Is it a Chinese weather balloon or spy balloon?

13 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

It's your own time you are wasting.

You could be learning instead.

I am learning, all the time, never stoop.

I am still learning to dismiss blowhards, fools and blatherers, BSers, falsifiers, prevaricators and spinners of yarns. That is a lifelong undertaking. :)

Edited by ExFlyer

One big problem with saying these balloons are surveillance or spy balloons is it diminishes the fact China has already infiltrated every aspect of our political life, academia, business, technologies, telecommunications, etc.  This spy balloon claim is a perfect distraction for China because it makes everyone think that balloons are the only way they can spy on the west when in fact they have infiltrated every aspect of western technology and life.  Good grief.  Wake up!  These balloons actually play into the hands of people like Trudeau who admires Communist systems like his father.  Successive Canadian governments have enabled a huge trade relationship with China making them the second largest trading partner while doing next to nothing to stop their influence in Canada.

It is not the balloon that is spying;  China has spied on the west and collected technology and information for decades.  The real reason for the balloons may be to distract everyone into thinking these balloons are the only spying China did when they have collected a vast amount of intelligence for many decades.   Our leaders and mainstream media have aided China in this by making much of the balloons as spying.

If you want some evidence of the ongoing intelligence gathering, read some books like "Claws of the Panda" by Jonathan Manthorpe which talks about Beijing's campaign of influence and intimidation in Canada.

Edited by blackbird

Some interesting articles on these balloons from Popular Mechanics.

Chinese Spy Balloon: Why It Took So Long To Shoot Down, What’s Next (popularmechanics.com)

Spy Balloons Are Also the New Secret Weapon of the United States (popularmechanics.com)

Apparently they can be hard to detect and are likely much cheaper to produce.

On 2/9/2023 at 4:58 AM, ExFlyer said:

You have evidence to dispel what is being said?

You still have not learned the basics of allegations and evidence.   What dark part of the world did you come from?  No legal system, except Communist China and other heathen countries, accepts an allegation without evidence.  That means nobody needs to give evidence to dispel an allegation that has been made without evidence.   It is just speculation, which is not established fact.  In civilized countries and groups, we don't waste time trying to dispel false claims and allegations and we don't need evidence to do it.

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

You still have not learned the basics of allegations and evidence.   What dark part of the world did you come from?  No legal system, except Communist China and other heathen countries, accepts an allegation without evidence.  That means nobody needs to give evidence to dispel an allegation that has been made without evidence.   It is just speculation, which is not established fact.  In civilized countries and groups, we don't waste time trying to dispel false claims and allegations and we don't need evidence to do it.

I am fully aware of "basics of allegations and evidence."

I think it is you that assume you know everything.

They have been very clear in announcing they were tracking it from the point of departure to when they shot it down. You must have missed that in defending your China posts.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/6/us-tracked-chinese-spy-balloon-start-held-attack-n/

Guess what?   President Biden just announced three balloons that were over the U.S. were NOT spy or surveillance balloons.  I have been exonerated when I said they may not have been spy balloons.  Where are the apologies from the liars and accusers on here who were adamant I was wrong and claimed they were spy balloons and claimed I was a China supporter? 

Of course the politicians and media who claimed they were spy balloons all along will never apologize or backtrack.  They can't be trusted.