15-Minute Cities

Jeez I already live ina 15 minute town. Walk anywhere in town, even in the snow within 15 minutes. Nowhere to go or do though. Not even a pub in town anymore. Red Apple and treat yourself to a Pop Shop and some candy? SaveOn for a $45 steak to bring home? Fields for their Size 8 workboots and men's S shirts?

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Maybe for as long as it takes to give your head a shake but only a simpleton would spend any time dwelling on them. 

Oddly enough that's the way I feel about some of the nutty things you obsess over. But we already know yours turned out to be false. Still think the unvaccinated need to be mandated out of polite society but think the clot shot protects you from infection? Actually you should have pegged that one as illogical if not nutty when you were pushing it.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, West said:

2. Well they try to market the filth under a palatable name.. 

and you try to conflate it and with your bed-wetting hysterics. FILTH! IT'S FILTH MOMMY!

18 hours ago, West said:

3. They do... they signed onto the agreement. 

Actually that's false... anything ratified through the UN security council is generally legally binding. It's why they are trying to declare the environment a "human right".

Was this agreement ratified by:

a) the Security Council 

b) the General Assembly

?

On 1/26/2023 at 10:41 AM, ExFlyer said:

Geez, it is the new suburbs.

No one is preventing or trying to prevent travel. All they are trying to do is make things available within 15 minutes of your residence.

Just a new name for the "Burbs" LOL

Not true in some proposals:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/amp/radical-plan-to-ban-drivers-crossing-neighbourhoods-275055/

On 1/26/2023 at 5:34 PM, herbie said:

Imagine an Edmonton of two million people where you can live inside a “15-minute district,” with easy access to everything you need by any mode of transportation.
Restaurants, parks, grocery stores and retail stores all within reach inside your own bubble within the larger city.

For those constant whiners that can't even read and whose minds are a conspiracy of their own.
Nowhere does it say you can't own a car or your not allowed to visit your daughter, those are delusions of your mental impairment. Not any great conspiracy, this has been planning policy in many places for decades under the name 'neighbourhoods'. 

Ya but then....

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/03/15-minute-city-stickiness/

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

and you try to conflate it and with your bed-wetting hysterics. FILTH! IT'S FILTH MOMMY!

Was this agreement ratified by:

a) the Security Council 

b) the General Assembly

?

What's the difference? 

As I said Canada has agreed to report their progress to the UN. Whether or not it's binding is kinda irrelevant to the situation... 

It's also a fact they are trying to make the environment a RIGHT. 

10 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It would make people use a ring road to get to another neighbourhood instead of going direct to their destination. I know nothing about their road system and traffic problems but on the surface it looks like people would be driving farther to get to the same place.

2 hours ago, West said:

What's the difference? 

As I said Canada has agreed to report their progress to the UN. Whether or not it's binding is kinda irrelevant to the situation... 

The difference is whether it’s binding or not, and you were the one who brought up the security council. 

UN General Assembly Resolutions aren’t worth much of anything.  It allows leaders to virtue signal and act like they care did anything, without actually being required to follow through.  

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

. I know nothing about their road system and traffic problems but on the surface it looks like people would be driving farther to get to the same place.

That's right.  It is to encourage going to local 15m walkable businesses in order to discourage driving for climate reasons, and "traffic" they allege.

48 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The difference is whether it’s binding or not, and you were the one who brought up the security council. 

UN General Assembly Resolutions aren’t worth much of anything.  It allows leaders to virtue signal and act like they care did anything, without actually being required to follow through.  

And why is your irrelevant point relevant to my post about Harper? 

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

It would make people use a ring road to get to another neighbourhood instead of going direct to their destination. I know nothing about their road system and traffic problems but on the surface it looks like people would be driving farther to get to the same place.

They would use transit, or taxis. 

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

At least until their carbon credits were used up.  Then they stay home.  Or else.

What is the matter with you? How do you manage to get out of bed in the morning and make it to the end of the day without slashing your wrists?

Good grief, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone with such a black dismal view of reality.

Have you been like this all your life? Is it caused by depression? And yet that said... perhaps this way of thinking cheers you up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What is the matter with you? How do you manage to get out of bed in the morning and make it to the end of the day without slashing your wrists?

Good grief, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone with such a black dismal view of reality.

Have you been like this all your life? Is it caused by depression? And yet that said... perhaps this way of thinking cheers you up.

I bet she’s quite happy.  

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

They would use transit, or taxis. 

Whaaat?  In Canada, where distances are great, winter is harsh, and there are very few trains.  Taxis?  Lol.  How many thousands do people have to set aside for this?  Get real.  I assume you expect everyone to work from home to prevent the theoretical future crisis?

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I bet she’s quite happy.  

Whaaat?  In Canada, where distances are great, winter is harsh, and there are very few trains.  Taxis?  Lol.  How many thousands do people have to set aside for this?  Get real.  I assume you expect everyone to work from home to prevent the theoretical future crisis?

Quite happy reading an article then making a whole bunch of shit up in order to turn it into a conspiracy. There is no way any government is going to force Albertans not to use their vehicles in winter.

45 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I bet she’s quite happy.  

The article wasn’t about Canada.  

43 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Quite happy reading an article then making a whole bunch of shit up in order to turn it into a conspiracy. There is no way any government is going to force Albertans not to use their vehicles in winter.

Further to that there's been no sign we'll have to resort to swimming or paddling to get around out here on the coast. I burned my usual 100 litres of diesel today and tomorrow's another day - in a month it'll be more like 200 - 300 litres a day.

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Those people are batshit crazy.

The funny part of all this is that it's a backwards way of segregation. 

I say that because most black people are related to other black people, and to few, if any, white people. Vice versa for white people, Chinese, Korean, Latino, etc.

If you can't drive to other parts of town to see your family it will force families to cloister in certain areas. 

White neighbourhoods. 

Chinese neighbourhoods. 

Black neighbourhoods. 

Latino neighbourhoods. 

Etc.

Most leftist policies actually are aimed at the poor.

When they bring in illegal immigrants, those people work for cheaper than the lowest income earners in America, and compete with them for low-income housing. It's awesome for people who need their lawns cut and affordable nannies for their kids. The Dems just figured out how to get the poor people to vote against themselves.

When the Libs here raise the cost of living and make gas more expensive it doesn't hurt Trudeau or Morneau, they don't even notice. It hurts the poor people who got sucked into voting for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how easy it is to bring in sea change policies.  No one cares to see past their damn internet wifi.  It's going to take the few to step up and become heroes.  Champions for truth.  Sacrificing all they have to give, because the masses are lost otherwise.  God help us all.