CSIS: Liberal MP is alleged Chinese agent, Trudeau ignored warnings

9 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Perhaps if your nose is rubbed in the Liberal stench enough, you'll quit sh!t!ng on the carpet by voting for Trudeau.

Go perch and rotateĀ 

You should talking about more robust institutions of transparency and accountability instead of throwing out bullhunks.

Voting for Trudeau ?

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The question I would have is how is "national security" harmed by Canadians knowing the details of the Chinese Communist Party interference?Ā  How else are Canadians going to figure out how to defend Canada's democratic system from foreign interference?Ā  Obviously bureaucrats and CSIS are not able to protect it.Ā  If it to be protected, it has to be grass roots Canadians that know the details and do something about it.Ā  The interference is at local levels.

Sorry, can't answer that,Ā  that's a secret. Trust me.

The more info that comes out the more it seems Trudeau and/or the PMO and/or his government knew about this Chinese election interference and did nothing to stop it.

The Liberal Party and our government is compromised by our Chinese government enemies as we speak and it seems like our elected officials knowingly allowed it to occur in order to reap benefits.

A full criminal investigation needs to be conducted by the RCMP and those guilty within our government jailed, including our PM.

The NDP can't even defeat this gov based on it and trigger an election because our MPs & candidates and the electoral system itself is compromised by China.

This is just as bad if not worse than Trump/Russia, and there seems to be a lot more evidence and links here.

This may turn into the biggest political scandal in Canadian history.

Ā 

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It's starting to look worse and worse, really, but I don't think Trudeau has the intelligence or the judgment to know any better.Ā Ā 

He has this weird history of immediately doing things that look like a cover up even if he doesn't need to. Like when the military was looking at that sex case and he rushed out and denied his guy had heard of it and denied a bunch of other stuff when really all he had to say was 'the process was proceeding as per the protocol and we're satisified with that'. All the stuff he denied was utterly not relevant and THEN IT TURNED OUT TO BE ALL LIES and they DID know about it - so you lied about something that didn't matter, and now the controversy is about your lies even though you actually did nothing wrong!

Here, if he didn't have any collusion he's sure making it look like he did.

I hope it picks up steam. We both obviously agree this is a major major thing and people should be very upset about it, and if WE'RE agreeing on it it MUST be pretty damn serious :)

19 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Trending via The Star (<-LW)

Liberal MP calls China ā€˜an existential threat to Canadaā€™

• Influence networks backed by Chinaā€™s Communist Party rulers represent an ā€œexistential threatā€ to Canada, says the Liberal chair of the Commons national defence committee, as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau faced an uproar over allegations he was advised before the 2019 election the Chinese government was funding Canadian candidates.

The Liberal Party is an existential threat to Canada.

China is just doing what an enemy should be.Ā  The US does things like this all the time to other countries in order to further foreign policy objectives. But we don't have to have our PM and government officials complicit in it when our enemies do it to us.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Looks like maybe the cookie is starting to crumble already:

Liberal MP and former Foreign Affairs minister Marc Garneau is resigning his seat. Why?Ā  Why now?Ā  I could speculate he sees the sh*t hitting the fan and wants to avoid splashback.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/liberal-mp-marc-garneau-resigning-his-seat

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

If I wereĀ Poilievre, daily, would talk about the CCP scandal. Every day, even on Twitter. Repetition ingrains messages into people's minds, and voters will remember this one once they head over to the pools.Ā 

Ā 

Not me, I'm voting for my local Liberal MP so that Beijing can control me and my country.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It's starting to look worse and worse, really, but I don't think Trudeau has the intelligence or the judgment to know any better.Ā Ā 

The vast VAST majority of Canadians who don't demand better is making thing's worse.

I'm pretty sure most of the posters in this thread would have called me an anti-trade/capitalist commie when I was suggesting no truck nor trade with countries run by dictatorships including China 25 years ago.Ā Ā I'm also referred to as some sort of totalitarian for the things I suggest we do to our governmentĀ to make it transparent enough that we would have had Trudeau dead to rights back when the SNC/Lavalin affair broke.

The very fact that affair was even possible is a huge clue as to why we need the sort of institutions of accountability that would make Orwell himself blush.Ā  The situation with mistrust, misinformation and outright retarded bullshit polluting our info-sphere plus the obsessive secrecy baked into our governance and political systems is making it impossible for the 5th estate to do its job.Ā  We need a far more direct line that penetrates deep into our government's highest levels that every Canadian can tap into.

I know we're a mere 38 million against 380 MP's but surely it can't be that hard.

As for this latest scandal/affair whatever...it's pretty hard for me to get very worked up about it - we've seen it all before time and time again so it's probably the reluctance or unwillingness of Canadians to demand better and far more of it that leaves me feeling a little meh about the whole thing.

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Liberal Party is an existential threat to Canada.

It's the power we allow our government that's threatening.

Putting politicians in charge of all that power without proper oversight is like making nuclear plant workers do their jobs without shielding around the reactors. These usually also have all sorts of sensors located throughout to monitor for problems and lots of bells whistles and alarms to let everyone know about it.

They should have these things right?Ā ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm pretty sure most of the posters in this thread would have called me an anti-trade/capitalist commie when I was suggesting no truck nor trade with countries run by dictatorships including China

You can still do business with them without tolerating having them interfere with your elections. In fact doing business with them is a good idea as it at least gives you SOME power or leverage over them. If, for example, we said we were going to stop selling them oil or coal right now and ban exports of those products to them, that would actually have an impact.

So while i don't know i would have called you a "capitalist commie", i would have said you were wrong :) We should do business with such countries except for those items like militaryĀ  etc.Ā  But - that does NOT mean we shouldn't aggressively go after them when they pull this crap. Ā 

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The vast VAST majority of Canadians who don't demand better is making thing's worse.

I'm pretty sure most of the posters in this thread would have called me an anti-trade/capitalist commie when I was suggesting no truck nor trade with countries run by dictatorships including China 25 years ago.Ā Ā I'm also referred to as some sort of totalitarian for the things I suggest we do to our governmentĀ to make it transparent enough that we would have had Trudeau dead to rights back when the SNC/Lavalin affair broke.

The very fact that affair was even possible is a huge clue as to why we need the sort of institutions of accountability that would make Orwell himself blush.Ā  The situation with mistrust, misinformation and outright retarded bullshit polluting our info-sphere plus the obsessive secrecy baked into our governance and political systems is making it impossible for the 5th estate to do its job.Ā  We need a far more direct line that penetrates deep into our government's highest levels that every Canadian can tap into.

I know we're a mere 38 million against 380 MP's but surely it can't be that hard.

As for this latest scandal/affair whatever...it's pretty hard for me to get very worked up about it - we've seen it all before time and time again so it's probably the reluctance or unwillingness of Canadians to demand better and far more of it that leaves me feeling a little meh about the whole thing.

At least in the post-cold war era I don't remember enemies of the country infiltrating our governments and the highest levels being complicit for their own electoral gains.

The country itself demands we get worked up about this.Ā  This is one of the most important stories in modern Canadian history.Ā  This is the JWR scandal x1000.Ā  The implications are devastating and I doubt we've hardly scratched the surface on the scope of covert Chinese ops in our country.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

You can still do business with them without tolerating having them interfere with your elections.

Doing business will still provide them plenty of ability to mess with our governance via lobbyists.Ā But of course that's why I prescribe ending the practice of in-camera lobbying.

It was interesting that the thing that seemed to PO Xi Jinping the most about Trudeau was when he made the public aware of what they'd talked about in private.

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Doing business will still provide them plenty of ability to mess with our governance via lobbyists.Ā But of course that's why I prescribe ending the practice of in-camera lobbying.

Well even better ban it for 'less savory' countries. That's another way to smak them in the face

But we're not even close to THAT yet - we don't even have a law saying that chinese agents have to register in canada and say what they're doing - a law most other countries have.Ā  So even if we DO find one that's been influence peddling , we can't charge them or the like.

It's insane that we allow agents of the chinese gov't to operate here without any regulation. Hard enough to catch them but now even if we do we can't even say anything

We are starting to see more dribs and drabs of the Chinese interference.

"

Itā€™s also impossible for the Trudeau government to deny that whatever the scope and scale of the operation, Beijing desperately wanted the Liberals to win, and to specifically win at least minority-government status in the 2021 elections, and Beijing was ferociously determined that the Conservatives should lose.

That latter objective, on its own, hasnā€™t been subjected to much scrutiny. Whatā€™s been overlooked is a pro-Beijing influence operation that targeted the Conservatives, especially during the leadership of Erin Oā€™Toole, and the pro-Beijing forces werenā€™t finished with Oā€™Toole after the poll results came in on the night of Sept. 20, 2021.

Five months later, while everybodyā€™s attention was focused on the Truckist jamboree in Ottawa, Oā€™Toole was overthrown by his own caucus in a coup that featured Beijing-friendly activists playing aĀ background role.Ā By the time Oā€™Toole took the helm from Andrew Scheer in 2020, theyā€™d already taken over the old Chinese Canadian Conservative Association, and a wealthy Chinese property developer with deep connections in the Chinese Communist Party had gone so far as to set up at least ten ā€œChinese Conservativeā€ associations across the country."

Beijing simply could not abide Erin O'Toole's tough-on-China policies | National Post

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I have no faith in Canadians any more. Canadians will do nothing about this.Ā  They wouldn't know what to do about loss of freedoms if it took their jobs away, forced them to wear useless face diapers and locked them in their houses for 2 years.

Ā 

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I have no faith in Canadians any more. Canadians will do nothing about this.Ā  They wouldn't know what to do about loss of freedoms if it took their jobs away, forced them to wear useless face diapers and locked them in their houses for 2 years.

Well I often say truckin' and tradin' with dictatorships will only make us more Iike them the longer we do it - the very reverse of what freer trade with them was supposed to cause.Ā ?

In any case, I point to people like you as examples of the sort of casualties we can expect after decades of evasive governance and where disbelief becomes mistrust and where the absence of the straight goods in plain language creates a vacuum into which misinformation, nonsense and seriously confused thinking can expand and flourish.Ā Ā I usually get a chuckle from listening to people talk about how much deliberate brainwashing is going but then I feel a little chill wondering what decades of living in a poisonous toxic info-sphere might do.

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In any case, I point to people like you as examples of the sort of casualties we can expect after decades of evasive governance and where disbelief becomes mistrust and where the absence of the straight goods in plain language creates a vacuum into which misinformation, nonsense and seriously confused thinking can expand and flourish.

I'm more of a "Lie to me once, shame on you.Ā  Lie me to me 47 times....." type of person.

Sorry, I'm not like you.Ā  When the government lies to me 47 times, I don't believe them the 48th time.

The amount of lying that's gone on - I don't think it's the people who distrust who are the abnormal ones.Ā  The abnormal ones are the ones like you - who continue to buy everything the government sells you after repeatedly lying to you for 3 years.

I don't even blame the government, governments lie all the time.Ā  I blame people like you who keep believing them. People like you are the reason Canada is a mess.Ā  You buy every dog turd of misinformation the government tells you.

And no one has been bigger purveyors of misinformation in the last 3 years than the Trudeau government.

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Five months later, while everybodyā€™s attention was focused on the Truckist jamboree in Ottawa, Oā€™Toole was overthrown by his own caucus in a coup that featured Beijing-friendly activists playing aĀ background role.

No. Absolutely no.Ā  No times no to the power of oh hell no.

We kicked him out for perfectly good reasons and there was no 'china' element to it at all. He ran as a 'true blue' conservative who would wipe out any carbon tax.

THen 2 months later he proposed a carbon tax. People were willing to let that slide maybe..

then the election and he presents a VERY liberal budget. Welllllll.... MAYBE, if he gets elected on it it's ok, we can't do anything about it now...Ā 

THENĀ  he threw gun owners under the bus. Gun owners BUILT the CPC. MUCH of the success of the CPC came from gun owners and still does.

And then he had a horrible show in the last part of the election. Started off great, and died. Didn't have an answer to 'where's kenney'.

And still - there was at least a little willingness to consider keeping him IF he owned up to what he'd done, apologized and said what would be done different. Which is what harper did after his first loss. And he survived the leadership review nicely.

But NOOO - he doubled down and pretended he did really well and thereĀ  was NOTHING he did wrong and DIDN'T break his word.

Well that was what scheer did too and in the conservative party that means you're done. And THAT is why he is gone, and for no other reason.

China had crap all to do with it, by the end most of us would have happily slit his throat while he slept for his two-faced lying turncoat backstabbingĀ  bullcrap that would have served him better with the liberals who appreciate being lied to. Turfing him from the leadership was the LEAST that was going to happen to him, the jackass.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

I'm more of a "Lie to me once, shame on you.Ā  Lie me to me 47 times....." type of person.

Sorry, I'm not like you.Ā  When the government lies to me 47 times, I don't believe them the 48th time.

Did you even read what I wrote?Ā  Is it not bleedingly obvious to you how much I detest being mislead by the government and just how damaging I think that really is?

You don't have beliefs, your beliefs have you.

The amount of lying that's gone on - I don't think it's the people who distrust who are the abnormal ones.Ā  The abnormal ones are the ones like you - who continue to buy everything the government sells you after repeatedly lying to you for 3 years.

I don't even blame the government, governments lie all the time.Ā  I blame people like you who keep believing them. People like you are the reason Canada is a mess.Ā  You buy every dog turd of misinformation the government tells you.

It's absolutely phenomenal just how wrong you are about me with regard to trust in government.

I guess I should apologize for the many times I appeared to be supportive of Trudeau but I thought I made it clear I was actually being sarcastically contemptuous of the ridiculous sort of criticisms people like you level at him.Ā  I mean you were convinced he was on the verge of sending tanks out to crush the trucker's convoy FFS!Ā  Ā Ā 

And no one has been bigger purveyors of misinformation in the last 3 years than the Trudeau government.

Well, don't look now but misinformation and nonsense are getting worse not better so go figure.