Canadian Catholic student arrested for saying men are different from women.

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. Does this happen ?  Do dictatorships get professional associations to make up standards to enforce their dictatorships ?  I feel like we're out on a limb here.

Not to veer off topic but it was an interesting question - it ABSOLUTELY happens. We saw it with the soviets regarding gays, we saw it with the chinese regarding a number of things, certainly the nazis, we even see examples of it back to the romans and certainly the catholic church was guilty of it.

It's very very useful to the tyrant. If people are uneasy about gays and you want to appeal to the people just announce that professionals (who's familes are currently 'inspecting' your jails under the castle :) ) have agreed that homosexuals are dangerous deviants and it's a mental sickness and such people are a danger to society and must be locked up for everyone's safety. I mean  if a guy would allow another guy to put his hoo-hah up his tush, then who's to say he's not crazy enough to murder your family and everyone you care about?

Sound familiar? (I'm looking at you Mr Hoover)

Hell they had a 'standard' for determining if someone was a witch. Seriously - there were manuals and everything. The 'experts' of the day would investigate and apply the standards and there you go, definitely a witch by professional standards - hopefully she doesn't turn you into a newt.

So it's definitely a thing

One last note -

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I have to put up with Poilievre hyperbole ... saying that Trudeau is a traitor etc.  Trudeau saying that the Convoy was a fringe minority.

There is a HUGE difference - MASSIVE difference - between two federal leaders critisizing each other and the head of the federal gov't attack large hunks of the citizens he is supposed to be serving. It's a massive thing. And while Pierre has never actually called trudeau a traitor, trudeau HAS claimed the truckers were a fringe minority AND claimed the vax hesitant are bigots and wastes of space that should not be tolerated.

What politicians say MATTERS. It does. Sorry for the inconvenience.

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry... disloyal to the country to be more precise, ie acting against the interests of Canada

That's pretty radically different and is a perfectly valid statement from the leader of the opposition given the circumstances. That's kind of his job.

It's noteworthy that in comparing PP and Justin you used real quotes from justin but had to fabricate quotes from PP to make your point. And even in your 'correction' you have to throw in words that were never said - he didn't call him disloyal or use that word at all. He said he is not acting in the interests of Canada. You can't even just say that without embellishing because the truth just doesn't sound all that unreasonable.

If the simple truth doesn't work for you - then it's time to reconsider your position.

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think that the accusation is synonymous with disloyalty.

It isn't. It's similar but it's not.  Sure you could say that YOU think that his actions rise to that level. But that's not what PP said.

It's the same difference as saying someone said something untrue and someone lied.  Lie implies that you DELIBERATELY intended to deceive. Rather than you were just wrong for some ohter reason.  Likewise - disloyal suggests deliberately and knowingly harming canada for ulterior reasons, usually selfish.  Rather than just doing something that's harmful to canada due to incompetence or ambivalence, or something else.  It doesn't try to determine motive, just action.

IF it was the same thing you wouldn't have had to change the word. Which means you know it wasn't the same thing.

If you have to resort to dishonesty or trickery to make your point.....  is it a good point in the first place?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I disagree.

Well you're wrong. this isn't an 'opinion' thing. the words do not mean the same thing.

Saying "i disagree" is  just saying " i don't like that i' m wrong and will pretend otherwise".

I explained it in detail, a few look ups on the dictionary should confirm for you, there is a huge difference in that one implies intent and one does not, and that's just fact.

Of course - as  a liberal supporter you may not choose to recongnize facts as being relevant to a discussion :) (Snicker!)

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Furthermore, Trudeau did the same thing, using inexact language to leverage the ambiguity.

Who needs 'em..

THis is exact language. In fact its very precise - it expressly says he's doing something that hurts canada without adding any meaning he doesn't intend.

But yes, trudeau (both of them) are famous for giving obscure answers to questions and making obscure statements. Not really relevant here tho

Weird how in a school, a place where kids are supposed to learn about the real world, citing basic facts like "men are different from women" is forbidden. 

How many women are in the NHL? NBA? NFL? CFL? MLB? MLS soccer? Euro soccer in the premier leagues or lower? 

There are at least 200M women in their prime playing those sports all over the world and not one is a threat to contribute - even at the minor league level, but we have to chant "Women are the same!" or there's something wrong lol. 

Now a kid is being forced to change schools as a result. This is just a sad proof of the fact that leftardism has gone too far. 

Compare those 200M women to the nation of Croatia, with a grand total of 4 million men and women between 0-100, which was able to field a soccer team that made it to the WCF in 2018, Euro Championship final, and WC quarter final in 2022. Would the best women's team, made with the elite female players from every country in the world, make it to the MLS quarter final once in 50 years?

The field of mathematics simply can't make room for the theory that "men and women are the same". It's not within ten deviations from the mean. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Weird how in a school, a place where kids are supposed to learn about the real world, citing basic facts like "men are different from women" is forbidden. 

How many women are in the NHL? NBA? NFL? CFL? MLB? MLS soccer? Euro soccer in the premier leagues or lower? 

There are at least 200M women in their prime playing those sports all over the world and not one is a threat to contribute at the minor league level, but we have to chant "Women are the same!" or there's something wrong lol. 

Now a kid is being forced to change schools as a result. This is just a sad proof of the fact that leftardism has gone too far. 

^  “It’s a shame that Ossama bin Laden was murdered in his home just for eating some felafel”

”It’s a shame that Harvey Weinstein was arrested just for making Hollywood movies”

””It’s a shame that Jeffrey Epstein went to jail just for visiting a tropical island”

To quote Seinfeld, “you yadda-yadda’d the most important part”. Lies by omission are still lies you know. 

4 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

^  “It’s a shame that Ossama bin Laden was murdered in his home just for eating some felafel”

”It’s a shame that Harvey Weinstein was arrested just for making Hollywood movies”

””It’s a shame that Jeffrey Epstein went to jail just for visiting a tropical island”

1) TBH, that's exactly how leftists form their narratives around every story. 

"M Brown was a gentle giant - if you're a decent person you'll peacefully burn and loot your way across the country in honour of MB!"

"Trump referred to immigrants as animals!"

"Cuomo's biggest flaw is that he grabbed some butts."

"Trump is a rapist, Clinton and his wife are feminists."

"Jan 6th is only comparable to Jan 6th, Pearl Harbour, the plague, the holocaust, Nagasaki, Naziism in Germany, and the meteor that killed the dinosaurs!"

2) A child was gaslighted by teachers, he said something completely true, and he got kicked out of his school. If he got mad it's understandable.

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) TBH, that's exactly how leftists form their narratives around every story. 

"M Brown was a gentle giant - if you're a decent person you'll peacefully burn and loot your way across the country in honour of MB!"

"Trump referred to immigrants as animals!"

"Cuomo's biggest flaw is that he grabbed some butts."

"Trump is a rapist, Clinton and his wife are feminists."

"Jan 6th is only comparable to Jan 6th, Pearl Harbour, the plague, the holocaust, Nagasaki, Naziism in Germany, and the meteor that killed the dinosaurs!"

2) A child was gaslighted by teachers, he said something completely true, and he got kicked out of his school. If he got mad it's understandable.

You’re still lying by omission here buddy 

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes men are different with women. Women are more intelligent with bigger hearts with much lower crime rates. If women rule the world there will be no more wars.

That's not even true though.

You might say "on average", but unlike the sports example, where 0/200,000,000 women can make the 3rd division in a man's sport, millions out of 200,000,000 men would crack the top 20% of "kindest, and least prone to crime."

Just keep it real C2015. It is what it is. 

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well the policy was set based on the Charter and the challenge is rights based so.... Anyway can we move on from this point or are you going to continue to repeat it ?

I don't accept the Charter as any kind of guide to the reality of human rights as its interpretation is too open to manipulation. But if it bothers you we can move on.

2. Calling someone a "cow" ... where does it come from to insult someone that you don't know so deeply ?  If you're not deeply offended then what is it ?  If your feelings aren't hurt then .... why ?

She is representative of an attitude popular among the fashionably dumb (including much of our academia) that challenges the legitimacy of every part of Western society and all that we derive from it, including our belief in fundamental justice, those freedoms you spoke of, scientific rationality, and democratic politics. At heart, I detest dumb people who are dumb not because of a lack of intellect but ideological blindness and fanaticism. As a nationalist, I of course, also have contempt for those who, blinded by their ideological views, suggest that almost everyone in the country is not a legitimate citizen of this nation - one they also contest the legitimacy of.

In short, I've always been a judgemental bastard and I judge her as a waste of skin tissue.

3. Does this happen ? 

What you are missing is the requirement for rigid ideological conformity which is enforced in dictatorships by the state and state associations (like phony unions in Russia and phony churches in China), and in Canada by ideological zealots in a variety of organizations with state power, like the law societies, medical associations, teacher associations and unions, or in this case, by a school board. It is the ideological requirement to never question doctrine that I am speaking of. And it's particularly appalling in education given academics pioneered the idea of tenure, supposedly to allow for free thought and the ability to challenge prevailing thinking.

5. I have to put up with Poilievre hyperbole ... saying that Trudeau is a traitor etc.  Trudeau saying that the Convoy was a fringe minority... Listen - don't put too much stock in what politicians say.

Putting up with what others say isn't the point. You can call Poilievre names if you want and argue against the convoy. But if your social views don't match that of the social justice types who are currently in charge of most institutions you'll lose your job if you express them. Or, as in this place, be banished from school, and, in effect, forced into solitary confinement. Isn't it interesting that we've said solitary is a bad place to put murderers but it's fine to put a sixteen year old student who dared to question doctrine. Because questioning doctrine is 'dangerous'.

6. Yeah, I think maybe psychology and medical do this kind of thing.  They want to prevent their members from doing things like endorsing "conversion therapy", quackery and so on...

They want to enforce commitment to views on things like transgenderism which were considered ridiculous, unprofessional and outrageous less than a decade ago.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:16 PM, Americana Antifa said:

First, Peterson was wrong about the bill. It didn't say it's illegal to misgender people. It said that you can't legally discriminate against people based on gender identity, the same way you can't discriminate based on race, sex, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and age. 

Our society discriminates against people based on these things all the time. In particular, our society and every level of government discriminate between males and females due to the obvious biological and anatomical differences between them. As it should.

Pretending some guy who says he's now a girl is a woman, based on a weird new interpretation of that word does not in any way, shape or form invalidate the simple biology that they are not female. Or that females are weaker than males or subject to victimization both due to that weakness and to male biological imperatives and instincts regarding breeding.

This is what trans supporters keep ignoring or dismissing.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:16 PM, Americana Antifa said:

However, Peterson regularly promotes the Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory, which is a Nazi theory.

Bullshit. The Left need to stop flinging that word around for everything they don't like.

2 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. Putting up with what others say isn't the point.

2. But if your social views don't match that of the social justice types who are currently in charge of most institutions you'll lose your job if you express them.

Or, as in this place, be banished from school, 

3. They want to enforce commitment to views on things like transgenderism which were considered ridiculous, unprofessional and outrageous less than a decade ago.

1. I don't detest or hate them, except in extreme cases.

2. You can do, yes.  It's due to the context of said social views.  Another student could make validated statements about the student in this case, backed up by religious teachings and similarly be suspended.  It's context.

3. Yes gay marriage too.  Tomorrow who's going to fuss.  Certainly gay marriage doesn't seem to raise an eyebrow anymore.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

That's not even true though.

You might say "on average", but unlike the sports example, where 0/200,000,000 women can make the 3rd division in a man's sport, millions out of 200,000,000 men would crack the top 20% of "kindest, and least prone to crime."

Just keep it real C2015. It is what it is. 

It goes without saying that I meant on average rather than every single woman is more intelligent and kinder and less violent than every single man.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It goes without saying that I meant on average rather than every single woman is more intelligent and kinder and less violent than every single man.

True, buy my example wasn't just 'on average'. It's a case of them being 0-fer-200,000,000. Mathematics doesn't have any examples of going 0/200M in things that are 'the same'. If every atom in the universe was a coin and you flipped them all at the same time, a billion times a day, you'd never get 200M heads or tails in a row if you did it for a billion years. 

If there was even one woman who played a minor role in an elite league, or an average role in a minor league team that would be something, but Manon Rheaume is about the closest they've come, and she wasn't even an avg minor leaguer. She was just a gimmick at best.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4537

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes men are different with women. Women are more intelligent with bigger hearts with much lower crime rates. If women rule the world there will be no more wars.

But which soldiers will guarantee the peace, male or female?  How many of the engineers who build the structures and infrastructure that most people would consider comfortable and well-equipped are female?  Valuing one gender over the other causes problems 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

the evidence is that women are MORE violent than men, not less. They are MORE likely to instigate dometic violence for example.  Men are just much better at it, and when men fight someone's more likely to get hurt. But i haven't' seen any research that shows women are significantly less violent. They're just not as likely to do damage. 

Men do commit more violent crime if it helps but that doesnt' mean they're more violent as people.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-are-more-violent-says-study-622388.html

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

cite?

What did he do, punch someone? Pee standing up during school assembly? 

Why should teachers gaslight a student?

You obviously didn’t read the article.  Or any of the comments on the 11 pages of this thread.  You’re parroting false claims and spouting opinions without getting ANY of the facts, typical MAGA. 

Edited by BeaverFever

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You obviously didn’t read the article.  Or any of the comments on the 11 pages of this thread.  You’re parroting false claims and spouting opinions without getting ANY of the facts, typical MAGA. 

You're obviously reading something into this that isn't there.

He said some words which were true, although they were contrary to the school's new policy of gaslighting students, then he was banned from school. 

The school took themselves and their high-handed ban so seriously that when he showed up for class he was charged criminally for trespassing. 

Again, did he do anything violent? Did he make any threats? Because if he did, I missed that part, and it was certainly a glaring omission from the Fox article.

Why don't you enlighten instead of just making more baseless accusations?

From what I recall reading the trannies were scared because he has the same opinion as he'd learn in science class, and science is antithetical to leftist dogma, so they claimed that they were afraid of him.

Now the trannies don't have to hear his words, so they aren't dropping dead from anxiety anymore, but the girls still have to share their change rooms with biological males.

Comprende?  

Do you have a cite which shows that he did something violent or made a threat? Or are his beliefs just different from those of the trans?