Pierre Pollivere responds to questions of racism in his caucus (hilarious!)

On 3/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, CdnFox said:

AAAAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but whether you like him or hate him, PP is an absolute BEAST at answering questions from the press like this :)

I must admit that is a good one. I think he has a serious chance to win the next election and maybe align 2 mandates in a row. Like Harper did before he eventually won, he is getting the experience and more familiar to the voters.

56 minutes ago, Benz said:

I must admit that is a good one. I think he has a serious chance to win the next election and maybe align 2 mandates in a row. Like Harper did before he eventually won, he is getting the experience and more familiar to the voters.

Well harper had it rough - not only a brand new leader but a brand new party and barely more than a  year to get it all organized before he faced paul martin the first time.  And he still held him to a minority :)

So for sure PP's got it a little easier in that regard and he's picking up some steam. He has a solid chance of winning and a decent chance at a majority so fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So for sure PP's got it a little easier in that regard and he's picking up some steam. He has a solid chance of winning and a decent chance at a majority so fingers crossed.

I guarantee he'd win if he could make trust the issue. I fail to see how we can solve any other problem challenging us without it.

And it's only getting worse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well harper had it rough - not only a brand new leader but a brand new party and barely more than a  year to get it all organized before he faced paul martin the first time.  And he still held him to a minority :)

At that moment, people voted for the "devil they know". The time spent in the opposition made Harper look less devil, and or, more familiar and therefore look less dangerous by the people that were not ready to vote for him. My point is that I think the same is going on with Poilièvre. 

Edited by Benz

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I guarantee he'd win if he could make trust the issue. I fail to see how we can solve any other problem challenging us without it.

And it's only getting worse.

Well that's not really possible. The reason we have trust issues is because everyone promises but no one delivers. So what can you 'promise' that resolves that?

"trust" could well be a platform plank in the election that follows his win, where he can say 'see what i said and that's what i did'.

Harper earned a lot of trust that way - for better or worse. That's what people tended to say about him - "the man always does what he says he's going to, whether you want him to or not" :)

1 hour ago, Benz said:

At that moment, people voted for the "devil they know". The time spent in the opposition made Harper look less devil, and or, more familiar and therefore look less dangerous by the people that were not ready to vote for him. My point is that I think the same is going on with Poilièvre. 

A very real possibility.

3 hours ago, Benz said:

No , no they don't,  they vote for whom ever is going to give them the most stuff, And Quebec is afraid the conservatives are going to cut them off some how...just like all the other hard liberals.  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Well that's not really possible. The reason we have trust issues is because everyone promises but no one delivers. So what can you 'promise' that resolves that?

"trust" could well be a platform plank in the election that follows his win, where he can say 'see what i said and that's what i did'.

Harper earned a lot of trust that way - for better or worse. That's what people tended to say about him - "the man always does what he says he's going to, whether you want him to or not" :)

Do you really think left are interested in trust, maybe the center and right but the others come on now, they have proven that in 3 elections now... and somehow you think all thats going to change , thats funney. 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Do you really think left are interested in trust, maybe the center and right but the others come on now, they have proven that in 3 elections now... and somehow you think all thats going to change , thats funney. 

Well the hard left isn't  - trust isn't necessary when facts don't matter to you, if someone betrays you then you just pretend they did you a favour :) If justin slept with their wives the left would scream 'thank GOD, i was afraid he woudln't".

But most people aren't really hard left.  And the ones that lean left start to get preeeeety serious when they can't afford food, or a place to live.  And if someone is fixing that and says i can do even more, trust me. and some one else makes promises that they can't be trusted to deliver - people cling to the person they can trust.

It's when things are great and they think elections don't matter than trust isn't a factor. When shit gets real then trust and talent become big deals.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:48 PM, Army Guy said:

No , no they don't,  they vote for whom ever is going to give them the most stuff,  

Maybe. I was relying on the comparison between the elections regarding the comments and motivations of their choices. Maybe I misread. Then I would ask you, what did Harper offered more when he got elected vs when he did not. What Poilievre should have offer the last time that he did not.

And Quebec is afraid the conservatives are going to cut them off some how...just like all the other hard liberals. 

Not afraid, exasperated. When Trump wanted to renegotiate the free trade treaty, Trudeau chose to sacrifice Québec's economy on both the milk industry and steel. Ottawa always take decisions to weaken Quebec and then the bashers complain that Quebec receive too much equalization. But when the time comes to spend money against Quebec instead working with Quebec (Muskrat Falls and the electric line to avoid Quebec), it's a blank check with unlimited funds. Usually, this is the time where you remind us that back when Chretien and Martin were in power, they were giving subsides to their personal friends in Quebec and although only those friends could benefit from that money at the expense of honest businessmen, you pleased yourself to think we were all sucking money from your pockets, although we never saw the colour of it.

Same old, same old...

On 3/10/2023 at 8:51 PM, Army Guy said:

Yeah man...the left hates trust...only the RIGHT and the CENTRE care about it.

That's funny all right.  

I'm not in complete agreement with PP on this one. Just as I never really thought Pixie-Dust in blackface years ago at a costume party, was offensive and something to be made a big deal of.

Somehow...people have taken to the mistaken idea that skin colour is of paramount importance. Its insane.

Should any man or woman be judged, for any reason, by the tone of their skin? Certainly not. The effects of such would be a disaster. Most human beings know that I would think. But...humans do come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Hell we even sound different. And what better way to deal with those differences, than to either make light of said differences, or to pay reverence to them...with simple LARPing.

I detest a lot of what Pixie-Dust does and stands for...but the reaction to his LARPing was childish, and PP is going to regret having said this.

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not in complete agreement with PP on this one. Just as I never really thought Pixie-Dust in blackface years ago at a costume party, was offensive and something to be made a big deal of.

Somehow...people have taken to the mistaken idea that skin colour is of paramount importance. Its insane.

Should any man or woman be judged, for any reason, by the tone of their skin? Certainly not. The effects of such would be a disaster. Most human beings know that I would think. But...humans do come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Hell we even sound different. And what better way to deal with those differences, than to either make light of said differences, or to pay reverence to them...with simple LARPing.

I detest a lot of what Pixie-Dust does and stands for...but the reaction to his LARPing was childish, and PP is going to regret having said this.

I don't think pp gives a damn about the blacface.  And most conservatives didn't - even during the election scheer basically said several times he didn't think it was a big deal but what pissed him off is that trudeau lied about it and then lied about how many times and his apology is pretty hollow.

However - the thing is that the liberals and their supports do think blackface is  a big deal and have MANY times demanded that conservatives step down for doing what THEY consider to be LESS of an offense.

So what he is saying is if the media is going to give the conservatives a tough time on racism just for meeting with someone the left doesn't like, how do they justify giving Justin a free ride on what he did?

42 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I don't think pp gives a damn about the blacface.  And most conservatives didn't - even during the election scheer basically said several times he didn't think it was a big deal but what pissed him off is that trudeau lied about it and then lied about how many times and his apology is pretty hollow.

However - the thing is that the liberals and their supports do think blackface is  a big deal and have MANY times demanded that conservatives step down for doing what THEY consider to be LESS of an offense.

So what he is saying is if the media is going to give the conservatives a tough time on racism just for meeting with someone the left doesn't like, how do they justify giving Justin a free ride on what he did?

Most of the Canadian media is nothing more than a Libbie sounding board. Let them be hypocrites if they need...which they constantly do.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Most of the Canadian media is nothing more than a Libbie sounding board. Let them be hypocrites if they need...which they constantly do.

Well they do influence people. So it is kind of important to call them on their bullcrap. But it looks bad to the public to just do that, so he does it in a round about way like this and its considered funny and clever instead of just hostile. It's effective.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well they do influence people. So it is kind of important to call them on their bullcrap. But it looks bad to the public to just do that, so he does it in a round about way like this and its considered funny and clever instead of just hostile. It's effective.

Meh...maybe I live in too much of a black and white world. I thought he should have just ignored such a dumb-ass question.

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Meh...maybe I live in too much of a black and white world. I thought he should have just ignored such a dumb-ass question.

Sadly in our media driven world that leads to the media giving the public the impression that they're all just racists - which is basically what happened to scheer. Remember they'd been asking that question for days, it wasn't going away. It died after that answer tho :)

It's the game. And it's critical to be able to play it well especially during elections. Scheer got hammered when he didnt' have an answer ready for the abortion question which everyone knew would be coming. o'toole got murdered looking wishy washy over the gun question.  They're already trying to paint PP as a convoy enthusiast and racist, you have to have an answer for that or you get creamed. So fortunately he had a pretty good response.

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sadly in our media driven world that leads to the media giving the public the impression that they're all just racists - which is basically what happened to scheer. Remember they'd been asking that question for days, it wasn't going away. It died after that answer tho :)

It's the game. And it's critical to be able to play it well especially during elections. Scheer got hammered when he didnt' have an answer ready for the abortion question which everyone knew would be coming. o'toole got murdered looking wishy washy over the gun question.  They're already trying to paint PP as a convoy enthusiast and racist, you have to have an answer for that or you get creamed. So fortunately he had a pretty good response.

One he may regret in time.

4 hours ago, Benz said:

Maybe. I was relying on the comparison between the elections regarding the comments and motivations of their choices. Maybe I misread. Then I would ask you, what did Harper offered more when he got elected vs when he did not. What Poilievre should have offer the last time that he did not.

Not afraid, exasperated. When Trump wanted to renegotiate the free trade treaty, Trudeau chose to sacrifice Québec's economy on both the milk industry and steel. Ottawa always take decisions to weaken Quebec and then the bashers complain that Quebec receive too much equalization. But when the time comes to spend money against Quebec instead working with Quebec (Muskrat Falls and the electric line to avoid Quebec), it's a blank check with unlimited funds. Usually, this is the time where you remind us that back when Chretien and Martin were in power, they were giving subsides to their personal friends in Quebec and although only those friends could benefit from that money at the expense of honest businessmen, you pleased yourself to think we were all sucking money from your pockets, although we never saw the colour of it.

Same old, same old...

Harper offer change, but don't think for a moment harper won that election becasue Quebec was sick of the liberals... come on... 

Really milk and steel, you seem to forget that milk was sacrificed by a couple of percentage points, to placate the Americans it was what they were demanding... lets not forget that milk is also a Ontario industry as well, It is the federal government that developed the dairy cartel to what it is today...And it is the cartel that keeps that Industry in Quebec while others are not allow to participate. 

your going to bring up Muskrat falls, after Quebec deliberately screwed them on the original power project for 50 years, giving back NFLD only a small fraction of the profits...and then wonder why they might want to seek another route... And if the feds wanted to screw you on this they would have funded the entire under water cable to the Maritimes and sold NB, PEI, NS, and Maine the cheap electrical power. Quebec wants it all so it can sell the Maritimes the same power for more..  thats not cooperation but just plain greed...

Quebec companies are receiving federal funding and that means jobs in Quebec, stop playing the victim here. or acting like things are so bad in Quebec, when other provinces are much worse off, and don't complain half as much.. 

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah man...the left hates trust...only the RIGHT and the CENTRE care about it.

That's funny all right.  

How else do explain how liberal voters continue to vote for lies and deceit, i mean one day Justin is telling everyone he was not briefed on china, the next day we find out yes he was several times, LIES... and the liberal voter continues to support this crap...so YA when it comes to trust, good moral values, they got none... 

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How else do explain how liberal voters continue to vote for lies and deceit, i mean one day Justin is telling everyone he was not briefed on china, the next day we find out yes he was several times, LIES... and the liberal voter continues to support this crap...so YA when it comes to trust, good moral values, they got none... 

the current version of the left has amazing powers of self deception and is focused on 'muh feels' rather than facts. So for them there is no corruption. The china thing is sticking a bit but honestly - they can simply say 'it's just a right wing talking point" and then say "look! PP will sell us to the russians FOR SURE and also ban all human rights so no matter what we can't vote for him".

It is very unfortunate. Their leader can do no wrong essentially because it can be dismissed if you don't care about facts.

20 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Same way that Conservative voters can continue to vote for lies and deceit, and how Republicans in the US can keep voting for lies and deceit, and how Democrats do the same.  

Some people are just hopelessly partisan and only ever vote for one party no matter what ?.  

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Same way that Conservative voters can continue to vote for lies and deceit,

But they don't. In fact they've been known on more than one occasion to completely destroy their party rather than continue to vote for corrupt versions of it.

Federally there's the old PC party - When they became corrupt the voters reduced them to 4 seats and started a new party that eventualy absorbed them.

It's the same provincially  too - the socreds were wiped out when it was percieved they were corrupt in bc for example.

And least we forget - provincially the ndp voters have been willing to do the same to their party when corruption shows it's head.

No - it's just the liberal party in Canada that keeps voting again and again for corruption in gov't. They are unique in that respect.