Oil Billionaire Sues to Stop Criticism

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why aren't we on top, you diapered lunatic? Is it because dimocrats are content with 7th, 8th or worse?

I think so. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/per-capita-gdp.asp

See, if we're not leading this list, then we're not doing it right. 

8 minutes ago, Deluge said:

1. Why aren't we on top, you diapered lunatic?  

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/per-capita-gdp.asp

2. See, if we're not leading this list, then we're not doing it right. 

1. on top of what ?  the US has 31% of global wealth with 4.25% of the population.   
2. You want to beat Qatar ?  Good luck pardner.... 

In any case, you chose to ignore my point about your massive GDP increase - which I posted in response to your "times are hard" assertion.

Let's just continue to ignore each other then... 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2023 at 4:55 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes I agree, this person suing is a huge jerk.  Unfortunately anyone can sue anyone.  And here it acts like a tactic that also will make other politicians more fearful of speaking out about similar corruptions.

It's pretty sad how corrupt our politics are.  It affects our health, environment, economy, housing markets,  foreign policy... everything we could imagine.  It's a meta issue.

This kind of thing makes it seem like everything and everyone has a price. but there are politicians who have played the game without breaking the rules and everytime there's a finding of oil or other resource politicians get paid off to smooth everything over. it's criminal. 

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. on top of what ?  the US has 31% of global wealth with 4.25% of the population.   
2. You want to beat Qatar ?  Good luck pardner.... 

In any case, you chose to ignore my point about your massive GDP increase - which I posted in response to your "times are hard" assertion.

Let's just continue to ignore each other then... 

On top of that list. We're currently 7th, and we should be 1st.  

Times ARE hard. Everyone feels inflation except for elitist a$$holes, and entertainment has gone down the sh*tter, thanks to woke wankers. LGBTQ+ and BLM have a lot more power and influence than they deserve, and Christian conservatives (especially white Christian conservative males) are society's default whipping post. 

In comparison to the big picture, your GDP response is irrelevant. 

Edited by Deluge

12 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Should be?  Why?  I went back over 40 years and you've never been #1 over those many years.  Stop being silly.

And stop complaining about elitists when you elect the party of oligarchs.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Should be?  Why?  I went back over 40 years and you've never been #1 over those many years.  Stop being silly.

And stop complaining about elitists when you elect the party of oligarchs.

Party of oligarchs?

Oh like Bezos? A.G. Sulzberger? Bill Gates?

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, exactly.

OK let's be clear.

So you're saying that the Democrats are the party of oligarchs?

That's not really news Mike. But let's pursue this a bit.

You've posted links saying the economy is in good shape. Yet prices are up on everything. Inflation is putting a serious squeeze on the population. On top of that, Central banks are raising lending rates making home ownership a dream for most and forcing homeowners to sell.

This is a good economy? What do you do? Ignore your own senses?

This is a recession of choice. Imposed hardship. It's sickening.

And these Democrat oligarchs have helped it fester.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. So you're saying that the Democrats are the party of oligarchs?

2. You've posted links saying the economy is in good shape. Yet prices are up on everything. Inflation is putting a serious squeeze on the population. On top of that, Central banks are raising lending rates making home ownership a dream for most and forcing homeowners to sell.This is a good economy? What do you do? Ignore your own senses?

3. This is a recession of choice. Imposed hardship. It's sickening.

And these Democrat oligarchs have helped it fester.

1. No, I am saying that these are oligarchs.

2. I posted a big picture view of GDP, I didn't say that things are good for working people of below average income or anything like that.

3. These things have happened in an economy managed by both parties since 2008.  I don't blame any one party for the results since they govern similarly.  What changes has Biden made to China trade policy for example?. 

Edited by Michael Hardner

40 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No, I am saying that these are oligarchs.

2. I posted a big picture view of GDP, I didn't say that things are good for working people of below average income or anything like that.

3. These things have happened in an economy managed by both parties since 2008.  I don't blame any one party for the results since they govern similarly.  What changes has Biden made to China trade policy for example?. 

OK well...you can makes all the excuses and misleading crapolla you like. But Biden's attack on fossil fuels and his wild spending have caused the current situation.!

And the jack-ass bombing the nordstream pipelines have amplified this BS in Europe. 

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

. But Biden's attack on fossil fuels and his wild spending have caused the current situation.!

A ridiculous assertion.

The economic conditions aren't just happening in the US.

But you're not interested in objectivity, just spreading partisan memes...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

A ridiculous assertion.

The economic conditions aren't just happening in the US.

But you're not interested in objectivity, just spreading partisan memes...

Really?

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3697972-how-responsible-is-biden-for-high-inflation/

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Canada is dealing with a similar problem, for which people are trying to blame Trudeau.  England has the same issue, which partisans are undoubtedly blaming the sitting government.  France, same.  The issues is worldwide.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Deluge said:

Times ARE hard. Everyone feels inflation except for elitist a$$holes, and entertainment has gone down the sh*tter, thanks to woke wankers. LGBTQ+ and BLM have a lot more power and influence than they deserve, and Christian conservatives (especially white Christian conservative males) are society's default whipping post. 

In comparison to the big picture, your GDP response is irrelevant. 

Aside from inflation, which I'm aware of academically but haven't really experienced, this sounds peachy. Maybe oppressed minority groups will clamber toward fair treatment and conservative christians will stop trying to legislate their beliefs. One can dream.

I don't think the fact that you're out of sync with pop culture really counts a a bullet point for "times are tough" lol.

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

OK well...you can makes all the excuses and misleading crapolla you like. But Biden's attack on fossil fuels and his wild spending have caused the current situation.!

And the jack-ass bombing the nordstream pipelines have amplified this BS in Europe. 

Yes, Biden "attacked" fossil fuels into record profits for big oil and rapid expansion of production capability to near-record levels. I really wish someone would "attack" me that way and inflict such suffering.

And the deficit has actually shrunk under Biden, down significantly from Trump levels. There are confounding factors for both presidents in terms of blame and credit, but the numbers are what they are. 

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

Canada is dealing with a similar problem, for which people are trying to blame Trudeau.  England has the same issue, which partisans are undoubtedly blaming the sitting government.  France, same.  The issues is worldwide.  

Yes. Have you gone shopping lately? This is a direct result of way over spending and trying to halt fossil fuels. 

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Yes, Biden "attacked" fossil fuels into record profits for big oil and rapid expansion of production capability to near-record levels. I really wish someone would "attack" me that way and inflict such suffering.

And the deficit has actually shrunk under Biden, down significantly from Trump levels. There are confounding factors for both presidents in terms of blame and credit, but the numbers are what they are. 

Don't be a plank.

You would defend this crap then go shopping and don't realize everything is way more expensive?

But wait...there are confounding factors...since the very day Biden took office, inflation went wild. His policies and those of all western nations, have kicked off a litteral attack on fossil fuels and the not so elite. Why do you defend this garbage? Don't you believe what you see? 

But oh...some jack-ass said oil companies made lots of money so...

Of course they made money! Most nations today are scrambling to have the enough fuel for energy needs. Prices went through the roof.

And then there's the pipelines Biden had blown up.

Lord t'underin' boy. Try believing your own senses. This is screwing all of us.

You included.

Edited by Nationalist

19 hours ago, Hodad said:

Aside from inflation, which I'm aware of academically but haven't really experienced, this sounds peachy. Maybe oppressed minority groups will clamber toward fair treatment and conservative christians will stop trying to legislate their beliefs. One can dream.

I don't think the fact that you're out of sync with pop culture really counts a a bullet point for "times are tough" lol.

And maybe minority groups aren't as oppressed as diapered activists think they are. See, it's one thing to seek a fair balance (that's my side); it's another to want not only balance, but the whole fcking pie (that's your side). 

Times are tough when pop culture looks more like LGBTQ+ carnivals than actual pop culture. You throw inflation, climate scare, race baiting, and faux pandemics into the mix and you've got hell on earth. lol

Edited by Deluge

18 hours ago, Hodad said:

You need to link some sources, professor. 

Show where Biden is "attacking" fossil fuels into record profits, then toddle on over to a source that proves the deficit is shrinking under Biden. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Don't be a plank.

You would defend this crap then go shopping and don't realize everything is way more expensive?

But wait...there are confounding factors...since the very day Biden took office, inflation went wild. His policies and those of all western nations, have kicked off a litteral attack on fossil fuels and the not so elite. Why do you defend this garbage? Don't you believe what you see? 

But oh...some jack-ass said oil companies made lots of money so...

Of course they made money! Most nations today are scrambling to have the enough fuel for energy needs. Prices went through the roof.

And then there's the pipelines Biden had blown up.

Lord t'underin' boy. Try believing your own senses. This is screwing all of us.

You included.

I shop carefully for big purchases, but I'm not very price sensitive to day-to-day stuff. If I want it I buy it. So, no, I haven't noticed in my own daily life. 

Look, pricing is primarily driven by supply and demand. Most of the inflation we're experiencing is related to supply shocks as fallout from the pandemic. Supply chains were disrupted by the pandemic, that caused shortages. A lot of people stopped buying and doing as much during that period, for myriad reasons. Producers scaled back production. And then when people reemerged demand ramped back up faster than production, so prices followed. 

If you can show me how Biden injected enough loose money into the economy that it translated to greater than pre-pandemic demand, great, we can blame Biden for inflation. But that's just not an economic reality. 

And in all honesty, the notion that Biden had any meaningful impact on fossil fuels is just silly. Fossil fuels have been going through the same pandemic-driven supply shocks as everything else. There is no shortage of US oil production. We're producing at near record levels. Production ramped up rapidly during the Biden administration. And yes, the oil companies made record profits on their near-record production. The pipeline that didn't happen didn't change anything. It didn't happen. Biden isn't manipulating the oil market with a stern look and a wagging finger. He's not a wizard. It's just a really silly line of criticism.

If you want to criticize Biden, go for it, but if your criticism isn't grounded in reality people like me will dispute it.