Fat Trudeau becomes unglued when a Canadian doesn't support his corrupt war in Ukraine

West

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If we were part of russia which is the mortal enemy and right on their doorstep?

I dunno - ask cuba.

Mortal enemy...

What exactly is the goal here? Is it to "crush Russia"? To maintain US Petro-Bucks? What's the goal?

• Like 1

Just now, Nationalist said:

Mortal enemy...

What exactly is the goal here? Is it to "crush Russia"? To maintain US Petro-Bucks? What's the goal?

Well you'd have to ask russia - they're the more belligerent of the two. I certainly can't explain the minds of leaders like putin or Khrushchev.

But regardless of their reasoning, it's a thing.  So pretending it's not is a good way to get killed.

If we were an ally of russia as you have proposed  we'd be sitting on the doorstep of a hostile population 10 times our size with the strongest military in the world and very limited trade (so we'd also be poor) and our big "ally" would be so weak the ukrainians can kick their ass.

I don't know why you believe that's a good idea. If you're that fond of russian culture and such and believe they're in the right here then you probably should consider emmigrating to one of their many many regions. I'm sure you can find one to your liking. Russian is a pretty easy language to learn.

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well you'd have to ask russia - they're the more belligerent of the two. I certainly can't explain the minds of leaders like putin or Khrushchev.

But regardless of their reasoning, it's a thing.  So pretending it's not is a good way to get killed.

If we were an ally of russia as you have proposed  we'd be sitting on the doorstep of a hostile population 10 times our size with the strongest military in the world and very limited trade (so we'd also be poor) and our big "ally" would be so weak the ukrainians can kick their ass.

I don't know why you believe that's a good idea. If you're that fond of russian culture and such and believe they're in the right here then you probably should consider emmigrating to one of their many many regions. I'm sure you can find one to your liking. Russian is a pretty easy language to learn.

WTF???

If all the pretense were dropped, a military alliance between the USA and Russia would make that alliance the top of the food chain globally. Both militarily and economically. Not even the Chinese could stand up against it.

And please try not being such a dolt. You know your accusations are just a skirt to hide behind. Grow up and discuss geo-politics...or go whine with the Libbies.

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

WTF???

Sorry - literacy issue you're having  or is it tourettes?

If all the pretense were dropped, a military alliance between the USA and Russia would make that alliance the top of the food chain globally. Both militarily and economically. Not even the Chinese could stand up against it.

China can't really stand against either of them right now.  But - there are fundimental differences in the societies that make such a thing very very very difficult. Lets not forget that it was tried pretty agressively under ole' splotch-head.  The russian gov't tried to take a more concillatory role in the world affairs and the wall came  down and so on, but that didn't last and it's not what the russian people wanted.

So no sense wishing for things we can't have. Obviously a peaceful world focused on making our lives better and more fulfilled is a superior choice  - but it's not what mankind is going to support. 

And please try not being such a dolt. You know your accusations are just a skirt to hide behind. Grow up and discuss geo-politics...or go whine with the Libbies.

Soooo in other words you feel that by calling me names you can convince me i should be nicer to you. Well - i guess that's ONE way of adverizing your low IQ.

Rereading my post i don't see what the hell even gave you offense. I didn't "accuse" you of anything and i wasn't rude.

I said you'd have to ask russia for the answer to your question (true) and it is what it is (true) and i don't know why you're so pro russian and suggesting we should be their ally instead of the us (true).  I suggested if you prefer their culture you should move there and considering you are constantly bashing the us and our involvement with them that is a reasonable thing to suggest.

So  please remove your head from your ass area and if you can't take a civil conversation without having a hissy fit when your own position is pointed out then go play with the other children you mindless drone.  YOU are the one dragging it to insults, Comrade.  You can't even be civil in a discussion yet you're lameting how people can't get along as countries. Freak.

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry - literacy issue you're having  or is it tourettes?

China can't really stand against either of them right now.  But - there are fundimental differences in the societies that make such a thing very very very difficult. Lets not forget that it was tried pretty agressively under ole' splotch-head.  The russian gov't tried to take a more concillatory role in the world affairs and the wall came  down and so on, but that didn't last and it's not what the russian people wanted.

So no sense wishing for things we can't have. Obviously a peaceful world focused on making our lives better and more fulfilled is a superior choice  - but it's not what mankind is going to support. 

Soooo in other words you feel that by calling me names you can convince me i should be nicer to you. Well - i guess that's ONE way of adverizing your low IQ.

Rereading my post i don't see what the hell even gave you offense. I didn't "accuse" you of anything and i wasn't rude.

I said you'd have to ask russia for the answer to your question (true) and it is what it is (true) and i don't know why you're so pro russian and suggesting we should be their ally instead of the us (true).  I suggested if you prefer their culture you should move there and considering you are constantly bashing the us and our involvement with them that is a reasonable thing to suggest.

So  please remove your head from your ass area and if you can't take a civil conversation without having a hissy fit when your own position is pointed out then go play with the other children you mindless drone.  YOU are the one dragging it to insults, Comrade.  You can't even be civil in a discussion yet you're lameting how people can't get along as countries. Freak.

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If you're that fond of russian culture and such and believe they're in the right here then you probably should consider emmigrating to one of their many many regions. I'm sure you can find one to your liking. Russian is a pretty easy language to learn.

Don't be a dolt.

Now...You claim such an alliance is impossible. You site cultural differences. What makes you think the Russian people wouldn't jump at an opportunity to jointly rule the world with America?

From what I've seen, they just might.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Don't be a dolt.r

AHhh again with your learned reasoned discourse i see. Still telling people not to be insulting by insulting them.  Your parents must be so proud!

So we'll add 'hypocrite' to your list of personality defects as well i guess.

Now...You claim such an alliance is impossible. You site cultural differences. What makes you think the Russian people wouldn't jump at an opportunity to jointly rule the world with America?

The fact that they didn't. Which i pointed out.  I realize you get distracted while you're busy insulting people who havent insulted you yet but surely you can remember something that was said just a post or two ago.

From what I've seen, they just might.

They absolutely won't, they didn't, and lets be honest - you probably haven't seen ANYTHING that suggests otherwise.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Toast is toast Doug. Regardless of the side you choose. Everyone loses.

but giving in to nuclear blackmail actually moves you incrementally closer to the thermonuclear exhange

the only thing preventing the war is deterrence

so you cannot undermine your deterrence posture, that does not make you safer, quite the opposite

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but giving in to nuclear blackmail actually moves you incrementally closer to the thermonuclear exhange

so you cannot undermine your deterrence posture, that does not make you safer, quite the opposite

Nor should anyone have to.

Again...Ukraine is not a signatory.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As a kid I always judged presidents by their likelihood of starting a nuclear war, and I never felt like we got very close when Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, or Trump were president. Not even close. It was never a topic like "The world has gotten so out of whack that world leaders are talking about it."

Over the years I completely drifted away from that line of thinking, and now... C'mon, mannn???

If Biden got hit by a bus tomorrow I'd instantly feel safer. Kamala knows how to deal with Putin, she's been satisfying old men for decades.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

As a kid I always judged presidents by their likelihood of starting a nuclear war, and I never felt like we got very close when Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, or Trump were president. Not even close. It was never a topic like "The world has gotten so out of whack that world leaders are talking about it."

Over the years I completely drifted away from that line of thinking, and now... C'mon, mannn???

If Biden got hit by a bus tomorrow I'd instantly feel safer. Kamala knows how to deal with Putin, she's been satisfying old men for decades.

well, I would say JFK was one of the most military experienced Presidents

Navy officer, WWII decorated combat veteran, WIA

he was also a student of military history & strategy

and yet JFK made the mistake of making too many concessions

Khrushchev got the wrong idea about what the Soviets could get away with therein

next thing you know, the world was at DEFCON 2 in just a matter of days

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

well, I would say JFK was one of the most military experienced Presidents

Navy officer, WWII decorated combat veteran, WIA

he was also a student of military history & strategy

and yet JFK made the mistake of making too many concessions

Khrushchev got the wrong idea about what the Soviets could get away with therein

next thing you know, the world is DEFCON 2 in just a matter of days

Putin made the same mistakes as Kennedy did. 

NATO has been creeping and creeping in for decades now.

Ukraine/NATO/Article 5 is the "silos in Cuba" moment for Russia. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

NATO has been creeping and creeping in for decades now.

Ukraine/NATO/Article 5 is the "silos in Cuba" moment for Russia. 

Indeed

although the missiles are not in Ukraine, they are in Deveselu Romania

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

to include Kennedy's mistake of getting bogged down in a land war

when the Cold War was in fact a maritime conflict which can only be resolved at sea

what you are witnessing now, is actually the Russian Domino Theory in action

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

How shitty to live in a country that small and insignificant, and yet be such a high priority for a pre-emptive nuclear strike. 

the prevailing winds blow east

a thermonuclear strike against Deveselu would rain fallout back down on Crimea

thus, if I am Mr. Ivan, I am taking things to the high seas

I would bring the conflict to a resolution point, by challenging America directly, with my submarines

starting with retaliation for severing the Nord Stream pipeline

by severing the undersea cables which carry the internet

let slip the Belgorod

Russian_submarine_Belgorod_to_complete_s

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

truer words were never spoken.

Living in fear of the bad guys rarely convinces them to leave you alone,

nuclear deterrence relies on the adversary being utterly convinced

that you are prepared to fight the war

any doubt on the adversaries part 

doubt that you have the resolve to stand and deliver

is literally the most dangerous thing in the world

furthermore, the last thing you want, is to have to fall back on your nuclear deterrence as the first option

long before you ever come close to that, you will want to deter the adversary conventionally

launch on warning hair trigger alert is the last line of defense

the first line of defense is well in advance of him crossing the Article V line

the Kremlin has to be stopped before they cross that line

otherwise it is World War Three already in progress, beyond the point of no return

Ukraine is the only buffer zone

if we don't stop them there, start digging your bomb shelters

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the prevailing winds blow east

a thermonuclear strike against Deveselu would rain fallout back down on Crimea

thus, if I am Mr. Ivan, I am taking things to the high seas

I would bring the conflict to a resolution point, by challenging America directly, with my submarines

starting with retaliation for severing the Nord Stream pipeline

by severing the undersea cables which carry the internet

let slip the Belgorod

Russian_submarine_Belgorod_to_complete_s

As long as Russia really stands alone I don't think they can make that bluff. The US can take chances right now that Russia can't, and Biden can do whatever he wants and the MSM all over NA and Europe will call it a golden moment. If Biden shits his pants in a meeting with Putin they'll call it a nuclear deterrent. 

Russia needs China to play a bigger role, and I think China's content to sit on a hill...

Just now, WestCanMan said:

As long as Russia really stands alone I don't think they can make that bluff. The US can take chances right now that Russia can't, and Biden can do whatever he wants and the MSM all over NA and Europe will call it a golden moment. If Biden shits his pants in a meeting with Putin they'll call it a nuclear deterrent. 

Russia needs China to play a bigger role, and I think China's content to sit on a hill...

China is not coming to save the Kremlin

China needs America exponentially more than Russia

China and Russia are not allies, China and Russia are sworn enemies

thinking that China & Russia are one block : that is the Domino Theory

like I say, Putin seems to have fallen for the Russian Domino Theory

and now the Chinese are letting him twist in the wind while they sit on the sidelines

he only has two choices now

either he backs down, or he escalates

and the only way he can escalate, is on the high seas

I would suggest, that since China & Russia are actually enemies

that China wants to take back the lands taken from them by the Czar

that China & Russia have been in a nuclear standoff with each other since they went to war in 1969

China actually conspired to bait Putin into this trap

I would suspect that China knows more about the Russian disposition of forces than Putin does

that the Chinese MSS gives Xi Jingping better information about Russia than Putin gets from his cronies

and so China encouraged Putin to charge into this quagmire recklessly

inciting a conflict between Russia & America to China's advantage

two birds with one stone, classic Great Game strategy

now China has Putin at their mercy, they've got him right where they want him

Edited by Dougie93

18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

and now the Chinese are letting him twist in the wind while they sit on the sidelines

I don't know if this is an old proverb, or an actual quote from Chairman Mao, but the story goes like this:

Mao Zedong once summed up his philosophy on foreign policy with the following metaphor, "a wise monkey sitting on top of the mountain to watch the two tigers fight in the valley below.". 

I've cited that quote a dozen times here. "Sitting on a hill..."

Russia can't really fight unless China wants to get involved again, and I don't think they do. The pact they signed about "We won't interfere if you attack Ukraine/Taiwan" was just a gentle deception trap. China will eventually do it, but not for ten years. Or Fifty. 

I think that China wants Russia to remain strong enough to be a thorn in America's side and that's it. 

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think that China wants Russia to remain strong enough to be a thorn in America's side and that's it. 

America will prevail in the end

China & Russia are the enemies who will go to war with each other

China & Russia are the ones in a border conflict in the East

China is even conflicting with Russia in Ukraine

China was moving into Ukraine far more than America was

China was buying up vast tracts of Ukrainian farmland

China are the ones who want to take the grain in Ukraine

America doesn't need foreign grain, only China does

this war is not a thorn in America's side, the American MIC will prosper mightily

Cold War is just what the doctor ordered for America

foreign adversaries for America to unite against, cha-ching, thank you, come again

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't know it was that bad.

I haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet, but it's an eye-opener. 

the principle lesson of the First Cold War

is that the Domino Theory was wrong

there was no Communist Bloc

China & Russia are not allies

they are enemies

thus Nixon could go to China

to pit the Chinese & Russians against each other

divide & conquer

America will prevail in the end

because only America has no natural enemies

Edited by Dougie93