Should women get equal rights?

Eli45

I think your question would be better if you related it to hourly wages. 

With regards to rights, women and men are human, and can't be seen by any other thing since we are discussing human rights.

Right to equal wages is a whole other ballgame as am all for you should get paid based on your qualifications. 

If a female isn't as competent a bricklayer as a man, she should get paid less money. 

You being female and pushing for equality is a horrible argument if you can't do the same job. 

1 hour ago, Eli45 said:

Most of the armed soldier are men, women stay home while they fight for us. Cops and firemen too risk their lives. Should the soldiers and these types get more rights than women?

Soldiers, cops, firemen have less rights than ordinary citizens, for good reasons. And women have the right to serve in any branch of the military or any job they can qualify for. They have adjusted standards so there could be equality of opportunity.

21 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Right to equal wages is a whole other ballgame as am all for you should get paid based on your qualifications. 

This is the way it should be, The best qualified, most experience should get the job... but it is not how it is done  unfortunately filling the diversity flow chart is now the name of the game...everything must be balanced...so the optics look like we practice fair and equitable employment for all. 

2 hours ago, Eli45 said:

Men usually are the breadwinners and do all the work. Should they really be equal to men? I'm just asking questions.

What about women who hold down full time jobs and do most of the work at home? 

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/12/former-raf-ace-told-to-be-more-feminine-says-women-equals-under-fire-16077867/

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

everything must be balanced

Except skill and competence.

If I get a deer in headlights look when I ask a cashier at a grocery store if they can separate my raw chicken, from my head of lettuce, this is what I think of when I think of that "equality" push. Sadly though, this has infiltrated into our governments.

That's like when I would play hockey with a toddler, and let them score. We literally have built an entire society of grown toddlers, who genuinely think they made it, vs socially having the bar lowered low enough that you can just walk over it, to make gender and race quotas to provide an image of being diverse. Heck, you can slide, since its flush with the bottom.

I hate when people precede my race, for how far I've come in my life. My race has nothing to do it, nor should your gender. Your blood sweat and tears. Your determination, relentlessness, should precede your success.

Your, forget your door and your locks, I'm done with knocking, I'm going to drill out the locks kick it open, and take it off the hinges, attitude.

1 hour ago, Eli45 said:

How can a woman get the same rights if she doesn't work and doesn't have any kids to take care of while the man is doing construction all day?

I guess it depends on the woman. My wife is a boss. It may be cultural.

She was taught business from a young age, survival. Standing for something, and humility but understanding how hard life is, so she doesn't look at competition as obstacles, she see's it like I do, like fish food.

She walked into men dominated environments, and was treated as the dumb pretty girl, and she showcased her high intelligence and competence and forced you to respect her. You didn't give it to her, then she body slammed your ego and took your soul along with it.

I make more income than her, but she owns a business, owns more assets than I do, and is self-made.

Her gender has nothing to do with it. I respect her hustle, as she respects mine.

• Like 1

Obviously the working women deserve the rights. If a man is the only one working and t he wife is just at home, does she deserve equal rights? I'm saying she's just a housewife, no kids etc. And what if a man does construction and the woman just does data entry, the man works harder. Don't men work harder? You cant compare construction to a secretary can you? Who works harder or has harder work?

This thread illustrates to me a truth I've realized a long time ago - men (in general) place little VALUE on the work women do.  Until they stop doing it, of course.

One of the least paid jobs is that of PCWs - Personal Care Workers.  They look after the elderly at nursing homes.  It's mostly women who do this type of work.

It's low paid, low respect - which is a shame in a society.

Men generally have no respect for this type of work, as shown by Eli's comments - it wouldn't be considered a valued  "work" by him.

Yet how many men would want to be shunted off to a nursing home in their golden years, ignored with no mental or emotional stimulation, no working with dexterity and physio, and left sitting in a wheelchair or laying in a bed wearing dirty diapers every day.

Anyone can swing a hammer.  Not everyone has the patience and compassion to care for our seniors, who deserve the best of our care.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Eli45 said:

does she deserve equal rights?

Equal rights to what?

This is incredibly vague. Like right to vote? Pension? Or are you talking about respect? Does she deserve equal respect?

Like what rights are you eluding to?

1 hour ago, Eli45 said:

You cant compare construction to a secretary can you? Who works harder or has harder work?

Sure you can. Say you have a paralegal. An accountant. 

A dispatcher, that is female. How is she less valuable to the company? 

Good for you, you have tons of projects. What if your project manager is female? 

Sure, she should get paid based on what she contributes, but am confused as to how it affects her rights.

A business owner looking at any position within their business as highly useless, is coming in with a poor mentality. 

Your employees are all assets. All contribute. I hire an administrator, she likely will be better than me at scheduling. At multitasking. At swiftly coordinating between departments. My carpenter, will likely be better at me at framing. At using a router and power tools. 

How is one asset worthless? Why would you invest on something worthless for your business? 

A laborer does the same repetitive task, so actually gets paid less not because they are useless, but because less skill is required to perform their job.

Isn't that more of a you issue than a she issue?

2 hours ago, Eli45 said:

Obviously the working women deserve the rights. If a man is the only one working and t he wife is just at home, does she deserve equal rights? I'm saying she's just a housewife, no kids etc. And what if a man does construction and the woman just does data entry, the man works harder. Don't men work harder? You cant compare construction to a secretary can you? Who works harder or has harder work?

"Just a housewife". You really have no clue. You can't compare construction to a secretary, they are different jobs requiring different skills. Someone who looks after your books who doesn't know what they are doing can bankrupt you quicker than  a poor construction worker.

asfdObviously the working women deserve the rights. If a man is the only one working and t he wife is just at home, does she deserve equal rights? I'm saying she's just a housewife, no kids etc. And what if a man does construction and the woman just does data entry, the man works harder. Don't men work harder? You cant compare construction to a secretary can you? Who works harder or has harder work?

Skills don't matter when construction is harder to do.

24 minutes ago, Eli45 said:

asfdObviously the working women deserve the rights. If a man is the only one working and t he wife is just at home, does she deserve equal rights? I'm saying she's just a housewife, no kids etc. And what if a man does construction and the woman just does data entry, the man works harder. Don't men work harder? You cant compare construction to a secretary can you? Who works harder or has harder work?

Skills don't matter when construction is harder to do.

What is your problem with people having rights?

What rights would you restrict based on your own personal opinion of what people do?

Edited by Aristides

I just think a hard working construction man, yes man, b/c most women don't do that kind of work. If they can't do what a man does then they're not equal are they? Now I'm a man myself and I couldn't or at least wouldn't do construction b/c I'm too good for that, plus the TX heat. So I wouldn't take away anyone's rights but who deserves the rights more? Are men and women really equal when they can't do construction? Also going down on a female is alot harder then them going down on us so that's that.

16 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Except skill and competence.

That's like when I would play hockey with a toddler, and let them score. We literally have built an entire society of grown toddlers, who genuinely think they made it, vs socially having the bar lowered low enough that you can just walk over it, to make gender and race quotas to provide an image of being diverse. Heck, you can slide, since its flush with the bottom.

I hate when people precede my race, for how far I've come in my life. My race has nothing to do it, nor should your gender. Your blood sweat and tears. Your determination, relentlessness, should precede your success.

Your, forget your door and your locks, I'm done with knocking, I'm going to drill out the locks kick it open, and take it off the hinges, attitude.

I 100 % agree. But skill and competence are not the primary reason people are moving up todays work place ladders, if you work in a company or organization that places higher value on Keeping the flow chart Balanced, like the public service or other forms of government employment, then you will have to wait for a position to open up that matches your race, gender, religion. 

If you work in the above employment areas, then yes, today your race, gender, religion, are major factors to climbing the ladder... and yes your sweet, blood and tears are going to contribute in most employment areas, Some times in the military I've seen that work against people, nobody wants to lose a very productive member of the team, through promotion, so they go out of there way to delay that from happening as long as possible. But today the public work place is a mess when it comes to getting recognized for skill and competence. 

Edited by Army Guy

5 hours ago, Eli45 said:

A persons rights are not tiedto their employment in this country.

What specific rights are you talking about, that you feel should be witheld from women?

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

This thread illustrates to me a truth I've realized a long time ago - men (in general) place little VALUE on the work women do.  Until they stop doing it, of course.

Not any of the men I know. Do not let a few loud-mouthed primitives around here paint the picture for all Canadian men.

- In my house you'd better damn well appreciate it. Or ain't gettin nuthin no more. ;)

"The pussey-whipped Candian speaks"

;)