Far left Calgary mayor to propose a bylaw of a $10,000 fine and one year in prison for protesting trans grooming of children

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

1. how is Remembrance Day not voluntary ?

1. One could imagine a pacifist insisting their child be exempt from commemorative activities.  It's sort of a theoretical example but a related incidents have happened when principals Ontario have unilaterally changed school events due to perceptions of what is "multicultural" and relevant.  Mind you, parents didn't request the exemption but other parents were quite upset.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. One could imagine a pacifist insisting their child be exempt from commemorative activities.  It's sort of a theoretical example but a related incidents have happened when principals Ontario have unilaterally changed school events due to perceptions of what is "multicultural" and relevant.  Mind you, parents didn't request the exemption but other parents were quite upset.

back in the 80's me & my closest friend joined the army together

and at the request of our former Vice Principle

we went back to our high school to provide honour guard at the Remembrance Day ceremony

we were in full ceremonial dress in the auditorium

but the school "Peace Club" was there,  protesting us as being "warmongers"

at another parade at the Regimental Cenotaph at Queen's Park around the same time

some people came charging out of the crowd to try to tear down our regimental colours

we all had bayonets fixed, and we brought them to bear in defence of the colours

but the police tackled the protesters before they could be run through

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but the school "Peace Club" was there,  protesting us as "warmongers"

I often think of MacArthur's famous speech to West Point (I think it was) "it is the soldier who prays for peace"

Aloof idealism is better expressed in music and poetry than aimless criticism IMO.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I often think of MacArthur's famous speech to West Point (I think it was) "it is the soldier who prays for peace"

Aloof idealism is better expressed in music and poetry than aimless criticism IMO.

at the time I was angry about the protesters

but now I am an ardent defender of free speech, to the threshold of Brandenburg v. Ohio

I've come to understand that the freedom I was defending, included the freedom to protest the military

when you are young soldier, you don't think of yourself as being the state

but that is what civilians see, they don't see you as a person, they only see the government

it's like on Operation Salon / Feather in 1990, I was on duty guarding a post

and an angry mob of Mohawks showed up and started tearing the colours down

I stepped outside of the guard shack, and suddenly everything went silent

they all stopped in their tracks and stared at me

I thought, uh-oh, they don't see me as a person, all they see is the Crown

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

a public inquiry is the ruling of the judiciary, absent any other judgement

No it isn't, where the hell did you hear that?!?!

governments in Canada will of course cite it as a mandate to invoke the EMA against protests going forward

They may well but they would have cited the fact trudeau used it as one regardless. That door was opened as soon as trudeau declared the act.

the government is already doing so right now

No it isn't.

Why do you feel the weird need to just make crap up like this?

6 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

One of my siblings preferred a catholic school system, for that very reason.

This kid went to a catholic school until he was suspended, then arrested, all for saying he believed men and women are different and that it said so in the bible.

High school student suspended, arrested

Gives the inquisition

a whole new bent

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So, you're suspended.  You've now made your point.  Time to start a campaign, take it to the courts etc.

Trying to enter the school under suspension isn't the right way to protest this.

Incorrect. Getting arrested makes for better media headlines and more attention.

In essence he disagreed with the suspension and as the kid said, "I just wanted to go to school." So he showed up.

What are you going to do, arrest me?

Yup.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

No, I've just said I'm not on Twitter. The OP claims to quote a source without even showing his alleged source.

Well, don't use the information to make any important financial decisions then

It's the net. Just treat it as an unconfirmed report and discuss it in that light.

13 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

1 - In the media? It only seems to be discussed, under guise of common narrative. I was always called the "whitest black man" people had ever met. I am very good at ice hockey, I can ski, I am and have always been a book worm, etc. Again, my blackness matters only when it fits a narrative. If and when I would denounce things in my community, and go against the grain, my blackness comes into question--also common by those who "care" about racism.

The LGBTQ community is no different. You're supported, as long as you support its narrative. Otherwise, they won't hesitate to eat their own. Of course, am sure plenty care genuinely, but am speaking about the pack mentality, which unfortunately affects a significant portion.

I like the MLK/Freeman version of 'race' relations. It's time to just stop with the constant division already. 

I'm not even 1% black, but if I was, the last thing I'd ever let my son do is listen to some dipsnit say "Seein' as yo' black, folks won't give ya no job and the pigs just wanna shoot yo ass!"

That's the exact opposite of the message that want your kid to hear, and that's not what you'd hear if you hired a professional coach to help you move fwd in your life, right? They say things along the line of "If you raise your goals you'll have more success...". That's because the rhetoric of success doesn't dwell in the negative, ever. No coach would ever tell you that resisting the police and yelling at them is a good idea. If a white guy punches a cop and steals his weapon, then gets shot, white people say "He was a dumbass, and now he's dead. Why was that even on TV? Just bury him already" but black people are told "The police were wrong, he shoulda got away with that" and that's not a good message for little kids either.  

No kid should watch a lot of TV, but it's especially true for those who are targeted by leftist messaging. 

16 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Took my kids to a drag story hour once. Guess what? they were bored out of their minds and in the 18 months since that 15 minute event.. it has not been mentioned once. But.. but , it was traumatic. So traumatic in fact that they have not asked a single question about it. 

Has anyone anywhere suggested a child would suffer trauma from going to one? 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Has anyone anywhere suggested a child would suffer trauma from going to one? 

Yes... in my thoroughly pointless discussions on liberalforum.org and liberalforum.net... quite a number of posters were insistent that drag queen story hours (or in my case.. 15 minutes) cause long term damage to children. As to what this damage is... they could never say or quantify. 

11 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

while I wouldn’t take my kids to a drag show it’s not “grooming kids” to do so. 

What is it good for then? Are "Drag Queens" representative of "normalized" gay people or are they more of a vaudeville show or circus entertainment? Are they to be taken seriously?

If I were gay I don't think I'd want my community represented, let alone presented to children to help them gain any understanding.

It's more of a joke, comedy act for adults to watch in a night club.

But hey. Stupid is as stupid does

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What is it good for then? Are "Drag Queens" representative of "normalized" gay people or are they more of a vaudeville show or circus entertainment? Are they to be taken seriously?

If I were gay I don't think I'd want my community represented, let alone presented to children to help them gain any understanding.

It's more of a joke, comedy act for adults to watch in a night club.

But hey. Stupid is as stupid does

From what I understand drag queen culture is its own culture separate from gay culture and it is not done as a joke, vaudeville, or adult entertainment and is not necessarily any more sexualized or explicit than straight people and the only difference between a straight person is simply their appearance. For example just because a stand up comedian is in drag doesn’t mean they’re telling dirty jokes,  they might still be telling PG-rated jokes (note this is your cue to post a random clip of some drag queen telling a perverted joke to prove that all drag queens are perverts and then I respond with a clip of a straight white male telling a perverted joke and ask if it means all straight white men are perverted and then you say without a hint of irony “no fair that doesn’t count you can’t stereotype a whole group base on the actions of just certain individuals!”

8 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

From what I understand drag queen culture is its own culture separate from gay culture and it is not done as a joke, vaudeville, or adult entertainment and is not necessarily any more sexualized or explicit than straight people and the only difference between a straight person is simply their appearance. For example just because a stand up comedian is in drag doesn’t mean they’re telling dirty jokes,  they might still be telling PG-rated jokes (note this is your cue to post a random clip of some drag queen telling a perverted joke to prove that all drag queens are perverts and then I respond with a clip of a straight white male telling a perverted joke and ask if it means all straight white men are perverted and then you say without a hint of irony “no fair that doesn’t count you can’t stereotype a whole group base on the actions of just certain individuals!”

I don't accept that answer. There are drag queen shows on various nights at the gay bar.

I know people who are gay and used to work near Jarvis and Wellesley. No one presented as a drag queen in normal circumstances. But they do like draq queen night at the local bars, where they dress up and is more like a beauty pageant or freak show. Not like typical homosexuals who appear as normal persons in all walks of life.

That is why I challenge the idea that kids need to learn to normalize draq queens. They are not seen as normal in the community.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

As reluctant as i am in general to agree with OW (snicker), i have to say i think he's got more of the right of it here.

First off - yes, as a matter of fact pretty much all straight white males have a 'perverted' streak in them depending on how you define that.  But - that's not what they're displaying most of the time. A drag queen might well be entertaining but they're always a statement in sexuality one way or another.

A person who dresses up in an amusing fashion that's NOT got a sexual aspect to it is not called a drag queen - they're called clowns.

So what is the purpose of making a big deal out of having drag queens performing in front of children? Why i sit specifically "Drag story time" instead of just story time? Or fun time story time. Why is it becoming so prevelant?

The answer is pretty simple and not even all that sinister - they want kids to be comfortable with the idea that sometimes men look like women and women look like men and they shouldn't find that frightening or unusual. They want to acclimatize them to it and normalize it.

Some people will say 'so what? it should be normal".

Some will say "it should be normal, but i think it's wrong to expose children to complex sexual issues until they're older and this just causes confusion and harm later on.

Some will say It IS wrong and this is encouraging behavior we should not be promoting.

But - nobody should pretend it isn't what it is. It's an effort to get kids comfortable with gender issues outside the traditional.

Also - a word about 'grooming'.

Of COURSE it's grooming. Pretty much all efforts to influence and train children for later life is grooming. Until a short time ago the word wasn't even a perjorative - people talked about 'Grooming the next generation of leaders" and such all the time, it was a normal term expressing a normal thing.

Grooming in and of itself isn't evil - it would be evil NOT to prepare kids for later life and their role in it.

And things like 'drag story time' are undoubtedly an effort to "groom" or shape kids thinking to be more positive to the lGBT community.  But to be clear there is NOTHING WRONG as a general concept with 'grooming' our kids for the future with the lessons we think are important.

Now - we can have a long talk about whether that IS something we need to be teaching kids early, or if some of this goes too far, or encourages confusion or non positive behavior, or how much children should be exposed to sexual issues and at what ages.

But to dismiss everything you don't like as 'grooming' is not appropriate. And to deny that shaping the opinions and instructing youth ISN'T grooming is also not appropriate.  It's all grooming. What we should be discussing is what is appropriate to introduce kids to and at what age.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't accept that answer. There are drag queen shows on various nights at the gay bar.

I know people who are gay and used to work near Jarvis and Wellesley. No one presented as a drag queen in normal circumstances. But they do like draq queen night at the local bars, where they dress up and is more like a beauty pageant or freak show. Not like typical homosexuals who appear as normal persons in all walks of life.

That is why I challenge the idea that kids need to learn to normalize draq queens. They are not seen as normal in the community.

So?  That doesn’t prove anything. Just because there are drag vaudeville shows doesn’t mean drag queens are nothing except vaudeville. Get it?

FTR, I don’t think kids need to be exposed to or normalize drag queens either. It’s a niche culture/subculture  If your point is simply that most drag queens probably don’t go about their everyday life working and running errands in drag costume, I don’t disagree. You probably will never knowingly encounter a drag queen unless you’re out actively looking for one.  But apparently some people feel, right or wrong, that bringing their kids to things like “drag queen story time”will make their kid a more open minded and tolerant person.  My only point is that doing so is not “grooming”  or exposing your child to sexual behaviour. 

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

As reluctant as i am in general to agree with OW (snicker), i have to say i think he's got more of the right of it here.

First off - yes, as a matter of fact pretty much all straight white males have a 'perverted' streak in them depending on how you define that.  But - that's not what they're displaying most of the time. A drag queen might well be entertaining but they're always a statement in sexuality one way or another.

A person who dresses up in an amusing fashion that's NOT got a sexual aspect to it is not called a drag queen - they're called clowns.

So what is the purpose of making a big deal out of having drag queens performing in front of children? Why i sit specifically "Drag story time" instead of just story time? Or fun time story time. Why is it becoming so prevelant?

The answer is pretty simple and not even all that sinister - they want kids to be comfortable with the idea that sometimes men look like women and women look like men and they shouldn't find that frightening or unusual. They want to acclimatize them to it and normalize it.

Some people will say 'so what? it should be normal".

Some will say "it should be normal, but i think it's wrong to expose children to complex sexual issues until they're older and this just causes confusion and harm later on.

Some will say It IS wrong and this is encouraging behavior we should not be promoting.

But - nobody should pretend it isn't what it is. It's an effort to get kids comfortable with gender issues outside the traditional.

I don’t disagree with anything you said here.