Pierre Pollivere responds to questions of racism in his caucus (hilarious!)

On 3/15/2023 at 3:37 PM, Moonbox said:

We've already talked about examples of his lying and deception.  His whole bullshit narrative about Justinflation, the Bank of Canada, and Bitcoin were farces, and he's been around too long and he's too smart to have believed it.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe he's actually retarded.  He spends enough time on twitter and talking to bitcoin influencers that maybe he's actually drinking the Kool-Aid.  That'd be even more worrying though. 

More realistically, he was just telling the donkeys what they wanted to hear, as he did when he called the vaccine mandates for truckers "unscientific and malicious".  

Hundreds of lies or coverups, huh?  ?

It's "No I wasn't briefed about any candidates getting election funding from the Chinese," which technically might not be a lie at all, but that's not the point, is it?  The technicalities and the probable deniability doesn't excuse dishonesty (unless you're a partisan robot following your programming).  

That’s quite an acrobatic technique you’re applying to defend Trudeau. How many years did you spend in the circus?

On 3/15/2023 at 12:37 PM, Moonbox said:

We've already talked about examples of his lying and deception.  His whole bullshit narrative about Justinflation,

The bank actually agreed with him there. And so have many other banks at this point and most eocnomists. THere's no doubt that trudeau's policies have made inflation significantly worse than it should be.

Do you have ANY evidence that they haven't had that effect? I've got boatloads that they do so if you can provide anything now's the time.

On 3/15/2023 at 12:37 PM, Moonbox said:

the Bank of Canada, and Bitcoin were farces,

The bank of canada agreed with him there too. They've admitted they screwed up badly and should have put the breaks on sooner and they screwed up. He was quite right there.

And to be blunt, he was right on bitcoin as well, other than the single 'hedge on inflation' comment.  The thing is - virtually every single 'issue' people pretended to have with bitcoin is true of the stock market as well. And the crypto's have been solid performers for years and likely will be again.

Sooooo - no lies. No deceptions.  He was correct.

So not exactly like truduea's 'the budget will balance itself'  was it :)

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The bank actually agreed with him there. And so have many other banks at this point and most eocnomists. THere's no doubt that trudeau's policies have made inflation significantly worse than it should be.

The Bank agreed with him on what, specifically?  That Tiff Macklem and the BoC are financially illiterate (as PP claims)?  That Pierre Poilievre, the international relations grad who's never had a real job in his life, has a better grasp of economics than the economics PhD and professor running the BoC?  

The bank of canada agreed with him there too. They've admitted they screwed up badly and should have put the breaks on sooner and they screwed up. He was quite right there.

They admitted that their forecasts were wrong, but they worked with the information they had at the time.  Hindsight is always brilliant though.  

And to be blunt, he was right on bitcoin as well, other than the single 'hedge on inflation' comment. 

No he wasn't.  He was pumping his own bags, and he looks like a fool after the fact with Bitcoin @ -59% from Nov 2021.  While you and others froth at the mouth about 6-9% inflation, remember that good 'ol Pierre was boosting Bitcoin as the alternative to central bank fiat right before it lost over 50% of it's value! ?

Strangely he hasn't had much to say about it since.  

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The thing is - virtually every single 'issue' people pretended to have with bitcoin is true of the stock market as well.

Except the stock market is full of wealth-generating companies that actually do something, while Bitcoin is nothing but a vehicle for zero-sum speculation.   

So not exactly like truduea's 'the budget will balance itself'  was it :)

Quite similar, actually, because they both amounted to complete and utter bullshit!

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

The Bank agreed with him on what, specifically?  That Tiff Macklem and the BoC are financially illiterate (as PP claims)?  That Pierre Poilievre, the international relations grad who's never had a real job in his life, has a better grasp of economics than the economics PhD and professor running the BoC?  

Pretty much - he said they screwed up, badly miscalculated and interest went higher as a result.

And claiming that working for the gov't isn't a real job is about as thick as it gets.  So - teachers aren't doing 'real jobs'? for example? lawmakers and such aren't doing real jobs?   What a dumb thing to say. Not only is working in gov't a real job, it's the job that prepares you to be a PM.

The fact you'd have to resort to such ad hominem nonsense shows you know you're wrong to begin with.

They admitted that their forecasts were wrong, but they worked with the information they had at the time.  Hindsight is always brilliant though.  

No, they admitted that they made a mistake.  Period. THat's not a 'hindsight' issue or 'best we could do' issue - they screwed it up and a number of prominent economists were saying that at the time.

No he wasn't. 

Sure he was. Like i said - point out a critisim that doesn't also apply to the stock market. You don't think having a stock market is stupid do you?

While you and others froth at the mouth about 6-9% inflation, remember that good 'ol Pierre was boosting Bitcoin as the alternative to central bank fiat right before it lost over 50% of it's value! ?

So you're saying there's nothing wrong with 9 percent inflation? That's your argument? we're just 'frothing' over it?

How do you do it, making yourself look even more dumb than before again and again?

As to bit coin, sure. Historically it HAD hedged nicely, and it failed this time. Know what else did? The stock market. It CRASHED.  So - is anyone who says the stock market is a good thing equally nuts?

Except the stock market is full of wealth-generating companies that actually do something, while Bitcoin is nothing but a vehicle for zero-sum speculation.   

Actually most of the stock market value is on speculation. Not production. Which is why it just crashed into the ground. SO no - its value is NOT based on wealth generating companies. The vast vast vast majority of it is a vehicle for zero sum speculation.

But if you'd prefer we could talk commodities trading. gold doesn't 'do' anything. It's valuable because people perceive it is and it's in limited supply. Just like bitcoin :)

Sorry - 90 percent of that whole thing was media hype and liberal lies. Bitcoin is absolutely a valid investment provided you know what your'e doing and undersatnd the risks just like the stock market and commodities.

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pretty much - he said they screwed up, badly miscalculated and interest went higher as a result.

He said they made their best guess based on conditions and the information they had at the time, and that it turned out wrong.  Should he have anticipated the Ukraine War or zero-COVID in China?  

And claiming that working for the gov't isn't a real job is about as thick as it gets.  So - teachers aren't doing 'real jobs'? for example? lawmakers and such aren't doing real jobs?   What a dumb thing to say. Not only is working in gov't a real job, it's the job that prepares you to be a PM.

I'm saying that he's a career politician with little/no real-world experience and that his criticism of the central bank being "financially illiterate" is retarded, especially coming from his background.  

The fact you'd have to resort to such ad hominem nonsense shows you know you're wrong to begin with.

Ad Hominem is bad!?

What have you been doing here since you joined the forum?  ????

Sure he was. Like i said - point out a critisim that doesn't also apply to the stock market. You don't think having a stock market is stupid do you?

I already did.  Companies on the stock market are doing things, and generating income (or preparing to), and have intrinsic value.  Bitcoin doesn't, but don't Pierre and his crypto-bros that.  

So you're saying there's nothing wrong with 9 percent inflation? That's your argument? we're just 'frothing' over it?

I'm saying it's retarded to lose your shit over 9% inflation if you're promoting an intrinsically worthless decentralized coin that subsequently loses 50% of its value in a matter of months.

Actually most of the stock market value is on speculation. Not production. Which is why it just crashed into the ground.

The stock market crashed into the ground?  ?

SO no - its value is NOT based on wealth generating companies. The vast vast vast majority of it is a vehicle for zero sum speculation.

That's a profoundly stupid thing to say, but I'm not surprised coming from you.  ?

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

e said they made their best guess based on conditions and the information they had at the time, and that it turned out wrong.  Should he have anticipated the Ukraine War or zero-COVID in China?  

Nope - he said he screwed up before that.

And he's admitted those are factors but not the only reason for our inflation. Justin's monetary policy and carbon tax play a large roll.

I'm saying that he's a career politician with little/no real-world experience

Politics is a real world experience. Like - how do you not get that?

Ad Hominem is bad!?

What have you been doing here since you joined the forum?  

Attacking your arguments with facts and reason. Which is not ad hominem. And yes ad hominem is bad, I guess i should have mentioned to you that lying is bad too. So many character faults to fix with you, so little time.

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The stock market crashed into the ground? 

Yeah - ask any pensioner who had savings in it right now. It's severely down and many many are suffering and are praying it bounces back a bit. Many saw their retirement savings evaporate to about a half of what they were. I'm seeing it every day.

You didn't know did  you. Or you just think it's hilarious that people are suffering i guess.

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That's a profoundly stupid thing to say

ROFMAO - only a liberal would think the truth and facts were 'profoundly stupid ' :)

You're all too often on the wrong side of history, truth and facts Moonbox.

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Attacking your arguments with facts and reason. Which is not ad hominem. And yes ad hominem is bad, I guess i should have mentioned to you that lying is bad too. So many character faults to fix with you, so little time.

Yeah you never use ad hominem ???, only "facts and reasons".

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah - ask any pensioner who had savings in it right now. It's severely down and many many are suffering and are praying it bounces back a bit. Many saw their retirement savings evaporate to about a half of what they were. I'm seeing it every day.

Which stock markets are down by "about half"?  Are these the "fACTs and ReAsOn" you were referring to?  ?

Yeah you never use ad hominem ???, only "facts and reasons".

LOL -  awwww muffin, couldn't come up with a single example? :)   Poor guy

So do you even know what ad hominem is without looking it up?

Which stock markets are down by "about half"?  Are these the "fACTs and ReAsOn" you were referring to?  ?

Stock portfolios.  You see, when people like those i mentioned buy stocks they don't buy a whole market, they just buy some and we call that their 'portfolio'. 

And to answer your question:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-06/number-of-nasdaq-stocks-down-50-or-more-is-almost-at-a-record?leadSource=uverify wall

Whooopsie, yew fudged yerself again it would seem :)

Facts and reason.  Try it.

47 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Stock portfolios.  You see, when people like those i mentioned buy stocks they don't buy a whole market, they just buy some and we call that their 'portfolio'. 

So we go from stock market "crashed into the ground" to some "stock portfolios are down".  ?

47 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah, "FaCts aNd REaSOnS"   

Here's the Nasdaq:

NASDAQ.thumb.png.258f88d981cc3e9b4a75f01785b38484.png

Down ~25% from its previous (overpriced) high in 2022 (seen above), and only being a niche portion of the overall stock markets.  Stock markets CRASHED INTO THE GROUND though...Pensioners (who shouldn't be heavily invested in the nasdaq in the first place) are losing half their portfolios!

Major-eye-roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

So we go from stock market "crashed into the ground" to some "stock portfolios are down".  

Man i spend a lot of time fixing your literacy issues :)

Markets crashed that is true. And i said some people's stocks fell by up to 50 percent. You said show me the 50 percent.

Sigh - only a liberal complains when you give him what he asked for :) LOLOL

Yeah, "FaCts aNd REaSOnS"   

Here's the Nasdaq:

Down ~25% from its previous (overpriced) high in 2022 (seen above), and only being a niche portion of the overall stock markets.

I know math is hard for you - but it fell down to 10 k  from 16. That's not 25 percent. I can tell you how much it is if you like or would you like to try again? :) LOL

But lets put a pin in it for a moment - lets use 25 percent. That is a monumental crash overall.  That is the entire stock market losing a quarter of its' value.  That is hundreds of billions of dollars taht just went 'poof'  in a very short time

So that's a crash.  Stock markets don't normally do that every year Do they.

In fact - the last time we saw a drop as large as that was in the great recession of 2009. And the time before that was the crash of the 2000 tech recession :)

https://www.macrotrends.net/1320/nasdaq-historical-chart

So yeah. Crash.

holy shit kid - if you're going to post the stats at least post ones that prove me WRONG! Proving me RIGHT is supposed to be MY job :) 

HAHAHAHAAHAAHA  - god you're a riot to talk to :)   But hey, thanks for saving me the hassle of looking it up for you :)

LOL - got any other sources to prove me right? Or are you done looking dumb for the day?

On 3/17/2023 at 10:18 AM, CdnFox said:

As to bit coin, sure. Historically it HAD hedged nicely, and it failed this time. Know what else did? The stock market. It CRASHED. 

You said Bitcoin flopped and the stock market crashed along with it. Own it ffs.

Man i spend a lot of time fixing your literacy issues

Literacy is not the issue here, your ridiculous bullshit is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You said Bitcoin flopped and the stock market crashed along with it. Own it ffs.

bitcoin DID crash (are you saying it didn't?)  and the stock market DID crash - as he was kind enough to prove for me :)

SO you want me to own the fact i was right and he was wrong? err.... ssuuuurreee..........

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Literacy is not the issue here, your ridiculous bullshit is.

ROFLMAO - your literacy is ridiculous bullshit so i guess two things can be true at the same time :)

He was the one who posted the stats showing the stock crash :)  Don't blame me that i was right LOLOL!!!!!

Edited by CdnFox

Oh and for Moonbox and eyeball who are such buddies the one has to show up when the other is losing a debate and console him,  a little bit of extra proof on the whole 'crashed' thing:

Famous stock market crashes include those during the 1929 Great Depression, Black Monday of 1987, the 2001 dotcom bubble burst, the 2008 financial crisis, and during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-market-crash.asp

You two should get together and form a support group for when you make yourselves look this bad. It must be pretty hard on you.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:17 PM, CdnFox said:

Man i spend a lot of time fixing your literacy issues :)

Markets crashed that is true. And i said some people's stocks fell by up to 50 percent. You said show me the 50 percent.

No, you said the stock market crashed into the ground (hyperbole), then proceeded to worthlessly tell us that "some people" are down 50%.  Wow! ??

Some people are up 100%.  Some people are up 400%.  Some people are down 38.7623%.  Some people are down 3%.  Some people are up 5%.  I can quote arbitrary useless numbers too.  

I know math is hard for you - but it fell down to 10 k  from 16. That's not 25 percent. I can tell you how much it is if you like or would you like to try again? :) LOL

It was 16k to 10.8k (roughly) and it took 7 months to do that, and that works out to less than 33%.  In the same timeframe, BTC lost 60% of its value.  

In fact - the last time we saw a drop as large as that was in the great recession of 2009. And the time before that was the crash of the 2000 tech recession :)

You chose to compare the Nasdaq, one of the most speculative and volatile stock market indexes out there, and it still has around ~50% of the volatility of Bitcoin.  Take a broader, more inclusive index like the S&P, and those numbers look even worse for BTC.  

Regardless, none of this even really matters because the fundamental difference between any stock market (even the Nasdaq) is that you're getting audited financial statements and you're buying a portion of a company's assets and future cashflow.  When you buy Bitcoin, you're buying a digital widget that does nothing, earns nothing, and can only make you money if you find a greater fool to buy it off you at a higher price.                                                                                                 

More importantly, however, nobody is proposing we use the Nasdaq as an alternative to fiat or central banking, because that would be retarded.  

Edited by Moonbox

No, you said the stock market crashed into the ground (hyperbole), then proceeded to worthlessly tell us that "some people" are down 50%.  Wow! ??

Which turned out to be true :) Which has been posted. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Some people are up 100%.  Some people are up 400%. 

Who.

The vast majority of stocks are down, and as i pointed out the number that have lost 50 percent is at an all time high. So the vast majority have lost money.

Some people are down 38.7623%.  Some people are down 3%.  Some people are up 5%.  I can quote arbitrary useless numbers too.  

Yes - but yours are just lies made up in your head with nothing to back them up. I'm talking about real people and have posted the stock market reports that prove that this is happening to people.

So sure you can lie. we knew that about you already.

It was 16k to 10.8k (roughly) and it took 7 months to do that, and that works out to less than 33%.  In the same timeframe, BTC lost 60% of its value.  

Sooooo - i was right. More than 25 percent. Imagine that.

And bitcoin has vastly outperformed stocks many many many times. Both assets can go up, or down. Bitcoin actually has the better history for going up.

You chose to compare the Nasdaq, one of the most speculative and volatile stock market indexes out there,

Ahhhhh - actually, YOU chose nasdaq.  That was YOU who decided that's what we'd look at. Remember? Now some how YOUR choice is MY fault.

and it still has around ~50% of the volatility of Bitcoin.  Take a broader, more inclusive index like the S&P, and those numbers look even worse for BTC.  

Not if you look at the 5 year performance. Many times bitcoin outperformed stocks by a longshot,

Take a look for yourself:

https://buybitcoinworldwide.com/price/

if you bought bitcoin 5 years ago, your investment is doing much better than the average for the stock market that's for sure.  It's still up higher than it was in 2020, and its climbing.

Soooo - yeah. Actually a good performing investment over all.  And it's going up again.

Real estate prices are down to right now - but up since 2019 or so.  Is real estate a cccrrraaaazy stupid investment too?

Sorry kiddo - any way you look at it you've lost this one.  Bitcoin has done very well for those who've invested in it for the most part, and it's performance does go up and down just like stocks and other higher risk investments. It's no different.

Regardless, none of this even really matters because the fundamental difference between any stock market (even the Nasdaq) is that you're getting audited financial statements and you're buying a portion of a company's assets and future cashflow. 

No you're not. There's no requirement for most of those companies to do an audit, and there is ZERO guarantee they'll share their profits. MOST go without declaring dividends in any given year. MOST of the value in the stock market is in speculation.

FURTHER - there's ZERO guarantee the company will have profits to share. WE're about to go into a recession, so many of those companies will be taking a loss. And not only will you get no money for the 'profits' but safe bet your stock values will go down.

This is NOT some sort of secured loan. It's high risk speculation.

When you buy Bitcoin, you're buying a digital widget that does nothing, earns nothing, and can only make you money if you find a greater fool to buy it off you at a higher price.   

Well you could say the same of a dollar bill. What does it do? PUt it in a drawer and 10 years later guess what you've got - a dollar bill. Yet - people trade in currency all the time speculatively.

And bitcoin is becoming a lot more standardized as a unit of actual payment, which gives it a special value.

So just like anything out there, because it is limited in amount and actually does have some value it's perceived value is high.

More importantly, however, nobody is proposing we use the Nasdaq as an alternative to fiat or central banking, because that would be retarded. 

Sure - stocks are not a currency.  BItcoin actually is a currency so that would make more sens but i've never heard anyone suggest we should change bitcoin to our nations currency and get rid of the fiat dollar. Have you? You sure didn't hear that from PP.

He DID say it could be a hedge against inflation and in fact RIGHT NOW that is actually true - it's going up faster than the rate of inflation. But like the stock market it's speculative and volatile so really it's no better than the stock market as a 'hedge' over time. Real estate seems better for that.

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Which turned out to be true :) Which has been posted. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

What did?  That it crashed into the ground?  I guess if a 15-20% drop of the stock market (which it does semi-regularly) means "crashing into the ground", then sure, but then you're just playing with worthless hyperbole. 

Who.

The vast majority of stocks are down, and as i pointed out the number that have lost 50 percent is at an all time high. So the vast majority have lost money.

"Some people", like your made up "some people" who lost 50 percent.  It's just a different "some people".  

Yes - but yours are just lies made up in your head with nothing to back them up. I'm talking about real people and have posted the stock market reports that prove that this is happening to people.

You didn't.  You posted a report that said 40% of the Nasdaq's firms are down 50%, and that's how market downturns work, especially in a niche and speculative growth-oriented index like the Nasdaq.  The weak die, the strong survive.  Unless you're trying to tell us that these poor pensioners who lost 50% were 100% invested in the worst-performing stocks in the worst-performing index, you're just making shit up.  ?

And bitcoin has vastly outperformed stocks many many many times. Both assets can go up, or down. Bitcoin actually has the better history for going up.

Sure, but who's arguing that it didn't? That doesn't make it any less of a zero-sum speculative trash asset, with literally the only thing it's worth is what the next ape might pay for it.  

Ahhhhh - actually, YOU chose nasdaq.  That was YOU who decided that's what we'd look at. Remember? Now some how YOUR choice is MY fault.

No, YOU did. ? YOU linked the article about the Nasdaq, and I responded to it.  

Real estate prices are down to right now - but up since 2019 or so.  Is real estate a cccrrraaaazy stupid investment too?

No, because there's a hard asset there - something real, and tangible and useful.    

Sorry kiddo - any way you look at it you've lost this one.  Bitcoin has done very well for those who've invested in it for the most part, and it's performance does go up and down just like stocks and other higher risk investments. It's no different.

I know you like declaring victory for yourself every second post, but only your mommy cares.  

Yes, bitcoin goes UP, and bitcoin goes DOWN based on trading, just like the stock market.  That's

where their similarities end.  

No you're not. There's no requirement for most of those companies to do an audit, and there is ZERO guarantee they'll share their profits. MOST go without declaring dividends in any given year. MOST of the value in the stock market is in speculation.

Publicly listed company have to go through an independent annual audit, so keep telling us how clueless you are please.  

As a shareholder, you're entitled to your share of the company's earnings, assets and profits.  Whether profits get paid out as dividends, or retained as liquid assets, you're still entitled to them, and they get verified.  

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - stocks are not a currency.  BItcoin actually is a currency so that would make more sens but i've never heard anyone suggest we should change bitcoin to our nations currency and get rid of the fiat dollar. Have you? You sure didn't hear that from PP.

He said that the BoC was ruining the dollar, that crypto currency could reduce the central banks' influence, and that Canadians needed an alternative currency (or rather the freedom of choice for an alternative currency).  It doesn't even work as a currency, however, because anything that can swing 50% in value over a few months is a non-starter, and then there's the simple matter that it can't operate at mainstream scale for the foreseeable future.  

What did?  That it crashed into the ground?  I guess if a 15-20% drop of the stock market (which it does semi-regularly) means "crashing into the ground", then sure, but then you're just playing with worthless hyperbole. 

You literally just posted in your previous post it was 33 percent -double your little estimate there :)

That's the problem with you - when you're wrong you just start pretending you didn't say things you very obviously did.  If you have to lie to make  a point, you haven't got a very good point.

That was a harsh crash, many many people lost a huge hunk of their savings.

But hey - lie about it some more and maybe the facts will change! Right? Thats how you guys on the left think isn't it :)

"Some people", like your made up "some people" who lost 50 percent.  It's just a different "some people".  

No, those are people i've really met. Yours by your own admission are fake.  And - the numbers certainly show there's going to be a lot like the ones i met.

You didn't.  You posted a report that said 40% of the Nasdaq's firms are down 50%, and that's how market downturns work, especially in a niche and speculative growth-oriented index like the Nasdaq. 

Ok - so according to you almost half those stocks went down by 50 percent, people own those stocks, but there's no way they could be down about 50 percent.

Math isn't your thing is it. :)   You're really just making yourself look dumber every post.  Why are you doing that?

The weak die, the strong survive.  Unless you're trying to tell us that these poor pensioners who lost 50% were 100% invested in the worst-performing stocks in the worst-performing index, you're just making shit up.  ?

Well no, that's not the only market where stocks went down that much.  And tech stocks are very popular.

Sorry kiddo - it's pretty obvious you're just crybabying at this point.

Sure, but who's arguing that it didn't?

You. And other liberals for that matter. Oh wait let me guess - having been proven wrong you will claim yet again you never EVER said that bitcoin was worse off than stocks especially compared with markets other than Nasdaq.   Sigh. You're so predictable.

No, YOU did. ? YOU linked the article about the Nasdaq, and I responded to it.  

Rats, you were right there.  my mistake. Well even a broken clock :)

No, because there's a hard asset there - something real, and tangible and useful.    

Nope, in a lot of cases there isn't. Intellectual property that could become useless overnight, etc etc.

And it's mostly based on speculation, not asset value.

As a shareholder, you're entitled to your share of the company's earnings, assets and profits.  Whether profits get paid out as dividends, or retained as liquid assets, you're still entitled to them, and they get verified.  

Nope. You're not entitled to them if they're retained.   Go ahead -buy a share in microsoft and walk into the office and demand your share of the profits they didn't declare dividends on and your share of the assets.

Not how it works.

He said that the BoC was ruining the dollar, that crypto currency could reduce the central banks' influence, and that Canadians needed an alternative currency (or rather the freedom of choice for an alternative currency). 

Which is not what you previously claimed at all.

And most of that is true. The boc has done a lot of damage to our dollar which now buys less. Crypto being normalized would indeed reduce the central bank's influence. And Canadians should have choice

It doesn't even work as a currency, however, because anything that can swing 50% in value over a few months is a non-starter, and then there's the simple matter that it can't operate at mainstream scale for the foreseeable future.  

Most of the world's currencies are capable of swinging that much under the right conditions. Sorry to burst your bubble. And honestly the statement doesn't even make sense - it might drop that much against the us dollar but far less against the canadian if the canadian is dropping as well

and  a reminder - it's still worth more than it was in 2019. which is more than we can say for the Canadian dollar.

Normalizing it will go a long way to remove the volatility So - there you go.

Sorry punkin :)  You were wrong again :) It works fine and will only get better - IF that's what people choose to use personally. I realize as a liberal you're not fond of people having choice but, sorry - they should. 

It works just fine as an alternate currency same as any other currency and just like any other currency the more it's used the more it stabilizes.

50 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You literally just posted in your previous post it was 33 percent -double your little estimate there :)

Because the Nasdaq is only a tiny portion of the overall stock market (one of the riskiest parts) and the broader indices aren't down anywhere close to that?  ? 

No, those are people i've really met. Yours by your own admission are fake.  And - the numbers certainly show there's going to be a lot like the ones i met.

You'd have to be a retard gambler to have lost 50% in this market, but these are the people you are meeting, so I guess it's very possible.  ?‍♂️

Ok - so according to you almost half those stocks went down by 50 percent, people own those stocks, but there's no way they could be down about 50 percent.

Not unless they're brainlets, because that means not only did they invest 100% into the Nasdaq (which nobody should ever really do, and certainly not pensioners), it also means they picked nothing but the worst performing Nasdaq stocks  ??

Rats, you were right there.  my mistake. Well even a broken clock :)

Yeah it's almost like you can go back and read people's posts and see what they actually said.  

Nope, in a lot of cases there isn't. Intellectual property that could become useless overnight, etc etc.

Sure, but then there's also valuable intellectual property (like trademarks, licenses, patents etc.) that provide predictable and measurable revenue, which can be easily valuated.  

And it's mostly based on speculation, not asset value.

Nope.  Speculation is ever-present, but the best investors are basing it on data, research and actually interviewing company management, among other things.  It's not like the doofus crypto-bros and their useless TA charts.  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Nope. You're not entitled to them if they're retained.   Go ahead -buy a share in microsoft and walk into the office and demand your share of the profits they didn't declare dividends on and your share of the assets.

Why would I do that?  I can just sell my share and know that retained earnings sitting on the company's balance sheet would be part of the price I get. 

Thanks for the laughs.  This was a funny thread.  ?

Because the Nasdaq is only a tiny portion of the overall stock market (one of the riskiest parts) and the broader indices aren't down anywhere close to that?  ? 

Ohhh reeaaaally :) Kid - sorry the facts didn't fit your echo chamber but they all did pretty bad to one degree or another - wtih the s&p down about 20 percent and russel down 22, and that's the average.  A lot of stocks within those markets did much worse.

Sorry kid -you're bleating ain't getting you any closer.

You'd have to be a retard gambler to have lost 50% in this market, but these are the people you are meeting, so I guess it's very possible.  ?‍♂️

Actually i'm sure many lost more than that. Most people only have 4 or 5 stocks in tehir portfolio and it just takes one or two to tank for them to lose most of their wealth.

But - at the end of the day they lost that money. There WAS a stock market crash. People dId suffer significant losses and as i've said i've seen people who lost  up to 50 percent themselves. I'm sure there are people who lost more. And some who lost less but the vast majority of people lost.

You don't even remember why you were arguing about this do you. You just think as long as you bleat like a goat with it's nuts in a gopher trap somehow you'll magically make a point some day.

Not unless they're brainlets, because that means not only did they invest 100% into the Nasdaq (which nobody should ever really do, and certainly not pensioners), it also means they picked nothing but the worst performing Nasdaq stocks  ??

Unless they invest in an equity stock fund most people don't have money in a lot of different stocks. They have a few.

But yes, sure - you're the only intelligent investor around. You know it all - that's why you're so filthy rich right?  Right? Hellllooooooo....

Yeah it's almost like you can go back and read people's posts and see what they actually said.  

And when i do it shows you're lying. Like that one the other day i posted where you said word for word what i claimed you did and you denied EVER saying for sure absolutely 100 percent :)  LOL

You just hope nobody will bother. And probably most don't or don't all the time. But i can tell from the 'respect' you get from others that people don't bother because they feel they already know you're not terribly honest.

Sure, but then there's also valuable intellectual property (like trademarks, licenses, patents etc.) that provide predictable and measurable revenue, which can be easily valuated. 

In most cases no - turns out to be worthless. Remember - the majority of investors wind up losing money in the stock market.

Nope.  Speculation is ever-present, but the best investors are basing it on data, research and actually interviewing company management, among other things.  It's not like the doofus crypto-bros and their useless TA charts.  

MOST investors lose money. And it is because MOST stock is traded based on speculation. There's nothing holding up that value. Sorry.

But that's why only about 5 - 10 percent actually make money at it.

Why would I do that?  I can just sell my share and know that retained earnings sitting on the company's balance sheet would be part of the price I get. 

Oh noooo - fiancail report just came out and says we're going into a recession and your company will be severely impacted!! A run on the stock dropped the value by 30 percent!!!

Happens.  And you've lost all those retained earnings and may sell at a loss if you intend to sell - yet nothing changed.

Sorry kiddo - you don't know how stocks work

Bit coin is no different in any way than other currency, commodity or stock market investments, It's the same thing, except with a better performance record.

Thanks for the laughs.  This was a funny thread.  ?

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You don't even remember why you were arguing about this do you. You just think as long as you bleat like a goat with it's nuts in a gopher trap somehow you'll magically make a point some day.

and yet you're the one that just moments ago embarrassed yourself trying to tell me I brought up the Nasdaq, when it was you.  If you could manage to trim your posts and respond without the constant bluster about how much you're "winning" the thread (that nobody but you or I is reading anymore), you'd have a much easier time keeping your thoughts straight, and you'd also make it less apparent how fragile your ego is.  ?

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Unless they invest in an equity stock fund most people don't have money in a lot of different stocks. They have a few.

Then they're probably bad investors, because that's dumb

But yes, sure - you're the only intelligent investor around. You know it all - that's why you're so filthy rich right?  Right? Hellllooooooo....

I'm intelligent enough not to be -50% in a -20% market, which is an exceedingly low bar given you can say the same about the overwhelming majority of investors and pensioners (just apparently and unsurprisingly not your friends/acquaintances).  

In most cases no - turns out to be worthless. Remember - the majority of investors wind up losing money in the stock market.

The majority of do-it-yourselfers do, but that's because they've no clue what they're doing.  That's why mutual funds, etfs, indices and financial planners exist.  It's a sign of intelligence to acknowledge what you don't know, but maybe you'll get there some day.  

42 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

and yet you're the one that just moments ago embarrassed yourself trying to tell me I brought up the Nasdaq, when it was you. 

Sure.  Even I make mistakes sometimes :)   It's pretty damn rare but i do, and when i do i own them. That's what men do. I've got no problem with that.

What YOU do is pretend you never said it, cry like a baby, try to change the channel and generally flail about :) Which of us would you say handles that better?

Then they're probably bad investors, because that's dumb

Is that based on the millions of dollars you've earned in the stock market?  Oh... wait...

44 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'm intelligent enough not to be -50% in a -20% market,

Are you.  I'll bet good money you're not even in the stock market and haven't got a clue about investing. Some of the things you said certainly point to that.  So all we can say is that you're "smart enough" to look at things AFTER the fact and say "Now that i know what the stocks actually did, i can pick ones that did better than others".  Yeah - thats  everybody "genius".  It's very easy after the fact.

48 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The majority of do-it-yourselfers do, but that's because they've no clue what they're doing.

Unlike you, the investment genius with no investments :) A man who's "Smart enough" to get rich on the stock market as long as he gets to pick AFTER he sees what the stocks do :) LOLOLOL!!!

90 - 95 percent of investors lose money in the stock markets, depending who's stats you like. And i doubt you'd do better.

Whereas the vast majority of people who bought bitcoin have made money and lots of it.  The VAST majority.

So - bottom line.  PP was mostly right about crypto - it is an investment choice canadians should have and there's value in having access to it and regulation of it in the form of an exchange. And yes the BoC has royally screwed up.

Oh - and i'm sorry it hurts your head to read so much. :)

Are you.  I'll bet good money you're not even in the stock market and haven't got a clue about investing. 

That's funny, because it's literally what I do for a living.  

This whole time you've been larping as if you know wtf you're talking about, you've actually been speaking to a trained and educated professional.  ??