Latest ABACUS poll: CPC 37, Libs 29, NDP 18

CdnFox

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The Conservatives were ahead last 3 times too.... then came voting day.

Hopefully this time, they have their shit together and convince Canadians.

The big guy up above has got an awful sense of humor, and some where in the past some conservative pissed him off, and Justin is our punishment... I'm hoping the joke is over and we can start to balance all this shift to the left back to the center once again...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

the difference is in the spread.  The conservatives were 'ahead' but mostly in places like alberta. It does no good to win alberta by 100 percent - you have to have your support spread out a little more to win.

Convince ontario. That's what was missing.  And the news there is good right now, so yes hopefully they can.

For now it looks good, but the NDP have Justins balls in their hands and will use that until they get what they want, Justin wants to stay in office that much we know, and the NDP are going to let him until Justin has nothing left to give... 

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

That would depend on your access and who you know, , with 39 million Canadians what is the odds you get to work on someone's campaign that will make a change on the provincial or national level...

Pretty close to 100 percent. of the elected people most will serve on one committee or another and they all have influence. Some more than others but none are none so to speak.

But why wait - you can have an impact at the policy convention as well and that does have a major impact.

As to the rest - the perfect leader for everyone is just not a thing. You look for a good leader and work with them

I get if you're a little too old to be 'standing up' any more. I feel that way myself some times. But that's a choice - that's not because you wouldn't be able to. I get the idea of hangin' up the shootin' irons - we all get there. But if you wanted to, you could have a large impact.

And i've met dozens and dozens of mp's over the years and they've always had time for me and others.  I'm sure there's the odd one who doesn't but it's literally their job.

For those who want real change - get up get involved and participate. It's actually easier than you think to make real change.

Canadian politics are hopeless. One head gets to rule till they're sick with it, refuse poring form all orifices.. and then it's another one's turn, naturally. Sit it out a bit and back to it (the trough) again. Oh well. Some things just cannot be changed as it stands, abandon hope.

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

the difference is in the spread.  The conservatives were 'ahead' but mostly in places like alberta. It does no good to win alberta by 100 percent - you have to have your support spread out a little more to win.

Convince ontario. That's what was missing.  And the news there is good right now, so yes hopefully they can.

The West was always different than the East, even waaaay back. For all intents and purposes, when Ontario finished voting, the election was over.

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

For now it looks good, but the NDP have Justins balls in their hands and will use that until they get what they want, Justin wants to stay in office that much we know, and the NDP are going to let him until Justin has nothing left to give... 

And it will go on like that again. BC's NDP leanings may push Justin back on top.

6 hours ago, myata said:

Canadian politics are hopeless. One head gets to rule till they're sick with it, refuse poring form all orifices.. and then it's another one's turn, naturally. Sit it out a bit and back to it (the trough) again. Oh well. Some things just cannot be changed as it stands, abandon hope.

With constant complainers and whiners like you, we deserve what we get.

If there were only more positive people that are willing to work for a better Canada we would be in better shape.

Unfortunately, Myata and her/his ilk are what is ruining the country. Whine, complain but do nothing to help.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Unfortunately, Myata and her/his ilk are what is ruining the country.

Oh that kind of wisdom congrats on great discovery! Not archaic and entrenched to absolute absurdity system, how can it no way. Things would have run so perfectly and flawlessly if it weren't just for myatas on Heaven forsaken forums... where did we hear that I wonder... when?

20 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Whine, complain but do nothing to help.

... no no it's WORSE than that.  Whine in a way that is not specific and entirely overblown to the point where it's easily ignored and offers no alternative....

"The Marxists have taken over Canada" etc.  

I'm telling you - the Ignore List is the thing.  People in my social media feed have been saying that the trolls aren't very vocal anymore, mostly because people started unfriending and ignoring and they can only complain to each other.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Oh that kind of wisdom congrats on great discovery! Not archaic and entrenched to absolute absurdity system, how can it no way. Things would have run so perfectly and flawlessly if it weren't just for myatas on Heaven forsaken forums... where did we hear that I wonder... when?

It is not a "discovery". It is a casual observation.

If it weren't for Myatas and more otherwise, we would be much better off. More people for betterment and less whiners and complainers with no value added.

Here's the actual abacus report - they just released it to the public today

https://abacusdata.ca/canadian-politics-polling-abacus-data-february-2023/

Some interesting new tidbits - Jagmeet's approval is plummeting. The non-coalition-coalition is not working out for the ndp in general but it seems to be pretty bad for Jaggers specifically.

That probably means we're at least a year away from even a possible election at minimum. The libs are low, and the ndp is even worse. Jaggers will still try to find wedge issues that he can use to make himself look different and better than the libs (without actually upsetting the libs) but unless he finds something really sticky it would be death for him to go to the polls now.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The West was always different than the East, even waaaay back. For all intents and purposes, when Ontario finished voting, the election was over.

Of course. That's why they changed the law to forbid reporting results till all the polls were closed because people in the west were always pissed off :P  THe west was a tiebreaker.

But that only underpins my point. If the CPC wants to win, then only ontario needs to change its' mind. As long as ontario is willing to prop up the corrupt regime of Justin Trudau and as long  they support corruption and bad politics, the cpc will be hard pressed to win.

38 minutes ago, myata said:

Now only two tasks for you, really easy:

1. Figure out how

2. Forget about myatas

Your very own ticket to infinite or near and endless enjoyment of life.

You figure it out LOL

I am not complain and whining, you are LOL

Myata is like a thorn in an open field. No matter where you walk, the thorn finds you LOL