The impending and 100% invented by MAGA Republicans Debt Ceiling Crisis 2023

House Democrats Move to Force a Debt-Limit Increase as Default Date Looms

The only clue to the gambit was in the title of the otherwise obscure hodgepodge of a bill: ‘The Breaking the Gridlock Act.'

But the 45-page legislation, introduced without fanfare in January by a little-known Democrat, Representative Mark DeSaulnier of California, is part of a confidential, previously unreported, strategy Democrats have been plotting for months to quietly smooth the way for action by Congress to avert a devastating federal default if debt ceiling talks remain deadlocked.

With the possibility of a default now projected as soon as June 1, Democrats on Tuesday began taking steps to deploy the secret weapon they have been holding in reserve. They started the process of trying to force a debt-limit increase bill to the floor through a so-called discharge petition that could bypass Republican leaders who have refused to raise the ceiling unless President Biden agrees to spending cuts and policy changes.

5 Republicans in the House could bypass McCarthy. :applause:

20 hours ago, robosmith said:

Women's freedom of bodily autonomy is PROGRESS whether YOU LIKE IT or not.

You'd probably agree if you had ANY skin in the game, but you're NEVER going to be stuck with the burden of an unwanted pregnancy.

Admit that you can't prove that the act of terminating an unborn human being is progress. 

2 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Admit that you can't prove that the act of terminating an unborn human being is progress. 

Abortion is a woman’s right. I’m a man; it’s none of my business because I don’t get pregnant. 

The Bible doesn’t mention abortion a single time. 

Edited by Rebound

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Abortion is a woman’s right. I’m a man; it’s none of my business because I don’t get pregnant. 

Abortion is a woman's right in Scumbag, USA, that's it. 

Same for you: Admit that you can't prove that the act of terminating an unborn human being is progress. 

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Abortion is a woman's right in Scumbag, USA, that's it. 

Same for you: Admit that you can't prove that the act of terminating an unborn human being is progress. 

Abortion is legal in many nations, and I admit that abortion is not something I think of very often. But I get how an inferior straight white male like you adds it to you list of things you’ll never do which make you somehow feel superior. 

You aren’t morally superior just because you won’t have an abortion or anal sex. But for some reason you’re obsessed with them. I’m not. What a person does with their sex organs and their bodies is none of my business. 

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Abortion is legal in many nations,

Spoken like a true globalist. You America haters are such a joke. lol

Once again, admit that you can't prove that the act of terminating an unborn human being is progress. 

Edited by Deluge

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Most of you are brainwashed and have no freaking idea what’s happening.  Being fed pablum by your media sources while WWIII is being conducted.  War by other means.  

What are the SOURCES that give YOU ^this supposed understanding and ARROGANCE?

IINM, you never answered the thread I created asking about the sources consumed by Canadians.

17 hours ago, robosmith said:

I admit that YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND the REASONS GIVEN.

lol.

I'll help you:

When a selfish b*tch decides to terminate her unborn and then goes through with the abortion, that ends the progression of that child's life. 

So you see, diapers, there is no progress in the act of abortion which means you, and your fellow cultists, are full of shit. ;)

Edited by Deluge

On 5/6/2023 at 6:39 AM, Deluge said:

lol.

I'll help you:

When a selfish b*tch decides to terminate her unborn and then goes through with the abortion, that ends the progression of that child's life. 

So you see, diapers, there is no progress in the act of abortion which means you, and your fellow cultists, are full of shit. ;)

It's a FETUS, NOT a "child." Duh.

Laurence H. Tribe: Why I Changed My Mind on the Debt Limit

Mr. Biden must tell Congress in no uncertain terms — and as soon as possible, before it’s too late to avert a financial crisis — that the United States will pay all its bills as they come due, even if the Treasury Department must borrow more than Congress has said it can.

The president should remind Congress and the nation, “I’m bound by my oath to preserve and protect the Constitution to prevent the country from defaulting on its debts for the first time in our entire history.” Above all, the president should say with clarity, “My duty faithfully to execute the laws extends to all the spending laws Congress has enacted, laws that bind whoever sits in this office — laws that Congress enacted without worrying about the statute capping the amount we can borrow.”

By taking that position, the president would not be usurping Congress’s lawmaking power or its power of the purse. Nor would he be usurping the Supreme Court’s power to “say what the law is,” as Chief Justice John Marshall once put it. Mr. Biden would simply be doing his duty to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed” even if doing so leaves one law — the borrowing limit first enacted in 1917 — temporarily on the cutting room floor.

Ignoring one law in order to uphold every other has compelling historical precedent. It’s precisely what Abraham Lincoln did when he briefly overrode the habeas corpus law in 1861 to save the Union, later saying to Congress, “Are all the laws, but one, to go unexecuted, and the government itself go to pieces, lest that one be violated?”

For a president to pick the lesser of two evils when no other option exists is the essence of constitutional leadership, not the action of a tyrant. And there is no doubt that ignoring the debt ceiling until Congress either raises or abolishes it is a lesser evil than leaving those with lawful claims against the Treasury out in the cold. 

On 4/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, Deluge said:

I realize this is difficult for government sluts to understand, but I will always question the debt. 

Today's leaders are complete scumbags compared to previous leaders and it gets worse with each passing year.

It's time to start questioning. 

True, but then again it could be argued that it’s already way too late.  The US is headed for insolvency due to the end of the petro dollar.  As soon as the US buck starts dropping in earnest(in contrast to the last 6 months) the world community will dump their US bucks.  This surplus of US cash will crash the dollar. 

Then it won’t really matter who spent what.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, robosmith said:

On the debt-ceiling crisis, take it from moderate Republicans: Be afraid, be very afraid

After THREE RISES under Trump, MAGA Republicans suddenly discover fiscal restraint and threaten to use the crisis to leverage concessions.

Anyone else want them to burn the house down? ?

DemoNazis are the ones who spent us into this crisis. Blaming Republicans is REALLY stupid, even for a blue state cretin like you.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:07 PM, reason10 said:

A. The deficits and debt are due to DEMOCRAT ENTITLEMENT SPENDING ONLY.

Please would you explain to this dumb foreigner why it is the US spends less of its GDP on social programs than almost everyone else in the OECD but can't somehow afford them? I had previously thought the US was a rich country.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:07 PM, Deluge said:

There's no such thing as a MAGA CULT, but there is such a thing as a WOKENESS CULT, and you are a part of it. 

Wokeness and MAGA are both terms for groups of brainless simpletons.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, Deluge said:

Explain the progress behind terminating an unborn human life. 

Of all the goofy expressions to come into American politics the 'unborn' has to be way up high on the list. LOL

On 5/4/2023 at 8:21 AM, Nationalist said:

You have tunnel vision and all you see is Donald J Trump. You're so focused on your nemesis that you don't even realize that by any rational comparison...Ol' Joe is a complete failure.

Uhm... I consider myself fairly rational. I think Biden and Trump are both failures. But of the two Trump was certainly the worst.

On 5/5/2023 at 1:53 PM, Deluge said:

Reagan was a much, MUCH better president than Joe Biden ever has, or will be. 

There's no comparison. 

The deficit when Reagan took over was $74 billion. When he left office it was $153 billion.

20 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Please would you explain to this dumb foreigner why it is the US spends less of its GDP on social programs than almost everyone else in the OECD but can't somehow afford them? I had previously thought the US was a rich country.

Wokeness and MAGA are both terms for groups of brainless simpletons.

Dumb foreigner seems to be correct. This thread is not about GDP or social programs. It is about the deficit in America.

The local

th?id=OIP.SiY6Ar19Q39SDBizseyXBgHaDt&pid

tried to blame Reagan for deficits.

Think of this as an American red state education, which is probably the FIRST TIME you've ever been truly educated.

1. The American federal budget is in two parts: Entitlements and Discretionary.

Discretionary means the taxpayer gets value. Discretionary includes the military (which guarantees our safety and freedom), parks, roads, Congressional salaries, etc. Value for the dollar.

Entitlements is merely transfers of money from those who produce to those who do not.

Right now, ENTITLEMENTS is 75 percent of the federal budget and is growing, (more during Democrat reigns than others.) Here is why:

2 Baseline budgeting. It was signed into law by Nixon (who might go down in history as the most LIBERAL president of all time.) Baseline budgeting means the item goes up EVERY YEAR automatically. ENTITLEMENTS are covered in baseline budgeting. That includes Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, and the interest to pay for these programs, (since the Democrats are BORROWING all this money.) You may need to find an educated conservative to look these items up.

3. Debt Ceiling. Truthfully it is a hoax, and BOTH American parties, (Republican AND Nazi) try to use it to justify their positions. With baseline budgeting, THE RATE OF INCREASE CAN'T EVEN BE TOUCHED. A PRESIDENT cannot TOUCH entitlements, because of the law.  It would require an ACT OF CONGRESS to overturn the original bill  signed by Nixon to STOP this increase. ENTITLEMENTS continue to skyrocket BY LAW.

4. Reagan? The local

th?id=OIP.SiY6Ar19Q39SDBizseyXBgHaDt&pid

aka Roboschitt tried to blame Reagan for the explosion of deficit spending during the 80s. AGAIN, 75 percent of ALL spending increases during those years was ENTITLEMENTS, by law.

Defense? During the Reagan years, Defense was a LOWER  section of the budget than  the last time the budget was balanced in 1969, (DURING THE VIETNAM WAR, when Defense was the largest budget item.) Oh, and the Reagan Tax Cuts wound up bringing in an unheard of prosperity that expanded the economy so much, created SO MANY NEW HIGH PAYING JOBS, that by 1989, an additional TRILLION DOLLARS found its way into the Treasury. You didn't notice it because ENTITLEMENTS ate it all up.

Social Security spending MUSHROOMED in the 80s and Reagan did not have the authority to stop it. And the

th?id=OIP.N0mecwK7PAX243-vLDPZnQAAAA&pid

in the Democrat Party campaigned that Reagan would cut Social Security. That's not possible for ANY president, but the Nazis continue to use that lie.

Medicare was responsible for a LOT of the expanded spending in the 80s because of what was happening to health care. Medicare MUSHROOMED demand for health care (as any FREE MONEY PROGRAM WOULD DO) and Medicare recipients FLOCKED to doctors and clinics and hospitals, causing those price gouging institutions to EXPLODE their fees. In the mid 80s,  the insurance industry was the first to react, with premiums skyrocket, (BY LAW).

Basically this debt ceiling bullschit is nothing more than bad accounting from the Democrats. It has NOTHING to do with the GDP or social programs. But I'll tell you this much:

I don't think there's ANOTHER COUNTRY IN THE FCKING WORLD who right now is SPENDING the 90 percent income tax dollars of those WHO HAVENT EVEN BEEN BORN YET, just to fund ENTITLEMENTS and buy votes.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Dumb foreigner seems to be correct. This thread is not about GDP or social programs. It is about the deficit in America.

Caused by social programs, yes. I get that. So how come every other country managers to pay for its social programs even though they spend more of their GDP than you do?

Entitlements is merely transfers of money from those who produce to those who do not.

Like senior citizens? So they should all starve? Is that it? Maybe push them out on ice floes?  And health care? There shouldn't be any unless you can pay? If not, what? What is your solution? Take away healthcare from seniors and the poor? Just let them die? You want children to die if their parents aren't rich enough to pay for a doctor?

I don't think there's ANOTHER COUNTRY IN THE FCKING WORLD who right now is SPENDING the 90 percent income tax dollars of those WHO HAVENT EVEN BEEN BORN YET, just to fund ENTITLEMENTS and buy votes.

I thought you said it was 75%. Now it's 90%? Actually, it's 52%.