The Left is Destroying Western Civilization

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

If it’s any consolation, I think Trudeau’s weakness on China is a real and intractable problem for him and his party.  Harper was much savvier on China and many issues than I gave home credit for.  Intellect and experience matter.  

except the precedents have now been set

Trudeau's regime has now been vetted by the judiciary

when the judges are not enforcing the Charter, there is nobody left to constrain the government

it's going to become routine now

anybody who tries to invoke their Charter rights will simply be arrested on the spot

A court just reduced the sentence of a man who killed three mounties in Nova Scotia.  They said in effect that 75 years is too long and he will be entitled to apply for parole after 25 years.

When one murders other people, I think they forfeit any rights to be free again, but apparently many liberals and judges think otherwise.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

except the precedents have now been set

Trudeau's regime has now been vetted by the judiciary

when the judges are not enforcing the Charter, there is nobody left to constrain the government

it's going to become routine now

anybody who tries to invoke their Charter rights will simply be arrested on the spot

It’s a government that’s been given a free pass on ethics violations and Charter violations because of cronyism on committees and courts yet sicks enforcement on political opponents arbitrarily.  The stench is too strong to ignore.

Edited by Zeitgeist

We are also seeing governments give special resource payoffs to aboriginals.  Benefits such as royalties should go to the province which must provide health care and other services for everyone in the province, including natives.  I don't think it is right to be paying them special payments that nobody else receives for resource development.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

We are also seeing governments give special resource payoffs to aboriginals.  Benefits such as royalties should go to the province which must provide health care and other services for everyone in the province, including natives.  I don't think it is right to be paying them special payments that nobody else receives for resource development.

Special status for certain groups locks said groups into 2nd class status (or premium class status depending on what is emphasized).  It enshrines favouritism and dependence.  It’s apartheid basically.   The reality is that you can’t have it both ways: Making your own money, as one should where possible, requires paying one’s own bills and taxes.  Depending on others entirely to be taken care of puts someone else in the driver’s seat and makes one feel like a powerless child.  Of course.

Nevertheless, that’s our reality and Indigenous have to decide to make changes themselves. Many are.  If the resources are on reserve territory, it makes sense for Indigenous to work in developing the resources and collecting some of the proceeds from the companies willing to hire and risk investing in those communities, but that also means Indigenous paying taxes for their community upkeep.  That’s real self-determination and self-sustainability.  

46 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Special status for certain groups locks said groups into 2nd class status (or premium class status depending on what is emphasized).  It enshrines favouritism and dependence.

That's true.  Also, one of the problems is aboriginals claim vast areas as their "traditional territory".  In B.C. the various bands claim the whole province as their traditional territory.  Of course they claim natural resource development (oil, gas, forest industry) is on "their" land.  The actual native reserves are small areas where they live.  They don't actually live on the vast wilderness and mountainous areas that cover hundreds and thousands of square kilometres.  In the past they were given hunting and fishing privileges because that is what they did historically as hunter-gatherers.  But they have never lived in the past on natural resources like oil, natural gas, logging etc.  other than using trees for local purposes in a very limited way.   Natives do get hired by resource companies to actually work in the industry.  This is fair.  But what is happening now is the native bands are demanding and possibly receiving some kind of royalties for resource extraction on what they claim as their traditional lands in some cases, which cover the whole province.  The Canadian government has already paid billions of dollars per year to support native bands.  I believe the government pays for housing, water filtration plants, etc. and monthly support for each native.   Plus they have special status cards which they use to be excused from paying certain taxes, etc. The monthly payments goes through band managers and councils I believe and there is little accountability.  There have been cases of abuse of the money.  Harper passed a law to create transparency and accountability, but the liberals abolished it.   

"IOGC collects all royalty moneys on behalf of First Nations and transfers the moneys into trust fund accounts that are administered by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC). First Nations can apply to AANDC regional offices to access their moneys for community projects and other uses.

All moneys collected by IOGC on behalf of First Nations are payable to the Receiver General for Canada and must be submitted by cheque. 100% of the funds collected on behalf of First Nations are placed in their trust accounts."

Royalty Payments (pgic-iogc.gc.ca)

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

That's true.  Also, one of the problems is aboriginals claim vast areas as their "traditional territory".  In B.C. the various bands claim the whole province as their traditional territory.  Of course they claim natural resource development (oil, gas, forest industry) is on "their" land.  The actual native reserves are small areas where they live.  They don't actually live on the vast wilderness and mountainous areas that cover hundreds and thousands of square kilometres.  In the past they were given hunting and fishing privileges because that is what they did historically as hunter-gatherers.  But they have never lived in the past on natural resources like oil, natural gas, logging etc.  other than using trees for local purposes in a very limited way.   Natives do get hired by resource companies to actually work in the industry.  This is fair.  But what is happening now is the native bands are demanding and possibly receiving some kind of royalties for resource extraction on what they claim as their traditional lands in some cases, which cover the whole province.  The Canadian government has already paid billions of dollars per year to support native bands.  I believe the government pays for housing, water filtration plants, etc. and monthly support for each native.   Plus they have special status cards which they use to be excused from paying certain taxes, etc. The monthly payments goes through band managers and councils I believe and there is little accountability.  There have been cases of abuse of the money.  Harper passed a law to create transparency and accountability, but the liberals abolished it.   

"IOGC collects all royalty moneys on behalf of First Nations and transfers the moneys into trust fund accounts that are administered by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC). First Nations can apply to AANDC regional offices to access their moneys for community projects and other uses.

All moneys collected by IOGC on behalf of First Nations are payable to the Receiver General for Canada and must be submitted by cheque. 100% of the funds collected on behalf of First Nations are placed in their trust accounts."

Royalty Payments (pgic-iogc.gc.ca)

Well yes and there are deals set up between bands and companies that aren’t shared with the public.  Look, there’s money in Indigenous status.  There will never be enough payouts and the narrative is that Indigenous got the short end of the stick on treaty deals, which I’m sure happened.  The question is, What’s the statute of limitations on such agreements?  Are taxpayers simply on the hook for the healthcare, education, and infrastructure for Indigenous forever?  It’s not like most Indigenous are living off the land and detached from modern technology.

We hear about ground radar and see pylons representing possible graves by residential schools, and though no bodies are exhumed and no epidemiology testing is done to figure out cause of death, the stories are dark and point to injustice.  Even if almost every child death was the result of disease, there’s enough abuse and injustice to conclude that things went on that shouldn’t.  The story of the Expulsion of the French from Acadia is also quite sad, yet no reparations are sought and most people don’t hold grudges against people alive today who didn’t cause these injuries but have English names.

Today’s descendants of Loyalists aren’t trying to reclaim ancestral property in the US.  That’s why ultimately the public will move on from old victimhood stories, unless it’s individuals describing specific injustices.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Its more than that.  It's also values and ethics.

Trudeau and his party are wilful beneficiaries of China's interference.

Who knows, maybe if Russia wanted the CPC to win just as bad during Harper's run he may have been conveniently ignorant of the same kind of corruption too.  Harper gov certainly wasn't hawkish on China.

Most politicians who've climbed to a decent level in any powerful party have kissed a lot of arse and sold out to get there.  They're a-holes.

Harper was actually VERY hawkish with china.  Not only did he call them out in a fashion that was very embarassing for them but he also did things like meet with the dalai lama which is a MASSIVE no no for china as it flies in the face of their one china policy.

Now - i get where you're going, it's easy to think no politician would jump up to stop something that's working to their advantage. And maybe some would turn a blind eye to a litlte help.  And certainly many would try to downplay it if it was found that their people had been compromised, even if they were furious and aggressively pursuing it.

But trudeau seems to have leaned into the whole thing. This is a massive issue and he knew about it and apperently has done nothing and is leaving that door open.

I think most of our previous leaders would have been much more upset about this even if behind closed doors and taken action.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Harper was actually VERY hawkish with china. 

Well, recently more so.

He made Canada a founding member of the Trans Pacific Partnership, which made sense at the time.  People who call Trudeau the 'globalist' in the room give him too much credit.  The biggest trade deals Canada has participated in were initiated and sealed by Conservatives who had a bold vision.

If Harper is skittish on China today, that's because almost everyone else is ....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-tpp-agreement-atlanta-1.3254569

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, recently more so.

He made Canada a founding member of the Trans Pacific Partnership, which made sense at the time.  People who call Trudeau the 'globalist' in the room give him too much credit.  The biggest trade deals Canada has participated in were initiated and sealed by Conservatives who had a bold vision.

If Harper is skittish on China today, that's because almost everyone else is ....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-tpp-agreement-atlanta-1.3254569

I disagree.  Harper was criticized for being too hard on China and limiting trade opportunities (which of course were far more about importing Chinese goods than exporting Canadian ones).

Seriously Hardner, are you on the Liberal payroll?  This is a serious question.  A simple yes or no please.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree.  Harper was criticized for being too hard on China and limiting trade opportunities (which of course were far more about importing Chinese goods than exporting Canadian ones).

Seriously Hardner, are you on the Liberal payroll?  This is a serious question.  A simple yes or no please.  

Of course I'm not.

Are you actually denying Harper did the TPP ?  

I just praised him FFS... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course I'm not.

Are you actually denying Harper did the TPP ?  

I just praised him FFS... 

Excuse me isn't it called the Trans Pacific Progressive Partnership or some other Liberal BS branding term?

They both did the TPP.  They want the money and the honey, or at least their paymasters do.  Its not like homeless people fund their campaigns...

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

Excuse me isn't it called the Trans Pacific Progressive Partnership or some other Liberal BS branding term?

They both did the TPP.  They want the money and the honey, or at least their paymasters do.  Its not like homeless people fund their campaigns...

Yeah and Harper also took the lead on pulling back...

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And Trump (audible GASP) led ALL of the West in this, with Biden following his lead...

Say what you want, the guy knew how to lead (in his own way).  Everyone in his party and in conservative governments across the western world are copping his policies.

When you inspire undying loyalty people will follow you into war...or up the steps of the Capitol.

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. Say what you want, the guy knew how to lead (in his own way).  Everyone in his party and in conservative governments across the western world are copping his policies.

2. When you inspire undying loyalty people will follow you into war...or up the steps of the Capitol.

1. He definitely led and mashed the buttons on the control panel.  With China, the timing was good.
2. Side issue

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, recently more so.

harper did more deals with more people than just about any prime minister in our history, it's true. But as i showed he was absolutely in their face when they did things he didn't like.

Doing trade with countries is not an endorsement of the country of course. And it does give you a lever against them. If you've got no dealings with them then you have very little power other than the threat of war over them.

Harper was often vocally critical, demanding, and aggressive with china. And that's when he wasn't just pissing them off (dalai lama sent them into apoplexy).

And you know what? They did business with him and didn't call him little potato. Justin's weak stance had them holding our trade hostage, holding our people hostage And they didn't try to buy our elections.

• Like 1

Watch this 3 hour video with a complete history of the Jesuits and you will understand the threat from the Jesuits.  They have been banned from many countries over the centuries since they were founded in the 1500s because of their serious interference in countries.  They managed to get back in many countries.  One of their purposes for being formed was to reverse the Reformation which began in the 1500s and eliminate Protestantism and bring the world (at least the west) under the dominion of the Papacy.  All political leaders of western nations bow to the Pope who is the most powerful politician in the western world.  Trudeau himself said evangelicals are the worst kind of Canadians.  What does that tell you about his ideology? 

We know Trudeau and Liberals are diehard globalists.  So is the Pope.  Many of them are members of Romanism.  Globalism appeals to them.  Have they been indoctrinated by Jesuitism which founded some universities in Quebec and elsewhere.  They believe in control of the world so of course they would promote one world government.

There are countless videos on youtube warning about one world government.  One good one is at this link.  It is 1 hr 5 mins in length but interesting.

Amir Tsarfati: The Illuminati and the One World Government - Bing video

The Entire History On 'The Jesuit Order' & The Plans Of World Domination Full Documentary YouTube - Bing video

Be warned there are many Jesuit websites that paint a completely different picture.

Edited by blackbird

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. He definitely led and mashed the buttons on the control panel.  With China, the timing was good.
2. Side issue

He did business with the Chinese for decades, he knew the game.  He's a lot smarter than just mashing buttons, give the man credit where credit's due.   But I honestly understand you also want to stay out of the career re-education camps, i get it.

Double-edged sword that man, and we have to hold it by the blade.

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, recently more so.

I'm confused about what this argument is. The TPP was designed as a trading group that EXCLUDES China. It is basically a carrot to Asian nations who want to have less reliance on China for trade. It's not pro-China. It's the reverse.

Harper wanted nothing to do with China in 2006. It was only after the financial crisis brought us into recession and the gang of three tried to take over that he gave in to their demands for better trade and relationships with China.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

He did business with the Chinese for decades, he knew the game.  He's a lot smarter than just mashing buttons, give the man credit where credit's due.   But I honestly understand you also want to stay out of the career re-education camps, i get it.

The China he did business with was not the China we have today. It was the pre-Xi China.