Christophobic bigot AOC violates oath of office by slamming Super Bowl ad

4 hours ago, West said:

Far left bigot AOC goes after Christians who put out a nice Super Bowl ad about Jesus. Comments likely violate 1st and 14th ammendments. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-criticizes-christian-super-bowl-ad-jesus-would-not-fund-commercials-fascism-benign

So you believe that Federal officeholders forfeit their free speech rights? LMAO

IF ANYTHING, House members have GREATER free speech rights as their speech is ALSO protected by the Speech and Debate Clause of the Constitution.

ArtI.S6.C1.3.1 Overview of Speech or Debate Clause

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you believe that Federal officeholders forfeit their free speech rights? LMAO

IF ANYTHING, House members have GREATER free speech rights as their speech is ALSO protected by the Speech and Debate Clause of the Constitution.

ArtI.S6.C1.3.1 Overview of Speech or Debate Clause

You're welcome.

Separation of church and state. Protests people from interference by bigots like AOC

18 minutes ago, herbie said:

Actually a lot of us do. Other than the right wing fanatics who only know of the 2nd Amendment and those who think separation of church & state = politicians can't criticize organizations that act hypocritically funding advertisements.

Hobby Lobby has every right to make commercials if they want. Just because AOC doesn't believe in the message of love and good will, doesn't make it hypocritical. Just makes her (and the two of you) bigots.

And AOC has every right to say whatever she wants to, but having made that clear, what exactly did she object to?  As an atheist without an iron in this particular fire, I couldn't see anything objectionable in any of the videos of the ads I found. 

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

And AOC has every right to say whatever she wants to, but having made that clear, what exactly did she object to?  As an atheist without an iron in this particular fire, I couldn't see anything objectionable in any of the videos of the ads I found. 

Not as a member of congress.. she should stop being an anti religious bigot

3 minutes ago, West said:

Not as a member of congress.. she should stop being an anti religious bigot

No, she has the same rights as everyone else. Her job doesn't enter into it.

Are you saying you have no objections to the views expressed, just the position in society of the person who expressed them?

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No, she has the same rights as everyone else. Her job doesn't enter into it.

Are you saying you have no objections to the views expressed, just the position in society of the person who expressed them?

That a Christian business cannot buy a super bowl ad? I think that's a dumb position. 

Also don't think these lunatics should be suggesting such a thing either as members of congress. Separation of church and state

Just now, West said:

That a Christian business cannot buy a super bowl ad? I think that's a dumb position. 

Also don't think these lunatics should be suggesting such a thing either as members of congress. Separation of church and state

Dumb positions are allowed.  There's nothing in the First Amendment that says anything about dumb positions.

As for the separation of church and state, I don't think that covers personal views. 

I would join you in your objections if she tried to bring in legislation to the same effect.

7 hours ago, West said:

Far left bigot AOC goes after Christians who put out a nice Super Bowl ad about Jesus. Comments likely violate 1st and 14th ammendments. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-criticizes-christian-super-bowl-ad-jesus-would-not-fund-commercials-fascism-benign

You are a loon if you think commenting on a Superbowl ad violates any amendment whatsoever, let alone the 14th. That's a totally bizarre idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West said:

Hobby Lobby has every right to make commercials if they want. Just because AOC doesn't believe in the message of love and good will, doesn't make it hypocritical. Just makes her (and the two of you) bigots.

Hey, here's a question. Did anyone AOC or otherwise say that those commercials shouldn't be made or played? Or did you make that up entirely to have something to complain about?

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Hey, here's a question. Did anyone AOC or otherwise say that those commercials shouldn't be made or played? Or did you make that up entirely to have something to complain about?

She implied Christians are fascists.. pretty insane rhetoric from a member of congress and promoting hate speech toward Christians 

8 hours ago, West said:

AOC is just trying to ingratiate herself with the anti-Christian bigots who infest the big media corporations.

Her remarks don’t make any sense at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, West said:

She implied Christians are fascists.. pretty insane rhetoric from a member of congress and promoting hate speech toward Christians 

A lot of fascists have claimed to be Christian. They are a violent lot. Doubt Jesus would approve.

As are the Israeli Jews who have threatened preemptory nuking Iran in "self-defense."

1 hour ago, West said:

No, unsurprisingly, you've gotten that backward. What she said is that fascism is un-Christian.

And I'll take that reply as a "yes" to the fact that you made up any call to prohibit such commercials. Never happened.

6 minutes ago, Hodad said:

No, unsurprisingly, you've gotten that backward. What she said is that fascism is un-Christian.

And I'll take that reply as a "yes" to the fact that you made up any call to prohibit such commercials. Never happened.

No I didn't make anything up. She's a bigot and so are you for supporting her inciting hatred toward Christians

14 minutes ago, West said:

No I didn't make anything up. She's a bigot and so are you for supporting her inciting hatred toward Christians

Okay, now you're just lying. Plain old lying. WWJD? Probably not lying.

You see? I didn't say that Christians are bad. I said your message wasn't very Christian. Which is exactly what AOC did. 

So go peddle your faux outrage elsewhere. If you have to embarrass yourself with outright fabrications it's a clue that it's probably not an issue worth raising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Okay, now you're just lying. Plain old lying. WWJD? Probably not lying.

You see? I didn't say that Christians are bad. I said your message wasn't very Christian. Which is exactly what AOC did. 

So go peddle your faux outrage elsewhere. If you have to embarrass yourself with outright fabrications it's a clue that it's probably not an issue worth raising.

No she complained about Christians funding a super bowl commercial and called them nazis. Nothing to do with the message. 

Now here you are being a bigot just like AOC. Pathetic

Edited by West

6 hours ago, West said:

because AOC doesn't believe in the message of love and good will, doesn't make it hypocritical

No it doesn't. What Hobby Lobby does and then pays for Jesus ads is what's hypocritical.

Like FFS you simply can't even argue a point, you gotta make up something else or claim the other person said something else entirely and argue that.

1 hour ago, West said:

No she complained about Christians funding a super bowl commercial and called them nazis. Nothing to do with the message. 

Now here you are being a bigot just like AOC. Pathetic

Oh really? Surely you can quote that then?

Or, you're still lying. I'll hold breath for that quote.?

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No it doesn't. What Hobby Lobby does and then pays for Jesus ads is what's hypocritical.

Like FFS you simply can't even argue a point, you gotta make up something else or claim the other person said something else entirely and argue that.

You are a disgrace bud