CSIS: Liberal MP is alleged Chinese agent, Trudeau ignored warnings

This is insane.  Canadian Parliament has been compromised by Chinese state agents, and our PM has ignored CSIS warnings:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9504291/liberals-csis-warning-2019-election-candidate-chinese-interference/

Three weeks before Canada’s 2019 federal election, national security officials allegedly gave an urgent, classified briefing to senior aides from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office, warning them that one of their candidates was part of a Chinese foreign interference network.

National security officials also allege that Dong, now a sitting MP re-elected in 2021, is one of at least 11 Toronto-area riding candidates allegedly supported by Beijing in the 2019 contest. Sources say the service also believes Dong is a witting affiliate in China’s election interference networks.

Three sources with knowledge of the investigation said Dong emerged as a successor to MP Geng Tan as the 2019 Liberal candidate in ways the service found suspicious...

CSIS allegedly had intelligence that Beijing preferred Han Dong to Tan. “The Consulate was not pleased with Geng Tan’s performance,” a national security official aware of the service’s investigation told Global News.

And Chinese election tampering:

CSIS was also allegedly concerned about the Liberal Party’s nomination process. Among other irregularities observed in the September 2019 contest, sources say, was that Chinese international students with fake addresses were allegedly bussed into the riding and coerced to vote in Dong’s favour.

CSIS-suspected Chinese foreign agents have been accusing people of racism for their accusations.

Also, Trudeau himself and now this gem have been trying to label people bringing up foreign interference issues as using "Trump-style tactics" in order to shut people down.  So shameful:

At a recent House of Commons committee meeting, Liberal MP Jennifer O’Connell accused Conservative MPs of deploying “Trump-type tactics” by asking questions about foreign interference.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9512768/justin-trudeau-china-election-interference-public-inquiry/

Nobody cares. It's been a couple of days now and the mainstream media is like "Ho hum". Hardly a thing about this is appearing anywhere. A Liberal MP is, according to CSIS, a knowing agent of a hostile foreign power that puts Muslims in concentration camps. And the media doesn't care.

But oh let a couple of Tory MPs do a picture with a European MEP whose party is against immigration and anti-Islam and it's headline news from coast to coast with breathless outrage being voiced on all the political panels.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Nobody cares. It's been a couple of days now and the mainstream media is like "Ho hum". Hardly a thing about this is appearing anywhere. A Liberal MP is, according to CSIS, a knowing agent of a hostile foreign power that puts Muslims in concentration camps. And the media doesn't care.

I don't think that's true.  I think this is going to blow up.  Trudeau's former advisors are now coming out in favor of a non-partisan inquiry (a former CSIS director among them) and if they keep trying to sweep this under the rug, it's only going to get worse. 

As for the media not caring, the Globe and Mail has been running daily stories on this all week, and none of them are Trudeau-friendly.  

This is actually a real and tangible issue that (IMO) transcends the regular culture war bullshit that we're constantly arguing about.  I think we can all agree that nobody here wants Chinese influence in our democratic process, and if I was Pierre Poilievre I would push and push and push on this.  If he can keep the mad-dog rhetoric down and just keep asking questions and bringing this up, I can see this ending the Trudeau era.  Jaghmeet Singh wants this inquiry now - I think he sees blood in the water too.     

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

I don' think that's true.  I think this is going to blow up.  Trudeau's former advisors are now coming out in favor of a non-partisan inquiry (a former CSIS director among them) and if they keep trying to sweep this under the rug, it's only going to get worse. 

As for the media not caring, the Globe and Mail has been running daily stories on this all week, and none of them are Trudeau-friendly.  

This is actually a real and tangible issue that (IMO) transcends the regular culture war bullshit that we're constantly arguing about.  I think we can all agree that nobody here wants Chinese influence in our democratic process, and if I was Pierre Poilievre I would push and push and push on this.  If he can keep the mad-dog rhetoric down and just keep asking questions and bringing this up, I can see this ending the Trudeau era.  Jaghmeet Signh wants this inquiry now too.   

Well considering you called me a CoNSpiracY TheoRIst for pointing out the OBVIOUS about a year ago regarding Trudeaus love for China...

14 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Not the case. 

I am following the news daily, and daily, one of the main: The Globe and Mail are talking against the government's

The Globe broke the story. Of course they're covering it. And Global joined in with their own source last week. But who else is showing any interest other than a couple of Postmedia columnists?

I don't think anyone can seriously argue that CBC isn't a Liberal mouthpiece.  It's been that way for decades, and IIRC it was censured by some ombudsman or whatever for demonstrating a clearly partisan Liberal bias, way back in mid-2000's. 

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Jaghmeet Singh wants this inquiry now - I think he sees blood in the water too

Well that's the biggest factor. Jaggers has been looking for a 'safe' wedge issue to distinguish himself as NOT being the liberals butt boy in the house, and if he senses this might well be it then he might just jump on the bandwagon and demand inquiries or other actions.  It could be a powerful issue.

I think it is.  I’d like to know more about this.  Trudeau just trying to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away makes me suspicious.  Either he assumes Canadians are all too ignorant or distracted to care, or he’s worried there’s actually something to it.  

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well that's the biggest factor. Jagmeet has been looking for a 'safe' wedge issue to distinguish himself as NOT being the Liberals butt boy in the house, and if he senses this might well be it then he might just jump on the bandwagon and demand inquiries or other actions.  It could be a powerful issue.

Jagmeet Singh has had multiple chances to act like a leader but has 'turned the other cheek' on his NDP and the citizens of any stripe in Canada.  He's not going to jump out of his sh!t-eating character for any one or anything.

333519753_1550890845404008_8638403428081324119_n.jpg

• Haha 1

There's a video in this cbc article where a reporter asks Trudeau twice if he can confirm if he was informed by CSIS of the allegations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-denies-csis-rescind-nomination-1.6761942

He first responds by inferring the allegations are somehow connected to anti-Chinese racism, and on both questions he dodges and doesn't answer the question.

The fact that he dodges & doesn't deny or confirm it is an admission that he was indeed warned by CSIS.

He says he also continues to support the MP and denies he is disloyal to Canada in any way.

20 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think that's true.  I think this is going to blow up.  Trudeau's former advisors are now coming out in favor of a non-partisan inquiry (a former CSIS director among them) and if they keep trying to sweep this under the rug, it's only going to get worse. 

This is actually a real and tangible issue that (IMO) transcends the regular culture war bullshit that we're constantly arguing about.  I think we can all agree that nobody here wants Chinese influence in our democratic process, and if I was Pierre Poilievre I would push and push and push on this.  If he can keep the mad-dog rhetoric down and just keep asking questions and bringing this up, I can see this ending the Trudeau era.  Jaghmeet Singh wants this inquiry now - I think he sees blood in the water too.     

Sure the media is going to cover it, until the next gaff or story, remember when the same sources came out and said 11 MP have had Chinese assistance, not all were liberal some were said to be conservative as well. where was the public out cry then....The liberal government came out and told us nothing to worry about, then the story seems to be going as more is being uncovered...no outrage by conservatives wanting the name of their candidate exposed....

I think all the media outlets should be in on this story...it is or used to be one of their responsibilities to hold our government accountable...

And i agree with you there needs to be an independent inquiry lead by NDP, Green, PPC to uncover all of this interference , there should be more than blood in the water there should be a few bodies by now...This story could be the one that leads into an election, or Justin stepping down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Banning Huawei from the 5G network = ANTI CHINESE RACISM too, I guess?  ?

Possibly, but it wouldn't be OUR racism you see.  The allies basically forced that saying 'we're never going to talk to you on the phone if you don't ban them you dolt"  so he had to (or miss out on all the best parties). 

So that's AMERICAN racism and anti-chinese sentiment. BAD americans! Bad! ( you can't see it but i'm squirting a water bottle in their direction)

4 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Jagmeet Singh has had multiple chances to act like a leader but has 'turned the other cheek' on his NDP and the citizens of any stripe in Canada.  He's not going to jump out of his sh!t-eating character for any one or anything.

He will for one thing.  Votes.

he knows if he goes into the next scheduled eleciton still as part of teh non-coaliton-coalition  or worse if Justin breaks up with HIM first then he will almost certainly be creamed in the polls. But - he can't break with justin over just any old reason - it's got to be something that's a real wedge. Something that makes him look really good and justin look bad.

"We've tried working with teh liberals and wanted to have a stable government until the next election, but we cannot turn a blind eye to justin selling out Canada to the chinese and demand in the interest of the national voters confidence that we investigate and find him guilty as hell"

If he can sell that - then he might be able to regain his popularity, stab the libs in the back and pick up some seats and hold onto his job as leader. If he doesn't pick up seats or worse loses more then this will be his last go at it.

He's been trying - but nothing so far has stuck. This might be the golden bb.

1 minute ago, West said:

Eric Swallwell in the US gets caught porking Chinese spy Fang Fang

Trudeaus Liberals allow China to buy their elections. 

What is it with leftist parties and the Chinese?

In order to force all Canadians to adopt to the liberal and far left hallowed "utopian" society it will be necessary to have almost complete control over the public. 

The chinese have mastered that - of course the hard left has a hard on for them.  It' s like a highschooler with his first guitar watching Hendrix.

Like justin said - he admires the chinese regime because they can make changes they want on a dime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West said:

Eric Swallwell in the US gets caught porking Chinese spy Fang Fang

Trudeaus Liberals allow China to buy their elections. 

What is it with leftist parties and the Chinese?

The Chinese see them as easier targets, so they target them.  This is why CSIS says the CCP supported the Liberals to win over the CCP the last 2 elections.

It is also possible I suppose that, per above, they share some sympathies with their regime in certain ways.  I think its maybe more about the left having a more globalist/open-to- foreigners worldview.

I find left politicians often paralyzed by their own rhetoric.  They're too politically correct and tolerant to take certain necessary actions that politically correct types might see as intolerant.