The impending and 100% invented by MAGA Republicans Debt Ceiling Crisis 2023

53 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Of all the goofy expressions to come into American politics the 'unborn' has to be way up high on the list. LOL

Uhm... I consider myself fairly rational. I think Biden and Trump are both failures. But of the two Trump was certainly the worst.

Because...a strong economy, strong international relations and a secure border are...bad things?

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Because...a strong economy, strong international relations and a secure border are...bad things?

Trump had no secure border. Or have you forgotten the cages already, miserable international relations (everyone hated him except autocrats who were delighted at how easily he could be swayed by flattery), and an economy built on huge tax cuts which has (surprise!) led to increased deficits and inflation.

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

Trump had no secure border. Or have you forgotten the cages already, miserable international relations (everyone hated him except autocrats who were delighted at how easily he could be swayed by flattery), and an economy built on huge tax cuts which has (surprise!) led to increased deficits and inflation.

Lol...such BS.

By the time he was done, even the Mexican government had people patrolling their side of the border.

And no...I have nor forgotten Obama's cages. Nor will I forget Biden's free cell phones.

Who cares if Angela Merkle or that fop Macron think? They had to respect what Trump did because all of the sudden, they began paying their NATO bills more.

As for inflation...

https://nypost.com/2022/09/13/inflation-is-up-13-since-president-biden-took-office-economist/

Caused by social programs, yes. I get that. So how come every other country managers to pay for its social programs even though they spend more of their GDP than you do?

That is a LIE. I didn't say CAUSED by social programs. I said that 75 percent of the federal budget was ENTITLEMENTS. (Try to keep up with the class here.)  Social Security is basically welfare to the rich, since seniors are the richest sector of America, and EVERY ONE can get a check. Achievers like Donald Trump do not accept the checks. Hell, he didn't even take a presidential salary.

Only 30 to 40 cents of every Medicaid dollar goes to the actual recipient. The rest goes to administrative costs.

Like senior citizens? So they should all starve? Is that it? Maybe push them out on ice floes?  And health care? There shouldn't be any unless you can pay? If not, what? What is your solution? Take away healthcare from seniors and the poor? Just let them die? You want children to die if their parents aren't rich enough to pay for a doctor?

Typical left wing LIES. It didn't work for you NAZIS in the 80s (when it was used against Reagan) and it didn't work against Trump, either.

And it never occurred to that vegetative state brain of yours that seniors DIDN'T DIE IN MASSES OR LIE ON THE STREETS DYING FROM ILLNESSES long before the Entitlement programs.

Health care? It used to be affordable.  Medicare SINGLE HANDEDLY MADE IT UNAFFORDABLE. The economics behind that fact is WAY over your head, since you apparently have never heard of the law of supply and demand.

Some sources have entitlement spending at 80 percent. Some at 65. I'm being moderate at 75.

9 hours ago, reason10 said:

DemoNazis are the ones who spent us into this crisis. Blaming Republicans is REALLY stupid, even for a blue state cretin like you.

Over the last 5 years, Trump contributed FAR MORE to the debt than ANYONE ELSE.

25% of our total historical debt is due to Trump's tax cuts AND pandemic SPENDING.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Over the last 5 years, Trump contributed FAR MORE to the debt than ANYONE ELSE.

25% of our total historical debt is due to Trump's tax cuts AND pandemic SPENDING.

FACTS.

Trump put America on a credit card economy which was on the verge of collapse when he left office.  Biden did a stellar job keeping the economy running well, and Biden slashed Trump’s deficit by 50%.

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Or have you forgotten the cages already

Just gotta throw this in here- some links to show what is still going on at the US southern border.

Photos emerge of Biden-era detention centres
32 March 2021

Children Are Still Being Separated from Their Families at the Border
Jun 23, 2022

Corporate Media Silent Over New Photos of ‘Kids in Cages’
May 1, 2023

Obviously putting kids in a detention center alongside adults, and letting them roam freely presents a certain problem, so it is "for their own safety". Obama started this program to separate the kids from their parents. Trump continued the program, as does Joe Biden.

But when Trump was president, this was used to attack him. One-sided information is being used to fool you. It is not a lie, but an omission of the truth. No more mention of it now however, which tells you who is running the media. Indications are it has only worsened in that there are now more people in detention than ever.

But it still fools you people.

be-be-be-cause Trump!   :wacko::blink::wacko:

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Just gotta throw this in here- some links to show what is still going on at the US southern border.

Photos emerge of Biden-era detention centres
32 March 2021

Children Are Still Being Separated from Their Families at the Border
Jun 23, 2022

Corporate Media Silent Over New Photos of ‘Kids in Cages’
May 1, 2023

Obviously putting kids in a detention center alongside adults, and letting them roam freely presents a certain problem, so it is "for their own safety". Obama started this program to separate the kids from their parents. Trump continued the program, as does Joe Biden.

But when Trump was president, this was used to attack him. One-sided information is being used to fool you. It is not a lie, but an omission of the truth. No more mention of it now however, which tells you who is running the media. Indications are it has only worsened in that there are now more people in detention than ever.

You are using the media to tell us the media lies. 

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah, that's not actually true. The children had to be separated because of a court order that said it's illegal to detain them  when their parents are charged with a crime. Just as it would be anywhere else in America.

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I think you misunderstood. I simply pointed out the cages to someone who had said the border was secure under Trump. It wasn't secure under Obama, it's not secure under Biden, and it wasn't secure under Trump. Is that too complicated?

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

FACTS.

Trump put America on a credit card economy which was on the verge of collapse when he left office.  Biden did a stellar job keeping the economy running well, and Biden slashed Trump’s deficit by 50%.

While this is technically true, Trump had almost nothing to do with American budgets at the time. He was far too busy having twitter wars with Hollywood celebrities to concern himself with budgets and the economy, neither of which he understood or knew (or wanted to know) anything about anyway. His one intervention, and no one will even admit to it, was getting the word to McConnell that he wanted a bigger piece of that taxcut pie. So in addition to the tax bill exempting his kids from having to pay inheritance tax when he finally rids the world of his existence a special tax measure benefiting real estate companies somehow found its way into the budget.

23 hours ago, reason10 said:

Caused by social programs, yes. I get that. So how come every other country managers to pay for its social programs even though they spend more of their GDP than you do?

That is a LIE. I didn't say CAUSED by social programs. I said that 75 percent of the federal budget was ENTITLEMENTS.

Ah, I see. Would you care to explain the difference between a social program and an entitlement? 

Try to keep up with the class here.)  Social Security is basically welfare to the rich, since seniors are the richest sector of America

So all seniors are rich and don't need social security? Have I got that right? Or Medicare presumably.

and EVERY ONE can get a check. Achievers like Donald Trump do not accept the checks. Hell, he didn't even take a presidential salary.

I guarantee you Trump is getting social security. That man never passed up a buck if he could get his pudgy fingers around it. He 'sacrificed' his presidential salary to look good to the suckers of the world, but he more than made up for it with bribes and things like adding a special tax cut for real estate companies into the budget. 

Only 30 to 40 cents of every Medicaid dollar goes to the actual recipient. The rest goes to administrative costs.

Administrative costs for payers. Within the U.S. system, the share of expenditures that are attributable to administrative costs varies greatly by payer. The BIR costs for traditional Medicare and Medicaid hover around 2 percent to 5 percent, while those for private insurance is about 17 percent.

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/excess-administrative-costs-burden-u-s-health-care-system/#:~:text=Administrative costs for payers,insurance is about 17 percent.

Some sources have entitlement spending at 80 percent. Some at 65. I'm being moderate at 75.

"Some sources" Uh huh. Well, I say it's at just 4%. You show me evidence it's at 80 and I'll show you mine it's at 4.

Ah, I see. Would you care to explain the difference between a social program and an entitlement? 

Are you stupid? I just explained it. A social program can be a PRIVATE CHARITY, something helping the underachievers. There are Catholic Charities that have many social programs that help the truly needy.

An ENTITLEMENT (as far as the federal budget goes) is that section of the  budget that is MANDATORY SPENDING, and it's spending INCREASES EVERY YEAR by law.

So all seniors are rich and don't need social security? Have I got that right? Or Medicare presumably.

Like I asked, ARE YOU STUPID? You can't even keep your lies straight. I NEVER said all seniors are rich and don't need Social Security. What I said was seniors represent the most affluent sector of America society.  Find someone with an education to explain the term "affluent" to you. I don't sub for kindergarten or special ed classes, so I don't have the training for your particular level of dumbass.

I guarantee you Trump is getting social security. That man never passed up a buck if he could get his pudgy fingers around it. He 'sacrificed' his presidential salary to look good to the suckers of the world, but he more than made up for it with bribes and things like adding a special tax cut for real estate companies into the budget. 

You aren't even a SMART LIAR. LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP (and he was the LAST legally elected president) TURNED DOWN HIS PRESIDENTIAL SALARY. It was in the NEWS every, unless you had your head up THE VIEW'S ass for the past six years. If he will turn down a PRESIDENTIAL SALARY, he'll damned sure not take Social Security, especially if his accountants suggest it wouldn't be feasible. THE MAN HASN'T RETIRED, YOU MOE RON. Why would he take Social Security.

This is why everyone says you liberals are such childish retards. You can't even keep your lies straight.

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

FACTS.

That is a LIE. And you are a LIAR. America has ALWAYS been on a credit card economy (people with an education call it government borrowing.) America has ALWAYS borrowed, mostly to pay for wars. It was FDR who was the FIRST president in history to borrow during PEACETIME, which screwed the economy beyond repair.

Biden inherited an expending economy and has now made FDR'S Great Depression look like prosperity by comparison. inflation is almost at Weimar Republic levels. Gasoline prices have SKYROCKETED, thanks ONLY to that unelected son of a btch. Biden is NOW the WORST president in history, followed by Obama, KKKLinton and KKKarter.

You are SUCH A LIAR.

27 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Yeah, that's not actually true. The children had to be separated because of a court order that said it's illegal to detain them  when their parents are charged with a crime. Just as it would be anywhere else in America.

I think you misunderstood. I simply pointed out the cages to someone who had said the border was secure under Trump. It wasn't secure under Obama, it's not secure under Biden, and it wasn't secure under Trump. Is that too complicated?

No problem, thanks for clarifying your comments. I used them to make a point about how we have been lied to. Not by lying, but by careful omissions of the truth.

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

No problem, thanks for clarifying your comments. I used them to make a point about how we have been lied to. Not by lying, but by careful omissions of the truth.

Yes, the shrieking from the mainstream media over the border during Trump's time in office was an excellent example of lying by omission. It might have also pointed out that the US Border Patrol had been begging congress for funds for more detention facilities for years, through both the Trump and Obama administrations, and been ignored.

But then, the Democrats have never professed to care much about the border. And even when they do we know they're lying. The Republicans are supposed to care. But I strongly suspect they're lying too. The only way to really secure borders from floods of migrants is to change the laws that guarantee everyone who asks for asylum be given a formal hearing.

Right now in the US that takes over four years. I'm not sure what it is in Canada, but likely around the same. That's to start the first hearing. That doesn't count the legal appeals. These laws were put in place based on treaties signed in the 1940s and 1950s that need to be canceled. They were of another era, and no one who agreed to them ever imagined hundreds of thousands, and even millions of people would flood north asking for asylum.

The Republicans had a majority in congress and house and a compliant president and never changed those laws, never pulled out of those treaties.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:07 PM, robosmith said:

On the debt-ceiling crisis, take it from moderate Republicans: Be afraid, be very afraid

After THREE RISES under Trump, MAGA Republicans suddenly discover fiscal restraint and threaten to use the crisis to leverage concessions.

Anyone else want them to burn the house down? ?

I've never understood the childish "Hey, they've done it, so we're going to do it too!" mentality - especially when it's adults who are supposed to be leading this country, not kicking and screaming for their own pet agendas. 

On 5/21/2023 at 7:12 AM, I am Groot said:

The deficit when Reagan took over was $74 billion. When he left office it was $153 billion.

Joe Biden's deficit is already scary as hell and he's barely half way through his first two years. 

Joe Biden has an illegal alien problem on our southern borders. 

Joe Biden is sacrificing the economy for some weird climate agenda. 

Joe Biden loves to talk about ice cream with other people's kids. 

Joe Biden is not only old, but mentally, he's REALLY old. 

On 5/21/2023 at 7:03 AM, I am Groot said:

Of all the goofy expressions to come into American politics the 'unborn' has to be way up high on the list. LOL

Uhm... I consider myself fairly rational. I think Biden and Trump are both failures. But of the two Trump was certainly the worst.

Of all the stupid excuses to end a life, abortion has to be the stupidest, most selfish and immoral reason of all. 

You're not even close to rational. It's why you ignore Biden and dog pile Trump. You're a tool, nothing more. ;)

On 5/21/2023 at 7:01 AM, I am Groot said:

Wokeness and MAGA are both terms for groups of brainless simpletons.

"MAGA" has become more than just a slogan. It is now the only thing left that stands between normalcy and left-wing chaos. Now, we both know that society won't stand if a bunch of milquetoasts like you are in charge, so you kinda have to make a decision. But based on what I've seen from you so far, it looks like the woke have already taken up residency in your head. ;)

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

While this is technically true, Trump had almost nothing to do with American budgets at the time. He was far too busy having twitter wars with Hollywood celebrities to concern himself with budgets and the economy, neither of which he understood or knew (or wanted to know) anything about anyway. His one intervention, and no one will even admit to it, was getting the word to McConnell that he wanted a bigger piece of that taxcut pie. So in addition to the tax bill exempting his kids from having to pay inheritance tax when he finally rids the world of his existence a special tax measure benefiting real estate companies somehow found its way into the budget.

So you feel Trump is innocent by means of stupidity and incompetence?

18 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Of all the stupid excuses to end a life, abortion has to be the stupidest, most selfish and immoral reason of all. 

You're not even close to rational. It's why you ignore Biden and dog pile Trump. You're a tool, nothing more. ;)

Then don’t have an abortion. I’ve never had one. 

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

So you feel Trump is innocent by means of stupidity and incompetence?

Trump had and has virtually every character flaw known to man. But in terms of America's economic performance or its budget deficit he had little involvement. He was just, as Mitch McConnell has said, a guy who would sign pretty much anything that was placed before him.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

"MAGA" has become more than just a slogan. It is now the only thing left that stands between normalcy and left-wing chaos. Now, we both know that society won't stand if a bunch of milquetoasts like you are in charge, so you kinda have to make a decision. But based on what I've seen from you so far, it looks like the woke have already taken up residency in your head. ;)

You seem to have a memory that doesn't extend back more than three years. But I, you know, was alive through the Trump years and saw he and his government do absolutely ZILCH to combat wokeness beyond a few publicity stunts. And even most of them weren't until the election loomed. Like him banning all that CRT bullshit in federal agencies. You know that  federal public servants were being indoctrinated by these mandatory sessions right through his time in office, right? At great cost, too. He likewise did little or nothing to push back against the indoctrination of students in either universities or K-12 schools, despite how much federal funding goes to them. Did the government ever say they would no longer give grants or loans to students taking junk like gender studies? Nope. There were a bunch of things a 'milquetoast' like me could and would have done that your fat diaper baby didn't even think of because he didn't know or care about what was going on and he was too busy shoveling fried chicken down his throat while he conducted flamewars with celebrities on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

I don't need to make an excuse to ignore your ranting on abortion. I've been ignoring crazy people for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

I don't ignore Biden. I don't ignore the Democrats. I just don't agree with crazy MAGA kooks. If the Republicans had a party like they did under either of the Bushes, or even Reagan, and I could vote in the US I'd definitely vote Republican. Even if they have someone halfway coherent and reasonably intelligent like de Santis I could easily be persuaded simply because I detest the Democrats and their identity politics obsession so much. But the MAGA stuff is just too far over on the lunatic right for me to abide.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Joe Biden's deficit is already scary as hell and he's barely half way through his first two years. 

Joe Biden has an illegal alien problem on our southern borders. 

Joe Biden is sacrificing the economy for some weird climate agenda. 

Joe Biden loves to talk about ice cream with other people's kids. 

Joe Biden is not only old, but mentally, he's REALLY old. 

And Trump is a man of such profound ignorance and such enormous intolerance for different views and opinions that he simply can't be trusted with any position of responsibility. He doesn't know how government works, or an economy, or business, and is incapable of establishing any kind of trusting relationship with foreign leaders (or anyone actually). Everything you say about Biden might well be true, but Trump is simply not an option. And wouldn't be even if he hadn't tried, in a fumbling, incompetent way, to overthrow the legally elected Biden administration.

Think about this. What other president in US history has threatened to sue both his university and his high school if anyone were to find out what his marks were? 

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 2