Fat Trudeau becomes unglued when a Canadian doesn't support his corrupt war in Ukraine

West

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I simply take the view

that you are falling for classic 1950's era Cold War hysteria about the Communists being ten feet tall

and the associated Domino Theory

I’m afraid that analogy doesn’t work well. Unlike the Soviets, the Chinese produce stuff the world actually wants. China competes with us in every sphere, not the just the military. About to become the world’s largest economy, it’s a hybrid state with a huge private sector, fascism with Chinese characteristics rather than a chip off the old Soviet block. If you are right we wouldn’t need to worry about Chinese interference in our elections which I regard as the beginning of an existential struggle for our freedoms. 

Anyway, I think I have drifted this thread far enough. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I mean, pardon me, but America fought a thirty year war for the Domino Theory

and it was catastrophic in terms of the culture war we are in now

so I view the Domino Theory has being the greatest threat to America, let's not do that all over again

I am merely listening to what the Chinese say to all their neighbours. It’s not very nice.

Just now, SpankyMcFarland said:

I’m afraid that analogy doesn’t work well. Unlike the Soviets, the Chinese produce stuff the world actually wants. China competes with us in every sphere, not the just the military. About to become the world’s largest economy, it’s a hybrid state with a huge private sector, fascism with Chinese characteristics rather than a chip off the old Soviet block. If you are right we wouldn’t need to worry about Chinese interference in our elections which I regard as the beginning of an existential struggle for our freedoms.

the world only wanted that cheap Chinese crap when money was cheap

now that inflation is here

what the world wants

is gold, oil & weapons

its a cycle, and we are at the end of the disinflation cycle now

which is why China is retrenching back into hard line centrally planned Communism

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I simply think that Hauwei and the like, are parasitic

they are totally dependent on the West to prosper

the Chinese cannot afford to kill the Western host which is propping the CCP up

nor actually go to war with the host on any front

thus they are contained by default, at the geostrategic level

Again, I urge you to examine the scientific literature and witness the tsunami of original contributions being made by Chinese authors in China

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I am merely listening to what the Chinese say to all their neighbours. It’s not very nice.

exactly

India. Russia, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam & ASEAN have them contained

America should just hang back, and let China be trapped by its mortal enemies on its borders

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Again, I urge you to examine the scientific literature and witness the tsunami of original contributions being made by Chinese authors in China

they can't bring it to market without America

since America is their biggest market

we've got them by the balls, because they need us more than we need them

42 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Again, I urge you

don't worry, I am a Cold Warrior from 1983, the most dangerous year in the history of civilization

I am not squeamish about the Balance of Terror

I am fully prepared to sink the PLA Navy as neccesary

I am prepared to use thermonuclear weapons against the Chicoms as neccesary

but we are America

we are the good guys

we don't draw the Terrible Swift Sword until we are at Antietam Creek with backs against the wall

and at this juncture, we are nowhere near that with China

in terms of the threat you are invoking against Canada ?

well Justin Trudeau & the Liberals are Chinese Communist traitors, according to CSIS

so there's your problem, and it's not that China is ten feet tall

I mean, the Chinese infiltration is not even stealthy,

they are bribing Canadian politicians right in front of your face

the real threat is internal, Canada is making a conscious choice to drift into the Chinese orbit

the Chinese couldn't impose this, Canada has to be willing

you invoke Huawei, but what was the real threat there ?

the Liberals wanted to bring Hauwei inside the wire of Fortress America

it was only the CIA under Mike Pompeo, who intervened by having Meng Wanzhou arrested

it was only the Trump Administration which scuttled the Liberal - Chicom Huawei Axis

MAGA

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Putin has constructed a regime of cronies

Yeah - where have we seen THAT kind of thinking fail spectacularly recently :)   Speaking of - hear justin' s looking to appoint a first nations person as head of the RCMP regardless of experience. That should work out as well as all his other political appointments.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah - where have we seen THAT kind of thinking fail spectacularly recently :)   Speaking of - hear justin' s looking to appoint a first nations person as head of the RCMP regardless of experience. That should work out as well as all his other political appointments.

indeed,  but thankfully, Canada is only a danger to itself

we are being dragged into the Chinese Social Credit totalitarianism by the Liberal Communist traitors

but it won't result in a hegemonic war at the strategic level

in the meantime, I simply rally round the Colours against the Liberal traitors

Dileas Gu Brath : Faithful Unto Judgment Day

the main thing to glean,  is that the PLA is an ideological army not a fighting force

the PLA is the military arm of the CCP

the role of the PLA is to defend the party not the country

they don't actually know how to fight wars, they just mimic, they go through the motions, it's a simulacrum

a classic Communist Potemkin Village

they don't have a chain of command with the institutional knowledge to conduct operations at scale

and their totalitarian system would never let a military genius advance

just like Canada, it's not about how good a General you are, only how loyal you are to the regime

I think the one big thing that the American military has a huge advantage in is experience. 

They've got hundreds of thousands soldiers with living memory of serving on the ground in combat zones, their elite units especially have a lot of training and experience.

I'm really not a fan of the way their military and ours train units from countries like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc to fight. Half those guys will eventually be fighting against us somewhere, and they'll also end up training thousands of others. They also have billions of dollars of high-tech weaponry and military gear from Iraq (Obama) and now Afghanistan (Biden).   

55 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

exactly

India. Russia, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam & ASEAN have them contained

America should just hang back, and let China be trapped by its mortal enemies on its borders

If America hangs back these countries may do what China wants. They are not united by much apart from the Chinese threat. South Korea is in mortal danger already. 

they don't create, they don't invent anything, all they do is make cheap knock offs

Communism has never been accused of fostering creativity, I'll grant you that.

They're great at churning out pragmatic, efficient drones, but not artists.

It reminds me of when my son was in Montessori. It was highly regarded for the productivity of their adults in later years, so we put him there for a bit, but they were a coven of witches there (extremely rude, with no social skills whatsoever), and the kids there were basically forbidden to have fun. They didn't even know what to do or how to crack a smile with a soccer ball in front of them. It was pathetic/disturbing. 

51 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

terms of the threat you are invoking against Canada ?

well Justin Trudeau & the Liberals are Chinese Communist traitors, according to CSIS

so there's your problem, and it's not that China is ten feet tall

I mean, the Chinese infiltration is not even stealthy,

they are bribing Canadian politicians right in front of your face

the real threat is internal, Canada is making a conscious choice to drift into the Chinese orbit

the Chinese couldn't impose this, Canada has to be willing

you invoke Huawei, but what was the real threat there ?

the Liberals wanted to bring Hauwei inside the wire of Fortress America

it was only the CIA under Mike Pompeo, who intervened by having Meng Wanzhou arrested

it was only the Trump Administration which scuttled the Liberal - Chicom Huawei Axis

China has the financial resources to interfere in our system and they have barely started. Think of Huawei etc. as a tiny appetizer before the main course. Anyone who imagines this campaign will be confined to the Liberal Party is sorely mistaken. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If America hangs back these countries may do what China wants. They are not united by much apart from the Chinese threat. South Korea is in mortal danger already. 

the Chinese threat is that which unites them

this is how we won the first Cold War

stay the course, keep calm & carry on

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

China has the financial resources to interfere in our system and they have barely started compared to what they are going to do. Huawei is a tiny appetizer before the main course. Anyone who thinks this campaign will be confined to the Liberal Party is sorely mistaken. 

so what do you suggest we do ?

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The USSR did have success against the Wehrmacht but it was aided by the USA and those days are long gone.

Their T-34 tanks were some of the best on the battlefield in WWII. Other tanks designed later in other countries actually emulated them.

Their Yak 3 was also one of the best fighter planes in WWII. 

The Russians sent troops to battle poorly armed, and for that reason it's always assumed that their military vehicles were like the Ladas of the battlefield, but that wasn't the case at all. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Nobody looks to Russia, a country of drunks and gangsters, as a model these days. 

Don't underestimate the country that produces the world's best chess players and the world's toughest people. 

It's one thing to stop the Russian advance, but beating them on their own soil is a remarkable achievement. They'll protect every inch of that shitty frozen tundra like it's heaven on earth. 

7 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Again, you have to admit the economic levers China possesses that the USSR lacked. This is a different situation against a much more formidable foe.

again, there is nothing you can do but keep calm & carry on

otherwise. what do you want me to do which I am not already doing ?

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Don't underestimate the country that produces the world's best chess players and the world's toughest people. 

It's one thing to stop the Russian advance, but beating them on their own soil is a remarkable achievement. They'll protect every inch of that shitty frozen tundra like it's heaven on earth. 

their only arm of decision is their navy

if they don't take to the high seas to wage war in their nuclear submarines

they pose no strategic threat

• Like 1