Are there real Canadians here?

14 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Not for me.  I can see wanting to prevent barbaric cultural practices from ever taking hold, but as someone who dispassionately watched a thousand years of character and heritage disappearing, I'm not going to lose any sleep over a couple of hundred years of the same.

I can see being upset at immigration policies that are there solely to benefit the party in power, as some seem to think is the case. 

Well, that's you. I don't want to get into talking points some people on the fringes so often misuse but people have different kinds of personalities. Some are more accepting of a society filled with people who are far different than they are in looks, style, dress, habits, language, beliefs, etc. And some are not. A substantial number, in fact. Studies show that most people prefer to live among those who are much like they are. In the US they're noticing more liberal people are moving to Liberal states while more conservative ones are moving to conservative states.

And that's just politics. Throw in enormous cultural beliefs and habits and it gets much worse. We're a tribal people, instinctively seeing others as 'us' or 'them'. Those not like us go into the 'them' category. And most people feel more comfortable around 'us'. That's not all people. Call them globalists if you want, but a lot of people don't seem to care who is around them, and have no difficulty living and thriving in Thailand or Japan or London or Rome. Maybe you're more akin to one of those. Nothing wrong with that. Just bear in mind many aren't like that. Their discomfort and unhappiness are real.

14 minutes ago, RedDog said:

You are dangerous.

I don't think I'm as dangerous as you...

20 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Just now. Five straight prime time television commercials featuring black actors. (I’ve noted the clients)

Where am I?

47 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Most of you are victims of indoctrination quietly over time. Imagine the destruction of children.

Bollocks.  You're an out an out bigot without any shame.  You think you have more right to live in Canada than people who are not white. Total bullsh!t.

I wouldn't let you near children.

18 hours ago, RedDog said:

Do they make, what percentage of the Canadian population?

About 3.5%

You'd never know it from commercials. Or from the news, for that matter. The media is still falling all over itself to show us how antiracist and virtuous they are by thrusting black actors, reporters and newsreaders in front of themselves as a shield at every possible opportunity. I told a liberal friend the number and she flat-out didn't believe it. God only knows what foreigners think looking at our TV. Probably that blacks make up 30%-40%  or more of the population.

Edited by I am Groot

15 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

About 3.5%

You'd never know it from commercials. Or from the news, for that matter. The media is still falling all over itself to show us how antiracist and virtuous they are by thrusting black actors, reporters and newsreaders in front of themselves as a shield at every possible opportunity. I told a liberal friend the number and she flat-out didn't believe it. God only knows what foreigners think looking at our TV. Probably that blacks make up 30%-40%  or more of the population.

It demonstrates the pitfalls of virtue signalling when it becomes a corporate message, purely intended to attract a certain crowd. But who, exactly?

Not the 3.5%, there's no big market share there.

The market is young adult whites. These displays, and at hockey games, are put out in order to appease the conscience of the me generation. So that they may buy their products and be entertained, witha clear conscience.

That means you people.

;) 

On 3/20/2023 at 8:36 PM, RedDog said:

Um, actually, this is a British Commonwealth Country. Duh.

No it's not, the British Commonwealth hasn't existed for almost 75 years.  The organization is called the Commonwealth of Nations, and all members are free and equal, and in no way subservient to the UK.  The British Empire is dead and WWII was the death wound.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:10 PM, Dougie93 said:

it is not one country

Canada is the only Confederation of the British Empire

Confederation means what it says

Canada is several countries bound together in a federation

in essence, like the European Union of North America

You mean like....The UNITED STATES of America?   Do you know what the legal definition of a "state" is?  Lol.  What rubbish.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:10 PM, Dougie93 said:

the aspect most enchanting to me now, simply being Quebec nationalism

because Quebec is the strongest nation within Confederation

so strong, that Quebec refused to sign the Canada Act 1982, and has the resolve to ignore it as they like

Quebec declines to join the Post National State, and defies that fake country to do something about it

that Quebec is  in fact still governed by the British North America Act 1867

with its own direct relationship with the monarch bypassing Ottawa

I have told you before "Dougie" that this is untrue and yet you still repeat these lies.  The Constitution Act, 1982 is legally binding to all provinces, regardless of who signed or didn't sign it.  Any province can use the notwithstanding clause in the Charter, Quebec is not "special" in any legal regard.  You don't need 100% of the provinces to consent in order to amend the constitution.  The Queen signed off on it, its binding.  Where do you come up with these fantastical nuggets of nonsense?

Talking like a Russia or Chinese paid actor again.  Even an (alleged military) vet, just like Tulsi Gabbard!

To change the Constitution using the general formula, the change needs to be approved by 1) the federal Parliament, 2) the Senate, and 3) a minimum number of provincial legislatures. There must be at least seven provinces that approve the change, representing at least 50% of Canada's population.

https://www.constitutionalstudies.ca/ccs-term/amending-formula/?print=print-search

17 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Talking like a Russia or Chinese paid actor again. 

Canada,  having dismantled its military to the point of being incapable of providing meaningful national defence

Canada,  which is reported by Canadian Security Intelligence Service whistleblowers

to be under the undue influence of the Chinese Communists in Beijing

pretty sure the pro-Russia / China position

would be supporting Communist sympathizing free rider Canada, the weakest link in the NATO alliance

with "allies" like Canada, who needs the Soviets ?

Edited by Dougie93

17 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The British Empire is dead

Really??   What gave you that idea?   We are a country built on the European founding fathers.  We have a King who is headquartered in the United Kingdom and speak the same language.  When the British took over British North America the official state religion was Christianity, at least in name.   

Unfortunately we tried to absorb Quebec into British North America and after we formed Confederation (Canada), Quebec pretty well took over control.  But Canada as a whole is still built on the settlement of the European founding people as much as liberals and left hate to admit that and have been working to change it ever since by mass immigration from the heathen third world.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

We are a country built on the European founding fathers.

one father conquering the other

Hanover conquers Bourbon

Major George Washington inciting the Seven Years War at Jumonville Glen in Nouvelle France,  28 May 1754

Major General James Wolfe defeats the Marquis de Montcalm at the Plains of Abraham, 13 September 1759

Canada & India are signed over to the British by the French, in the Treaty of Paris 1763

the basis of all Canadian constitutional law, the only claim the Crown has upon these lands therein

On 3/5/2023 at 12:03 AM, NYLefty said:

The reason I ask is that down in the lowlife 48 here the media seems to keep your country shrouded in mystery with our right wing telling scary stories of a healthcare system that lets the elderly die, and letting people die waiting for medical treatments, and has Canadians scrambling across the border for proper healthcare. Can anyone elaborate on Canada's healthcare system? Because I'd really like to hear opinions on the Canadian healthcare system from someone other than an American.

You should be way more worried about racial division and left-wing hate-mongering imo, but everything you said about healthcare here is true to some extent, although sometimes it's just common sense.

Eg, triage is the most important aspect of healthcare, so do elderly get left to die? Of course, sometimes. Some people are beyond saving and medical resources spent on them would be unavailable for others who would surely live a long time. If I'm in the hospital at 85 I will understand if Drs opt to save an 8 yr old instead. Its a tough decision that Drs have to make all the time, but not something that we like to think about them doing.

Of course some Canadians do head across the border for healthcare, because if you have money you can go to the front of the line in the US, and you can't do that to the same extent here. For example, you could opt to pay for an MRI here instead of waiting a few months, and as soon as your DR got the results back he could book you for the next procedure, so you'd hop in front of the people still waiting for an MRI, but unless you're really someone here you can't buy your way to the front of the line for a surgery or something like that.

There are stories that medical professionals here are counselling people to choose medically assisted suicide even when it's not that person's own choice: 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/veterans-maid-rcmp-investigation-1.6663885

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/paralympian-trying-to-get-wheelchair-ramp-says-veterans-affairs-employee-offered-her-assisted-dying-1.6179325

https://nationalpost.com/news/canadian-veterans-assisted-suicide

If it happened to them, it probably happened to other people too. 

On 3/5/2023 at 5:41 PM, Goddess said:

Canadian hospitals have been "overwhelmed" every flu season for years.

It's just no one cared before covid.

Is it really 'covid' or is it just the baby boomers?

In every decade since 1950 the number of baby boomers dictated all kinds of social and monetary trends. At first they were all in diapers and baby buggies, then they were all getting toys, then they were all going to burger joints and buying cars, etc, etc. They drove the economy. 

Now they're at the age when the flu is enough to drive them over the brink.

ScreenShot2023-03-26at3_47_30PM.thumb.png.74ae8d87faf426106880046f4663fdab.png

"Science" could have predicted these "bad flu seasons" back in 1970. It undoubtedly did.  

No doubt Big Pharma knew that the bloated population totals in the older age brackets were going to push flu-deaths higher and higher as the boomers started to get to the age where they were cashing in their chips. 

They've been lobbying for mandatory juicing for a long time now. This is their chance to get everyone hooked on their juice. 

24 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

one father conquering the other

Hanover conquers Bourbon

Major George Washington inciting the Seven Years War at Jumonville Glen in Nouvelle France,  28 May 1754

Major General James Wolfe defeats the Marquis de Montcalm at the Plains of Abraham, 13 September 1759

Canada & India are signed over to the British by the French, in the Treaty of Paris 1763

the basis of all Canadian constitutional law, the only claim the Crown has upon these lands therein

Why do liberals, left, and Papists want Canada to become a third world banana republic?  They want to bring in a vast numbers of immigrants and migrants from the third world a  year.  We simply don't have the infrastructure and resources to support them.

Edited by blackbird

52 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why do liberals, left, and Papists want Canada to become a third world banana republic?  They want to bring in a vast numbers of immigrants and migrants from the third world a  year.  We simply don't have the infrastructure and resources to support them.

Hanover was the Protestant Reformation incarnate, Lutheran & Calvinist

defeating the Sun King of Bourbon at Versailles

the Glorious Revolution which founded our Parliamentary Supremacy & associated Confederation

was a Protestant revolution against Roman Catholic autocracy

Orange Order of Upper Canada

Nec Aspera Terrent

Edited by Dougie93
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Anyone who says they believe in separation of church and state but welcomes and partakes in a papal visit and supports paying the 35 million dollars of taxpayer money for it, is a liar and a hypocrite.

Don't be silly. WE may believe in the seperation of church and state but the pope represents a church AND a state. Did you forget Vatican City is it's own country? We accept representatives from all kinds of countries and we pay for their security.

Further i believe the last visit was also highly anticipated by the first nations for various reasons and was important for more than just religious reasons. F

Fourth - the Catholic church still weilds much power and influence around the world and maintaining relations is important.

And finally - we've had religious and spiritual leaders appear as guests to the country at our expense many times, this is no different. I don't hear you demanding to tally up what the dalai lama's visit cost us.

Dignitaries visit and when they do we provide security as does virtually every country in the world. get over it.