In DeSantis’s revised history curriculum, Rosa Parks wasn’t black or a civil rights activist

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

LMAO Kinda sounds like: “It’s only ATTEMPTED Murder, so what are you complaining about?  It’s not like I got away with it (this time)!”

Or more similarly: “We only ATTEMPTED to steal the 2020 election but now it’s not going to happen so what are you complaining about?”

Beave, Beave. Beave.

Can you honestly not tell that if you're trying to bring attempted murder, and the 2020 election into a conversation about this conspiracy theory you have that Ron DeSantis is trying make Rosa Parks white all you're doing is trying to build some more ridiculous strawmen you hope you can suck me into attacking so you can accuse me of building strawmen.

And you still haven't answered the actual question. If your conspiracy theory is not going to happen and it's not, what are you complaining about?

You get so exited Beave, it's amusing. You run around like this Q796QSn.gif doing this w1roaUS.gif slinging insults and hoping you can get me to chase you into your little field of strawmen and I and a few others just sit here chuckling like this lFvcTWw.gif.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:12 PM, Contrarian said:

DeSantis has not attempted to suppress the press.

Furthermore:

In the early 1970s, two Washington Postreporters investigated the arrest of seven would-be burglars who attempted to break into the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C. With the help of the evocatively named “Deep Throat” and other unnamed sources, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein helped uncover a scandal that led to the first resignation of a president of the United States.

In Ron DeSantis’s Florida, however, Richard Nixon might have simply sued Woodward and Bernstein into penury. A bill introduced last month by a Republican state lawmaker in Tallahassee, which DeSantis supports, would rewrite the state’s defamation laws to make it easier for would-be litigants to bring successful claims against news outlets in court. It would effectively ban anonymous sources and allow public figures to punish people who accuse them of racism, sexism, or homophobia. As The Washington Postreported on Thursday, the bill would be a severe blow to journalism in the Sunshine State..

https://newrepublic.com/article/171348/floridas-attempt-muzzle-press-hurt-fox-news

Edited by BeaverFever

16 hours ago, Deluge said:

It's made up? 

Not according to these guys: 

https://www.city-journal.org/yes-critical-race-theory-is-being-taught-in-schools

Point out where I am backpedaling. 

The claim that any white kids anywhere are actually experiencing feelings of personal guilt is made up. 

CRT is boogeyman with no definition so conservatives can point to anyone or anything and claim its CRT if they wish. 

The backpedaling is because at first you defended the Rosa Parks edits but now seem to be flip flopping. 

14 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Beave, Beave. Beave.

Can you honestly not tell that if you're trying to bring attempted murder, and the 2020 election into a conversation about this conspiracy theory you have that Ron DeSantis is trying make Rosa Parks white all you're doing is trying to build some more ridiculous strawmen you hope you can suck me into attacking so you can accuse me of building strawmen.

And you still haven't answered the actual question. If your conspiracy theory is not going to happen and it's not, what are you complaining about?

You get so exited Beave, it's amusing. You run around like this Q796QSn.gif doing this w1roaUS.gif slinging insults and hoping you can get me to chase you into your little field of strawmen and I and a few others just sit here chuckling like this lFvcTWw.gif.

It didn’t happen because it was exposed by NYT and was widely criticized, you dummy.  You’re trying pathetically to argue that because it was foiled it means it never should have been exposed and criticized in the first place?  Stop being so dense. 

Just now, BeaverFever said:

The claim that any white kids anywhere are actually experiencing feelings of personal guilt is made up. 

CRT is boogeyman with no definition so conservatives can point to anyone or anything and claim its CRT if they wish. 

The backpedaling is because at first you defended the Rosa Parks edits but now seem to be flip flopping. 

And that's because you've personally interviewed every single white kid in America? Your comment is what's made up. 

You didn't read the article. I suggest you read the article. 

A little specificity, BeaverFever; what Rosa Parks edits, and where is the flip flopping? 

Just now, Deluge said:

And that's because you've personally interviewed every single white kid in America? Your comment is what's made up. 

Have YOU?  YOU’RE the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on YOU. 

This thing you right wings kooks do where you just make these grandiose claims  with ZERO evidence then demand that it’s the critics who must prove you wrong is really the height of ignorance. “Prove the election WASN’T Stolen!”  “Prove Obama’s birth certificate ISN’T a forgery!”  “Prove Saddam DOESN’T have WMD that we just haven’t found yet!”

I skimmed the article and saw nothing of relevance. If you feel there’s something specific in there that is relevant, then you will have to do the hard work of actually reading it and citing it here  

”What Rosa Parks edits?”   Lol you lost or something?  What do you think this thread has been about?  Go back to page 1 and read all the previous posts especially your own. 

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

It didn’t happen because it was exposed by NYT and was widely criticized, you dummy. 

And that's nothing but a conspiracy theory from a liar who calls people conspiracy theorists then dons his tin foil hat whenever it becomes convenient.

But let's say it is somehow true. Ron De Santis through his evil cabinet was going to try to indoctrinate children into believing the civil rights era didn't happen and somehow the race of those involved was questionable anyway. Luckily for us then that heroes like yourself and the NEW York Times had saved the day by running around in circles pulling your hair out, squealing, "THERE WAS AN EDIT! AN EDIT!! Did you hear me? AN EDiT!!! OMG! An Edit!"

It was a late Edit. Stuffed into a review that didn't have any power to actually decide on what the curriculum would be but that doesn't matter because Beave, R&R and their New York Times saved the day by revealing the the horror of the EDIT.

OK, let's jump down that insanity hole with you for a sec and assume you're correct. You and yours have saved us all from having the future indoctrinated into believing there was no civil rights era and there weren't real blacks involved anyway.

Let's pretend that was De Santis's nefarious plan before the NYT and their army of NPC progs thwarted it by running around in circles, pulling their hair out SQUeee-ing about "THE EDIT!"

Very well. Even by your own admission the De Santis conspiracy is not going to happen now. You saved the day. Good for you.

But what are you still complaining about?

Edited by Infidel Dog

57 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Have YOU?  YOU’RE the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on YOU. 

I provided the video and I presented the article. You haven't produced a f*cking thing except your opinion, and we both know that isn't worth shit, so I suggest you get busy. 

7 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

And that's nothing but a conspiracy theory from a liar who calls people conspiracy theorists then dons his tin foil hat whenever it becomes convenient

It’s not a conspiracy theory when you catch someone red-handed in the act and decide not to believe their excuse that it’s all just all some sort of honest misunderstanding. Especially when the excuse is offered only after they got caught and with no evidence to support their version of events. You’re the one who REGULARLY resorts to lies and conspiracy theories on just about any and all issues including the numerous ones you floated in this thread that you now won’t even acknowledge despite the fact I keep bringing your attention back to them in every post.  

You have those four big lies or misunderstandings in this thread that you’ve backtracked on after I exposed your idi*cy and educated you amd you will neither confirm nor deny them even though it’s all in record

Its also not a conspiracy theory because republicans in Florida and elsewhere have a track record of banning stories just like this. For example, “The Life of Rosa Parks” is a book currently banned by Republicans in Duval county Florida and the children's books “I am Rosa Parks” and “I am Martin Luther King” are on all list banned by a Republican school board in Pennsylvania.  And those were books specifically placed on a banned list , not the result of somebody’s misunderstanding. Republican book bans at the school, school board, and state level have proliferated as part of their culture war and they tend to target Black and LGBTQ books in particular. 

Regardless of what DeSantis may or may not have deliberately intended to ban with hai law his culture war laws have real world consequences like people thinking they’re supposed to edit the story of Rosa Parks amd trying to do it. 

Your arguments and lies on this theory continue to be desperate pathetic attempts to cover your own tracks, you clearly went all-in on this story too early before you understood the facts and have had to revise your position and backtrack on your several times. You’re destroying whatever shreds of credibility you had as someone who can absorb facts and assemble any sort of coherent argument. It’s hilarious!  Keep it up!

14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

It’s not a conspiracy theory when you catch someone red-handed in the act and decide not to believe their excuse that it’s all just all some sort of honest misunderstanding. Especially when the excuse is offered only after they got caught and with no evidence to support their version of events. You’re the one who REGULARLY resorts to lies and conspiracy theories on just about any and all issues including the numerous ones you floated in this thread that you now won’t even acknowledge despite the fact I keep bringing your attention back to them in every post.  

You have those four big lies or misunderstandings in this thread that you’ve backtracked on after I exposed your idi*cy and educated you amd you will neither confirm nor deny them even though it’s all in record

Its also not a conspiracy theory because republicans in Florida and elsewhere have a track record of banning stories just like this. For example, “The Life of Rosa Parks” is a book currently banned by Republicans in Duval county Florida and the children's books “I am Rosa Parks” and “I am Martin Luther King” are on all list banned by a Republican school board in Pennsylvania.  And those were books specifically placed on a banned list , not the result of somebody’s misunderstanding. Republican book bans at the school, school board, and state level have proliferated as part of their culture war and they tend to target Black and LGBTQ books in particular. 

Regardless of what DeSantis may or may not have deliberately intended to ban with hai law his culture war laws have real world consequences like people thinking they’re supposed to edit the story of Rosa Parks amd trying to do it. 

Your arguments and lies on this theory continue to be desperate pathetic attempts to cover your own tracks, you clearly went all-in on this story too early before you understood the facts and have had to revise your position and backtrack on your several times. You’re destroying whatever shreds of credibility you had as someone who can absorb facts and assemble any sort of coherent argument. It’s hilarious!  Keep it up!

You can't expose shit, BeaverFever. You're all blather and no evidence. 

Edited by Deluge

On 3/18/2023 at 2:05 PM, BeaverFever said:

Florida textbook altered to remove references to Rosa Parks’s race: report

A Florida textbook publisher removed all references of race from a lesson about civil rights icon Rosa Parks in order to get a Florida committee’s approval, according to The New York Times. 

Parks helped spark the Montgomery Bus Boycott after she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Ala., bus in 1955. 

In the current lesson by Studies Weekly, which is used in 45,000 elementary schools, the event is described: “The law said African Americans had to give up their seats on the bus if a white person wanted to sit down.” 

But in an early version created for Florida’s review by Studies Weekly, the lesson changed to: “She was told to move to a different seat because of the color of her skin.” 

In the group’s second updated version, race is removed completely from the lesson: “She was told to move to a different seat.”

Studies Weekly also made changes to their fourth-grade lesson about segregation laws.

In the initial version, the text explained how Black Americans were affected by Jim Crow laws that arose after the Civil War, but like its updates to the Parks lesson, the second version eliminated almost every direct mention of race. Instead, the lessons were changed to say it was illegal for “men of certain groups” to be unemployed and that “certain groups of people” were not allowed to serve on a jury.

Florida is currently reviewing social studies curriculum, which includes flagging any topics that could be deemed as critical race theory, a collegiate-level framework used to explain systemic racism in the United States that has become a political catch-all buzzword for any teaching on race.

….

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3905312-florida-textbook-altered-to-remove-references-to-rosa-parkss-race-report/

Uh, BAT GUANO FOR BRAINS, how does "color of one's skin" somehow leave race out of the equation?

Oh, by the way, blacks weren't called African Americans back in the Democrat Party Jim Crow days. They were called NEGROES. Or they were called "Colored People." (not much different from the left wing phrase "People of color.")

There are Caucasians, Negroes and Mongolians. Those are the races. That element has ALWAYS been taught in public schools since Reconstruction.  Rosa Parks was ARRESTED because the local Jim Crow law said people of her skin color had to give up a bus seat to a Caucasian upon demand. I'm pretty sure her skin color was not plaid. She wasn't Scottish.

I'm pretty sure that Florida school children (who are smarter than any blue state school children) understand that Rosa Parks was not a Caucasian.

As usual, this issue is bullshit.

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

Uh, BAT GUANO FOR BRAINS, how does "color of one's skin" somehow leave race out of the equation?

Oh, by the way, blacks weren't called African Americans back in the Democrat Party Jim Crow days. They were called NEGROES. Or they were called "Colored People." (not much different from the left wing phrase "People of color.")

There are Caucasians, Negroes and Mongolians. Those are the races. That element has ALWAYS been taught in public schools since Reconstruction.  Rosa Parks was ARRESTED because the local Jim Crow law said people of her skin color had to give up a bus seat to a Caucasian upon demand. I'm pretty sure her skin color was not plaid. She wasn't Scottish.

I'm pretty sure that Florida school children (who are smarter than any blue state school children) understand that Rosa Parks was not a Caucasian.

As usual, this issue is bullshit.

It iasnot being disputed by anyone that the purpose of the edit was to avoid directly mentioning that White people once oppressed Black people. And it is not disputed by anyone that the edits were made in or to comply with DeSantis’ law which is broadly and vaguely worded and doesn’t have any interpretation or guidance provided by the state 

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

You can't expose shit, BeaverFever. You're all blather and no evidence. 

But I did expose shit. Your shit. And Fiddles. With evidence. 

Meanwhile in the Amerikkka’s dumbest state, a Florida principal was forced to resign because 6th grade art students were shown a picture of the famous statue Michelangelo’s David during an art lesson  without the parents being warned first  

Ironically the school is a conservative Christian charter school “based on the centrality of the Western tradition,” or, as the Tampa Bay Times describes it, “a historical focus on white, Western European and Judeo-Christian foundations.”   This type of learning places heavy emphasis on Greek, Roman and Renaissance art (with  David one of the most famous examples of the latter) as evidence of the supposed supremacy of western culture which must be passed down from generation to generation. But the 12-yr olds saw a statue with a wee-wee so someone’s head must roll ?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/25/florida-principal-resigns-michelangelo-david

image.jpeg

Edited by BeaverFever

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

It iasnot being disputed by anyone that the purpose of the edit was to avoid directly mentioning that White people once oppressed Black people. And it is not disputed by anyone that the edits were made in or to comply with DeSantis’ law which is broadly and vaguely worded and doesn’t have any interpretation or guidance provided by the state 

That is a LIE. It is a STUPID lie.

Critical Race Theory, according to its creator Derrick Bell

"CALL EVERYTHING RACIST UNTIL YOU CONTROL IT."

Governor DeSantis believes that our textbooks TODAY are all that are needed to educate the new young skulls full of mush on race, as generations BEFORE them.

CRT is RACIST, and teaching it is no different than teaching EUGENICS, a junk science from YOUR left wing side of the aisle that led to the HOLOCAUST.

13 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

But I did expose shit. Your shit. And Fiddles. With evidence. 

Meanwhile in the Amerikkka’s dumbest state, a Florida principal was forced to resign because 6th grade art students were shown a picture of the famous statue Michelangelo’s David during an art lesson  without the parents being warned first  

What evidence? All you used was yourself as a source. lol

Yeah that was pretty stupid of those parents to become unhinged over a classic sculpture - almost as stupid as leftists taking over teaching positions in Americas schools. 

I'm surprised you degenerates didn't have that piece banned due to racism. 

On 3/26/2023 at 6:20 AM, Deluge said:

What evidence? All you used was yourself as a source. lol

Yeah that was pretty stupid of those parents to become unhinged over a classic sculpture - almost as stupid as leftists taking over teaching positions in Americas schools. 

I'm surprised you degenerates didn't have that piece banned due to racism. 

What evidence?  Click the links provided, dummy.  The facts are not in dispute only the motives. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

What links? All you used was yourself as a source. 

Everything you support is in dispute at all times. 

Are you blind?  The very first post in this thread ahas a link. Even your fellow right wing crackpot Infidel posted a link in this they to the publisher’s website, where the accused publisher attempted to explain their side. 

C’mon man don’t be so lazy this thread isn’t that ling. Go back to page 1 and start reading. Or are you like the typical short-attention spanMAGA and unable to read anything for longer than 30 seconds?

7 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Are you blind?  The very first post in this thread ahas a link. Even your fellow right wing crackpot Infidel posted a link in this they to the publisher’s website, where the accused publisher attempted to explain their side. 

C’mon man don’t be so lazy this thread isn’t that ling. Go back to page 1 and start reading. Or are you like the typical short-attention spanMAGA and unable to read anything for longer than 30 seconds?

OK, I would've left the text alone. it wouldn't hurt to use the Rosa Parks story to talk about differences and then teach that ALL lives matter, not just a certain group. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

OK, I would've left the text alone. it wouldn't hurt to use the Rosa Parks story to talk about differences and then teach that ALL lives matter, not just a certain group. 

LITERALLY NOBODY teaches that “just a certain group” matters.

And the story of Rosa Parks isn’t to “talk about differences”. It’s to ensure generations never forget that not so long ago in most people’s lifetimes, apartheid and segregation were official government policies that were widely supported by a large majority of Americans,  and that things only improved because those who suffered under it RESISTED and FOUGHT for change over many years, even though doing so subjected them to state-sanctioned brutality and even death.  

• Thanks 1