Supreme Court imposes cruelty on families

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This would be by lawful authorities or government, not vigilantes.

Oh so the Almighty that created the world in six days already knew that every government executing would do so lawfully and wisely (including North Korean, Iranian, Russian etc). Sorry, digressing. Let's hear the arguments, why shouldn't we?

36 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm not sure what you are asking.  Yes, according to the Bible human life is sacred.  But according to the Bible in Genesis 9:6 KJV, murderers were to be executed.  This would be by lawful authorities or government, not vigilantes.

So you are  saying all laws are moral. 

48 minutes ago, myata said:

Oh so the Almighty that created the world in six days already knew that every government executing would do so lawfully and wisely (including North Korean, Iranian, Russian etc). Sorry, digressing. Let's hear the arguments, why shouldn't we?

No, I don't think God knew every country would be acting lawfully and wisely.  Don't forget the world is a fallen, corrupt place since the fall of Adam and Eve.  The fact that the Bible says the world was created in six days is a supernatural event.  The Bible is about the supernatural.  That is how God created everything.  I understand lots of people don't accept that but I am not sure how they explain the existence of the complex universe.  What do you think?

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, I am not saying that.  There are immoral laws because governments are made up of fallible, immoral men of varying degrees.  We are living in an imperfect, fallen world.

You are saying putting people to death is OK as long as it is sanctioned by law.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are saying putting people to death is OK as long as it is sanctioned by law.

I did not say that.  We do not have capital punishment in Canada.  I said capital punishment for murder after due process and by lawful authorities would be a good idea.  Most Canadians support that idea.  The law would have to be changed first.

Attacks on innocent citizens is out of control and occurring daily.  Just heard this morning that several more people were stabbed.  This is not something that we should tolerate.

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I did not say that.  We do not have capital punishment in Canada.  I said capital punishment for murder after due process and by lawful authorities would be a good idea.  Most Canadians support that idea.  The law would have to be changed first.

Ya, you did.

Edited by Aristides

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Random attacks against citizens is getting worse I think.  Something needs to be done.  Would you oppose capital punishment for murder?

I oppose legalized killing. Canada hasn't executed anyone since 1962, there is no need to start doing it again.

Ya, you did.

Actually I said I support the death penalty for murder and it must be done by lawful authorities after a proper trial and ensure there would be no mistake.  I also said the justice system should be strengthened to make sure there would be no incorrect guilty verdicts.

Just now, blackbird said:

Actually I said I support the death penalty for murder and it must be done by lawful authorities after a proper trial and ensure there would be no mistake.  I also said the justice system should be strengthened to make sure there would be no incorrect guilty verdicts.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/03/01/list-of-10-high-profile-wrongful-murder-convictions-in-canada/

All convicted after "proper trials". You would have put them all to death.

Why would you oppose it for murder?   Do you also oppose abortion and medical assistance in dying?  Or do you just oppose capital punishment for murderers?

I'll say it one more time, putting someone to death is not the same as giving them control over their own lives and bodies. You can't seem to grasp that.

Just now, Aristides said:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/03/01/list-of-10-high-profile-wrongful-murder-convictions-in-canada/

All convicted after "proper trials". You would have put them all to death.

As I already said, the justice system could be improved and more safeguards put in place to avoid wrongful convictions.  

People die in operating rooms and hospitals sometimes receiving medical treatments.  We don't ban medical care.

People die on highways.  We don't ban liquor from being sold and liquor stores.  We don't ban driving.  We allow people who speed and drive aggressively to drive and innocent people get killed.  What about that?   

So why not improve the justice system to make wrongful convictions very unlikely and have capital punishment.  Do you think murderers don't deserve to die by capital punishment?

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

I'll say it one more time, putting someone to death is not the same as giving them control over their own lives and bodies. You can't seem to grasp that.

So you are ok with people killing unborn babies and receiving doctor assisted suicide, but don't think murderers should be given capital punishment.   You don't see the fallacy or contradiction in your thinking?

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

putting someone to death is not the same as giving them control over their own lives and bodies. You can't seem to grasp that.

Is a baby in the womb a separate life?  Why should someone have the right to end a baby's life?  How does that even fall under control over a woman's own body?  Isn't a baby a separate person?

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Didn't see where in the bible Jesus mentions anything about a Pharoah. Pharoah appears in the old testament to Moses.

Obviously you're a complete and utter Philistine.

I'm told jesus and god are related :) it's literally like the Godfather, it's a family business!

Oh and yes, we should wipe out the philistines too.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

putting someone to death is not the same as giving them control over their own lives and bodies.

What gives you the right to end an unborn baby's life?

If you were a doctor, what gives you the right to end someone's life?

If you were a patient, what gives you the right to actively end your own life?   In other words, is suicide moral?  Is it right or wrong to commit suicide?

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

As I already said, the justice system could be improved and more safeguards put in place to avoid wrongful convictions. 

And has already been pointed out, no it can't.  And when improvements that CAN be done to LIMIT mistakes are suggested you freak out at the cost and the time delays.

Yet you keep repeating this as if it were true.  SO much for 'god's wisdom'.

Is a baby in the womb a separate life?  Why should someone have the right to end a baby's life?  How does that even fall under control over a woman's own body?  Isn't a baby a separate person?

At what point is a baby a separate person, are you one of those who puts a fertilized egg on the same level as a fully functioning adult? How do you reconcile forcing a woman to carry a fetus without regard for her or the future child's safety and sanity, with intentionally putting a person to death?

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

And has already been pointed out, no it can't.  And when improvements that CAN be done to LIMIT mistakes are suggested you freak out at the cost and the time delays.

Yet you keep repeating this as if it were true.  SO much for 'god's wisdom'.

Already explained all that at length.  I didn't mean to offend you by talking about the Bible and what it says.  You forbid me to talk about my beliefs.  So that's where we are.

What gives you the right to end an unborn baby's life?

Of course you require the obvious stated to you.

It is in question as to when a fetus becomes a human being. Prior to it being a human being there is no 'baby' to "kill".  So with no real compelling evidence it becomes a moral issue.  And what i'm saying is the moral issue should be left to the mother or at least the parents. Not "me".  Or you per se.

If you were a doctor, what gives you the right to end someone's life?

The law.  or it doesn't and i can't.

If you were a patient, what gives you the right to actively end your own life? 

Ownership. If i own nothing else in this world i own my own life.

In other words, is suicide moral?  Is it right or wrong to commit suicide?

The question is - is it moral to make that decision for other people?

Now the way you've explained your brain thinking i'd guess you'd say "well it's in the bible", take some verse out of context and demand that we force everyone to convert to your religion because their beliefs are wrong otherwise.

But - history doesn't look fondly on such things as the spanish inquisition. So i question how moral your views are or if you're actually able to speak to morality effectively considering .

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

At what point is a baby a separate person, are you one of those who puts a fertilized egg on the same level as a fully functioning adult? How do you reconcile forcing a woman to carry a fetus without regard for her or the future child's safety and sanity, with intentionally putting a person to death?

There is a difference between an unborn baby and a properly convicted murderer who is sentenced to death.

If you can't see the difference, you have a problem.

A human whether it is a unborn baby or a 1 year old baby is still a human.  Whether it is one week, one month or six months old in the womb, it is still the same human being.  There is a physical difference but he is still a person according to the Bible.  You can't make up your definition of when a human is a person.  

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I am sorry you took it that way.  I apologize if I came across as arrogant.  Actually you are blaming me for my God being the only true God,

LOL - you appologize for being arrogant and then go on to be unbelievably arrogant.

YOU BELIEVE that god is the one true god. And that's fine. But you DEMAND others accept that as truth. That is not fine.

Even god didn't force people to believe in him. Apperently you know better. And it would seem you aren't the slightest bit sorry for your arrogance or rudeness.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Of course you require the obvious stated to you.

It is in question as to when a fetus becomes a human being. Prior to it being a human being there is no 'baby' to "kill".  So with no real compelling evidence it becomes a moral issue.  And what i'm saying is the moral issue should be left to the mother or at least the parents. Not "me".  Or you per se.

The law.  or it doesn't and i can't.

Ownership. If i own nothing else in this world i own my own life.

The question is - is it moral to make that decision for other people?

Now the way you've explained your brain thinking i'd guess you'd say "well it's in the bible", take some verse out of context and demand that we force everyone to convert to your religion because their beliefs are wrong otherwise.

But - history doesn't look fondly on such things as the spanish inquisition. So i question how moral your views are or if you're actually able to speak to morality effectively considering .

Look, I go by what the Bible says.  If you are going to reply to me, then you should be willing to accept my views are based on what I believe God is saying in the Bible.  

You go by secular humanist thinking, which is contrary to what God says in the Bible.  Human life begins in the womb at conception.   God recognizes the unborn as persons in the Bible in different verses.  Nobody has the right to end the life of unborn babies.