Premier Danielle Smith: Train wreck

I've heard a lot of criticism of Prime Minister Trudeau's request to the AG of Canada to see if the Chief Prosecuter would consider a deferred prosecution for SNC Lavalin. Now we have Premier Danielle Smith's office trying to influence the prosecution of suspects involved in the illegal blockade at Coutts,Alberta. I happened to be in BC in 1998 when Glenn Clark was Premier of BC. The question every morning was, not if Premier Clark did something stupid that day, but what kind of new studid thing did he do. The fact that he would do something stupid every day was a given, like the sun rising in the east. But what was amazing was the lengths he would go to to find some new stupid thing every day. He was almost an artist, using stupidity as his medium. Now, we see he has an apprentice in the Glenn Clark School of the Stupid Arts, in the form of Danielle Smith. Where do they find these people.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I lived in BC for 22 years, and I've only lived in Alberta for 16. 

Can I still be a British Columbian?  For a few more years, at least.

No you may not.  You moved, that was your free will, tough noogies if you don't like the government.

And the first thing I did when I saw the silly thread title was check which liberal left winger came up with that one. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sharkman said:

No you may not.  You moved, that was your free will, tough noogies if you don't like the government.

And the first thing I did when I saw the silly thread title was check which liberal left winger came up with that one. 

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Nothing wrong with the OP, of course.  Danielle Smith is a wingnut of the first order. 

I can see why someone who believes in Krakens might not think so, though.

2 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Bitterness will not help.  You move to Alberta, you lose your BC membership, sucker.

Yeah, I said as much.  I was responding to your defence of Danielle Smith.

Actually I've felt she was the best thing to come along in Canadian politics in a long time. I like her bold attitude. She said she would fire a bunch of people, and she did. That's why she got elected, I presume, because people want her to do what she's doing. Clean out the dead wood and fire the goddam riff raff. Health care nuts ahouls bw held responsible for their incompetence handling Covid. Most of all, fight Truduae.

And that's where these media attacks are coming from right there. Enemy of 'the State', CBC's out to get her.  It is not surprising however to watch you government boot-lickers swallow up all that crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

I've heard a lot of criticism of Prime Minister Trudeau's request to the AG of Canada to see if the Chief Prosecuter would consider a deferred prosecution for SNC Lavalin. Now we have Premier Danielle Smith's office trying to influence the prosecution of suspects involved in the illegal blockade at Coutts,Alberta. I happened to be in BC in 1998 when Glenn Clark was Premier of BC. The question every morning was, not if Premier Clark did something stupid that day, but what kind of new studid thing did he do. The fact that he would do something stupid every day was a given, like the sun rising in the east. But what was amazing was the lengths he would go to to find some new stupid thing every day. He was almost an artist, using stupidity as his medium. Now, we see he has an apprentice in the Glenn Clark School of the Stupid Arts, in the form of Danielle Smith. Where do they find these people.

This link from Global News appears to put your claim into serious doubt. And Global News is not generally friendly to any Conservatives.

Alberta Justice says probe uncovered no evidence of emails between Smith’s office, Crown prosecutors | Globalnews.ca

17 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Actually I've felt she was the best thing to come along in Canadian politics in a long time. I like her bold attitude. She said she would fire a bunch of people, and she did. That's why she got elected, I presume, because people want her to do what she's doing. Clean out the dead wood and fire the goddam riff raff. Health care nuts ahouls bw held responsible for their incompetence handling Covid. Most of all, fight Truduae.

And that's where these media attacks are coming from right there. Enemy of 'the State', CBC's out to get her.  It is not surprising however to watch you government boot-lickers swallow up all that crap.

Actually she hasn't won an election as leader.

36 minutes ago, Aristides said:

She was but she hasn't won a general election as leader. We'll find out if she is really elected on May 29.

Well let Albertans get the government they deserve.

As for me, I like what I see baby. yeeha ;) 

Danielle-Smith-800x600.png

Now that's government

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the whole 'Interference" thing was nonsense at this point. No sign of the emails, no witnesses, and the newspapers have admitted they didn't see any of that before posting the story either.  Which is HORRIBLE journalism, it's one thing to protect a source, but if you do you have to be pretty damn sure the source is accurate and at least verify things like these emails exist.

This isn't the first time we've seen allegations from the CBC which turned out to be false and unsubstantiated.

• Like 2