Ronald Reagan was a Traitor

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

It was BLATANTLY ILLEGAL.

What do you care about what's blatantly illegal or not? Our southern borders are being overrun by BLATANTLY ILLEGAL activity and you degenerates aren't even fazed; many of you are probably celebrating it. 

I already said that I disagree with what Reagan did, but at least he got the hostages released. 

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

You mean the LAWS WHICH REQUIRE consideration of asylum claims?

I mean the laws that require border enforcement.

It's funny how you degenerates think that every f*cking person who shows up at our borders is instantly an asylum seeker. lol

On 3/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, Rebound said:

Reagan, by the way, had nothing to do with the fall of the Soviet Union. That was Gorbachev’s doing.  The Reagan story is just a myth. 

When Hitler pummeled 2/3 of the Soviet Union to rubble and killed over 40 million Soviets, guess what? There was still a Soviet Union.  In fact, no government ever in world history “collapsed” because they couldn’t pay their bills. The USSR collapsed because Gorbachev permitted it. He said he would do it and he did.  

Ah, a GORBASM from the early 90s. Rush Limbaugh had a ball with knuckleheads like you, trying feebly to give Gorbachev the credit.

Reagan inherited an expanding Soviet Union, who had committed troops to Afghanistan, (mostly because JImmy Carter had proved to the world he was a weak, incompetent powderpuff.

https://www.heritage.org/conservatism/commentary/how-ronald-reagan-won-the-cold-war

He directed his top national security team to develop a plan to end the Cold War by winning it. The result was a series of top-secret national security decision directives that:

• Committed the U.S. to “neutralizing” Soviet control over Eastern Europe and authorized covert action and other means to support anti-Soviet groups in the region. 
  • Adopted a policy of attacking a “strategic triad” of critical resources –financial credits, high technology and natural gas – essential to Soviet economic survival. Author-economist Roger Robinson said the directive was tantamount to “a secret declaration of economic war on the Soviet Union.”
  • Determined that, rather than coexist with the Soviet system, the U.S. would seek to change it fundamentally. The language, drafted by Harvard historian Richard Pipes, was unequivocal: America intended to “roll back” Soviet influence at every opportunity.  

Following these directives, the administration pursued a multifaceted foreign policy offensive that included covert support of the Solidarity movement in Poland, an increase in pro-freedom public diplomacy (through instruments like the National Endowment for Democracy), a global campaign to reduce Soviet access to Western high technology and a drive to hurt the Soviet economy by driving down the price of oil and limiting natural gas exports to the West.

A key element of Reagan’s victory strategy was the support of anti-communist forces in Afghanistan, Nicaragua, Angola and Cambodia. The “Reagan Doctrine” (a name coined by syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer) was the most cost-effective of all the cold war doctrines, costing the United States less than a billion dollars a year while forcing the cash-strapped Soviets to spend some $8 billion annually to deflect its impact. It was also one of the most politically successful doctrines in Cold War history, resulting in a Soviet pullout from Afghanistan, the election of a democratic government in Nicaragua and the removal of 40,000 Cuban troops from Angola and the holding of United Nations-monitored elections there.

And then there was SDI—the Strategic Defense Initiative. Dismissed as “Star Wars” by U.S. skeptics, it put the Soviet military in a state of fear and shock. A decade later, a top Soviet strategist revealed what he had told the Politburo at the time: “Not only could we not defeat SDI, SDI defeated all our possible countermeasures.”

The American president who effectively wrote finis to the Cold War was Ronald Reagan. He entered the Oval Office with a clear set of ideas he had developed over a lifetime of study. He forced the Soviet Union to abandon its goal of world communism by challenging its legitimacy, regaining superiority in the arms race and using human rights as a powerful psychological weapon.

By the time Reagan left office in January 1989, the Reagan Doctrine had achieved its goal: Mikhail Gorbachev, the last leader of the Soviet system, publicly acknowledged the failures of Marxism-Leninism and the futility of Russian imperialism. In Margaret Thatcher’s words, Ronald Reagan had ended the Cold War without firing a shot.   

There has been NO president in history to achieve such a goal.

Trump came close when he ended violence in the Middle East, but an illegally installed pedophile Unelected Joe reversed ALL that progress.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Deluge said:

What do you care about what's blatantly illegal or not? Our southern borders are being overrun by BLATANTLY ILLEGAL activity and you degenerates aren't even fazed; many of you are probably celebrating it.

It is completely LEGAL because the LAW REQUIRES consideration of AMNESTY or else the JUDGE hearing that appeal would not grant them release to stay in the US while their case is heard. Duh.

I already said that I disagree with what Reagan did, but at least he got the hostages released. 

Nope. He got them held for MUCH LONGER than necessary.

A Four-Decade Secret: One Man’s Story of Sabotaging Carter’s Re-election

Former Texas Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes, compelled by the news of President Jimmy Carter entering hospice care, has told the New York Times that there was, in fact, a secret GOP effort in 1980 to prevent Iran from releasing 53 American hostages until after that year’s presidential election.

Barnes said that in the summer of 1980, he accompanied former Texas governor John Connally, on a trip to the Middle East during which Connally asked Arab leaders to communicate to Iranian officials that they should not release the hostages before Election Day because if they waited, Ronald Reagan would offer them a better deal. 

It's funny how you degenerates think that every f*cking person who shows up at our borders is instantly an asylum seeker. lol

Of course they ARE, WHEN THEY APPLY. By US LAW.

Unfortunate you are completely IGNORANT of US LAW.

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

Excuse me, BAT GUANO FOR BRAINS. Swimming the Rio Grande does not qualify for APPLYING.

Applying occurs in the LEGAL IMMIGRANT'S HOME COUNTRY. (To give you third grade dropouts an example, a Honduras citizen would be considered a HONDURAN. Honduras is his/her home country.) They simply apply at the local American embassy, for either immigration or asylum and FCKING WAIT THEIR GODDAM TURN!!!

The animals who swim the Rio Grande are NOT immigrants or applicants for asylum.

THEY ARE FCKING CRIMINALS.

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

It is completely LEGAL because the LAW REQUIRES consideration of AMNESTY or else the JUDGE hearing that appeal would not grant them release to stay in the US while their case is heard. Duh.

A Four-Decade Secret: One Man’s Story of Sabotaging Carter’s Re-election

So you are going to take the word of the SECOND WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY, an ignorant redneck on his death bed, who apparently cares more about his fcking legacy than the country his presidency A$$ FCKED?

Seriously?

Ronald Reagan DID NOT have the government clearance to broker any kind of deal. And had Carter been reelected, those hostages would have died of old age, surrounded by those criminal rag heads in Iran.

Get your head out of your a$$ .

11 hours ago, robosmith said:

What's unfortunate is your bleeding heart leftist point of view. 

The conditions for Asylum claims need to be tightened up - A LOT. 

Edited by Deluge

I see, so you're trying to tell me that every single f*cking human being at our borders is a legitimate asylum seeker? Explain how you know that. 

That was actually Carter who let them stay held for so long. He also f*cked up a rescue attempt. 

You democrats are a detriment to everything right and true. 

Edited by Deluge

On 3/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, Deluge said:

That was actually Carter who let them stay held for so long. He also f*cked up a rescue attempt. 

You democrats are a detriment to everything right and true. 

Do you honestly not understand the nature of that confession? The Republicans told the Iranians NOT to release the hostages or negotiate with Carter. To wait a year and they'd pay them back for the favor. 

It's just plain evil to trade 55 years of actual human suffering for a better chance that you'll get elected. If that vile exchange is "right and true" in your be worldview then you have some very big problems.

Edited by Hodad

On 3/23/2023 at 10:28 AM, Deluge said:

I’m not a degenerate, but can you inform us how law requires the government to treat asylum seekers?

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

I’m not a degenerate, but can you inform us how law requires the government to treat asylum seekers?

Sure you are. You swing left, and that instantly makes you a degenerate. You're also a race hustler and a racist. 

Oh, I'm sure the law (most likely written by democrats and RINOs) is very accepting of asylum seekers, and that's the problem. The law needs to be a lot more stringent with that shit, as there seem to be a lot more abusers out there. 

17 hours ago, Hodad said:

Do you honestly not understand the nature of that confession? The Republicans told the Iranians NOT to release the hostages or negotiate with Carter. To wait a year and they'd pay them back for the favor. 

It's just plain evil to trade 55 years of actual human suffering for a better chance that you'll get elected. If that vile exchange is "right and true" in your be worldview then you have some very big problems.

A confession is nice, but facts are better. This deal was never actually proven anywhere except in the heads of deranged democrats. 

Nice try. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

A confession is nice, but facts are better. This deal was never actually proven anywhere except in the heads of deranged democrats. 

Nice try. 

What constitutes "proof"?

A Republican, who was party to the events, gave a late-life confession with morning to gain. In response, you talk about the deal being in the heads of deranged Democrats?

I think there's a typo in your user name, Delude.

Edited by Hodad

This theory has been floating around for a long time. All the left-leaning news sources seem to be running it as if it were totally irrefutable.

It depends what you read. Another source may cast doubt and point out inconsistencies in the theory.

Pinkerton: Carter, Reagan, and American Hostages in Iran: NYT Goes Back to 1980 to Smear Republicans (breitbart.com)

I wouldn't say this story is completely implausible but I'm not convinced it's 100% true right now either. Jimmy Carter is a good man but he was a failure as President.

4 hours ago, Hodad said:

What constitutes "proof"?

A Republican, who was party to the events, gave a late-life confession with morning to gain. In response, you talk about the deal being in the heads of deranged Democrats?

I think there's a typo in your user name, Delude.

Talk about a state governor's role in international affairs. You can start with Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes supposed trip the ME. 

On 3/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, Deluge said:

Oh? Is that what Ronald Reagan did? 
So you’re admitting that Ronald Reagan illegally conducted his own foreign policy initiatives before being sworn in as President.  Because there is no possible way that Reagan conducted successful hostage release negotiations within an hour of being sworn in as President. 

Although I don’t see how keeping the hostages in captivity longer means he “got the hostages released.”

Edited by Rebound

On 3/18/2023 at 5:44 PM, Rebound said:

After forty-three years, the has come out: An attorney confessed that he and John Connelly, working for Reagan, convinced the Iranians to keep fifty-three Americans in captivity, promising them Reagan would give them “a better deal.” Connelly was subsequently named Secretary of the Navy by Reagan  

History tells us the rest: The hostages were held in Iran 444 days, and released January 20, 1981, just minutes after Ronald Reagan was sworn in. And after that, we know for a fact that the Reagan Administration illegally sold arms to Iran through France and Japan. 

Full Coverage here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/18/us/politics/jimmy-carter-october-surprise-iran-hostages.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

No real evidence.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/25/pinkerton-carter-reagan-and-american-hostages-in-iran-nyt-goes-back-to-1980-to-smear-republicans/

1 hour ago, Mako said:

It's been widely assumed as fact for a long time, There are many people involved who have acknowledged it. This is just the first time that an American directly involved hasv confessed it.

If you don't find a confession from one of the Republicans who was involved in the effort, it's hard to imagine what you think would constitute "evidence." 

On 3/26/2023 at 6:28 AM, Deluge said:

Sure you are. You swing left, and that instantly makes you a degenerate. You're also a race hustler and a racist. 

Oh, I'm sure the law (most likely written by democrats and RINOs) is very accepting of asylum seekers, and that's the problem. The law needs to be a lot more stringent with that shit, as there seem to be a lot more abusers out there. 

I don’t know what a race hustler is. 
But, you agree Biden is following Federal Law in how he treats asylum seekers.  It’s the President’s job to enforce the law, not to make up any law he or she wants. 

Edited by Rebound

20 hours ago, Rebound said:

Oh? Is that what Ronald Reagan did? 
So you’re admitting that Ronald Reagan illegally conducted his own foreign policy initiatives before being sworn in as President.  Because there is no possible way that Reagan conducted successful hostage release negotiations within an hour of being sworn in as President. 

Although I don’t see how keeping the hostages in captivity longer means he “got the hostages released.”

Who admits anything about this subject besides democrats? I'm saying that I disagree with the arms deals and wish Reagan had nothing to do with any of it, but it looks like there was some involvement on his part. As far the whats, whens and wheres of it, I have no idea, and neither do you clowns - not truly. 

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

I don’t know what a race hustler is. 
But, you agree Biden is following Federal Law in how he treats asylum seekers.  It’s the President’s job to enforce the law, not to make up any law he or she wants. 

Race hustlers point their fingers a lot. They're accusers. They peddle the notion that White Supremacy rules America and Black people are not safe because of it. Race hustlers want total control over the public school system. They want to teach white kids to defer to black people rather than treat them like an equal. 

No, I don't think Biden is following Federal Law in regards to asylum seekers - if he were, then there wouldn't be chaos on the borders. A GOOD president would maintain order, not let hundreds of illegals flood into the country like in El Paso. 

https://nypost.com/2022/12/08/mob-of-over-700-migrants-caught-crossing-us-border-into-texas/

Edited by Deluge