.  Actually the only other person i've seen do it is trudeau.

Try reading a speech like that off a teleprompter live.

Have many times - have from memory too.  Sure you can make a mistake but this was a very specific mistake.

And he's not some highschool kid or CEO of some mid sized corp - he's literally got the top job in the entire us. Get it right or get out.

Secondly, he’s old. The right age for heads of government is 40-60. 

So you're saying he's too old to do the job.

So here's the thing, i might buy that - but why 'china'.  Why make the mistake and say 'china'?  It's simple, That's what he was thinking about. That's how people make mistakes. That's why it's called a freudian slip.

if it was just a telepromter mistake then you stumble over your words, or get them out of order, or have an awkward pause, or say a word thats almsot identical - you don't correctly state a completely different word as a rule

There are some interesting coincidences though.. including in the Parliament"", "glorious and free". Wouldn't dismiss it out of hand... in couple of decades down this glorious path, may have a better view.. what if the old pap had a glimpse of foresight?

And this is no laughing matter please stay with me only for a moment. By pumping third world millions and giving them a sprinkle of a handout Trudeaus figured out how to get reelected" for pretty much, ever. This is Venezuela model already, Nicaragua. Most of the country is poor, dependent and will push anything for a handout. Employee-representatives" will vote for anything Central Committee tells them, what already? Nothing will matter anymore, scandals, interference, corruption the silent majority will shrug off anything for another piece of a handout. Nothing to keep governments to account, not even investigate, just take them on their good, benevolent word (or else). There can be protests they will be shrugged off like in Venezuela. Think of it, it may be coming because one question only: why couldn't it? What is there to stop it?

Cons now maybe have the last or one of the chances for the country to break the scary idyll, and prophesy; create a proportional system where parties cannot have everlasting monopolies. But they won't do it, even consider seriously. The place at the trough is too precious, and the bounds of the past, too heavy. Show must go on... and the country, doomed.

Edited by myata

7 minutes ago, myata said:

And this is no laughing matter please stay with me only for a moment. By pumping third world millions and giving them a sprinkle of a handout Trudeaus figured out how to get reelected" for pretty much, ever. This is Venezuela model already, Nicaragua. Most of the country is poor, dependent and will push anything for a handout. Employee-representatives" will vote for anything Central Committee tells them, what already? Nothing will matter anymore, scandals, interference, corruption the silent majority will shrug off anything for another piece of a handout. Nothing to keep governments to account, not even investigate, just take them on their good, benevolent word (or else). There can be protests they will be shrugged off like in Venezuela. Think of it, it may be coming because one question only: why couldn't it? What is there to stop it?

Cons now maybe have the last or one of the chances for the country to break the scary idyll, and prophesy; create a proportional system where parties cannot have everlasting monopolies. But they won't do it, even consider seriously. The place at the trough is too precious, and the bounds of the past, too heavy. Show must go on... and the country, doomed.

It is true that the most effective way to ensalve a person is to provide for their every need. Then they're too afraid of what would happen if you weren't there to do that, and they'll do whatever you want.

7 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

What does ‘many’ mean there?

Pretty much what it always means. Did you need me to paste from a dictionary or something?

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

You’re speaking frequently live using a teleprompter?

I frequently did.  (frequently is also in the dictionary - just to save some time)

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

To whom are these speeches addressed? Should we know you? 

You're in a doxxing kind of mood today are you? :)