The Left is Destroying Western Civilization

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Does it find there was no creation, and evolution is the scientific truth?

Or is it not worth watching?

The theory of evolution has been well de-bunked.

One example is the great fraud of the Piltdown man which had a huge effect on society but years later was found to be a fraud.

"On the contrary, Piltdown man was extremely influential in shaping evolutionary thinking and early research on human evolutionary theory. For the four decades before it was exposed, Piltdown man was considered the ‘missing link’. It was used as one of the key evidences against creation in the Scopes trial. It altered the education in the United States for a whole generation and found its way into major science textbooks and encyclopedias—and it was a hoax. There were over 250 publications on Piltdown man alone!1 The implications for evolutionary theory were tremendous. Entire evolutionary-developmental theories about hominid evolution were based on Piltdown and many of those were demolished when the fraud was exposed. 250 publications! It would be nothing short of historical revisionism to downplay its significance."

Evolution fraud (creation.com)

The theory of evolution or Darwinism is just one of the tools that has been instrumental in destroying our western civilization or Judeo-Christian civilization.   If you want to learn more about the history of Christianity watch a long interesting history video on youtube.  I just watched it and it also shows how Christianity influence society and history down through the ages.  It is 2 hrs 33 mins and made up of about five parts.  When one part ends, wait for the next part to start.  Don't think it is over.   Very interesting and scholarly.

History of Christianity (2000) | Full Movie | Dr. Timothy George | Mona Hurlbert Fisher - Bing video

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yeah, but would it matter in any way if Charles is our King or we make Canada a Republic and make the GG our head of state?

The King doesn't do anything anyways.  Sometimes they visit and wave.  The GG does all the work and all they do is sign papers, pose for pics, and eat taxpayer paid meals.

If they were selected by Canadians in a democratic process, versus by birthright and ordained by God?  Yes, I think it actually does make a difference.   Whether they’re a figurehead or not is besides the point. 

The message is important, and hanging on to the trappings of undemocratic rulers and mythology that is exclusive, and not inclusive, sends the wrong message, in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If they were selected by Canadians in a democratic process, versus by birthrigh

Heads of state are supposed to be above politics.  That's why we don't elect Kings, Queens, or Governor Generals.   How could a head of state be independent from politics or be neutral if they were elected?  One of their jobs is to be a referee if a government is tied and can't decide who should be the Prime Minister.   Or dissolve a government in certain situations.  How is that possible if they are partisan?  

Edited by blackbird

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Heads of state are supposed to be above politics.  That's why we don't elect Kings, Queens, or Governor Generals.   How could a head of state be independent from politics or be neutral if they were elected?  One of their jobs is to be a referee if a government is tied and can't decide who should be the Prime Minister.   Or dissolve a government in certain situations.  How is that possible if they are partisan?  

Why does a head of state need to be above politics?  Many countries, including the one directly south of us, have elected heads of state.  

Can’t the Supreme Court play the role of judiciary in the event of a tied election?

Edited by TreeBeard

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

the one directly south of us, have elected heads of state.  

the U.S. system is Republican, an entirely different system that ours.  We have Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy which is very different.   It requires a non-political head of state.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

the U.S. system is Republican, an entirely different system that ours.  We have Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy which is very different.   It requires a non-political head of state.

OK.  Let’s hire a Canadian one. 

You people trust a Trudeau-appointed Julie Payette is above politics and could steer Canada through a constitutional crisis?  Just because she has a fancy title that the monarchy rubber-stamped?  

It’s sad how low your expectations are and that you refuse to raise the bar!

Edited by TreeBeard

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

OK.  Let’s hire a Canadian one. 

No likely going to happen.  The person has to be someone who would have the allegiance of millions of Canadians including the Armed Forces and RCMP.  There is nobody in Canada who would fit that requirement.  Only the King or Queen.  The GG is only a representative.  The King is still the head of state, not the GG.

Just now, blackbird said:

No likely going to happen.  The person has to be someone who would have the allegiance of millions of Canadians including the Armed Forces and RCMP.  There is nobody in Canada who would fit that requirement.  Only the King or Queen.  The GG is only a representative.  The King is still the head of state, not the GG.

The King is just a figurehead who rubber-stamps bills, no?

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's an opinion only. 

I'm failing to see where you disagree.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You got pretty upset when a lady changed a word of the national anthem, and here you are...

It's fine but doesn't lead to an open exploration of issues...

Get real. There is no such thing. Whoever is in power crushes whoever isn't in power. There is zero sense of compromise from the current government, nor from the natives, nor from any of the political activist groups, be they over native rights, the environment, trans rights or whatever. It's "I get 100% and f*ck you" or fury and rage.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s the sad reality that makes me think about getting citizenship for my kids in the US.  

the guy who owns the company I work for wants to move the whole thing to the US

pick it up lock stock & barrel, all three locations, move to it all over the border

that feels a little canary in the coalmine

that's my first encounter with a business wanting to flee

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I'm failing to see where you disagree.

Get real. There is no such thing. Whoever is in power crushes whoever isn't in power. There is zero sense of compromise from the current government, nor from the natives, nor from any of the political activist groups, be they over native rights, the environment, trans rights or whatever. It's "I get 100% and f*ck you" or fury and rage.

I think the US answer to that problem has been to admit that everything is political, so now even the judges and sheriffs are elected.  I used to believe that Canada actually had a close approximation of “justice is blind” and a fairly apolitical bureaucracy, until I realized the level of cronyism.  Canada has become a country of sucking up to win sinecures.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

The education system is being destroyed by leftism in Canada.

"Teaching is now a political act that involves indoctrinating children instead of educating them, said Chanel Pfahl, in an interview with the National Post. “There’s a lot of reason to be afraid. We are in a kind of cultural revolution and people really do need to pay attention.”

Michael Higgins: 'A lot of reason to be afraid,' says censured teacher critical of the woke revolution in classrooms (msn.com)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the guy who owns the company I work for wants to move the whole thing to the US

pick it up lock stock & barrel, all three locations, move to it all over the border

that feels a little canary in the coalmine

that's my first encounter with a business wanting to flee

I just find my pride in the country is damaged, perhaps irreparably.  I wish I felt differently but the thrill is gone.  I feel like either a political sea change must unfold or it’s time to seek greener pastures.  Without such prospects for improvement, I think a kind of resigned disengagement of the populous is inevitable.  I actually think that’s pretty much the mood in Canada these days.  I believe it’s essential to make our own inspiration in our work, relationships, and leisure.  A healthy state encourages self-actualization and local expression.  An unhealthy one imposes a way of thinking and being.  It doesn’t trust the citizens upon which government is supposed to rely for support to make decisions for themselves. It’s called government creep or overreach.  

35 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Whoever is in power crushes whoever isn't in power. There is zero sense of compromise from the current government, nor from the natives, nor from any of the political activist groups, be they over native rights, the environment, trans rights or whatever. It's "I get 100% and f*ck you" or fury and rage.

Ok, well you're part of that too then.  I'm not.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just find my pride in the country is damaged, perhaps irreparably.  I wish I felt differently but the thrill is gone. 

I can't even watch hockey anymore

I went years without missing a game

I checked the hockey news five times a day

I was a true fanatic, a hockey addict

and then the Leafs went Woke

and it all became meaningless overnight therein

because I just don't care who wins the George Floyd Cup

hockey is completely gone from my life

I haven't watched any games, I don't check the hockey news, I don't watch highlights

literally nothing, I have no idea what is going on with the Leafs

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I can't even watch hockey anymore

I went years without missing a game

I checked the hockey news five times a day

I was a true fanatic, a hockey addict

and then the Leafs went Woke

and it all became meaningless overnight therein

because I just don't care who wins the George Floyd Cup

hockey is completely gone from my life

I haven't watched any games, I don't check the hockey news, I don't watch highlights

literally nothing, I have no idea what is going on with the Leafs

The touching folksy stuff with letters from soldiers to Don Cherry is all wiped out. It’s not a matter of diversity either. I think the Punjab broadcasting was super cool.  Women are of course doing well in hockey.  It’s the shunning of the shinny on the frozen pond and total ignoring of Canadian expansion by Betman that killed it for me.  It’s like the Americans are trying to recreate a Hockey Night In Canada that the Canadians killed.  We couldn’t accept that an older guy like Cherry might miss the boat on a few politically correct views.  We couldn’t overlook a few of grandpa’s elderly faux pas.  The revolution has zero tolerance.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The touching folksy stuff with letters from soldiers to Don Cherry is all wiped out.  It’s not a matter of diversity either.  I think the Punjab broadcasting was super cool.  Women are of course doing well in hockey.  It’s the shunning of the shinny on the frozen pond and total ignoring of Canadian expansion by Betman that killed it for me.  It’s like the Americans are trying to recreate a Hockey Night In Canada that the Canadians killed.  We couldn’t accept that an older guy like Cherry might miss the boat on a few politically correct views.  We couldn’t overlook a few of grandpa’s elderly faux pas.  The revolution has zero tolerance.  

I suffered through decades of Leafs futility

endured all the humiliation

because it was my culture, the story of my people, I grew up at Maple Leaf Gardens

but as soon as the Leafs flipped to the Communists, it was over, the spell was broken

I simply cannot root for the deranged lunatic Karl Marx : 100 million people murdered by the Communists

29 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

because it was my culture, the story of my people, I grew up at Maple Leaf Gardens

but as soon as the Leafs flipped to the Communists, it was over, the spell was broken

I simply cannot root for the deranged lunatic Karl Marx : 100 million people murdered by the Communists

If it’s any consolation, I think Trudeau’s weakness on China is a real and intractable problem for him and his party.  Harper was much savvier on China and many issues than I gave home credit for.  Intellect and experience matter.  

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

If they were selected by Canadians in a democratic process, versus by birthright and ordained by God?  Yes, I think it actually does make a difference.   Whether they’re a figurehead or not is besides the point. 

The message is important, and hanging on to the trappings of undemocratic rulers and mythology that is exclusive, and not inclusive, sends the wrong message, in my opinion. 

It's not besides the point.  If they do nothing who cares?  It would be crazy expensive and a huge headache to change everything.  The whole system is wrapped in the Crown.

If it ever happens I say only agree if Quebec pays for it.  They're the ones who want it.  Aboriginals definitely shouldn't pay for it, and I have no beef with the monarchy at this point.

Immigrants who don't want it can pay for it too.  Let there be a vote and anyone who registers to get rid of the monarchy can pay for it if it passes.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If it’s any consolation, I think Trudeau’s weakness on China is a real and intractable problem for him and his party.  Harper was much savvier on China and many issues than I gave home credit for.  Intellect and experience matter.  

Its more than that.  It's also values and ethics.

Trudeau and his party are wilful beneficiaries of China's interference.

Who knows, maybe if Russia wanted the CPC to win just as bad during Harper's run he may have been conveniently ignorant of the same kind of corruption too.  Harper gov certainly wasn't hawkish on China.

Most politicians who've climbed to a decent level in any powerful party have kissed a lot of arse and sold out to get there.  They're a-holes.

11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Its more than that.  It's also values and ethics.

Trudeau and his party are wilful beneficiaries of China's interference.

Who knows, maybe if Russia wanted the CPC to win just as bad during Harper's run he may have been conveniently ignorant of the same kind of corruption too.  Harper gov certainly wasn't hawkish on China.

Most politicians who've climbed to a decent level in any powerful party have kissed a lot of arse and sold out to get there.  They're a-holes.

That’s why I’m all about reducing the size and powers of government.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If they do nothing who cares?

Well, you do….  Unless you think we should just get a monkey to do it?  Since they do nothing anyway?

It would be crazy expensive

And worth every penny. 

Immigrants

That’s not how it works….   But, since you think that’s a good idea, then you must be in favour of just people like yourself and the Monarchists paying for the GG and monarchy?  Fair’s fair?

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

You should find the enjoyment and pleasure of becoming a 'Contrary Leaf Fan' . . . . "what's better than a seven game losing streak?" . . . . why, that would be an eight, or nine, or, or, or.

Love it when the Leafs play the Canucks . . . . two teams of blue in an arena of "booo, booo"  Hard to hide a grin when these two chronic under achievers flop onto the ice . . . . .

Combined, the Leafs and Canucks = 100+  years of successful failure.

So cheer up Dougie93 . . . . be a Contrary Leaf Fan, you'll feel much better about Canada!

8 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You should find the enjoyment and pleasure of becoming a 'Contrary Leaf Fan' . . . . "what's better than a seven game losing streak?" . . . . why, that would be an eight, or nine, or, or, or.

Love it when the Leafs play the Canucks . . . . two teams of blue in an arena of "booo, booo"  Hard to hide a grin when these two chronic under achievers flop onto the ice . . . . .

Combined, the Leafs and Canucks = 100+  years of successful failure.

So cheer up Dougie93 . . . . be a Contrary Leaf Fan, you'll feel much better about Canada!

it is empowering, my friend

to kick the habit cold turkey, and to not have any cravings for the Leafs at all

this soulless corporation finally went too far, and liberated me in their degeneracy

it doesn't make me feel better about Canada tho, Canada simply falls further away

there's nothing more Canadian than being a hapless Leafs fan, that was the whole shebang