The Left is Destroying Western Civilization

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not getting wound up,  I am simply a student of Canadian history

bear in mind, I was raised to be a Canadian Nationalist from a very young age

but once you actually study the history, you can't find the historical evidence to back any of it up

to wit, Canada is mostly bullshit

Sadly that may be the conclusion of many more Canadians about their own country.  The ideologues running our governments have made the mistake of ignoring some facts and turning fictions into truths.  The Soviets and Maoists did this too.  Persecute people for being honest and soon there will be only liars to turn to.  Pseudoscience and strong opinions are what count when politicians use power to consolidate their power.  The hope for genuine reform fades.

Edited by Zeitgeist

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sadly that may be the conclusion of many more Canadians about their own country.  The ideologues running out governments have made the mistake of ignoring some facts and turning fictions into truths.  The Soviets and Maoists did this too.  Persecute people for being honest and soon there will be only liars to turn to.  Pseudoscience and strong opinions are what count when politicians use power to consolidate their power.  The hope for genuine reform fades.

the Canada Act 1982 has actually failed to launch

so much so, that the Liberals themselves are now overthrowing their own Charter of Rights & Freedoms

by trying to erase the British & French, Canada created a void, when it did not actually have much to fill it with

the Liberals created an historical void, then tried to fill it with a bunch of bullshit, so it was a house of cards

so then America filled that void by default

then Canada went haywire, as the Reb Menace to the South spills over the ramparts by way of the internet

the reactionary panic in Canada to not being able to keep America at bay anymore

is inciting Canada to resort to totalitarianism right out of the Soviet playbook

we've even got Margaret Atwood saying so now

apparently she got The Handmaids Tale backwards

it's actually Canada which is turning out to be Gilead

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

And not a single country beyond this one has our Constitution, preamble or otherwise. 

the Canadian Charter is broadly based on the American Bill of Rights

the Canada Act 1982 was Americanization of Canada in of itself

when Canada overthrew the English Common Law in favour of the American system

Edited by Dougie93

47 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Canada Act 1982 has actually failed to launch

so much so, that the Liberals themselves are now overthrowing their own Charter of Rights & Freedoms

by trying to erase the British & French, Canada created a void, when it did not actually have much to fill it with

the Liberals created an historical void, then tried to fill it with a bunch of bullshit, so it was a house of cards

so then America filled that void by default

then Canada went haywire, as the Reb Menace to the South spills over the ramparts by way of the internet

the reactionary panic in Canada to not being able to keep America at bay anymore

is inciting Canada to resort to totalitarianism right out of the Soviet playbook

we've even got Margaret Atwood saying so now

apparently she got The Handmaids Tale backwards

it's actually Canada which is turning out to be Gilead

I’ve tried not to make this about the American way versus the Canadian way but rather to seek to reform problems within the Canadian system.  I do think we may be approaching a point where we need to ask whether this Canadian way is worth sustaining as a distinct enterprise. I was all for it when there was something of substance worth protecting that looked like values, freedom, and prosperity, with an appreciation for our founding cultures and bilingual aspects.  I’m not sure much of that is being upheld by our governments anymore.  Are we simply UN Jurisdiction North of 49?

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve tried not to make this about the American way versus the Canadian way but rather to seek to reform problems within the Canadian system.  I do think we may be approaching a point where we need to ask whether this Canadian way is worth sustaining as a distinct enterprise.

here's the problem ;

Canada only partially adopted the American system

Canada overthrew the existing Common Law system to replace it with an American style constitution

but Canada did not include all the checks & balances from the American system to go with it

so now you've actually got the worst of both worlds

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are we simply UN Jurisdiction North of 49?

but the government has now convicted Canada of genocide, summarily

not "genocide"

not "cultural genocide"

genocide by the definition of the UN Charter

and nobody has been held responsible, not even an investigation

so Canada is now openly stating that Canada is technically a rogue nation by the terms of the UN Charter

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

here's the problem ;

Canada only partially adopted the American system

Canada overthrew the existing Common Law system to replace it with an American style constitution

but Canada did not include all the checks & balances from the American system to go with it

so now you've actually got the worst of both worlds

It’s like we’re refusing to make the necessary amendments and learn from our mistakes.  Chrétien understood the importance of standing up for Canada by producing the Clarity Act.  That was a reaction to the existential threat posed by separatism.

What checks do we have on the kind of overreach that brought us the Emergencies Act, freezing of bank accounts, and public humiliation/removal of right to protest of political opponents?

We have political party supporters in charge of the committees assigned to investigate the very same governing political party.

All democratic values are suspended in the name of compliance in Canada.  If that’s the Canadian way going forward, I worry for the next crisis. I’m also looking at my kids’ prospects living in an “actively genocidal” country (as described by our government) that is getting too unaffordable and dictatorial.

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m also looking at my kids’ prospects living in an “actively genocidal” country (as described by our government) that is getting too unaffordable and dictatorial.

I suppose I'm more detached about it, because I don't have children

the public school system is nothing short of bizarre at this point

Michael Higgins: 'A lot of reason to be afraid,' says censured teacher critical of the woke revolution in classrooms

Teaching is now a political act that involves indoctrinating children instead of educating them

“I was essentially accused of a thought crime by a teacher I had never met, by saying I didn’t want to indoctrinate kids with critical race theory. I was basically outing myself as someone who  doesn’t agree with politically biased lessons in school and that is no longer an accepted view in our education system,” she said.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/a-lot-of-reason-to-be-afraid-says-censured-teacher-critical-of-the-woke-revolution-in-classrooms

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I suppose I'm more detached about it, because I don't have children

the public school system is nothing short of bizarre at this point

Michael Higgins: 'A lot of reason to be afraid,' says censured teacher critical of the woke revolution in classrooms

Teaching is now a political act that involves indoctrinating children instead of educating them

“I was essentially accused of a thought crime by a teacher I had never met, by saying I didn’t want to indoctrinate kids with critical race theory. I was basically outing myself as someone who  doesn’t agree with politically biased lessons in school and that is no longer an accepted view in our education system,” she said.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/a-lot-of-reason-to-be-afraid-says-censured-teacher-critical-of-the-woke-revolution-in-classrooms

At least in the US there’s a public debate and some states are preventing pseudoscience and discrimination in classrooms.  Not so in Canada.

Edited by Zeitgeist

For those that might be interested in some truth here is a good free movie to do with Evolution versus Creation.  

A Matter of Faith | Creation vs. Evolution | A Rich Christiano Film - Bing video

My hope is that there are some wise men / women out there somewhere that will watch this.  If you really want to oppose leftism and resist it from destroying the west, then there is only one direction to go.

" 9  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. "  Proverbs 9:9  KJV

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

For those that might be interested in some truth here is a good free movie to do with Evolution versus Creation.  

A Matter of Faith | Creation vs. Evolution | A Rich Christiano Film - Bing video

My hope is that there are some wise men / women out there somewhere that will watch this.  If you really want to oppose leftism and resist it from destroying the west, then there is only one direction to go.

" 9  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. "  Proverbs 9:9  KJV

Does it find there was no creation, and evolution is the scientific truth?

Or is it not worth watching?

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

You're not coming to the conversation with clean hands when you ask :How to whine for money and play the victim card?"

Is my description of the current relationship between native leaders and the rest of us inaccurate?

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

Is my description of the current relationship between native leaders and the rest of us inaccurate?

It's an opinion only.  I'm sure it makes you feel better to post things that are insulting.

You got pretty upset when a lady changed a word of the national anthem, and here you are...

It's fine but doesn't lead to an open exploration of issues...

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I was all for it when there was something of substance worth protecting that looked like values, freedom, and prosperity, with an appreciation for our founding cultures and bilingual aspects.

indeed, I was all for it back in the 80's

but the Somalia Affair in the 90's was when my faith was first shaken

the chain of command ordered Matchee & Brown to "rough the prisoner up"

then the chain of command tried to cover the murder up, by dumping the body

then comes the Somalia Inquiry

wherein the Liberals with the aid of a supine media wrote it all off as the army itself being "white supremacist"

meanwhile,  Matchee & Brown are not even white, they're "indigenous"

now that is Canada, writ large

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is now one of the most permissive countries on assisted suicide, abortion, “gender affirmation”, and hard drugs.  .

So i guess our government wants people to die.  Guess that explains our crappy health care systems.  Better for the environment I guess.

Divorces for everyone too.  Let's just f@ck up every family.  Free daycare for all, let the state raise your kids.

Pierre Trudeau's "Just Society".

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

It’s their birthright.  

Yeah, but would it matter in any way if Charles is our King or we make Canada a Republic and make the GG our head of state?

The King doesn't do anything anyways.  Sometimes they visit and wave.  The GG does all the work and all they do is sign papers, pose for pics, and eat taxpayer paid meals.