Classified documents found at Mike Pence’s home, lawyer says

I'm guessing a few classified documents in the wrong place is far more common than understood.

When I worked in a classified facility, a co-worker left the room AND left a vault filing cabinet unlocked and OPEN.

I noticed that it was OPEN and went to find him and notify him about it. Technically I should have reported his security violation but did not. Instead, KNOWING that it was an accident, I gave him the chance to put it right.

Point is, accidental mishandling happens A LOT.

Trump's case is very different because he had hundreds and fought to KEEP THEM; disingenuously and obliviously pretending that his "authority" to "declassify" justified HIS putting the country IN GREATER DANGER.

The technicality of "declassifying" DOES NOT reduce the DAMAGE that could be caused by public release of carelessly stored documents. As previously detailed by investigators, Trump's closet was NOT EVEN LOCKED.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

I'm guessing a few classified documents in the wrong place is far more common than understood.

When I worked in a classified facility, a co-worker left the room AND left a vault filing cabinet unlocked and OPEN.

I noticed that it was OPEN and went to find him and notify him about it. Technically I should have reported his security violation but did not. Instead, KNOWING that it was an accident, I gave him the chance to put it right.

Point is, accidental mishandling happens A LOT.

Trump's case is very different because he had hundreds and fought to KEEP THEM; disingenuously and obliviously pretending that his "authority" to "declassify" justified HIS putting the country IN GREATER DANGER.

The technicality of "declassifying" DOES NOT reduce the DAMAGE that could be caused by public release of carelessly stored documents. As previously detailed by investigators, Trump's closet was NOT EVEN LOCKED.

Look at this.

Trump is defending Pence according to Forbes:

'Leave him alone': Trump defends Mike Pence as 'an innocent man' after discovery of classified records at former vice president's home.

So Trump is a special counsel now? does he want Pence as a VP again? 😀

Edited by Contrarian

28 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Look at this.

'Leave him alone': Trump defends Mike Pence as 'an innocent man' after discovery of classified records at former vice president's home.

“It’s only a crime if a Democrat does it.”

Donald Trump

50 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Look at this.

EXPECTED. Let us know when Trump defends Biden. That would be shocking news. LMAO

And no, Pence will not be Trump's running mate. He'd be a fool to do that after Trump threw him to the sharks.

Though maybe he IS a fool.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:39 AM, Contrarian said:

Look at this.

Washington’s little secret: ‘Spillage’ of classified information is a common occurrence

What is known in intelligence circles as ‘classified spillage’ is, in fact, incredibly common, according to former intelligence officials and attorneys who specialize in cases involving classified information.

Most of these cases are simple mistakes that aren’t charged as crimes: a government employee accidentally takes a document home in their briefcase or fails to follow the correct protocol for handling a particular piece of information.