The Left is Destroying Western Civilization

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

In a free society everyone should have the right to discuss the relevant ideologies and their consequences.  You shouldn't be trying to silence people you disagree with.

And people are free to express their disdain for opinions that are put forth.  Stop trying to silence people you disagree with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

The O.P. did include the central thought if you read it. 

Whoopity-do.  The central thought was apparent from the video link, so you just repeated it.  

Also, I added a lot more information not too far down the comments from the O.P. 

Okay, but my original response came before any of that.  ?

So your claim that there isn't enough information is false.  There is lots of information on page 1 to comment on if you took the time to look.  

Sure, and it was all dumb.  The left hates God and hates America.  ?

All you did was confirm what we already knew - hysterics and hyperbole.  

• Like 1

Just listening to Prager and for those who didn't watch him, here are a few of his points.

He said the Republicans make the mistake of attacking individuals such as Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, Biden, etc.  and that is the mistake Republicans make.  It is not the individuals that matter;  it is leftism that is the problem.  He says the purpose of leftism is to destroy western civilization.  It is the "end game of leftism".

These consequences didn't come from Prager.  They are my own opinion as follows:

We see the consequences of that leftist goal in Canada.  We have a health care system that is being destroyed.  Around twelve thousand people a year are dying on waiting lists.  Twelve thousand.  Where are the memorials?  Where are the national days of mourning?  We have them when a few people are killed by terrorists, which of course is a terrible thing.   We have them for FNs residential school experiences.  Unmarked graves were constantly in the news.  But how much have we heard about the twelve thousand people a year that died on waiting lists?  Almost nothing.  The mainstream media is leftist as are many politicians.  That's why we don't hear much about it.   

How much do we hear about how the B.C. NDP government is fixing the health care crisis?  Almost nothing.  Because they are not doing much.  They are giving billions away for other causes however.  I won't hold my breath for the health care system to be repaired.  Not a lot of hope in that.  Leftism promises everything for free, but does not deliver.  The reason it can't deliver is because there simply is not enough wealth to go around to give to everyone and solve the problems of society.  Government simply cannot provide a utopia.  When the leftists try to appease everyone that has a demand, they end up giving a little to each but not enough to solve the problems of any one thing.  That is what is happening.

Apparently the national debt is in the billions.  How much do we hear about that on the media?  Almost nothing.  How much are we paying in interest to service the debt?  We don't know because the media doesn't tell us.  It's a taboo subject because it doesn't look good on the left.

Edited by blackbird

Another consequence of leftism is the Roxham Road crossing of illegal migrants, many of whom come from latin America.  The are given free medical care and put up in hotels at government expense.

"The Immigration Department has paid $93,886,222 for “long leases” with 30 hotels in Niagara Falls, Montreal, and communities close to the Quebec border, according to a Globe and Mail access-to-information request. (This makes the $400,000 for the Canadian delegation to the Queen's funeral look like peanuts, and the $6000 per night for a room for the unidentified delegate pocket change.)

The kicker? Most of these rooms sat unoccupied. According to Quebec Conservative MP Pierre Paul-Hus, the Hotel St-Bernard in Lacolle, seven minutes from the Roxham Road border crossing, is often empty."

Trudeau loves the Roxham Road crossing because it brings in a steady supply of lefty votes for the liberals.  Most are from latin America which is largely leftist. 

Tasha Kheiriddin: Trudeau can't be trusted to take Roxham Road seriously (msn.com)

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

It is not the individuals that matter;  it is leftism that is the problem.  He says the purpose of leftism is to destroy western civilization.  It is the "end game of leftism".

Sooooo, does he just prescribe sitting on your butts and hoping we'll go away?

How long until you people finally take up arms against us - what part of destroy you don't you understand?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, herbie said:

Yeah yeah it was the left who busted the unions and priced the younger generation out of housing. The left that demands ever increasing dividends and drove inflation back up. The left doing the lobbying over lobster & champagne lunches in Ottawa and Washington. The left that owns and runs everything.

Get back under your bed with your .50 cal machine gun - the bogeyman is coming, the bogeyman !

Who has been in power for the last 8  plus years, and while the left may not be 100 % reasonable for all our nations woes, even the left says they have done very little to control all those factors that have added to inflation, climate change, supply chain shortages, irresponsible finical policies, our current state of health care, housing crises, our infra structure deficit. 

maybe you could give us 10 major policy's that have benefitted this country that has come out of the liberal government ? my money is you can't. 

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sooooo, does he just prescribe sitting on your butts and hoping we'll go away?

How long until you people finally take up arms against us - what part of destroy you don't you understand?

He believes in educating people about the destruction of society by leftism.  I think he mentioned having 250,000 listeners.  Nobody is suggesting taking up arms.  That would be foolish.  

Taking up arms is a common thing with leftists such as Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Hitler, Stalin, etc.  One reason latin America is the mess it is.  Education is the best solution.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nobody is suggesting taking up arms.

Never? Right-wingers will just sit back, let it happen and...meh?

No way. I don't believe it. Maybe in your case as a holy man, you're nurturing a subconscious end-of-times death-wish and you've embraced the horror.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

maybe you could give us 10 major policy's that have benefitted this country that has come out of the liberal government ? my money is you can't. 

You could come up with a list pretty easily, but what you agree is good or "benefited the country" would be a matter of perspective, wouldn't it?  Stuff like legalizing cannabis, child tax benefits, improving the tax code or infrastructure spending could all be considered wins.  You could, of course, take the opposite on each of these, and conclude TRUDEAU MAN BAD and is DESTROYING CANADIAN CULTURE.  

22 hours ago, blackbird said:

Source of Human Rights

Left: government

Right: the Creator

As a conservative I don't agree with this at all.

I'm not gonna ignore the role that Christianity played in bridging the gap between the days of "everyone is religious and religion controls everything" and "religion is personal and the church doesn't control our every move", from which people were able to make the jump to being agnostic and even atheists if they wanted. Christianity also did that while keeping morality basically intact, which led to our current culture and to our constitution. BUT... the Constitution and Charter are the source of our human rights and I don't acknowledge anything else.

Human Nature

Left: basically good (Therefore, society is primarily responsible for evil.)

Right: not basically good (Therefore, the individual is primarily responsible for evil.)

I'd argue that's not the left's position at all.

Leftist politicians are power hungry, divisive people who see everything as a potential wedge issue, and people who are that amoral don't actually have an inherent understanding of the concept of being 'good'.

They package that and sell it to the peons, but they don't believe it themselves, much in the same way that mullahs know you're not gonna get 128 virgins in heaven after you blow yourself up at an Ariana Grande concert, they just know what it does for them if they convince you to do it. 

Hillary is so cold she makes spiders and snakes look warm and cuddly. There's no low that she won't stoop to to get power. That doesn't come from a position of 'believing in good', it comes from knowing what to say to get what you want, i.e. Manipulation/Narcissism 101.

From a conservative POV I think that the vast majority of people are good, but in order to have a society where people can take the time to really invest in themselves to become doctors or great musicians, etc, there has to be an incentive to it, and that incentive is the ability to generate and hold at least some form of wealth. And that requires a stable, lawful society. Without the ability to achieve something extra, and have it mean something, we would all just learn to wield clubs and protect our next meal. 

In places like "Compton" for example, what kid has the luxury of studying math and science for hours a day instead of learning self-defence and working out? And if they do manage to get themselves into a position where they can earn real money, they'll get out of Compton quickly so they can keep their money.

Lawful societies attract decent, hard-working people. That's nails on a blackboard to leftists. 

Edited by WestCanMan

Basically totally wrong about human rights.

God didn't give you dick shit.
The gov't didn't give you dick shit.

People demanded and took what they decided are rights, and forced gov'ts to encode it. The Founding Fathers and Pierre Trudeau didn't give us those rights, they just wrote down some of them the people demanded at the time as rules gov't must follow. And courts have decided those aren't the only rules they must follow as the people demanded more.

How terribly progressive, eh?

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

As a conservative I don't agree with this at all.

I'm not exactly sure what you don't agree with.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

BUT... the Constitution and Charter are the source of our human rights and I don't acknowledge anything else.

Those things are merely pieces of paper and have not protected all rights as we have seen.  Ultimately rights come from God, not from government and not from a piece of paper the government writes things down on.   I think it is a mistake to put your trust in what government says rights are.

Government supposedly gave us a Charter of Rights and with a few general statements is supposed to guarantee everyone's rights and we are led to believe everything is fine.  But this is not the case.  We found out after that in many cases rights are then defined by courts and the Supreme Court, which is a group of fallible people who decide based on their own liberal ideology.  

Edited by blackbird

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The OP was low-effort garbage, and this forum gets spammed by posts like it, and by this poster in particular.  Garbage posts get garbage responses.  If someone wants to take the time to start a debate, ask questions or coherently promote a viewpoint, they’ll get better responses.

Stop trying to censor me.  ?

*Edit*

Literally the next thread I open this morning:

RetardHypocrite.thumb.png.e7991df37e1b4160b26c7887745c6959.png

What was it again?  Oh yeah. 

PhYsIcIan, HeAL ThYseLF

It's true that I purposely changed my writing to match that of the new house style around here. 

At least Exflyboy makes an intelligent point now and then, among the rhetoric.

You, not really.

Absolute bullshit

;) 

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

And people are free to express their disdain for opinions that are put forth.  Stop trying to silence people you disagree with.

I didn't see him doing that. Can you show where he tried to silence anyone?

Stop trying to silence those whose intellect is superior to yours.

Ih wait, that's practically everyone here.

Except Moonbox, Aristedes, Flyboy, Rebonehead,

Actually a long list.

;) 

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It says that the post did not have enough mental effort put into it.  And I agree that that is the #1 problem with the forum today - easy/lazy posts written for people to start vanity fights.

Sugar coat it with lawyer talk all you want. It attempts to insult the poster. 

I never understood why the forum allowed that kind of rhetoric, hurling insults is insults, even if you insult their intelligence. Insults are not debate but it has always been tolerated.

I'm ok with some petty ribbing etc, as long as there is also intelligent content. It keeps things more lively.

I don't see the OP as stupid or useless. I already weighed in earlier on my thought towards it. Doesn't mean I agree with all the point BB makes. However Canada is having some trouble and becoming more divided, and things are much worse to the South. We tend to follow the US far too much, even importing their problems on ourselves. Why that is, is a topic worth discussing.

The unilateral reaction from those I consider on the left is far more interesting.

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

Even you have to admit, that's pretty ripe coming from a leftist. 

If Canadian Hitler got his way the only people left talking on this forum would be you, eyeball, Hardner, robosmith, ExFlyer, MoonBox, CrakHoBarbie, Hodad and Contrarian. 

Every other poster here has said at least a hundred things that would have gotten them banned.  

On 2/14/2023 at 5:56 PM, blackbird said:

Source of Human Rights

Left: government

Right: the Creator

left vs right is of the French Revolution

the left was towards the Commune in the streets, the rule of a mob

the right was towards the monarch, as God's representative on earth

neither side was invoking rights

the only revolution which invoked rights endowed by the Creator

was the War of Independence, across the sea in America

"I do not know how to wish success to those whose Victory is to separate from us a large and noble part of our Empire. Still less do I wish success to injustice, oppression and absurdity" ~ Edmund Burke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It was obvious from the post's title it would stupid and useless.

Really?   ;) 

Ok, destroying may be a strong word. 

But then we could say the same thing happened in the USSR. That mighty pinnacle of achievement of the supreme soviets.

Remember I said extremism is the problem. The extreme of anything is bad.

Then I think I said, "Once upon a time, in pepperland..." or something. Was pretty good, you should go read it.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But then we could say the same thing happened in the USSR. That mighty pinnacle of achievement of the supreme soviets.

that will be our fate in the end

this collapse does in fact parallel the collapse of the Soviets

we are going down in the same way, for the same reasons

seems as if we didn't win the Cold War after all

the Bolsheviks have struck from beyond the grave, driving a stake into the heart of the West

Marxist Zombie Apocalypse

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

You could come up with a list pretty easily, but what you agree is good or "benefited the country" would be a matter of perspective, wouldn't it?  Stuff like legalizing cannabis, child tax benefits, improving the tax code or infrastructure spending could all be considered wins.  You could, of course, take the opposite on each of these, and conclude TRUDEAU MAN BAD and is DESTROYING CANADIAN CULTURE.  

Well i did put a major policies in there, i thought that would whittle the pickings down some or a lot...not that there is many to pick from.  And I'm pretty sure even you would not pick to many out of your provided list and boast about them as being major policies...And yes you can call him what ever you want, I did not say those words you did. My words are, He is a bad PM, one of the worst in our history,  and one could say that he has done very little to promote Canadian culture in fact he has said we have no culture that is specific to Canada..., sure he can dance in parades, even take a knee, when there is a camera, or selfie to be taken.

But what has his party really done for the nation, it really was not a tough question.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Remember I said extremism is the problem. The extreme of anything is bad.

"let me remind you that Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice

and also let me remind you that moderation in the defense of justice is no virtue"

~ Karl Hess ( speechwriter for Senator Barry Goldwater )

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well i did put a major policies in there, i thought that would whittle the pickings down some or a lot...not that there is many to pick from.  And I'm pretty sure even you would not pick to many out of your provided list and boast about them as being major policies...And yes you can call him what ever you want, I did not say those words you did. My words are, He is a bad PM, one of the worst in our history,  and one could say that he has done very little to promote Canadian culture in fact he has said we have no culture that is specific to Canada..., sure he can dance in parades, even take a knee, when there is a camera, or selfie to be taken.

But what has his party really done for the nation, it really was not a tough question.

Building the post natural state.

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

the Liberals did great things for Canada, the Liberals built Canada, Canada is a Liberal project since Laurier

but this is not really the Liberal Party of Canada ruling us anymore

this is a grotesque anti-Western, anti-human, Marxist Malthusian lunatic cult

which overthrew the Liberals while Canada slept