Transgender Issues

1. Many, many years ago - centuries ago - I was a bureaucrat. A "person" asked me to do something. But the person claimed to be a woman when the person was a man, according to the documents submitted. As a dutiful bureaucrat, I explained that I had to refuse - the person was a man.

2. I realised then that a person is a person.

=====

The vast majority of people are not gay. And most people are right-handed.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

A person is a person

Person passes away and are described by their bones. They will be male or female.

On camera, during a theft. 

Likely will appear to be male or female. 

People can be whatever they feel that they are.

Where I draw the line, is having to play along with a charade, with someone not even wanting to go through the trouble of a sex change  demanding to be seen as the opposite sex, as they threw a wig and a skirt on. 

This used to be crossdressing. The far left now wants us to believe that this is no different than a biological woman.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not the far left, but people who believe in maximum personal freedom.

So, if I identify as a woman (am born male), haven't undergone gender reassignment surgery, am entitled to shower in the women's changing room, and this is maximum freedom? 

You're free to exist, but your rights aren't more important than the rights of biological women.

Maximum freedom is to me, is ones right to pursue such rights and the right of the opposition to push back, if the grievances being brought forth are factual and legitimate.

On 3/22/2023 at 5:48 AM, Perspektiv said:

People can be whatever they feel that they are.

Where I draw the line, is having to play along with a charade, with someone not even wanting to go through the trouble of a sex change  demanding to be seen as the opposite sex, as they threw a wig and a skirt on. 

This used to be crossdressing. The far left now wants us to believe that this is no different than a biological woman.

Disagree, Strongly.

Left-handed people do not "feel" left-handed. They are left-handed.

====

The question of changing sex - trans-sexual - is different. In rich countries, these operations are possible.

As I say, a person is a person.

Edited by August1991
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

⬆️ Trending via The Independent

World Athletics bans transgender women athletes from female competitions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/transgender-world-athletics-women-ban-b2306906.html

For many reasons, I disagree with the entire idea of the Olympics.

a) Why do national teams compete? Why not continental teams?

- Europe vs Asia

b) Weird rules of competitions

-Your dance appears better

=====

I prefer: Several people - born wherever, whatever their passport - pass a baton and bring it faster to the finish line. 

• Like 1

rich countries, these operations are possible.

Thailand isn't a rich country, but has some of the best doctors regarding gender affirming surgical procedures. They also have among one of the largest trans populations, globally.

Left-handed people do not "feel" left-handed. They are left-handed.

They also literally write with their left hand.

I should know. I am left handed. I can't identify as right handed, for the simple fact that I can't write with my right hand. No amount of surgery or therapy will change that.

Well, maybe if I practice hard enough.

The issue with the west, is for some reason, it's considered offensive to consider someone as transgendered to some. I really don't understand why. You are transgendered.

It is not the same. If it was, zero medication would be needed. Zero surgery. There wouldn't be a requirement to push for social acceptance. It just would be. Nobody challenges someone for being left handed, because they are. Its rather demonstrable.

Issue with this, is that as mentioned, gender is something personal. How they feel inside. You can't expect the world over to care about how one feels inside, hence the therapy.

Socially, sex is based on your physical appearance. I see what looks like a male, I will assume they are male. This today, can be considered transphobic, yet activists struggle at having a consistent argument as to why.

There aren't any genders? There are, but unlimited? 

Okay, so why did it take until the 90's to determine this?

Doctors in the past are incompetent, or just maybe the governing bodies that doctors work under were under immense pressure to soften their language to appease to the trans community?

Doctors looking at the genitalia of a newborn baby post delivery, and stating they are a girl or a boy, aren't inflicting social pressures or social anything onto the baby.

So to say a baby is assigned a gender at birth, is ridiculous.

Softening language doesn't modify reality. 

There will always be a divide on this, as people like me, will go to the grave knowing there are two genders, and an anomaly that occurs in less than 1% of the population.

Activists try to sell this incredibly vague image and keep things vague, as questioning things becomes more difficult without running the risk of being called transphobic.

Very few doctors will be willing to risk this, and be called conservative transphobes and lose clientele.

The way people are pushing back on these ridiculous ideologies, is politically. 

On 3/24/2023 at 6:09 AM, Perspektiv said:

'...

I should know. I am left handed. I can't identify as right handed, for the simple fact that I can't write with my right hand. No amount of surgery or therapy will change that.

This is what I mean. You are what you are.

You are not right-handed.

=====

Elton John can change his name - but he does not have a husband.

These two men are not married.

8 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Elton John can change his name - but he does not have a husband.

These two men are not married.

You say he isn't, but Elton John himself says he is.

Let's see... 

Elton John, August1991, hmmm... 

It's unanimous, I'm going with Elton John.

He's married, and so is his husband.  To each other, no less.

Edited by bcsapper

24 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It's unanimous, I'm going with Elton John.

He's married, and so is his husband.  To each other, no less.

Hmm.

How many kids born in Africa, China know of Elton John.

===

bcsapper,

I get your point. But you miss a broader point.  

Edited by August1991

21 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Hmm.

How many kids born in Africa, China know of Elton John.

===

bcsapper,

I get your point. But you miss a broader point.  

I think one of the Maids of Honour was African.

I can't imagine what the broader point is.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

You are what you are.

Its demonstrable. Its not just me being who I am.

I'm black. Demonstrable. Male. Demonstrable.

If I said I was a white woman, for some reason, the white part would make me crazy, but with your logic the woman portion is perfectly normal.

Lets just agree to disagree. I tend to like reality. I will respect anyone, but I don't play along in make believe.

The issue of transgenderism has become one of fanatics browbeating the masses into obeying their absurd demands. It just seems easier for everyone to go along with a shrill, often violent group that will inundate those who express doubts with death threats and, if female, rape threats. Transgender supporters have become like religious fanatics, and reality does not intrude into the lives of such people.

Most of us are pretty tolerant, so when presented with the problem of gender dysphoria most agreed such people ought to be respected. Okay, that's fine, but the fanatics insisted on more.

Don't believe male-bodied individuals, including convicted rapists should be sent to women's prison? You're transphobic.

Don't believe male-bodied individuals should be able to pummel females in sports? You're evil.

Don't accept the idea that anyone can change their gender overnight? You deserve to die.

The comments made by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling on this issue have always been respectful, thoughtful and understanding. But for opposing the fanatics she's a heretic, bombarded with hate mail, death threats, rape threats, and attempts to ban her books, her movies, her games, and to attack and drown her out everywhere she goes.

For those even more blunt, well, the fury of the mob resembles screeching masses attacking accused witches in another era. If they can destroy such people, they do so. Rob them of their careers, force them out of schools, attack anyone who dares to support their right to free speech. No speech, no doubts, no questions are permitted. Only enthusiastic support is accepted. Or else.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:11 PM, Perspektiv said:

Its demonstrable. Its not just me being who I am.

I'm black. Demonstrable. Male. Demonstrable.

If I said I was a white woman, for some reason, the white part would make me crazy, but with your logic the woman portion is perfectly normal.

Lets just agree to disagree. I tend to like reality. I will respect anyone, but I don't play along in make believe.

Perspekiv,

You're black? How black?

=====

A person is what a person is.

11 minutes ago, August1991 said:

You're black? How black?

Mars bar dark. Milk chocolate, essentially. 

Looking at me, most can guess am Caribbean blooded. Some have guessed Nigeria. 

Most guess Jamaica, but am Haitian.

Nobody has labeled me as Chinese or Mexican, so looks like my skin color is demonstrable as I said.