Oil Billionaire Sues to Stop Criticism

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Why would you ask such a stupid question?  Do you know what extinction means?

Because Joe Biden and the rest of the Left are stupid people. If human extinction is off the table, then why all the hysterics? Why the hostility toward the oil industry? 

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Because Joe Biden and the rest of the Left are stupid people. If human extinction is off the table, then why all the hysterics? Why the hostility toward the oil industry? 

So you think anything short of extiction is okay, then?

I asked you knew what extinction meant.  Your reply there indicates you really don't.

Just now, Deluge said:

Don't be a pssy, bscrapper, I asked you first. You take care of my question and I'll get to yours next. 

Your question is ridiculous.  And by that I mean obviously, stunningly, mindmeltingly ridiculous.

It assumes that nothing short of extinction could be a reason for action.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Your question is ridiculous.  And by that I mean obviously, stunningly, mindmeltingly ridiculous.

It assumes that nothing short of extinction could be a reason for action.

OK, then talk about the maximum damage you expect to hit that is due to climate change. 

2 minutes ago, Deluge said:

OK, then talk about the maximum damage you expect to hit that is due to climate change. 

Hit who, you or me.

There really is no nuance with you, is there?  Black and white are all you see.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Google is your friend...

https://www.iberdrola.com/sustainability/top-countries-most-affected-by-climate-change

Ha, Iberdrola too.  They used too store natural gas in Alberta.

OK, let's say humankind is causing all this death and destruction. Have you figured out a way to power the world without fossil fuels and nuclear energy? 

16 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Deluge said:

OK, let's say humankind is causing all this death and destruction. Have you figured out a way to power the world without fossil fuels and nuclear energy? 

Again, that's an utterly black and white way to look at something.  I am personally a nuclear advocate, and I always have been.  I think we should have been building nuclear power plants for the last twenty years, specifically to reduce our reliance on coal.

I'm also an advocate for allowing the most regulated among us to continue to produce fossil fuels for the foreseeable future, because there is no way we can cut ourselves off without a transition period.  Alberta can produce natural gas to replace coal and at the same time regulate fugitive methane emissions such that there is a net gain in terms of GHG reduction. 

I'm also of the rather unpopular opinion that we are not going to stop climate change, because we will not get the kind of worldwide cooperation to allow us to do so.

But we can try, and we can quit whining about trying, especially when were not trying really hard at all.

And most of all, we can quit denying it, because that's just stupid.

Edited by bcsapper

14 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Again, that's an utterly black and white way to look at something.  I am personally a nuclear advocate, and I always have been.  I think we should have been building nuclear power plants for the last twenty years, specifically to reduce our reliance on coal.

I'm also an advocate for allowing the most regulated among us to continue to produce fossil fuels for the foreseeable future, because there is no way we can cut ourselves off without a transition period.  Alberta can produce natural gas to replace coal and at the same time regulate fugitive methane emissions such that there is a net gain in terms of GHG reduction. 

I'm also of the rather unpopular opinion that we are not going to stop climate change, because we will not get the kind of worldwide cooperation to allow us to do so.

But we can try, and we can quit whining about trying, especially when were not trying really hard at all.

May I ask...who is "we"?

I don't see anything but coal plants being used and more built in China and India. 

So who is "we" and why does "we" only include affluent nations?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

May I ask...who is "we"?

I don't see anything but coal plants being used and more built in China and India. 

So who is "we" and why does "we" only include affluent nations?

Me and Ed, but he died.

21 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I just don't share your fear over climate change. You may not be as rabid as the activists, but you've still been feeding into that frenzy. 

Joe Biden is a fcking lunatic, as is Al Gore, and that freak, Ocasio-Cortez. 

The truth is, we just don't need "Climate Science" - the Earth is resilient; it was here long before we got here, and it will be here long after we're gone. 

Give it a rest. ;)

21 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I just don't share your fear over climate change. You may not be as rabid as the activists, but you've still been feeding into that frenzy. 

Joe Biden is a fcking lunatic, as is Al Gore, and that freak, Ocasio-Cortez. 

The truth is, we just don't need "Climate Science" - the Earth is resilient; it was here long before we got here, and it will be here long after we're gone. 

Give it a rest. ;)

What you're actually saying is "I'm all right Jack".  Fair enough.  We can't all care, I suppose.

You're assessment of those politicians is based on a far more irrational fear than any that anyone has over climate change. 

They're coming for you, aren't they?  They're gonna take your freedoms away!

17 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What you're actually saying is "I'm all right Jack".  Fair enough.  We can't all care, I suppose.

You're assessment of those politicians is based on a far more irrational fear than any that anyone has over climate change. 

They're coming for you, aren't they?  They're gonna take your freedoms away!

And the beauty is, we don't all HAVE to care. Climate scare is strictly left, where it belongs. 

Not quite. lol. You people have armed yourselves with truck loads of climate propaganda. Countless hours went into assembling that shit, where all I've done is taken a few shots at three psychopaths with power and influence. 

The Left's fear dwarfs everything in its path. 

32 minutes ago, Deluge said:

And the beauty is, we don't all HAVE to care. Climate scare is strictly left, where it belongs. 

Not quite. lol. You people have armed yourselves with truck loads of climate propaganda. Countless hours went into assembling that shit, where all I've done is taken a few shots at three psychopaths with power and influence. 

The Left's fear dwarfs everything in its path. 

Well, I can't argue that there aren't irrational fears on the left.  We've mentioned the extinction people.

But I also find the fear of the left to be pretty profound, too.  The equivalent on the right of the Extinction Rebellion people on the left insist that climate change is a myth, or that Donald Trump was robbed, or that Covid vaccines cause more deaths than the disease itself. (Or something to that effect.  I don't follow that one too much)

Just as the Extinction Rebellion people can be said to be irrational and afraid, so can the conspiracy minded right.  As the Extinction Rebellion people are terrified that nothing will change, the conspiracy minded right are terrified that something might.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, I can't argue that there aren't irrational fears on the left.  We've mentioned the extinction people.

But I also find the fear of the left to be pretty profound, too.  The equivalent on the right of the Extinction Rebellion people on the left insist that climate change is a myth, or that Donald Trump was robbed, or that Covid vaccines cause more deaths than the disease itself. (Or something to that effect.  I don't follow that one too much)

Just as the Extinction Rebellion people can be said to be irrational and afraid, so can the conspiracy minded right.  As the Extinction Rebellion people are terrified that nothing will change, the conspiracy minded right are terrified that something might.

Climate scare is what I dispute, not actual climate change. 

If you understand how senile and useless Joe Biden is, then you understand that he didn't win a fair election. 

Covid was an excuse to shut down the economy and open the flood gates to mail in balloting. 

There's nothing wrong with entertaining a few conspiracies, just so long as you don't let them consume your life. Perhaps Donald Trump haters should take that advice? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

Climate scare is what I dispute, not actual climate change. 

If you understand how senile and useless Joe Biden is, then you understand that he didn't win a fair election. 

Covid was an excuse to shut down the economy and open the flood gates to mail in balloting. 

There's nothing wrong with entertaining a few conspiracies, just so long as you don't let them consume your life. Perhaps Donald Trump haters should take that advice? 

Well, I have to say I didn't expect you to basically confirm everything I said.

But I'm glad we're on the same page with climate change, after all.

36 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, I have to say I didn't expect you to basically confirm everything I said.

But I'm glad we're on the same page with climate change, after all.

I confirmed reasonable thoughts, not what you said. lol

We're not really on the same page with climate change. You are more in the climate scare area, where I am just in the acknowledgement area. 

2 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I confirmed reasonable thoughts, not what you said. lol

We're not really on the same page with climate change. You are more in the climate scare area, where I am just in the acknowledgement area. 

Well, you confirmed you were a conspiracy theorist with ideas that had little basis in the real world, which I had asserted. 

And as for climate change, it appears you do not actually acknowledge it.  You acknowledge climate, but not change.  Unless it is your assertion that said change is going to be good for us.

16 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, you confirmed you were a conspiracy theorist with ideas that had little basis in the real world, which I had asserted. 

And as for climate change, it appears you do not actually acknowledge it.  You acknowledge climate, but not change.  Unless it is your assertion that said change is going to be good for us.

Well, when you consider that the Left has overtaken pretty much every crucial aspect of society, it makes getting facts and evidence a whole lot more difficult. No, there are no conspiracy theories in my words. Biden is a complete zero. He has no business being in the WH, and cheating is the only acceptable explanation for his old white ass being in there. 

Let's put it this way. I acknowledge climate change insofar as how it has affected where I live. There's been a stark difference in levels of snow between the last 20 or so years and when I was a kid - we used to get pummeled with snow every single year back then.  

Edited by Deluge

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

Well, when you consider that the Left has overtaken pretty much every crucial aspect of society, it makes getting facts and evidence a whole lot more difficult. No, there are no conspiracy theories in my words. Biden is a complete zero. He has no business being in the WH, and cheating is the only acceptable explanation for his old white ass being in there. 

Let's put it this way. I acknowledge climate change insofar as how it has affected where I live. There's been a stark difference in levels of snow between the last 20 or so years and when I was a kid. 

Times is hard.  We've come full circle now.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

The problem we have is man's habit of over reacting.

Is the climate changing? It does appear to be.

Is the rational response to dump fossil fuels in a manner that punishes everyone?

Or maybe...would the rational response be to use what we currently rely on and fund research to discover a realistic alternative that can be brought to fruition without punishing the human race?

Libbies display all the symptoms of hatred towards mankind. Their "solutions" are always destructive.

And while this destruction goes on...who notices the results? Does anyone even notice the increased rate at which power and wealth is being siphoned from the people, to the few at the top of the heap?

Of course not because...

"AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!!"

Pfft...simpletons.

16 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Times is hard.  We've come full circle now.

You're right, times are hard, and it's mostly due to the Left. 

Not a circle, just a continuation of where we've always been. My mind isn't changed, and neither is yours.  

Edited by Deluge