Dilbert Gets Canceled

Comic strip Dilbert has been canceled by hundreds of newspapers nationwide in the wake of a racist tirade comic Scott Adams unleashed during an online chat. 

After calling Black Americans a “hate group,“ he went on to say that, “I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” and, “based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from Black people. Just get the f*** away. Wherever you have to go, just get away. Because there’s no fixing this. This can’t be fixed… It makes no sense to help Black Americans if you’re white.”

He went on to say, “You should absolutely be racist whenever it’s to your advantage” and that any change in society is a “racist change,” including changing the tax codes.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...well...I don't agree with Adams...but this sort of reaction was inevitable.

I wonder what pushed people like Adams to this point? Has he always been an outwardly racist person? Or have recent events pushed him to this point?

He’s been a crackpot for a while.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Define "a while". Just when did Adams start voicing such opinions publicly?

For instance, in 2020 he said that if Joe Biden won, Republicans would be “hunted” and the police would “stand down.”  Hasn’t happened.  

He compared women demanding equal pay to children demanding candy.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

For instance, in 2020 he said that if Joe Biden won, Republicans would be “hunted” and the police would “stand down.”  Hasn’t happened.  

He compared women demanding equal pay to children demanding candy.  

2020...interesting.

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Comic strip Dilbert has been canceled by hundreds of newspapers nationwide in the wake of a racist tirade comic Scott Adams unleashed during an online chat. 

After calling Black Americans a “hate group,“ he went on to say that, “I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” and, “based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from Black people. Just get the f*** away. Wherever you have to go, just get away. Because there’s no fixing this. This can’t be fixed… It makes no sense to help Black Americans if you’re white.”

He went on to say, “You should absolutely be racist whenever it’s to your advantage” and that any change in society is a “racist change,” including changing the tax codes.

Holy crap. That's awful. What an unlikely villain to emerge at this time.

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

Good Lord. 

That dude needs medication. lol

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

What may have sent him over the edge was a Rasmussen poll with some interesting numbers.

Not really. 
The poll asked black people what they think about an expression used by white supremacists. Besides that, reacting by calling for racial segregation is way over the top. We used to have legalized racial discrimination in this country and it was a horrible, horrible thing. 

Edited by Rebound

Not sure I agree with what he is saying, but I would consider BLM a hate group (in that their fight isn't about protecting black life--its about destroying social order and imposing their own ideology which actually destroys black communities when put into action). That along with their shady money management, and calling anyone questioning any of their motives racist (or questioning your skin color like myself, if black).

But to lump an entire community in his tirade, isn't a bright move if you're selling something on a mass scale.

I never really liked Dilbert anyways.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Not sure I agree with what he is saying, but I would consider BLM a hate group (in that their fight isn't about protecting black life--its about destroying social order and imposing their own ideology which actually destroys black communities when put into action). That along with their shady money management, and calling anyone questioning any of their motives racist (or questioning your skin color like myself, if black).

But to lump an entire community in his tirade, isn't a bright move if you're selling something on a mass scale.

I never really liked Dilbert anyways.

Nice try.  I get it… Derail the convo into what BLM is it isn’t. Start a different BLM thread.  

For once, we all seem to agree on something. Let’s keep it that way.  

Edited by Rebound

14 hours ago, ironstone said:

What may have sent him over the edge was a Rasmussen poll with some interesting numbers.

Here’s the poll that set Adams’ head on fire:

”It’s ok to be white”

53% Agree

26% Disagree

21% Not Sure

Knowing that this is a white supremacist phrase, do you think black people would approve of it?

This should make all of us very untrusting of Rasmussen Reports from now on. They clearly used this poll to mislead people. If you look at Rasmussen’s Twitter post about the poll, they sure as heck didn’t mention that it’s a phrase commonly used by white supremacists. And of course they didn’t ask black people if they were aware that white supremacists used the phrase. The purpose of a survey is not to try to “prove” that people think differently from the way they actually think.

Here’s the thing: “It’s OK to be white” is a phrase invented by white supremacists: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/its-okay-be-white

”The phrase “It’s Okay To Be White” is a slogan popularized in late 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the controversial discussion forum 4chan. The original idea behind the campaign was to choose an ostensibly innocuous and inoffensive slogan, put that slogan on fliers bereft of any other words or imagery, then place the fliers in public locations.

White supremacists had themselves used the phrase in the past—including on fliers—long before the 4chan campaign originated.”

• Thanks 1