Democrats now attacking SUBURBS

7 minutes ago, reason10 said:

So all these Boomers who had good jobs that required no higher education can buy homes inline with their wages but young people today can pound salt and commute 2 hours a day if they want to live in a single-family home. 

What about the Boomers whose good jobs required college? Are you saying that doesn't exist? In Florida, it doesn't take a four year degree to be certified to work in air conditioning repair, and those folks start out at six figures a year.

Boomers ALSO had to commute, sometimes two hours a day to EARN what they have. This week, my job will put 500 miles on my car and I'm definitely Boomer age. I'm not complaining. I'm just doing what most intelligent people are doing. I'm EARNING my way

I think many young people would do well to start a trade. But that's not for everyone. 

The price of higher education has also skyrocketed in recent years. 

And you can THANK student loans subsidized by the federal government for that happening. Government has aided and abetted colleges price gouging for the past forty years.

And boneheads run up six figures for a Lesbian Dance Theory degree and wonder why they can barely get hired to flip burgers.

Sure. This doesn't address that creating Suburb with only Single-Family homes in mind has many harmful effects on the price of Real Estate as the population grows. 

I actually know people in Florida that saw their rent prices increase to the point of being unaffordable, forcing them out of their house an into an RV. A person that has worked hard their entire life. 

You'd oppose affordable housing for those people calling them animals because they suddenly can't afford to buy a house in the city they grew up in. 

Edited by Boges

I think many young people would do well to start a trade. But that's not for everyone. 

Agreed. Some could go to college and earn a medical or an engineering degree. Some could certify to teach public schools. There are plenty of choices.

Sure. This doesn't address that creating Suburb with only Single-Family homes in mind has many harmful effects on the price of Real Estate as the population grows. 

To put your mind at ease, there is no such community with zoning only for Single-Family homes. That just does not exist.

I actually know people in Florida that saw their rent prices increase to the point of being unaffordable, forcing them out of their house an into an RV. A person that has worked hard their entire life. 

The free market is a profit AND AT TIMES LOSS arrangement. You can't always get what you want. And NOTHING government does will make things any easier. Everybody works hard. Doctors work hard. Engineers work hard. Burger flippers work hard. The concept of "working hard" is not an automatic entitlement that everything be convenient in life.

You'd oppose affordable housing for those people calling them animals because they suddenly can't afford to buy a house in the city they grew up in. 

Wrong. I oppose FREE HOUSING to welfare cheats, lazy junkies, pimps, drug dealers, muggers and other vermin that wants to crash the suburbs. ALL housing is affordable to the individual who works the hardest and smartest. And ANYONE can work a little harder and smarter and improve his/her situation. That is the positive of capitalism. It rewards initiative and a strong work ethic.

23 hours ago, Boges said:

Well that's now how urban development works. 

If a City is worth living in, the price of homes in the Suburbs will rise and unless you want a community where no one can afford to live there, you have to create more affordable housing like Condos and multi-unit dwellings. 

Many Boomers bought homes in Suburbs in the 80's for under 100k and are now sitting on Single family homes worth well over a million dollars, if not more. But they refuse to have any place built for their kids to live in.

No wonder younger generations hate Boomers. 

Listen to the boomers are you'll be fcked. ;)

To put your mind at ease, there is no such community with zoning only for Single-Family homes. That just does not exist.

Think again. 

https://realestatemagazine.ca/end-exclusionary-single-family-zoning-says-orea/

The Ontario Real Estate Association is calling for an end to exclusionary single-family zoning rules in high-density areas and near transit and subway stations in cities across Ontario to combat a housing crisis that is keeping home ownership out of the hands of many.

“We’ve moved from an affordability challenge in Ontario to an affordability crisis,” says OREA CEO Tim Hudak. “The Canadian dream of home ownership is slipping out of reach and it’s time to do something about it.”

The association says it makes no sense that it is illegal in many urban neighbourhoods of Ontario to convert a single-family home into a townhome, duplex, triplex or fourplex without a zoning bylaw change, while it’s relatively easy to convert an outdated wartime bungalow into a monster four-storey home for one wealthy family.

The free market is a profit AND AT TIMES LOSS arrangement. You can't always get what you want. And NOTHING government does will make things any easier. Everybody works hard. Doctors work hard. Engineers work hard. Burger flippers work hard. The concept of "working hard" is not an automatic entitlement that everything be convenient in life.

Sure. But this narratives flies in the face of your narrative that these efforts to increase densification is just a way to bring in "undesirables". 

Wrong. I oppose FREE HOUSING to welfare cheats, lazy junkies, pimps, drug dealers, muggers and other vermin that wants to crash the suburbs. ALL housing is affordable to the individual who works the hardest and smartest. And ANYONE can work a little harder and smarter and improve his/her situation. That is the positive of capitalism. It rewards initiative and a strong work ethic.

OK but that's not what's being advocated for here. The Opinion piece you cite mentions that the Biden Administration and some states are moving to encourage cities to allow for higher density housing. Not Free, but with more housing the values stabilize or drop. 

I can see why people who already live their oppose this, they want their housing value to go up. But this speaks to a problem in North America. Once you're in. .  NIMBY. 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:21 AM, reason10 said:

You couldn't possibly make this shit up.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/next-dems-hit-list-suburbs

Next on Dems' hit list: The suburbs

If you've worked hard to afford a suburban home, you're under attack

If you've worked hard to afford a suburban house with a patch of lawn where your kids can play, you're under attack.

The Biden administration and Democrats in New York, Connecticut and other states are fighting local zoning laws in order to build high-rise apartment buildings with "affordable" units in tree-lined, single-family neighborhoods. All in the name of equity, meaning everyone can live in a tranquil suburb, whether they've earned the money to pay for it or not.

The Biden administration announced Jan. 19 that it will require all towns across the U.S. to submit "Equity Plans" showing how they will make it possible for low-income people to live there by providing affordable housing, transportation and other resources.

A few discussion points, (for those here without the extra chromosome.)

1. High rise apartments in suburbs? Gee. I lived in Orlando for about 16 years and that dumbass practice led to the most horrific traffic problems of all time. If the low income scumbags don't have to pay for an apartment, YOU KNOW they are going to buy cars. So those nice, easy to drive highways are going to become clogged with traffic and life will be hell.

2. When you bring in low income welfare bums, you don't get a tranquil suburb. You get gangs, drug sales, drive by shootings, muggings, home invasions.

3. And of course, the liberals had referred to suburbs DECADES AGO as WHITE FLIGHT. I had to sit through a couple of Sociology classes and put up with that racist shit. So NOW the goose steppers get to correct WHITE FLIGHT.

ANOTHER reason why correct vote counting and enforcing voter laws is important. BIDEN DID NOT WIN THE FCKKKKKKKKING ELECTION AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

And he's bringing his Nazi crap to YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

And you goose steppers got so mad when Florida Governor DeSantis shipped a bunch of Unelected Joe's ILLEGAL ALIENS to Martha's Vineyard.  Get ready for this bullshit on a national scale.

What is a “low income scumbag”?

I thought you told us that you’re a part-time teacher. That doesn’t seem like a high income profession to me. In fact, it seems pretty doggone low income. Housing prices have skyrocketed and people need to live somewhere. 

If you go to Burger King, do you order a burger from a low income scumbag who doesn’t deserve to have a home? If you run a business, are your employees low income scumbags who should live on the streets? 

Edited by Rebound

35 minutes ago, Rebound said:

What is a “low income scumbag”?

I thought you told us that you’re a part-time teacher. That doesn’t seem like a high income profession to me. In fact, it seems pretty doggone low income. Housing prices have skyrocketed and people need to live somewhere. 

If you go to Burger King, do you order a burger from a low income scumbag who doesn’t deserve to have a home? If you run a business, are your employees low income scumbags who should live on the streets? 

A few points to consider:

1. In America, there is no such thing as DESERVE. You EARN something. Our deficit is in the multi TRILLIONS because Democrats ENTITLED people to sit on their fat asses and get a check.

2. Because you have NEVER had to crack open a textbook above the Florida Third Grade level (a-hole, you STARTED the insults with that crack at my career) you probably have never heard of such a thing as the law of supply and demand.  Housing prices are skyrocketing because DEMAND IS UP. That means a LOT of people want houses and that drives the prices up. And the market is NOT obligated to some entitled dumb ass high school dropout (or college graduate with a Lesbian Dance Theory degree) who can't do better than a burger flipping job.

3. YOUR side of the aisle has NO problem referring to working folk as scumbags, since your unelected racist pedophile TRIPLED the National Debt sending out stimulus checks to PAY PEOPLE NOT TO WORK.

13 hours ago, reason10 said:

1. In America, there is no such thing as DESERVE. You EARN something. Our deficit is in the multi TRILLIONS because Democrats ENTITLED people to sit on their fat asses and get a check.

2. Because you have NEVER had to crack open a textbook above the Florida Third Grade level (a-hole, you STARTED the insults with that crack at my career) you probably have never heard of such a thing as the law of supply and demand.  Housing prices are skyrocketing because DEMAND IS UP. That means a LOT of people want houses and that drives the prices up. And the market is NOT obligated to some entitled dumb ass high school dropout (or college graduate with a Lesbian Dance Theory degree) who can't do better than a burger flipping job.

3. YOUR side of the aisle has NO problem referring to working folk as scumbags, since your unelected racist pedophile TRIPLED the National Debt sending out stimulus checks to PAY PEOPLE NOT TO WORK.

You have no idea what deficit and debt are. You have no idea who or how or why debt was created. 

Biden did not triple the debt- that's preposterous.. And his deficts have come down from the Trump levels. Trump, again, who managed to add as much to the debt in 4 years at Obama did in eight. And that's a big task. To say nothing of the top notch debt accumulation of Reagan and W. The history of our modern debt is owned by Republicans. Crack open a damn history book. 

Edited by Hodad

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

I thought you told us that you’re a part-time teacher.

If you go to Burger King, do you order a burger from a low income scumbag who doesn’t deserve to have a home?

He probably orders it from a graduate.

Edited by eyeball

23 hours ago, reason10 said:

Ignore button for you.  

10 hours ago, Hodad said:

You have no idea what deficit and debt are. You have no idea who or how or why debt was created. 

Biden did not triple the debt- that's preposterous.. And his deficts have come down from the Trump levels. Trump, again, who managed to add as much to the debt in 4 years at Obama did in eight. And that's a big task. To say nothing of the top notch debt accumulation of Reagan and W. The history of our modern debt is owned by Republicans. Crack open a damn history book. 

The national debt is the the money owed from deficit spending. It was FDR who first spent in deficit during peacetime. It was LBJ who exploded the debt with the welfare spending and the Vietnam War. The LAST time the budget was balanced was in 1969 under NIXON and during the Vietnam War

Today ENTITLEMENTS make up 70 percent of the budget, and it's ALL DEMOCRAT SPENDING.

Unelected Joe BLASTED the budget with those stimulus checks, which paid everyone not to work. INFLATION resulted, because he flooded the money market with dollars, MAKING THEM USELESS.

It didn't help that his caused the price of oil to SKYROCKET, by shutting down pipelines.

Get your head out of your ass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

The national debt is the the money owed from deficit spending. It was FDR who first spent in deficit during peacetime. It was LBJ who exploded the debt with the welfare spending and the Vietnam War. The LAST time the budget was balanced was in 1969 under NIXON and during the Vietnam War

Today ENTITLEMENTS make up 70 percent of the budget, and it's ALL DEMOCRAT SPENDING.

Unelected Joe BLASTED the budget with those stimulus checks, which paid everyone not to work. INFLATION resulted, because he flooded the money market with dollars, MAKING THEM USELESS.

It didn't help that his caused the price of oil to SKYROCKET, by shutting down pipelines.

Get your head out of your ass.

You are objectively worthless. Every post you make is full of lies and misinformation and everyone is worse off for having read them. No need to see them anymore. Ignored.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You are objectively worthless. Every post you make is full of lies and misinformation and everyone is worse off for having read them. No need to see them anymore. Ignored.

Educated people recognize the truth, even as you ignorant blue staters allow it to go in one ear and out the other. I only give facts, whether your low brows like it or not.

17 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

wow. Time for a response in your language:

The neo nazi troll which says is a teacher from Florida reached a new low. 

Uneducated low life unemployed tractor. You sit there on welfare because people that you swear at pay their taxes. Substitution once in a month pays your bills troll?

In a competitive society you would be cleaning the streets yet here people allow your mind access to the Internet. Inclusivity for neo nazi trolls.

Who in their right mind would allow such creature next to students?! But who believes your lies, multiple internet accounts neo nazi scum? You are no teacher. You are in a hole somewhere with a computer. Enjoy your views. haha.

I have two careers. One of them I have made known and as usual the GESTAPO trolls here have decided to use it as an tool when you goose steppers lose an argument. My other career (which pays maybe 3/4 of the bills) and which has been very lucrative I keep a secret because you HITLER YOUTH have been known to show up at places where we work and try to Dox us. I learned this from another out of control liberal forum, a bunch of scumbags who likewise were STUPID and very emotional when they lose an argument. They even sent out my home address and published it.

THIS IS A FCKING POLITICAL MESSAGE BOARD, YOU M O R O N. IT'S NOT REAL LIFE. YOU AREN'T REAL. YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF TEXT SPOUTING LIES AND I DON'T OWE YOU JACK SHITE.

I never said I was a teacher. I am a substitute teacher in the state of Florida, (which has the highest standards in the country) for students, and from where NO CRETINS like you would make it past the third grade. And like the REAL teachers here, I present the lesson plan and keep my FCKING POLITICS to myself.  Unlike your BLUE STATE reeducation camps who prepare the HITLER YOUTH of tomorrow, Floridians count on academic subjects to prepare our children for the challenges ahead, of supporting families and paying taxes so Democrats can sit on welfare.

19 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I won't read the garbage of a percieved neo nazi scum welfare troll. You think all of us here don't know your game?

Get a job troll and grow up. 

---> You are all rich and have careers when cornered in your lies like the rats you are.

I have two jobs. I pay taxes so you Hitler Youth can live on food stamps, TROLL.

This site is better for me now that I’ve put reason10 on my Ignore list.  He states ridiculous bigoted lies and then curses at you for any disagreement. He is a toxic individual and does not deserve your attention or time. This board would be much better if we all simply ignore everything he posts. 

25 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, well you have it good in Florida with no state tax.

We have taxes in Florida. And they are adequate to take care of the legitimate needs of government. There is no state income tax.

But we DO have the best schools, the best infrastructure and the best economy in the country. And this state runs a budget SURPLUS.

Compare that to California's GHETTO system, with homeless people shittttting on sidewalks, inferior schools (where teachers are ordered NOT to give grades below a C because it might affect the little cretin's self esteem) where some colleges refer to math as RACIST.

We have it good in Florida because we have RESPONSIBLE elected government that caters to people with JOBS and not to welfare bums.

And if an unelected president sends a few planeloads of illegal aliens to our state in the dead of night, our governor ships those animals to Martha's Vineyard, so the racist Obamas can act like bigoted white country club members in the 1950s. We have a lot of fun laughing at that.

41 minutes ago, Rebound said:

This site is better for me now that I’ve put reason10 on my Ignore list.  He states ridiculous bigoted lies and then curses at you for any disagreement. He is a toxic individual and does not deserve your attention or time. This board would be much better if we all simply ignore everything he posts. 

You entitled CHILD.

(I'm superior because I put a poster on IGNORE, because I'M TOO FCKING STUPID AND IGNORANT TO HANDLE ANY SPEECH THAT DOESN'T COME FROM MEIN KAMPF.)

On 2/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, robosmith said:

Your ABUSIVE responses are a CHILDISH POOR SUBSTITUTE for making actual points. LMAO

It's only abusive to feeble minds. To the educated posters here (read NON WOKE) it's actually hilarious. And we sit back and just imagine your childish triggered faces when you lose yet ANOTHER argument.

(Or do you recall that childish poor remark about FoxNews? Do you think you are entitled to lie and be an a s s hole without some kickback? Do you have a large shelf full of participation trophies?)

2f49o9.jpg

I give FACTS for everyone at first. Those who are too STUPID to at least READ the facts get a little tweak.

It's funny. We're laughing at you, RETARD.

If you don't want us laughing at you, grow a brain and quit being so STUPID.

Edited by reason10