In DeSantis’s revised history curriculum, Rosa Parks wasn’t black or a civil rights activist

51 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Buddy you are look going around in circles.

Let's check that out. Here is how my very first post in this thread began.

In DeSantis’s revised history curriculum, Florida textbook altered to remove references to Rosa Parks’s race:

Really? Did they now? Who says so?

My god, Beave you have finally said something that may be correct. Was it an accident?

I began asking you to justify the title of your thread and I'm still doing it. We're precisely where we started. Where the snake first began to swallow its head.

Well can you then? Can you show me in the Publisher's response to the New York Times. Where they say the current textbook will be altered to say Rosa Parks was just some woman of non descript racial origins?

Still can't do it, eh?

How about showing me how it's possible for Ron De Santis to be responsible for something that's not going to happen?

Is that proving to be too much even for the King of Lies?

And also one more time. If you can't show me where the curriculum will be minimizing the race or importance of Rosa Parks to the civil rights story, what are you complaining about?

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I admit, Beave sometimes your willingness to say, present a picture of an Aardvark and tell them it's a tomato impresses even me.

1) Sad that the average leftist in the US is constantly bombarded with the type of sensational lies posted in the OP.

2) Even more sad: most of them will never know they were lied to because they've been conditioned to avoid the sources which will point out the truth, and they're too stupid/lazy to follow up themselves. 

3) Thrice as sad: those leftards will ignore the truth if you put it right under their noses. They're actually much happier just wallowing in their confirmation bias than they are knowing the truth.

4) Sadder than that: even after being presented with evidence that their shiny new story is a lie, they won't be able to resist the temptation to spread the lies themselves because they just have too much fun spreading manure.

5) Saddest of all: if they get caught lying they won't care because they're so accustomed to it now. If they did care, they would have stopped watching CNN/NBC and CBC/CTV in the first place. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The only one trying to revise the narrative here is republicans. 

You never answered the question about whether 9-11 should be censored in order to spare the feelings of Muslims who had nothing to do with it. 

In your dreams. Revision is the cornerstone of leftism - it's the only thing that keeps the woketards above water. 

Muslims need to care more about facts than their feelings. If the main body has a terrorist arm to it, then they need to sever it not ignore it. 

Edited by Deluge

17 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Having a black president is what sent overt republican racism into high gear. Suddenly they felt safe saying the N word again. 

Having a politician (who was lacking in experience) get in because of his skin tone is what pissed Republicans off. Especially in light of all the pervert hypocrites' complaints about Sarah Palin's "inexperience". 

Edited by Deluge

18 hours ago, Rebound said:

So where is that happening?

I have lots of German friends. They don't feel guilty about the Holocaust, nor should they.

That's right - today's Germans should not have any guilt, just like today's white kids should not have any guilt.  

So why are you still crying about race? If your German friends are not crying, why are you? 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

That's right - today's Germans should not have any guilt, just like today's white kids should not have any guilt.  

So why are you still crying about race? If your German friends are not crying, why are you? 

What is this stupid video? 
We should make up Federal policy over pretend videos created with actors about things that aren’t actually happening? Doesn’t make any sense to me.  

18 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Let's check that out. Here is how my very first post in this thread began.

My god, Beave you have finally said something that may be correct. Was it an accident?

I began asking you to justify the title of your thread and I'm still doing it. We're precisely where we started. Where the snake first began to swallow its head.

Well can you then? Can you show me in the Publisher's response to the New York Times. Where they say the current textbook will be altered to say Rosa Parks was just some woman of non descript racial origins?

Still can't do it, eh?

How about showing me how it's possible for Ron De Santis to be responsible for something that's not going to happen?

Is that proving to be too much even for the King of Lies?

And also one more time. If you can't show me where the curriculum will be minimizing the race or importance of Rosa Parks to the civil rights story, what are you complaining about?

Repeating you desperate ridiculous arguments isn’t getting you anywhere. You’ve seen the edits that were suggested and the publisher open admits that’s what they provided  

Now you’re hilariously saying that since they’ve called it off AFTER it was  accurately reported by the NYT the original article want true?  That doesn’t even make sense.  You understand that the publisher’s statement came out only AFTER NYT exposed them right?

Your ridiculous argument is like a burglar on the defence stand saying “but your honour the cops caught me in the in the act therefore technically I didn’t steal anything!”

Apparently in Fiddle-land the only way the NYT article is true is if the publisher had said “we’re still going through with it”  

Your argument is so dumb, you’re hanging your entire hat on the fact that the publisher admitted guilt (but as a mistake) and backed off the edit, after they were exposed, rather than doubling down.    Your idi*cy knows no bounds. 

37 minutes ago, Rebound said:

What is this stupid video? 
We should make up Federal policy over pretend videos created with actors about things that aren’t actually happening? Doesn’t make any sense to me.  

I see, so are you opposed to discussing white privilege in this kind of setting with kids, or are you just opposed to the way the video approached white privilege? 

You didn't answer my question below the video. 

Edited by Deluge

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Germans don’t pretend the holocaust didn’t happen it keep statues of Hitler in order to protect German feelings.  The evils of the Nazis and the holocaust are taught extensively beginning at an early age in Germany, which includes having school children hear stories first hand from holocaust survivors. 

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Germans don’t pretend the holocaust didn’t happen it keep statues of Hitler in order to protect German feelings.  The evils of the Nazis and the holocaust are taught extensively beginning at an early age in Germany, which includes having school children hear stories first hand from holocaust survivors. 

Point out where I said Germans pretend the holocaust didn't happen. 

Edited by Deluge

28 minutes ago, Deluge said:

It should be taught, but not projected on the youth. It's in the past, and that's where it needs to stay. 

Yes, and I agree that segregation and slavery are in the past. Children should not feel guilty about those things. But is racism a thing of the past, or does it still exist in America today?

Should children feel guilty about racism? No, but they should understand what it is, and its forms, so that they learn not to be racist. And that is true of children of all colors. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

Florida Scoured Textbooks for ‘Prohibited Topics’

A prominent conservative education group, whose members volunteered to review textbooks, objected to a slew of them, accusing publishers of ‘promoting their bias.’ … And in a sign of how fraught the political landscape has become, one publisher created multiple versions of its social studies material, softening or eliminating references to race — even in the story of Rosa Parks — as it sought to gain approval in Florida.”

The New York Times compared three versions of the company’s Rosa Parks story, meant for first graders: a current lesson used now in Florida, an initial version created for the state textbook review and a second updated version.

In the current lesson on Rosa Parks, segregation is clearly explained: “The law said African Americans had to give up their seats on the bus if a white person wanted to sit down.”

But in the initial version created for the textbook review, race is mentioned indirectly.

“She was told to move to a different seat because of the color of her skin,” the lesson said.

In the updated version, race is not mentioned at all.

“She was told to move to a different seat,” the lesson said, without an explanation of segregation. 

Simple explanation of the hoops publishers now have to jump through to sell text books in FL. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Repeating you desperate ridiculous arguments isn’t getting you anywhere. You’ve seen the edits that were suggested and the publisher open admits that’s what they provided  

Now you’re hilariously saying that since they’ve called it off AFTER it was  accurately reported by the NYT the original article want true?  That doesn’t even make sense.  You understand that the publisher’s statement came out only AFTER NYT exposed them right?

Your ridiculous argument is like a burglar on the defence stand saying “but your honour the cops caught me in the in the act therefore technically I didn’t steal anything!”

Apparently in Fiddle-land the only way the NYT article is true is if the publisher had said “we’re still going through with it”  

Your argument is so dumb, you’re hanging your entire hat on the fact that the publisher admitted guilt (but as a mistake) and backed off the edit, after they were exposed, rather than doubling down.    Your idi*cy knows no bounds. 

And as always every claim made above is blathered up BS diversion from the point.

The Point is at has remained throughout this thread that the Title of this thread is a lie.

This one:

In DeSantis’s revised history curriculum, Rosa Parks wasn’t black or a civil rights activist

That's not going to happen. No textbook in the final form will contain anything like that. So if it's not going to happen what are you nutbars complaining about?

I'll give you fanatics credit for one thing. Some of you true believers are so locked into this lie that it's almost impressive.

Now as to the edits. The Rosa Parks one was stuffed into a final revision before a review which didn't even have power of final decision on what would or wouldn't be accepted as curriculum. The reviewers could only offer opinion.

The publisher of the the Rosa Parks offering containing the sneaky edit that was snuck in at the last moment before the Mickey Mouse "review" called it an abhorrent miswriting of history. Something like that anyway. And they're not happy with the "staff" that stuffed the bogus edit in before they could see it. They say those people have been identified and the situation has been rectified.

But that isn't the story Beave wanted you to believe in his title, is it? Go ahead lie some more and say it was. What blows my mind is even after the publisher responded to the NYT story telling you the Rosa Parks edits will never actually happen some of you are still all in on the lie.

The Publisher of the review offering with the sneaky last minute edit is no longer eligible BTW. There are different stories as to why but you won't be seeing that bogus edit in any curriculum textbook.

So again, what are you complaining about?

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

And as always every claim made above is blathered up BS diversion from the point.

The Point is at has remained throughout this thread that the Title of this thread is a lie.

This one:

That's not going to happen. No textbook in the final form will contain anything like that. So if it's not going to happen what are you nutbars complaining about?

I'll give you fanatics credit for one thing. Some of you true believers are so locked into this lie that it's almost impressive.

Well it’s not going to happen anymore, now that truth has come out. When DeSantis’s bill first came out this is exactly the kid of censorship and revisionism people said would happen and would have if not for the NYT and the people who leaked it to them. Better luck next time.

Your desperation and your ever-changing arguments and lies like the one you made up about secret democrat infiltrators are sad and pathetic. 

The Rosa Parks one was stuffed into a final revision before a review which didn't even have power of final decision on what would or wouldn't be accepted as curriculum. The reviewers could only offer opinion.

Or so the publisher claims, anyway. There’s no actual proof of this. Anyway the point is that it was submitted to the State of Florida anyway because they thought that this was what Florida required with its new law  

The publisher…called it an abhorrent miswriting of history.

Thank you for letting me educate you. You previously claimed the publisher called the NYT article that. I had to fix your ignorance yet again and surprisingly it stuck this time. You’re welcome. 

But that isn't the story Beave wanted you to believe in his title, is it?

That wasn’t the story YOU told with made up tales of secret Democrat infiltrators and people getting fired. And remember in your original posts on this thread you claimed that there was no actual publisher, that the screenshots of the edited content were fake and the whole story had been concocted  You questioned why the publisher wasn’t even named when in fact it was named right from the very beginning.  You’ve been failing this whole time and only digging yourself deeper  

What blows my mind is even after the publisher responded to the NYT story telling you the Rosa Parks edits will never actually happen some of you are still all in on the lie.

The only reason it’s never going to happen is because the correct story as reported by NYT and posted by me in this thread came out. The fact that an attempt to edit was made in the first place is damning enough. 

The Publisher of the review offering with the sneaky last minute edit is no longer eligible BTW. There are different stories as to why

Go ahead tell yourself its just a totally unrelated coincidence ?

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Well it’s not going to happen anymore, now that truth has come out. When DeSantis’s bill first came out this is exactly the kid of censorship and revisionism people said would happen and would have if not for the NYT and the people who leaked it to them. Better luck next time.

Oh, well if the King of Lies says so it must be true.

But what we do know for an objective fact is the claim in the title of this thread is not going happen.

So one more time. What are you complaining about?

That an edit stuffed into a review of minimal importance too late for the publisher to stop it means what? To the future of the curriculum I mean.

Nothing right?

So I'll even do it again. What are you complaining about then, really? Stuff you'd like to believe might happen while you call anybody who isn't on board with your fantasized future scenario of what you'd like to believe a conspiracy theorist? That's all I'm getting.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

But your past comments suggest that you think that teaching it IS projecting it on the youth.  Can you tell us what was wrong with the original Rosa Parks statement?

You misread my past comments. I said it's OK to talk about this stuff as long as teachers aren't trying to project that shit onto white kids. The day our kids come home thinking they are jerks because of how the teachers presented the material, is the day parents descend on schools and raise hell. 

I'm going to help you Beave, because you seem to be having trouble manufacturing strawmen that the facts support.

Here's the full paygated NYT article Rebound only wants to parcel out in chunks.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-scoured-math-textbooks-prohibited-121246612.html

Lots of fun little half-truths and conjecture for you to use as straw for your steadily growing little strawman army.

I'll still be wondering what you're actually complaining about though, when nothing you appeared to be concerned about in your title is actually going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh, well if the King of Lies says so it must be true.

But what we do know for an objective fact is the claim in the title of this thread is not going happen.

So one more time. What are you complaining about?

That an edit stuffed into a review of minimal importance too late for the publisher to stop it means what? To the future of the curriculum I mean.

Nothing right?

So I'll even do it again. What are you complaining about then, really? Stuff you'd like to believe might happen while you call anybody who isn't on board with your fantasized future scenario of what you'd like to believe a conspiracy theorist? That's all I'm getting.

LMAO Kinda sounds like: “It’s only ATTEMPTED Murder, so what are you complaining about?  It’s not like I got away with it (this time)!”

Or more similarly: “We only ATTEMPTED to steal the 2020 election but now it’s not going to happen so what are you complaining about?”

Its not a lie to report what your ilk tried but failed to accomplish because you’re simply a mob of incompetents  

Oh and tell me again about your completely made up claims about how the publisher was never named, the sleeper cell infiltrators, and the fake photoshopped edits and the publisher calling NYT story “abhorrent” instead  of the edits. That’s 4 lies. Reminds me of the Russel Peters punchline “You tell a pho phuk lai!”  

You are the QUEEN of lies.  

15 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You misread my past comments. I said it's OK to talk about this stuff as long as teachers aren't trying to project that shit onto white kids. The day our kids come home thinking they are jerks because of how the teachers presented the material, is the day parents descend on schools and raise hell. 

Where and when has that ever happened?  It’s made up.   You originally defended the edits. Are you now backpedaling?