DeSantis on Ukraine

9 minutes ago, Mako said:

Russia didn’t invade the Baltic nations when they applied to NATO, but Russians were not happy. Russian leaders feel they have to draw the line somewhere and Ukraine is where many want to draw the line. 

If a Ukraine outside of NATO will bring peace let’s give it a try. Even talk about NATO membership for Ukraine obviously has helped produce the current disaster.

You should recognize that the CCP is the primary danger to the U.S. Xi Jin Ping is delighted to see NATO and Russia at each other’s throats.

Ukraine as it was, not what is left after Putin chops it up. Ukraine will not negotiate as long as there are Russian troops on Ukrainian soil. That should be obvious by now.

Please note that Russia didn't start their aggression (first with the annexation of Crimea) when Ukraine applied to NATO. 

Russia started its aggression in 2014 when Putin Puppet, Viktor Yanukovych, was deposed by the people of Ukraine. 

Putin invaded because he no longer held political influence in Ukraine. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Sounds like a territory dispute to me.

It has ONLY DEVOLVED into a territory dispute because Putin FAILED to take Kiev.

Once he succeeds in Donbas, he will save his pennies and come back for Kiev.

Of course taking Ukraine's vast gas reserves off the Southern coast will accelerate that finish of Ukraine as a nation.

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Wow, not every dictator is Hitler. Let’s give the Hitler analogy a rest, it’s exhausted.

Putin is the most like Hitler since Hitler. He is waging SCORCHED EARTH war on Ukrainian CIVILIANS.

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Putin’s aims might be limited. Reasonable Russians have concerns about NATO expansion and Russian minorities within Ukraine. Give peace a chance.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-invasion-end-ukraine-war-four-conditions-1685492

Yeah, "limited" to STEALING Ukrainian gas reserves.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

It never would have happened if LYING JOE hadn't stolen the presidency. Putin NEVER would have had the balls to pull the stunts he's pulling now.

DeSantis is entirely correct. He is not lying

Because Trump would have GIVEN Putin Ukraine by trading it for a Moscow tower deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

It matters in knowing how his objectives would lead to conflict the moment he lost control of the state.

Ukraine never "belonged" to Putin even by that twisted logic. It's been an independent, state, member of the UN for three decades. There's no more justification for Putin's barbarous war than for Hitler's. Why would anyone be looking to apologize and justify actions of a violent, brutal and murderous thug?

11 hours ago, myata said:

DeSantis, CarlsonBurned, annihilated to dust cities; bombed hospitals, schools and maternity wards.

Hundreds, probably thousands of documented war crimes...

Azovs at it again?

only a "territorial dispute".

It's more than that, it's partly resistance to NATO incursion but he can't say that. 

"Territorial dispute", really? This is what you call a brutal invasion by a power-hungry dictator; not a bit better than that of Hitler in the past war? "Territorial dispute between Germany and Poland, 1940?"? "Should not have provoked Hitler?"

Why was Biden in Ukraine making off with bags of loot like any good oligarch?

Now his Ukrainian cronies are raking in American taxpayer cash. 

A decision to participate in other people's war is an important one; it should not be taken lightly; objectivity and honesty; remembering the lessons of the past and the principles is an important part of it too.

It's Biden's war. NATO's war.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Am not apologizing for his behavior. My point is that this conflict could have ended early, or been avoided.

Yes, by surrender.  This is the glory that President Trump would bring: this is his "peace plan" - appeasement.  

We will have perpetual peace if we forever allow aggressors to roll over borders unopposed.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We will have perpetual peace if we forever allow aggressors to roll over borders unopposed.

So what's your end game? 

Allow Russia to raze 20 to 30% of the country and kill half a million people? 

What's your solution to this? 

Of course, one must fight back, but at what point do you cut your losses and negotiate peace? 

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. So what's your end game? 

2. Allow Russia to raze 20 to 30% of the country and kill half a million people? What's your solution to this? 

3. Of course, one must fight back, but at what point do you cut your losses and negotiate peace? 

1. Stability and respect for borders ? 
2. If Ukraine wants to fight an aggressor then support them.  We would do more if they were in NATO.
3. They seem to be digging in to say they will make Russia pay the maximum price for this incursion.

35 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Stability and respect for borders ?

I want the same, but we have bullies in this world which couldn't care less, and will land grab by inserting puppet regimes, or via lethal force. The US is no different. 

How do you see this ending, was the question? 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

If Ukraine wants to fight an aggressor then support them.

What if Putin calculated he could afford to lose people and money into 2025? Being up against someone with a high appetite for human casualty.

At a certain level of loss, negotiations will be for the entire country or bust, VS a portion of it. 

There is no end game, basically. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

They seem to be digging in to say they will make Russia pay the maximum price for this incursion

That's like a boxer using his face to tire out his opponent. It's an insanely incomprehensible tactic, considering the Ukrainian losses are far heavier. 

You think Putin could care less if he lost 400k prisoners? 

In Ukraine, their losses are just as heavy, but are of trained military and innocent civilians. 

36 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. I want the same, but we have bullies in this world which couldn't care less, and will land grab by inserting puppet regimes, or via lethal force. The US is no different. 

2. How do you see this ending, was the question? 

1. Well then we can do something, as long as we agree that Russia is wrong.
2. Russia ceasing fire and stalemate with land divisions where it all started ?

10 hours ago, Boges said:

But only the USA when a Dem is in office amiright? 

Will PP try to remove Canada from NATO if he's elected? 

It certainly seems that way. I'm not here to teach you people history. Everyone can just go read what happened.

I suggest starting at least as far back as Feb 2014.

As for NATO, my favourite memory is when Don Trump whipped the rest of NATO asses, forcing deadbeats to pony up for what they originally signed onto. Deadbeat countries like Canada. In doing so he gave NATO a huge financial boost. And was praised by Jens Stolltenberg.

I might have that name wrong. I'm not here to teach you people history.

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Well, if you want to be childish, fill your boots.

Childish? I have a valid point to make and have a right to be heard. Just because I don't say it the way you like

You seem to want to distract from me making the point that the USA and NATO provoked the Ukrainian situation into a crisis. I find that highly suspicious.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Childish? I have a valid point to make and have a right to be heard. Just because I don't say it the way you like

You seem to want to distract from me making the point that the USA and NATO provoked the Ukrainian situation into a crisis. I find that highly suspicious.

The FACT is, Yanukovych was a Putin puppet who unleashed his Berkut secret police to kill peaceful protesters in  Maidan.

The West offering ALTERNATIVES to Putin's boot may seem like a provocation to Putin puppets, but in reality it is a logical choice from them to make.