Kim Campbell says Harper will lose

Liberal Corruption: Gomery Findings are not bashing, they are findings.

Martin initiated the Gomery report. No one is questioning the findings of the Gomery report other than some CPC supporters and Chretien. Chretien because he was fingered and CPC because no current Liberal MPs were found guilty of any crime. Even though none of the current Liberal MPs are guilty, CPC continues to bash all Liberals with sweeping statements like "Liberal corruption." Many posters have made comments like they "know" they're guilty even in the absence of evidence.

Maybe it is because of contracts like the one David Hurl recieved without tender to do polling on the release of the Gomery findings.

Maybe the Dingwall severence makes us question.

If the missuse of taxpayers money was limited to the ad agencey transaction investigation that was the Gomery inquirey we may not go after other MPs.

Oh and did you buy your dividend stocks before the annoucement or are you not on the right insider list? :angry:

Which Liberal MPs are untrustworthy and based on what evidence?

Let's start with Scott Brison who had to read a retraction letter in the house last week to avoid being sued for liable.

How about the Health Minister that talks about not allowing private health clinics while they are poping up all over the country.

Should I go on?

Oh and did you buy your dividend stocks before the annoucement or are you not on the right insider list? 

Better still I bought two income trusts at the end of October when CPC supporters and some investment houses were whining that Ralph Goodale had reduced their value. Once the whining started, I knew that their value could only increase and it did.

:)

whining that Ralph Goodale had reduced their value

He did reduce their value and caused much unneeded stress to many seniors who depend on these investments to pay the bills.

Again should I inclued more actual examples of Liberal MPs that lied or will you relent to the fact they are not trustworthy.

Again should I inclued more actual examples of Liberal MPs that lied or will you relent to the fact they are not trustworthy.

Let me see if I understand your argument. Are you saying that "they" are all not trustworthy. Would you buy the argument that all CPC MPs are not trustworthy because Peter MacKay lied, or Gurmant Grewal?

whining that Ralph Goodale had reduced their value

He did reduce their value and caused much unneeded stress to many seniors who depend on these investments to pay the bills.

Willy, I'm afraid that Norman only considers conservatives untrustworthy. Liberals can so badly blow it that they may have singlehandedly caused Quebec to separate but Conservatives are scary. I'm sure you see the lack of any logic there.

Willy, I'm afraid that Norman only considers conservatives untrustworthy.  Liberals can so badly blow it that they may have singlehandedly caused Quebec to separate but Conservatives are scary.  I'm sure you see the lack of any logic there.

I never said all conservatives are untrustworthy nor did I say that all liberals are trustworthy. Claiming that I did is referred to as creating a straw man argument. There is no shortage of trustworthy individuals in both camps.

As far as Quebec goes, Stephen Harper is in fourth place, lower than any conservative candidate ever has been in Quebec. Quebec won't separate and they'll continue to elect Liberals, even in 2006. But the shutout of CPC in Quebec guarantees they can't govern.

Willy, I'm afraid that Norman only considers conservatives untrustworthy.  Liberals can so badly blow it that they may have singlehandedly caused Quebec to separate but Conservatives are scary.  I'm sure you see the lack of any logic there.

I never said all conservatives are untrustworthy nor did I say that all liberals are trustworthy. Claiming that I did is referred to as creating a straw man argument. There is no shortage of trustworthy individuals in both camps.

As far as Quebec goes, Stephen Harper is in fourth place, lower than any conservative candidate ever has been in Quebec. Quebec won't separate and they'll continue to elect Liberals, even in 2006. But the shutout of CPC in Quebec guarantees they can't govern.

Your information may be a little dated since Quebec now hates Liberals. Ever hear of the Gomery Inquiry?

Your information may be a little dated since Quebec now hates Liberals. Ever hear of the Gomery Inquiry?

Dated? OK, you tell me which is the second most popular party in Quebec according to every single poll on the issue?

Dated?  OK, you tell me which is the second most popular party in Quebec according to every single poll on the issue?

The point is, second place is the first loser. The Liberals will be shut out after having many seats in Quebec.

You think that the Liberrals will be shut out in Quebec? You think the anglophone ridings and the allophone ridings will vote BQ? You think Irwin Cotler's riding isn't safe? You must be kidding. Show me one poll that suggests thus. Just one.

The next federal election will receive total apathy from many Canadian voters. Prediction is that voter turn out will be the lowest in decades as many will see no one to vote for in 2006. Martin is tainted from being Finance Minister in a government that is shown to be corrupt. Harper is seen by many as bogeyman. Layton belongs to party that has no experience in governing a country. Duceppe is a separatist and none of the Bloc candidates are running outside Quebec.

But for those who do vote we see very little change in the make-up of Parliament. The West will vote conservative. Quebec will vote Bloc. Ontario will vote Liberal and the East will vote Liberal and NDP. If the Liberals lose most of their 21 seats in Quebec, and the Conservatives gain more seats in the West and Ontario, and the NDP gain seats in the West, the East and Ontario, then Harper will form the minority government. If the Liberals can hold on to all their seats outside of Quebec, then Martin will continue as the Prime Minister. Prediction - that the Liberals will lose Quebec wholly and the Conservatives and NDP will gain seats in the rest of Canada and the NDP will hold sway in the next Parliament.

Prediction in seats is as follows -

Liberal: 105

Conservative: 106

Bloc: 74

NDP: 23

Green: 0

If this prediction holds true, the Conservatives will form the new government but it will be so precarious that it will fall in less than six months and we will have another election. And probably new leaders too.

What a mess placed on us by the Liberals!!

The next federal election will receive total apathy from many Canadian voters. Prediction is  that voter turn out will be the lowest in decades as many will see no one to vote for in 2006. Martin is tainted from being Finance Minister in a government that is shown to be corrupt. Harper is seen by many as  bogeyman. Layton belongs to party that has no experience in governing a country. Duceppe is a separatist and none of the Bloc candidates are running outside Quebec.

But for those who do vote we see very little change in the make-up of Parliament. The West will vote conservative. Quebec will vote Bloc. Ontario will vote Liberal and the East will vote Liberal and NDP. If the Liberals lose most of their 21 seats in Quebec, and the Conservatives gain more seats in the West and Ontario, and the NDP gain seats in the West, the East and Ontario, then Harper will form the minority government. If the Liberals can hold on to all their seats outside of Quebec, then Martin will continue as the Prime Minister. Prediction -  that the Liberals will lose Quebec wholly and the Conservatives and NDP will gain seats in the rest of Canada and the NDP will hold sway in the next Parliament.

Prediction in seats is as follows -

Liberal: 105

Conservative: 106

Bloc: 74

NDP: 23

Green: 0

If this prediction holds true, the Conservatives will form the new government but it will be so precarious that it will fall in less than six months and we will have another election.  And probably new leaders too.

What a mess placed on us by the Liberals!!

Gawd, imagine going through this again in 6 months if that isn't enough to get people out and get rid of the liberals once and for all it should be.

• 6 months later...

Kim Campbell stated today in an interview at the London school of Economics that she believes that Stephen Harper's social conservatism will result in him losing the election.

The Internet is fun because it gives the chance to raise threads like this to the top.

If the conservatives had chosen someone like MacKay as their leader, they would probably have a majority. Stephen harper and the reform party were given a huge gift with the sponsorship scandal and the best they could do was turn it into a minority. They should have gotten rid of him after the 2004 election.

If the conservatives had chosen someone like MacKay as their leader, they would probably have a majority. Stephen harper and the reform party were given a huge gift with the sponsorship scandal and the best they could do was turn it into a minority. They should have gotten rid of him after the 2004 election.
That may be true but it's not the issue. Kim Campbell predicted that Harper would lose. She was wrong. This is not the first time her judgment was mistaken.

In the past, a big ego, bravado, raw ambition and physical presence decided our leaders. More recently, political correctness has played a part. A truly good leader requires good judgment. (Think of Churchill, Trudeau or Levesque.) The Internet provides a way to test the judgment of people. By all appearances, Kim Campbell has bad judgment.

Try not ignore every rule of the board. Post links to information like this.

Kim Campbell stated today in an interview at the London school of Economics that she believes that Stephen Harper's social conservatism will result in him losing the election. Must say I never thought that I'd find myself agreeing with both Kim Campbell and Ralph Klein.  The Liberals have not been this unpopular in a long time and with the right leader, CPC would be forming government in 2006.  But they blew it in picking Harper as their leader.  I suspect their next leader won't be a social conservative.

Happy to oblige:

http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/

I didn't check the link because it doesn't surprise me. A lot of disaffected old PC MPs are taking their merger anger out on the Reform wing whose guy just happens to be party leader. Joe Clark will probably be next.

I wonder what they'd be saying with MacKay or Lord at the helm.

God help us all if Bernard Lord ever became leader of the CPC, because for New Brunswick he has been a total disaster. Health care in NB, what health care? Instead of hospitals we now have Community Health Centres open 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, and if you need real medical attention after 5:00 pm you may be able to contact an accountant, because there seems to be far more of them in the health care system of NB that there are medical professionals. Did I vote for him? Yes I did, but as the old saying goes, "Once bitten, twice shy." He pubically says that they are runn9ing a $22 Million surplus and even when the Auditor General and Standard and Poors states that we are actually running a $68 Million deficit, Bernard simply states that the NB government uses a different accounting method. I think it's called telling anything but the truth, and if you tell the same lie often enough eventually people will believe you.

• 2 weeks later...
Kim Campbell stated today in an interview at the London school of Economics that she believes that Stephen Harper's social conservatism will result in him losing the election. Must say I never thought that I'd find myself agreeing with both Kim Campbell and Ralph Klein. The Liberals have not been this unpopular in a long time and with the right leader, CPC would be forming government in 2006. But they blew it in picking Harper as their leader. I suspect their next leader won't be a social conservative.

Couldn't disagree with her more strongly. Harper is playing to the typical Canadian right now across Canada. His social conservatism has been carefully watered down to make it palatable and he is buffering his reputation as being decisive and the only one willing to fight terrorism. I think he is playing well across the country. For him to be defeated, the NDP and Liberals have to merge and that won't happen. I also do not think any Liberal leader from the list of candidates will do well against him in debates. He will pull out the Chretien legacy, remind Canada of all the coruption, wax poetically about the need to fight terrorism and easily win the next election. He will win on three issues; i-fighting terrorism and rebuilding the armed forces; ii-managing the economy; iii-being an alternative to corupt Liberals.

Campbell should go back to LA and continue to diddle with her piano playing boyfriend half her age. At least one sucker out there finds her attractive and desireable. I always found her to be one mushy mess of

loser politics at its best.

Couldn't disagree with her more strongly. Harper is playing to the typical Canadian right now across Canada. His social conservatism has been carefully watered down to make it palatable...

Only to those gullible enough to believe that harper has changed.

and he is buffering his reputation as being decisive and the only one willing to fight terrorism.

What has harper done to fight terrorism?

I also do not think any Liberal leader from the list of candidates will do well against him in debates. He will pull out the Chretien legacy, remind Canada of all the coruption...

None of the candidates (with the exception of Brison and Volpe) were implicated in any scandals, so it would be a big stretch for harper to try to accuse the next liberal leader of corruption.