I'm hoping these current events will put Trump behind us..

Yea Trump can still whirl the media into a frenzy with two Tweets, but does anyone else here get the same feeling I have that Trump's popularity has finally fizzled. I really don't feel any major protests, upheavals or Semi's shutting off interstates will happen.

Sure he's the GOP frontrunner, but he's the only one who's announced.

I really think Americans have had enough. 

23 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

I disagree, he still has a highly energized base. Look at his rallies, for proof.

Many Americans are sick of him, but there are also many who have voter's remorse in voting for Biden, but felt they had no other choice.

While Trump is a horrible person, the US  economy thrived under him.

Biden made a catastrophic mistake, in bashing Trump for not being upfront with his constituents, then doing the very same. Avoiding the media, taking softball questions, or having meltdowns, and miscommunication.

He also slaps these people in the face, who can't afford fuel, food, and staples such as even eggs in some areas. Telling them inflation is "good".

He is remaining blind to the plight these people face. The fact they remember not having these issues under Trump.

His looming arrest if true, is no more than a political stunt. This stunt amplifies his status. Energizes his base.

You have many believing him in his "witch hunt" conspiracy theories. Imagine them seeing Trump in cuffs, for paying Stormy Daniels hush money.

You've just thrown gasoline on a growing level of anger in half of the US.

Edited by Perspektiv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

I disagree, he still has a highly energized base. Look at his rallies, for proof.

Many Americans are sick of him, but there are also many who have voter's remorse in voting for Biden, but felt they had no other choice.

Biden made a catastrophic mistake, in bashing Trump for not being upfront with his constituents, then doing the very same. Avoiding the media, taking softball questions, or having meltdowns, and miscommunication.

He also slaps these people in the face, who can't afford fuel, food, and staples such as even eggs in some areas. Telling them inflation is "good".

He is remaining blind to the plight these people face. The fact they remember not having these issues under Trump.

His looming arrest if true, is no more than a political stunt. This stunt amplifies his status. Energizes his base.

You have many believing him in his "witch hunt" conspiracy theories. Imagine them seeing Trump in cuffs, for paying Stormy Daniels hush money.

Who has voter’s remorse for voting for Biden?

Joe Biden is not exciting, or sexy, or entertaining. He just does the job. And he does it competently. He doesn’t insult people to win attention.  He comports himself respectfully.  He’s restored our economy and slashed Trump’s deficit by over 50%.  

The alternative to Biden, unfortunately, will likely be an extremist.  Americans are pretty sick and tired of extremism.  

21 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Joe Biden is not exciting, or sexy, or entertaining. He just does the job. And he does it competently. He doesn’t insult people to win attention.  He comports himself respectfully.  He’s restored our economy and slashed Trump’s deficit by over 50%.  

The alternative to Biden, unfortunately, will likely be an extremist.  Americans are pretty sick and tired of extremism.  

Errr 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3863637-trump-beats-biden-harris-in-2024-matchups-poll/

19 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I've seen dozens of interviews of people stating this, but this would be insufficient to prove "remorse". Rather, those who are (or were) his fiercest supporters turning on him, would dictate this -- not even Fox turned their back on Trump until after he failed to be reelected:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-beltways-case-of-biden-remorse-media-democrats-president-cnn-washington-post-11657145527

22 minutes ago, Rebound said:

And he does it competently.

Was Afghanistan competence?

The document leaks, he reassured Americans were locked in his garage?

Incoherent interviews. Looking lost. Tantrums when pressed.

I could go on, but won't touch on his awkwardness regarding touching:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Yea Trump can still whirl the media into a frenzy with two Tweets, but does anyone else here get the same feeling I have that Trump's popularity has finally fizzled. I really don't feel any major protests, upheavals or Semi's shutting off interstates will happen.

I would place most of the blame for that on the media. They have not stopped attacking him since day one. All the while, they virtually ignore and/or censor any and all improprieties on the Democrat side of the aisle.

3 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Sure he's the GOP frontrunner,

Yes I see, you really hope the Trump nightmare will finally be over. That way you might be able to finally get some sleep. The therapy and councilling will start to kick in. You might get new and more diverse interests in life. Maybe even go outside again.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I've looked at his base and his last 2 rallies were held in tiny venues with only 2k in attendance and many empty seats.

Most Americans realize Biden is not responsible for inflation which has gripped the whole westernized world wide. Our inflation numbers are much lower than other nations. Back to the popularity, Trump had over 100 million Tweeter followers and now the number is barely 2 million. 

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes I see, you really hope the Trump nightmare will finally be over. That way you might be able to finally get some sleep. The therapy and councilling will start to kick in. You might get new and more diverse interests in life. Maybe even go outside again.

Seems to me it's yawl that are suffering and looking for safe places ever since America gave your Cheeto Messiah the boot in 2020. And let's not forget yawks lackluster midterms performance 

23 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

I kinda sum the Trump thingy as a reality TV show that's run it's course. Ratings are down and viewers are no longer tuning in. Seems republicans are in a precarious place. Reality TV star and a noisy short fat guy in Fla who wears cheap suits, not good. 

And yet it's self-proclaimed leftists like yourself that keep bringing him up here. There must be something bothering you?

Just sayin is all

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There must be something bothering you?

As a conservative I ask you: don't you think that we should be bothered by Trump?  Other conservatives on here like BC, and Argus have delisted him as a conservative as have I.  Don't you think his behavior is exceptional and warrants that response?

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I think Trump as a politician is done, don't think he can win, but Trumpism as a movement, still has energy.

Trump just took everything too far.  But the philosophy of "America first" is appealing.  If a reasonable politician goes up and appeals to typical working Americans (the blue collar working class midwestern states make up most of the swing states) they'll do well.  Ted Cruz isn't going to inspire anyone.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

As a conservative I ask you: don't you think that we should be bothered by Trump?  Other conservatives on here like BC, and Argus have delisted him as a conservative as have I.  Don't you think his behavior is exceptional and warrants that response?

I don't call myself a conservative, so I cannot relate.

Trump's behaviour is not my concern. He sets a poor example to those who expect a certain decor or pomp and circumstance, but there are other bad examples. If it comes down to a choice between form and function, I'll go with the latter. Been duped enough times by some sweet talking character to know they're fulla shit too, and also not to be trusted.

I've simply put aside those expectations. Put aside labels. Look at the needs of the moment and the direction needed for the future.

On the othe hand, Trump does not pretend he is morally superior and does not proselitize about his virtue. He's not trying to project a certain morality or radically change the culture. Contrast that with Trudeau, who is exposed as an absolute hypocrite. I find that bothers me.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:21 AM, NYLefty said:

I know the left has had enough, but that's nothing new. Those a$$holes have had it in for him since 2016 and even before. 

The man still has our votes, and that's all that matters. 

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I would say that you're more of a moderate. 

I'm not bothered by Trump in the least. He is a firebrand, and that's what I like most about him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1.  He sets a poor example to those who expect a certain decor or pomp and circumstance, but there are other bad examples.  

2. Trump does not pretend he is morally superior and does not proselitize about his virtue. He's not trying to project a certain morality or radically change the culture. Contrast that with Trudeau, who is exposed as an absolute hypocrite. I find that bothers me.

1. That's it ?  He's bad at "pomp" ?
2. So hypocrisy is clearly the absolute worst sin to you.  If you think about that a bit you'll see that it leads to some odd places.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. That's it ?  He's bad at "pomp" ?
2. So hypocrisy is clearly the absolute worst sin to you.  If you think about that a bit you'll see that it leads to some odd places.

Yeah, I know that's my #1 problem with him: his boorish manners. 

His lack of decorum is so off-putting that I can't even be bothered with the short-sighted policies, the divisiveness, the politics of spite, the prioritization of self interest, the attempted coup and other trifles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Former President Donald Trump is playing with house money, having already pulled off one of the biggest political victories in U.S. history.  His wonderfully obnoxious nature and the equally predictable response of media and his enemies will not result in Trump just fading away into political or popular oblivion.

Trump had/has such a profound impact on the American political landscape, people still worry about him even in Canada, two years out of office.

Trump loves chaos...and chaos loves Trump.

• Haha 1