Premier Danielle Smith: Train wreck

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

You forgot the job of the opposition leader is to oppose the government.  So criticizing him for "sound bites" doesn't make sense.  That is how the Parliamentary system works.  It is always sound bites.  You seem to be somewhat of a liberal if you have bought into the climate change scam.  The liberals have no idea how the economy works or don't care. That's why it is so bad with high inflation and huge lack of housing for Canadians.  

Don't forget conservatives believe in letting free enterprise build the economy and prosperity.  Liberals believe Canada needs intervention in everything.  That's the same situation in provincial and municipal governments and is the reason it takes so long and so much red tape to get approval to build homes, etc.  Same problem with mining.  It takes many years and much red tape to get approval to build mines or even start.  That's liberalism. Over regulated and over taxed.

The ideology of conservatism and liberalism are quite different and that is a more important consideration than personalities.

First, if you believe that the climate crisis is a scam, you should sue your physics prof, because she lied to you. However, that is a separate thread. 
Mr. Poilievre is advocating action that is beyond the scope of the Federal Government. The Bank of Canada is responsible for bringing down inflation and has managed to cut inflation in half in under a year. It would be Ill advised for the government to interfere with BoC policy, particularly since the bank is performing well. Inflation has been cut from over eight percent to under five. The effects of COVID will be wth us for decades. The combined response of both the Provincial and Federal governments cost a devastating amount of money but it saved tens of thousands of lives.

I have been a conservative activist for over fifty years. However, since Peter MacKay stabbed the Conservative Party in the back, we have No Conservative Party. Though Premier Smith and Mr. Poilievre falsely claim to be “conservative,” they are actually a blend of Social Credit and republican. 
We are three weeks away from the Coronation and not a peep about the Grits inaction in celebrating what is supposed to be the most important event for conservatives in decades. 
Premier Smith’s legal machinations are an embarrassment for conservatives. Prime Minister Trudeau got into hot water for considering interference with a Crown prosecution. Did Premier Smith learn nothing from that affair?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

However, since Peter MacKay stabbed the Conservative Party in the back, we have No Conservative Party.

How so?  Most conservatives supported amalgamating the old Progressive Conservative Party with the Canadian Alliance to form the Conservative Party of Canada back in the early 2000s.  The old PC party was too much like the liberal party and too progressive.  You seem to be more of a liberal than a conservative.  There wasn't much difference between the old PC party and liberals.  They were more of a central Canada party that neglected the western provinces.  The new CPC is more pro western Canada than the PC party was.  So joining the PC and CA made sense.  Unfortunately diehard liberals in PC clothing had a hard time accepting it, which seems to include you.  I think Kim Campbell is like that.  Not sure where Brian Mulroney stands since he was a PC leader.  Does he support the CPC or did he decide to distance himself?  

The Liberals party has had all kinds of ethics breaches with Trudeau.  I don't know why you still trust him and think Poilievre is so bad.  Doesn't make much sense.  Progressivism is actually diabolical with same-sex marriage, abortion, etc.  That is one reason I let my membership in the CPC die.  I am not a strong fan of PP, but I do see how he is preferable to Trudeau because he opposes a lot of liberalism, state control, and denial of freedom of speech.  Trudeau is a strong globalist and a Romanist, meaning he supports no borders and supports U.N. control.  He also has a history of Canada having strong ties to Communist China.  That is insane.  Supporting liberalism or NDP is the same as supporting Orwell's 1984,   Big Brother.

This is where it is all heading:

"5  And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. {harlots: or, fornications} 6  And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. "   Revelation 17:5, 6 KJV

Edited by blackbird

59 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I can't see the post you refer to, but you should ignore posters who still cling to this conspiracy theory.

Still trying to silence others you don't agree with.  Your climate change scam is the conspiracy to control the world and set up a new world order with the U.N. at the centre.  

Too bad you will miss this gem:

"5  And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. {harlots: or, fornications} 6  And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. "  Revelation 17:5, 6 KJV

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Blackbird, did you even take physics?

I re-read this and realize it comes across as snarky. I apologize. My own formal education in physics ended in grade 12. Because I am deficient in physics, I look to people who know more than I do. If the overwhelming majority of climatologists and leading physisists believe we are facing a rapid global temperture rise in just a few centuries, I believe them. 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

If the overwhelming majority of climatologists and leading physisists believe we are facing a rapid global temperture rise in just a few centuries, I believe them. 

"

Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.

None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.

What follows is a collection of notably wild predictions from notable people in government and science.

More than merely spotlighting the failed predictions, this collection shows that the makers of failed apocalyptic predictions often are individuals holding respected positions in government and science.

While such predictions have been and continue to be enthusiastically reported by a media eager for sensational headlines, the failures are typically not revisited.

1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’"

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions - Competitive Enterprise Institute (cei.org)

Dire famine predicted.webp

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.

None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.

You are not paying attention. How can you say that a predicted dramatic global temperature rise will occur in just a few centuries is wrong when it is only in the beginning stages?  What we are doing now, in just the last 150 years, will have terrible results in just a few more centuries. 

You are saying that if a person jumps off a baclony on the 9th floor and on the 8th floor level says the prediction of a bad ending were wrong because he's still fine.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Blackbird, did you even take physics?

It is a fact that the scientific method has nothing to do with the climate change fear-mongering scam.  It is pure speculation.  It is impossible to prove the claims.  Do you even know what the scientific method is for establishing a fact?

Edited by blackbird

It seems we are at an impasse. I did not take physics beyond grade 12, so I listen to people who know more than I do. The over whelming number of leading physicists and climatologists say the climate is beginning to warm faster than previous warming periods. They point to the recent rapid increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and they can tie that to human activity. They say we are at the beginning of the acceleration of warming and the major effects will be felt in just a few centuries. 

You say it is all a scam, but that relies on thousands of physicists and climatologists participating in a conspiracy. That just doesn't work. 

However, neither you or I appear to be at a point where we will change our views. But thank you again for this debate. Stimulating as always. ?

On 4/11/2023 at 11:33 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Red Tories provide the closest thing to a perfect government.=

For sure - IF your idea of a perfect gov't is corruption, graft, wasteful spending, national division, and long term unsustainability.

Otherwise -not so much.  Better than the liberals. Or the ndp, But that's about it.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

If the overwhelming majority of climatologists and leading physisists believe we are facing a rapid global temperture rise in just a few centuries, I believe them. 

Here's the thing tho - you don't talk to them. Do you.  I doubt you even read their papers.

You talk to the media and to the gov't who TELLS you what those people said - and those people don't get to talk about it to you.

So the gov't says "well all the scientists agree.... " and you think they all agree. But in fact many might not. But you'll never know.

Scientists PROVED that a person could not fly an airplane faster than about 90 miles an hour - it would be too much for them.  They were CERTAIN that attempting to jump out of a byplane with a parachute was pointless because the wind would kill the person.

More recently - science was SURE That antiboitics were very safe with no side effects - that was in the 60's. So they prescribed them for everything.  And they were very wrong.

And just this year - proof that even einstien got it wrong once in a while at the nobel ceremonies.

Trust in god. But tie up your camel.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Does the bible tell us so?

I take it you are asking a serious question.  The Bible is not meant to be a scientific encyclopedia.  The Bible is God's revelation to mankind.  It tells how we are all fallen sinners and need to be born again.  As long as we are unregenerate or not born again, we are at enmity with God and destined for eternal damnation.   By believing on Jesus Christ and what he did for us personally, we are born again and have our sins forgiven completely.  Have you considered that?

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You say it is all a scam, but that relies on thousands of physicists and climatologists participating in a conspiracy. That just doesn't work. 

There are lots of examples in history where the majority thought a certain way and then later it was found out that they were wrong or mistaken.  Millions of people believe all sorts of things that have been proven wrong.  Why do you blindly accept the climate scam?

It was claimed that people are born homosexual.  But it was later found that was false.  There is no evidence in the genes.

Yet you believed that lie too.

Millions of people worship Mary and other saints.   Yet the Bible condemns that as idolatry (Maryolatry).

We have had 50 years of false climate predictions.  Yet you claim man-made climate change is the problem.

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions - Competitive Enterprise Institute (cei.org)

• Like 1