Are you Loyal to any Brands?

Perspektiv

Hiking boots and shoes, I am currently loyal to Scarpa.  However, once they sell me a pair that aren’t as comfortable as slippers or as rugged as a tank, I will search for a new brand.  

But, I don’t understand people who are loyal to a brand.  Even in my example above, my loyalty only goes as far as finding the correct fit for boots.  

Edited by TreeBeard

On 2/25/2023 at 5:23 AM, Perspektiv said:

When it comes down to what you buy, does brand play a part? If so, do you tend to stick to that brand? Or simply that product?

What does it take for you to stick to a product, if you do?

Are you loyal to any brands?

Hey there,

Many times I visit stores to buy something and I purchased every time the same product from the same brand because of the trust issue. I always prefer the brand that I already used.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, TreeBeard said:

But, I don’t understand people who are loyal to a brand.  

I think its a trust, or at least from most I see who stick with one brand.

I used to be very loyal to Samsung phones for that very reason. Reasonably priced if pricing comparatively, but tried out other phones such as Sony and Huawei, and found better or just as strong a quality.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 1:26 AM, Dougie93 said:

I've owned multiple Mitsubishi Lancer's & Outlander's

assembled at the Kurashiki plant in Okayama

I've put 500,000 kilometres through a Mitsubishi

driving them hard & putting them away wet, through Canadian winters

and I've never had one die on me, I just trade them in at the end

we've only ever had to replace brake pads, headlight bulbs & batteries

Evo is the poor man's super car

I have a collegue with a small Toyota. He had 450.000 km, without any issues. Japanes manufacturing as no terms of comparison.

Anyway, I suggest you to read this book ...

0676972829.jpg?scaleup=true&width=614&ma

... I remember the discussion of Levis board, about how is important the brand. Or the former farmer, from Honduras, moved in a Nike shoes factory, and then, delivered in Los Angeles, in front of the mega store of the brand. 

That book is enormous. But any page is interesting. And enlightning ...

I tend to gravitate to fruit of the loom for underwear. I just like their tagless clothing. 

Design by Humans is my only go to for t-shirts. I always hated being a billboard for a brand, and to add insult to injury, had to pay a premium to do so.

I prefer DBH, as they have some of the best artists, making designs for this website. Easy to be unique, have art on my shirt, and not be forced to advertise the name, too.

Its like buying a Van Gogh for the signature. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LG has been very good to me.

I used to be loyal to their cellphones, but then found the offerings here, weren't as good as what I could get in Asia. I tried Sony, but have stuck to Samsung since.

Crazy how phones in North America revolve around a handful of brands. So many great brands available.

15 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I used to be loyal to their cellphones, but then found the offerings here, weren't as good as what I could get in Asia. I tried Sony, but have stuck to Samsung since.

Crazy how phones in North America revolve around a handful of brands. So many great brands available.

Generally speaking, we're not very bright. It's best to keep it simple.

I used to buy noname brands like "Peasant's Choice", "Welfare Family" products in the past. (those are my kid's names for them)

Now I find they're not overruns of brand names, but merely defective brand name surplus. Over toasted breakfast cereals hard a rock. Their "Ritz" or Graham crackers where every single one is broken in the box. Worse, knowing that, I sure as hell won't buy the Staples House brand to save a mere dime over the Avery stuff or on a 2L bottle of pop that's sometimes even more than Coke or Pepsi.

Reebok underwear. Takes care of me. 

Smartwool socks. Take them off for the shower and that’s about it. Perfect nursing home wear for which I am ready. 

Costa coffee. Kinder and gentler than Starbucks. Nespresso has changed my life. I feel like I’m somewhere fancy every morning in my house. 

Apple iPad. Makes all this ranting possible. I’m thinking of abandoning my faultless Samsung smartphone and getting an iPhone just to make things easier with my favourite tablet.  

Toyota. A comfy ride that holds the road and stays going. Once upon a time, I was driving my Chev on the TCH without a care in the world when the rear axle went and I found myself skiing in July. A moment when brand loyalty came under review. 

Tetley’s Tea. I’m still searching for better black tea and have yet to find it. 

McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Sharwood’s Mango Chutney, Robertsons Golden Shred, Fry’s Turkish Delight and HP Sauce. It’s all about imprinting. They got me young.

I’m not sure Canada (or anywhere beyond Belgium and Germany) should be allowed to make beer. The only relatively local product I actively like is Blanche de Chambly. (Disclaimer: choices in my remote locale are limited.) If you love IPAs, well, I’m willing to pretend to celebrate your sick and twisted choices in life. Dealcoholized Canadian beer isn’t too bad because it differs so little from the original.

Regarding wine, this is one of my fave reds from SA, not pricey at all:

https://www.nataliemaclean.com/wine-reviews/flagstone-dragon-tree-cabernet-sauvignon-shiraz-pinotage-2014/290087

For whites, any Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from NZ is good for me. 

Better stop now. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Am loyal to Cathay Airlines.

One of the best bang for your buck airlines I regularly use. 

We love Asian cuisine, so it helps they serve plenty of it.

I have never had a horrible experience on their flights, but have several times using Air Canada, in comparison.

Wish I could use Cathay. 

• 7 months later...

Food, clothing, office supplies - almost all consumables would have a Costco name on them.   Weekly trip for wife and eldest daughter (4 boys, so supplies used up quickly).   What clothing Costco doesn't supply wife or kids make.  Same for garden produce.  I strongly approve of Costco business model and trust them to save us a bunch of time, trouble and money by doing the source shopping for us.

Automotive - WVAG since I have driven, fixed, sold, etc. since 1967.   I understand what they try to do and can put up with the times they don't quite get it right.  Heavier stuff:  class 3,4,5 trucks Cummins/Ram and Class 7 & 8 Detroit power.   Aviation: AA and then Grumman American - believe in their design philosophy and a lot of experience with them.  Avuation piston power: Lyc for little things, P&W for bigger ones and now Weslake for things to come.

Hand tools:  Stahlwille, Mac, Knipex, Vessel, Wera, Wiha - mostly German for me.  Welding equipment:  All blue except one - Miller has been exceptionally good for me over the years.

Didn't realize how brand sensitive I seemed to be until this thread.