Why Does 40% Of Gen Z Identify as LGBT?

Deluge

Interesting take from Matt Walsh that is definitely worth a viewing. 

I found the info somewhat jarring and thoughts of my 10 year old son came to mind: how much, if any, of this radically sexualized bullsh!t is he getting?

Edited by Deluge

37 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

30% of young Christians too...

The host mentions this in his video.

Right now, doctors are being silenced if any dare ring any alarms about gender reassignment at a young age or pushing a trans agenda heavily on kids who don't have the cognitive ability to think for themselves, let alone understand their sexual orientation.

So many teachers are aggressively pushing this onto kids. 

Watching that child in the video reminded me of myself as a kid. I loved playing with my sisters dolls, and thought makeup and nail polish was awesome.

I was a child, so curious and grew up around girls, so what do you expect?

My mother was quick to remind me that I was a boy, but allowed me to play with dolls and just be myself.

I look at some of the kids today, and I likely would have been mistaken as trans or gay, even though I'm fully masculine and proudly male.

Of course, a significant percentage of these kids am sure, are just comfortable enough to come out.

However, am sure just like all the "bi" girls I went to high school with who quickly grew out of it, are doing it to fit in.

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

The host mentions this in his video.

Right now, doctors are being silenced if any dare ring any alarms about gender reassignment at a young age or pushing a trans agenda heavily on kids who don't have the cognitive ability to think for themselves, let alone understand their sexual orientation.

So many teachers are aggressively pushing this onto kids. 

Watching that child in the video reminded me of myself as a kid. I loved playing with my sisters dolls, and thought makeup and nail polish was awesome.

I was a child, so curious and grew up around girls, so what do you expect?

My mother was quick to remind me that I was a boy, but allowed me to play with dolls and just be myself.

I look at some of the kids today, and I likely would have been mistaken as trans or gay, even though I'm fully masculine and proudly male.

Of course, a significant percentage of these kids am sure, are just comfortable enough to come out.

However, am sure just like all the "bi" girls I went to high school with who quickly grew out of it, are doing it to fit in.

I didn't watch the video.  I never do.

The article makes the point that many youngsters are simply bored with being straight and being gay, or at least bi, is a new, interesting, and probably rebellious thing.  It's telling how many "bi" people are in relationships with the opposite sex. 

41 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The article makes the point that many youngsters are simply bored with being straight

Being part of the LGBTQ community is trendy right now. Nothing wrong with this. Issue is, should surgery occur to those who are following the trend, and not really trans. I don't see any issues, for someone experimenting with their sexuality, however.

3 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Being part of the LGBTQ community is trendy right now. Nothing wrong with this. Issue is, should surgery occur to those who are following the trend, and not really trans. I don't see any issues, for someone experimenting with their sexuality, however.

Surgery is a personal choice.  One that should only be made by an adult, imo.

Edit> Always allowing for exceptional cases, of course.

Edited by bcsapper

1 - you watched a YouTube and consider it "info". Do you believe those FB ads for $29 electric scooters, $20 brand new laptops and tying 2 electric motors back to back to make free electricity too?

Though it's probably somewhat accurate as it's no shame to be bi these days and that would make up most.
And it takes a real prude to think identifying as such is sexualizing anyone's 10 year old.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Moral panic.

Ignore.

Unless you think that YOU could be convinced to change your sexual preference.  I which case you're probably bi.

I think its a bit more complex than that.  Gen Z are very young.  Young people are still figuring out their identity, including sexual identity.  I'm sure its confusing for many.  It was for me as a teen, you haven't really figured out who you are.  But I also think we still need to talk about these things in schools.

There's probably more % of people who were cross dressers and bi folks etc than we knew previously.  But then just because you like to sometimes dress in drag doesn't mean you're trans.  See, its confusing.  Some probably aren't actually LGBT but will experiment at that age, which is probably better than being LGBT and suppressing it.

I think some fear young people are being brainwashed by ideology, and an agenda is being pushed.  There's a fine line between being open and tolerant vs exposing a child to something that isn't appropriate for their age.

The rate in change seems massive.  About 20% of Gen Z identify as LGBT, , about 11% for millennials, but only 3% of Gen X do.  That's significant.  It doesn't hurt to examine what exactly is happening, and whether 100% of this change is healthy progress.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 3:03 PM, impartialobserver said:

I have a hard time buying into this 40% number. Yes, I know that it comes from a published source. Not all sources produce substantial content. 

I actually think that's an undercount. For most of history, bisexuality was almost as common as heterosexuality. 

Edited by Americana Antifa

On 3/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

I think its a bit more complex than that.  Gen Z are very young.  Young people are still figuring out their identity, including sexual identity.  I'm sure its confusing for many.  It was for me as a teen, you haven't really figured out who you are.  But I also think we still need to talk about these things in schools.

There's probably more % of people who were cross dressers and bi folks etc than we knew previously.  But then just because you like to sometimes dress in drag doesn't mean you're trans.  See, its confusing.  Some probably aren't actually LGBT but will experiment at that age, which is probably better than being LGBT and suppressing it.

I think some fear young people are being brainwashed by ideology, and an agenda is being pushed.  There's a fine line between being open and tolerant vs exposing a child to something that isn't appropriate for their age.

The rate in change seems massive.  About 20% of Gen Z identify as LGBT, , about 11% for millennials, but only 3% of Gen X do.  That's significant.  It doesn't hurt to examine what exactly is happening, and whether 100% of this change is healthy progress.

Not in schools. Those kinds of conversations are best had within circles of friends, the parents, or therapists depending on the severity of the situation. 

People are investing way too much expectation in the school systems when the schools should really be teaching kids about basic subjects and helping parents teach their kids how to behave in civilized society. 

Edited by Deluge

On 3/4/2023 at 11:22 AM, bcsapper said:

A stark reminder that parents need to pull their heads out of their a$$es. That figure should be around 3% or less across the board. 

Edited by Deluge

• 4 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, Deluge said:

parents teach their kids how to behave in civilized society. 

Giving that power to the government and educational systems, is how you destroy a society, by investing heavily on beginning this destruction at the roots.

No better way to destroy one's identity, than to change the language as well as call into question anything you ever knew about it. Throw in moral high ground, and dire consequences for questioning anything, and fighting it becomes futile.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Perspektiv said:

Giving that power to the government and educational systems, is how you destroy a society, by investing heavily on beginning this destruction at the roots.

No better way to destroy one's identity, than to change the language as well as call into question anything you ever knew about it. Throw in moral high ground, and dire consequences for questioning anything, and fighting it becomes futile.

It doesn't have to be futile.  

Google Vivek Ramaswamy. He's running for President. You'll be pleasantly surprised over what he is planning to do after he gets into office.