10 times Ron DeSantis changed Florida education

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Then you disagree with your other boss, Donald Trump? 

This is what he said a few minutes ago: 

Ron DeSanctimonious is the most overrated politician in America. His Numbers on COVID, Crime, and Education are terrible, but nobody knows it—Now they do. He shouldn’t even be running!

1200x-1.jpg

Yes. Yes, I disagree with DT there. He is going after a potential opponent like any other politician would. If DeSantis weren't a threat, the Donald would be cool with him. 

12 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Then you disagree with your other boss, Donald Trump? 

This is what he said a few minutes ago: 

Ron DeSanctimonious is the most overrated politician in America. His Numbers on COVID, Crime, and Education are terrible, but nobody knows it—Now they do. He shouldn’t even be running!

1200x-1.jpg

This is nuts. This rift between those two historically great men is going to end the country by allowing another goose stepping Democrat to be illegally installed in the presidency, and we'll then become Venezuela.

4 minutes ago, reason10 said:

This is nuts. This rift between those two historically great men is going to end the country by allowing another goose stepping Democrat to be illegally installed in the presidency, and we'll then become Venezuela.

I don't think so. Once we get a clear favorite, I think they'll back off of each other. 

Just now, Contrarian said:

Time to do the right thing and chose the Governor of Florida towards reason in the Republican Party. 

He is not perfect, but is the only chance the Republican Party to try a return to its soul taken hostage by the MAGA man in New York that does not pay his bills, allegedly. Rumour is, he did not pay his last wedding and billed it to the hotel, but is just a theory. ?

I've always gone on record for saying that Governor DeSantis needs to finish his second term and not leave Florida to the mercies of any meth head Democrat who might be able to steal an election. There's NOTHING for the country he can accomplish by running for president. He needs to support Trump (who is the best president of the 20th Century)  and get this man his THIRD landslide victory, (hopefully the third one not being stolen as well.)

There will be plenty of time for Governor DeSantis to run for President and win in a landslide and continue Trump's historic policies that gave America the best economy of the 21st Century.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Time to do the right thing and chose the Governor of Florida towards reason in the Republican Party. 

He is not perfect, but is the only chance the Republican Party to try a return to its soul taken hostage by the MAGA man in New York that does not pay his bills, allegedly. Rumour is, he did not pay his last wedding and billed it to the hotel, but is just a theory. ?

The right thing is to rally around the winner - I think most, if not all, good conservatives will do that. 

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

I don't think so. Once we get a clear favorite, I think they'll back off of each other. 

I hope you're right. Still, they shouldn't be doing this shit now. They should be uniting the Republican Party and moving to get the rest of the Nazi Democrats out of Congress.

1 minute ago, reason10 said:

I've always gone on record for saying that Governor DeSantis needs to finish his second term and not leave Florida to the mercies of any meth head Democrat who might be able to steal an election. There's NOTHING for the country he can accomplish by running for president. He needs to support Trump (who is the best president of the 20th Century)  and get this man his THIRD landslide victory, (hopefully the third one not being stolen as well.)

There will be plenty of time for Governor DeSantis to run for President and win in a landslide and continue Trump's historic policies that gave America the best economy of the 21st Century.

I agree. He's doing amazing stuff there. In a way, Florida is becoming the standard of conservatism, and DeSantis needs to keep that going until a strong replacement steps up. 

Just now, Contrarian said:

I don't think you understand the frame of thinking of your boss. Trump is not backing down, that is his style if you studied his psychology and know his act from the 80's and 90's. 

His ideologue is Roy Cohn, study about him. 

Not hardly. In the  80s and 90s, he was a flaming liberal who donated to Democrat campaigns. Most of the true conservatives (like Ben Shapiro) were afraid Trump was going to turn into another Obama and further a$$ screw this country.

Roy Cohn? That nutjob homo? Seriously? Trump and Cohn aren't even the same species.

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

I agree. He's doing amazing stuff there. In a way, Florida is becoming the standard of conservatism, and DeSantis needs to keep that going until a strong replacement steps up. 

Absolutely. Florida is becoming the standard the country should be following. DeSantis is the perfect leader for this state.

• Like 1

I don't think you understand the frame of thinking of your boss, Donald. Trump is not backing down, that is his style if you studied his psychology and know his act from the 80's and 90's. 

His ideologue is Roy Cohn, study about him: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Cohn

It doesn't matter. Trump isn't going to cause a rift. If it isn't Trump then it has to be DeSantis, and vice-versa. That is how things will roll. 

4 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I hope you're right. Still, they shouldn't be doing this shit now. They should be uniting the Republican Party and moving to get the rest of the Nazi Democrats out of Congress.

That would be ideal, but it may not happen until after Trump retires. 

Boys and girls, back to the article and away from the childish distraction from the forum's imbeciles. THIS is what should be discussed.

10 times Ron DeSantis changed Florida education

The governor dives in on school choice

“If the taxpayer is paying for education, it’s public education,” DeSantis said in 2019.

Even for Florida governors, who’ve all supported school choice programs in the 21st century, that was a radical stance. It showed how strongly the governor supports giving students scholarships to attend private schools. Later that year, DeSantis approved a bill creating a taxpayer-funded voucher system. (Previous school choice models relied on tax credit-funded scholarships.)

Florida eliminates Common Core

At one point, Florida leaders were big fans of the Common Core set of education standards. More than a decade ago, Bush helped lead the effort to create the standards and get them adopted by some 45 states.

DeSantis’ COVID school fights

In March 2020, like governors all over the country, DeSantis ordered schools closed for in-person instruction in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

But in what has become perhaps the signature decision of his first term, the DeSantis administration announced in July — amid a surge in documented cases of the coronavirus — that it would mandate schools to reopen for in-person instruction at the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.

The reopening was condemned by the Florida Education Association, the state’s largest teacher’s union, which argued the governor did not give districts a chance to reopen safely. But by Sept. 24, 2020, nearly half of all students were back in the classroom for in-person instruction, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study. By the next year, even many of DeSantis’ Democratic critics were admitting he made the right call.

Transgender athletes get banned from girls’ sports

A bill to ban transgender athletes from women’s and girls’ scholastic sports looked dead in the Legislature.

But in the final days of the 2021 legislative session, the measure was attached to a largely unrelated bill, then hastily passed by Republican lawmakers. Advocates hoped for a DeSantis veto.

They did not get one.

Math textbooks get banned

DeSantis made national news in 2022 when his Department of Education banned more than 40% of the textbooks submitted to the state by publishers for review. At the time, the department said the materials violated state laws prohibiting critical race theory, Common Core curriculum and social-emotional learning. (The latter term refers to a set of lessons that encourage the development of emotional skills along with more traditional curriculum.)

(Continued in next post)

Edited by reason10

DeSantis signs the Stop Woke Act

Ridding classrooms of “critical race theory” has been a major theme of DeSantis’ tenure. The term, which refers to an academic examination of institutional racism in the United States, usually applies to college or graduate studies.

Thanks in large part to the activism of the writer Christopher Rufo, critical race theory has also in recent years become a catchall term for instruction on race.

DeSantis signs Parental Rights in Education bill

One of the most contentious legislative fights of DeSantis’ tenure ended with a stroke of the governor’s pen. House Bill 1557, which critics called the “don’t say gay” bill, was aimed at asserting more parental control over schools. Among other things, the bill banned instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten through third grade, and restricted such instruction in older grades.

The governor wades into school board races

DeSantis has pushed for a greater politicization of school boards, arguing elections should be partisan and that members should have term limits. (He signed a bill mandating 12-year term limits in 2022.)

In 2022, the governor took his advocacy to another level, endorsing a slate of more than two dozen candidates for local school board seats. His political committee spent more than $2 million across the races.

“All we were doing — it wasn’t rocket science — we were just educating our voters about who shared our values and who didn’t,” DeSantis said of his political efforts.

His picks did quite well: 24 out of 30 won office.

DeSantis goes after professor tenure

When a professor at a university achieves tenure, they become extremely difficult to remove. As a result, tenure is a coveted status among academics, and a major sweetener for universities looking to recruit. The idea is to give professors job security to ensure greater academic freedom.

DeSantis tries to remake higher education

DeSantis in 2023 appointed several new conservative members to the board of trustees of the small liberal arts New College of Florida in Sarasota.

The appointments, which his office called an effort to “recapture higher education” in the state, included Rufo as well as a dean at Hillsdale College, a conservative Christian college in Michigan.

DeSantis has also picked former state Sen. Ray Rodrigues, who has repeatedly backed the governor’s priorities, to be the chancellor of the state’s university system. Ben Sasse, the new president of the University of Florida, is a former Republican U.S. senator. And most recently, DeSantis selected Richard Corcoran, the conservative politician who once led DeSantis’ Department of Education, to be New College’s next president.

This is a FLORIDA story, about how the greatest governor in Florida history maintains Florida's record HIGHEST standards for student achievement in the country.

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

That would be ideal, but it may not happen until after Trump retires. 

I STILL don't know why Trump is even bothering to stay in politics. He needs to rebuild his company and go back to that great life he walked away from to serve his country.

I know his family would love it if he would just walk away from this shit.

ANSWER = Power, bigger drug than the crack in some hole in Miami. You are coming to reason it seems, but there are holes in Miami that sell crack. Stay away from them. ?

THE DONALD wielded a lot of power as a businessman, having single handedly building a ten billion dollar international real estate empire.

Miami in some ways resembles most of California: A playground for the super rich and sheer poverty/crime hell for everyone else. You couldn't get me to visit that hellhole even at gunpoint. 

30 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I STILL don't know why Trump is even bothering to stay in politics. He needs to rebuild his company and go back to that great life he walked away from to serve his country.

I know his family would love it if he would just walk away from this shit.

I think we need him right now. I mean, who else is going to step in for the Republican nomination? Maybe Kari Lake, but it may be too early for her. 

On 3/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, Deluge said:

I think we need him right now. I mean, who else is going to step in for the Republican nomination? Maybe Kari Lake, but it may be too early for her. 

We definitely need Trump to unite the country and get us past the Democrat voter fraud thing.

The LEFT WING GESTAPO know this, which is why the FUHRER prosecutor in New York is trying to indict Trump for a crime that hasn't been committed.

The goose steppers KNOW that he will win in a legitimate election, (just like he did in the last one.)

18 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Political power can be more addictive than business power because politicians are constantly in the public eye and receive a lot of attention and validation from their supporters, such as you. 

This is why Trump, in my opinion, gets away with stupidity and agitation on Truth Social, because of elements like you, he always needs validation from people like you. 

He makes a lot of money though, good for him, capitalism 101, you only have the keyboard in Florida and tractor noises. ?  

BRRR BRRR Tractor Florida Man. 

Tractors in Florida have more education than you blue state !diots. I work in education, in the best schools in the western hemisphere. You dropped out of the third grade in the worst schools of the western hemisphere. You have ZERO room to talk.

12 hours ago, Contrarian said:

According to U.S. News & World Report's Best States for Education rankings, Florida ranks 27th in the nation for overall education. Additionally, a report by Education Week's Quality Counts 2021 gives Florida a C+ grade for K-12 education and ranks it 34th in the nation. 

?

Yeah, right. The left wing biased US Snooze. What's next? THE VIEW?

Come back when you have a RELIABLE source.