What's with these UFOs all of a sudden anyway?

So okay, the media made a big fuss about the first balloon and the US administration was criticized for being so lackadaisical. So I get they shot down a second smaller one right away, except its strange no one is calling it a balloon. So if it's not then what was it? Now Trudeau of all people gives the okay to shoot down a third one over the Yukon. And again we don't have any description of what it was. I mean, a balloon is pretty unmistakable, isn't it? So why not just call it a balloon? And if it's not then wth was it? I don't believe they don't know what it is. Politicians don't okay shooting missiles at thing when you don't know what they are, particularly Trudeau, who's very much the peacenik type. I assume the Americans prodded him to do it, but we don't seem to have any information about why.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-norad-high-altitude-object-canada/

While Trudeau described the object as "unidentified," Maj. Olivier Gallant, a NORAD spokesperson, told The Associated Press that the military had determined what it was but would not reveal details.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/norad-monitoring-airborne-object-north-1.6745575

Wtf? Why hide this? Whoever sent it knows what it was. Was it a friggin balloon or something else? What happened to open, transparent government anyway?

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

So okay, the media made a big fuss about the first balloon and the US administration was criticized for being so lackadaisical. So I get they shot down a second smaller one right away, except its strange no one is calling it a balloon. So if it's not then what was it? Now Trudeau of all people gives the okay to shoot down a third one over the Yukon. And again we don't have any description of what it was. I mean, a balloon is pretty unmistakable, isn't it? So why not just call it a balloon? And if it's not then wth was it? I don't believe they don't know what it is. Politicians don't okay shooting missiles at thing when you don't know what they are, particularly Trudeau, who's very much the peacenik type. I assume the Americans prodded him to do it, but we don't seem to have any information about why.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-norad-high-altitude-object-canada/

What is also strange is why does NORAD (the U.S. and Canadian forces) need the approval of Trudeau to shoot it down?  If it is a threat, why does the Canforces need to run around looking for Trudeau to ask him if it is ok to shoot it down?  Shouldn't the officers in the Canforces have the authority to make a decision like that?  It is a relatively trivial thing anyway.  Or have we become a one-man government and defence force?

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What is also strange is why does NORAD (the U.S. and Canadian forces) need the approval of Trudeau to shoot it down?  If it is a threat, why does the Canforces need to run around looking for Trudeau to ask him if it is ok to shoot it down?  Shouldn't the officers in the Canforces have the authority to make a decision like that?  It is a relatively trivial thing anyway.  Or have we become a one-man government and defence force?

No.

55 minutes ago, blackbird said:

they really don't pose a threat to anyone here in Canada, and if it is going to cause an inter national incident, then ya better get the big guys ok... military does not have any friends, and it does not need any help getting into trouble, they may get some photos of our sub fleet in west Edmonton mall. the US however they got shit to hide.

Interesting.  3 in a week, a very eventful week.  It’s like, hey everybody, look over there!  It’s a balloon to capture data and your attention.

Oh look, there’s another in Alaska!  And another one!  Trudeau gets to shoot it down.  And we’re calling this one a UFO!!

US F-22's shot down the balloon that was traveling over the Yukon (Canadian airspace).  This is so embarrassing.  We can't even defend our own airspace against a balloon without America's help.  IT'S A BALLOON!

"I ordered the take down of an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace. [NORAD] shot down the object over the Yukon. Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object," Trudeau said in a statement on Twitter.

• Haha 1

Foreign missiles that allegedly entered NATO airspace also haven't been identified but already known "to pose no threat" (someone must have that higher knowledge). Must be only a happy coincidence. Always try to appease a bloody dictator and watch what they'll be up to next.

Works like a charm (the strategy).

Edited by myata

48 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

US F-22's shot down the balloon that was traveling over the Yukon (Canadian airspace).  This is so embarrassing.  We can't even defend our own airspace against a balloon without America's help.  IT'S A BALLOON!

It's also evidence we don't need to defend our own airspace Americans will defend it for us.

You should read up on the relationship between great blue herons and eagles. I'm always amazed by the way certain efficiencies in survival tactics are often repeated in nature.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's also evidence we don't need to defend our own airspace Americans will defend it for us.

You should read up on the relationship between great blue herons and eagles. I'm always amazed by the way certain efficiencies in survival tactics are often repeated in nature.

We also don't need our own country, the British will make our laws for us.

Why bother moving out of the house either?  Mom will cook me dinner and do my laundry until i'm retired.  Why do I even bother wiping my own bum?

If we're attacked by a much more powerful country, sure our NATO allies can help, that's what the alliance is there for.  But its a balloon.  We allowed another country's military aircraft into our sovereign borders to destroy a balloon for us, and in front of our biggest rival.  This government is utterly incapable of defending Canada, proven over and over.

Maybe, for once in our history, Canada can stand on its own two feet.  We are conditioned by hundreds of years of history not to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2