Jump to content

What is the issue with policing in the USA?


What is the issue with policing in America?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I see. So it's no longer a general issue with policing in America then.

You've seen incidents in America where you see America specific problems with some policing and you would like "politicians and activists" to fix those.

You're just talking about what you call "flaws." Specifically then, what flaws?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I see. So it's no longer a general issue with policing in America then.

You've seen incidents in America where you see America specific problems with some policing and you would like "politicians and activists" to fix those.

You're just talking about what you call "flaws." Specifically then, what flaws?

One flaw is that some media is using rotten corrupt individual police officers to push left-wing points like abolishing police. 

So in order for this marketing not to happen, the unions SHOULD DO THEIR JOB and fire uneducated thugs cops is my take. 

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough. In fact, it almost sounds like you're agreeing with me.

I can think of another one. Speaking of specific ones do you remember the one where the Somalian cop shot that Australian woman in her pajamas? Apparently he'd done stupid things before.

On my side of the aisle they were pointing at affirmative action hires.

I'm not saying that's the only problem with policing in America. I'm saying in Minneapolis that may have been one problem at one time.

But yeah, the union did it's best to protect the guy in that case, as I recall.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But yeah, the union did it's best to protect the guy in that case, as I recall.

Let us look at Derek Chauvin's thugery:

Complaints of misconduct: Chauvin had received at least 18 complaints filed with the Minneapolis Police Department's Internal Affairs division throughout his career, though he was only disciplined for two of them.

so what if the other cop was black? Union politics is not about race, that is political. Union is protecting their own, regardless.

Maybe an AI police will do. Better than emotional cops.  

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Well, actually that would be a misunderstanding not a strawman.

So you're not saying "all cops are bad then?"

Very well, answer the poll question again then, "What is the issue with policing in America?"

 The premise there appears to be there is a general issue specifically with policing in America. In America as opposed to any place else.

It also appeared to me that you were falling in line with that premise and telling me that the fact you could find videos online of bad policing proved it.

But now you say, 'no, that wasn't what you meant." I assume you're saying now you were only talking about the incidents of bad policing caught on video and those are the specific ones you want to fix.

That's good. Because I've also seen many examples of good policing on video. Also police who were accused of bad policing but the police cam disproved any malfeasance.

I'm hopeful you and the OP aren't wanting to fix those as well.

There is an option in the poll for "There is no issue" But that would be disingenuous from your perspective because according to you now, you're just talking about the incidents of bad policing you saw on YouTube.

The Blue Wall of Silence issue is nearly universal in America, so that is ONE example of MOST all cops being bad.

Not that they DO bad things, but they DON'T STOP other cops from doing bad things.

16 cops lied in their reports about what happened to Laquan McDonald when he was shot in the back by a cop in the middle of a Chicago street. Release of the body cam video was delayed for over a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Let us look at Derek Chauvin's thugery:

Complaints of misconduct: Chauvin had received at least 18 complaints filed with the Minneapolis Police Department's Internal Affairs division throughout his career, though he was only disciplined for two of them.

so what if the other cop was black? Union politics is not about race, that is political. Union is protecting their own, regardless.

Maybe an AI police will do. Better than emotional cops.  

Separate incident. Proves nor disproves nothing.

That guy who shot Ashli Babbit had a record of carelessness. I wonder if he was a diversity hire. He didn't appear to be a very good cop. Again, proves nor disproves nothing. Just another thing to think about.

The cops with Chauvin were black, oriental and 2 whites. Chauvin was hired pre-affirmative action push in 2001.

These were the guys that beat Tyre Nichols to death:

hypatia-h-e5c015aca9c64bf660bf6f23833076

I don't want to harp on the affirmative action thing. I'm just saying a lot of things can go wrong in the cop business. If you want to focus on one and make it look like the only one you can do that. You shouldn't, but you can.

BTW, Cops aren't all saints here in Canada either. I'm pretty sure police unions aren't just a problem in America.

Edited by Infidel Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Separate incident. Proves nor disproves nothing.

Please don't drag me into January 6th as you know my views already. It will waste an opportunity to exchange information.

One can go to the FBI page and see who they are looking for. 

My question is, did the police officers which happened to be black, that were caught on camera, did they have priors incidents and the unions did not do their jobs? That is something I will look into it. 

Also, the same tribe crime is the worst. I know myself, if I see someone from my own community talking about fascism or communism will tear them apart even more than someone that is born here.

The same happened with these cops vs the arrestee is my estimation. 

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said, I'm not even saying affirmative action hiring is a big problem. I'm saying there's a good possibility of varied problems and not just in America. Pretty sure our cops have unions here too, if that's what you're worried about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

affirmative action

Let's talk about it. 

I am one that has the view: best to rule thinking. The most qualified to rule! Productivity only!

But at the same time, if 100 WHITE cops are better than a black cop, what do you think is going to happen when you send a white cop to some areas in Chicago? 

I think there is a reason for affirmative action in policing, that is different than engineering as example, affirmative action inside the police provides better practical solutions for communities. 

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

Only if they have evidence which MIGHT be provided by other cops present at the bust. AKA, NOT Blue Wall of Silence

Give us some evidence of that, since you're such an expert.

You should be able to find some cases in cyberspace, from some sources other than THE VIEW.

Prove it, or admit you are making it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Give us some evidence of that, since you're such an expert.

You should be able to find some cases in cyberspace, from some sources other than THE VIEW.

Prove it, or admit you are making it up.

Ok listen, leave the middle class, look, come here and debate like a reasonable man: 

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/43574--/#comment-1570818

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Prove it.

Didn't know you were also a bootlicker.

Go watch the video of the cop who kneeled on George Floyd's neck until he was lifeless, and then observe all the cops standing around him doing nothing about it.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2021/12/09/blue-wall-police-misconduct-whistleblower-retaliation/8836387002/

Edited by Moonlight Graham
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Yes, NBC is a SERIOUS news reporting source, UNLIKE FOX LIES.

Really?

Reporting bias: In 2012, NBC was accused of editing a 911 call made by George Zimmerman, who was later acquitted of charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. NBC edited the call to make it sound as though Zimmerman had specifically identified Martin's race when he had not. The editing was widely criticized for being misleading and potentially inflaming racial tensions.

Corporate bias: In 2010, NBC was accused of pulling a story about Comcast's plans to impose usage-based pricing on its internet service. Critics accused NBC of pulling the story because Comcast, which owns NBC, was a potential advertiser.

Geographic bias: In 2017, NBC was criticized for its coverage of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. Critics accused the network of not giving enough coverage to the devastation caused by the storm and of not sending reporters to the island to cover the aftermath. Some critics attributed this lack of coverage to geographic bias and a lack of understanding of the challenges facing Puerto Rico.

You want more?

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Really?

Reporting bias: In 2012, NBC was accused of editing a 911 call made by George Zimmerman, who was later acquitted of charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. NBC edited the call to make it sound as though Zimmerman had specifically identified Martin's race when he had not. The editing was widely criticized for being misleading and potentially inflaming racial tensions.

Corporate bias: In 2010, NBC was accused of pulling a story about Comcast's plans to impose usage-based pricing on its internet service. Critics accused NBC of pulling the story because Comcast, which owns NBC, was a potential advertiser.

Geographic bias: In 2017, NBC was criticized for its coverage of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. Critics accused the network of not giving enough coverage to the devastation caused by the storm and of not sending reporters to the island to cover the aftermath. Some critics attributed this lack of coverage to geographic bias and a lack of understanding of the challenges facing Puerto Rico.

You want more?

Yeah, I want MORE than "accused" and "criticized" of "not giving enough coverage."

Meanwhile, Fox HOSTS were promoting stories they KNEW were FALSE that are much more important than what YOU found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a coworker who told me he’d worked as a security guard at a Macy’s department store when he was in high school.  
 

I remarked that it must have been difficult to spot the shoplifters. 
 

“No,” he said, “We just followed the black people around.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

Yes, NBC is a SERIOUS news reporting source, UNLIKE FOX LIES.

Of course YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, which is why you watch Fox LIES.

There is no such thing as Fox Lies. Fox is the ONLY reliable news source the ONLY one educated people go to for news and information.  Maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of the third grade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rebound said:

I had a coworker who told me he’d worked as a security guard at a Macy’s department store when he was in high school.  
 

I remarked that it must have been difficult to spot the shoplifters. 
 

“No,” he said, “We just followed the black people around.”

So, what are you saying, that people zero in on African Americans? In 2023, in America?

Not everyone lives in the 0 vs 1 world in my opinion. That is the paranoia that MSNBC sells on the left, just like Fox on the right in my estimation.

--->

<---

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,538
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    mercurygermes
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Tony Hladun went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • J.Bob earned a badge
      First Post
    • mercurygermes earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • rigel earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • impartialobserver went up a rank
      Experienced
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...