WEF 2023

West

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The cult-like ideas...such as?  

When you're reading and looking for things to confirm what you already feel and believe, it's very easy to find lots of information on it. What I find really odd is how a forum (which means "place to talk") for world leaders that's been attended by world leaders for decades has now been conjured into a nefarious CABAL/CULT simply by virtue of angry repetition.  

Here's a great quote:

“Thank you Professor Schwab for that kind introduction, I also want to thank you particularly for the invitation to speak here that you extended to me earlier this year. But more than that, Professor, you have made the World Economic Forum an indispensable part of the global conversation among leaders in politics, business, and civil society. And in the face of continuing global economic instability, the opportunity this gathering provides is now more valuable than ever. So I know everyone here joins me in thanking you for, in service of the common good, your vision and your leadership."

-Stephen Harper, Davos 2012

I don't think it's any surprise that you weren't fussing and whining about this 10 years ago, nor do I find it surprising that our mouthpiece opposition leader had nothing to say about it back then when he was part of the Harper government. The only reason he has anything to say about it now is because the conspiracy circus has been talking about it non-stop for the last 2+ years and he can harness that befuddled rage by echoing it back to you and pointing it at someone.    

I have posted a couple of web sites both being from the WEF , you either think that those comments are normal and acceptable, or you did not look at the sites... read them and tell me those are thought from a organization with nothing to gain form all this talk.... Those ideas that the liberal government has been flashing around all have originated in the WEF...Carbon tax, build back better, just transition... which supports my claim that this organization has great influence over our government. we shit a large tuna every time China has influence over our nation, a large organization with the backing of billions of dollars and now people are say nothing to see here move along...

One has to ask themselves why Soros said during an interview that his organization had penetrated the Liberal government, and then went on to name names... maybe i misinterpreted that... or maybe you brushed it under the table... to me if it smells like shit it normal is...

And if all that is normal to you then carry on...for me i think there is something else there, what, i do not no, but any organization this powerful normally has an agenda, again i do not know what it is...But it does interest me...

You seem to think becasue Harper was a member, that there is nothing there,  PP was also a member what does that prove exactly...And what did you expect Mr Harper to say, he was a guest that attended that convention on his own accord...again it proves nothing except Harper is polite, and respective to his host...

To be honest it was not on my radar 10 years ago, i was still in the military and really did not have the time or effort to look in to it...which again means nothing really...I was assuming PP was a member according to a few sources i have read, again he was now he is not, means nothing to me. 

As for PP, what ever he is doing is does seems to be working, he is getting support from some where, where do you think  his support coming from... can't be that many rednecks out there, so i think the center is starting to cave, and see PP has the only vote left worth voting for...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Those ideas that the liberal government has been flashing around all have originated in the WEF...Carbon tax, build back better, just transition... which supports my claim that this organization has great influence over our government. we shit a large tuna every time China has influence over our nation, a large organization with the backing of billions of dollars and now people are say nothing to see here move along...

I suppose it's never occurred to you that some of these might just be good ideas, and the fact that they're being adopted all over the world "supports my claim".  ?

One has to ask themselves why Soros said during an interview that his organization had penetrated the Liberal government, and then went on to name names... maybe i misinterpreted that... or maybe you brushed it under the table... to me if it smells like shit it normal is...

First off, it wasn't George Soros, but it's interesting that you used that name, because it strongly hints at the garbage-web conspiracy sites where you're getting your "information" (who also like to hoot and holler about Soros and the Joos).  That quote was Klaus Schwab (or Uncle Klaus as the conspiracy circus has dubbed him), and you're putting far too much scary emphasis on the wording of a non-native english speaker talking openly to the public.  I suppose you never asked yourself why a supposed comic-book villain (with a thick german accent for bonus-effect) would be openly bragging about his nefarious plans for his would-be victims to hear.  We don't question the conspiracy theories, after all.  ?

You seem to think becasue Harper was a member, that there is nothing there,  PP was also a member what does that prove exactly...And what did you expect Mr Harper to say, he was a guest that attended that convention on his own accord...again it proves nothing except Harper is polite, and respective to his host...

You're kind of proving my point here.  "Nothing to see here" or "He was just being polite" when it was Stephen Harper, or PP, but Trudeau and Freeland going means SATAN!  

If Harper and PP thought poorly of this organization and believed anything about what PP is now saying about the PP, the polite and reasonable thing to do would have been to not go in the first place.  Once again, Pierre doesn't actually believe a damn thing about what he's saying, but understands that he can rouse the angriest and most deluded among his base by making the animal noises they want to hear.  

Here's another Conservative MP take on the Davos summit, from Michelle Rempel Garner (AB MP):

The thrust of Garner’s counter-argument is that conspiracists are putting too much stock in the notion that a politician could have their entire allegiance shaped “simply by attending a conference, receiving an award, or reading a badly conceived white paper.” If Trudeau has a weakness for using WEF talking points, she wrote, it’s mostly because he’s an idi*t who recycles “fashionable buzzwords” and wouldn’t mind an “invite back to the Davos party scene.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/first-reading-does-the-wef-secretly-control-the-canadian-government

another good quote from the same article, for you specifically:

Most notably, one former WEF Young Global Leader is none other than Russian President Vladimir Putin. A major theme of the recent Davos summit was the immensely destabilizing impact of Russia’s War in Ukraine — an event that has been almost singlehandedly orchestrated by Putin. If former Young Global Leaders were truly subject to WEF marching orders, “starting a European war for no reason” would probably rank quite highly.

Edited by Moonbox

Just now, Moonbox said:

I suppose it's never occurred to you that some of these might just be good ideas, and the fact that they're being adopted all over the world "supports my claim".  ?

First off, it wasn't George Soros, but it's interesting that you used that name, because it strongly hints at the garbage-web conspiracy sites where you're getting your "information" (who also like to hoot and holler about Soros and the Joos).  That quote was Klaus Schwab (or Uncle Klaus as the conspiracy circus has dubbed him), and you're putting far too much scary emphasis on the wording of a non-native english speaker talking openly to the public.  I suppose you never asked yourself why a supposed comic-book villain (with a thick german accent for bonus-effect) would be openly bragging about his nefarious plans for his would-be victims to hear.  We don't question the conspiracy theories, after all.  ?

You're kind of proving my point here.  "Nothing to see here" or "He was just being polite" when it was Stephen Harper, or PP, but Trudeau and Freeland going means SATAN!  

If Harper and PP thought poorly of this organization and believed anything about what PP is now saying about the PP, the polite and reasonable thing to do would have been to not go in the first place.  Once again, Pierre doesn't actually believe a damn thing about what he's saying, but understands that he can rouse the angriest and most deluded among his base by making the animal noises they want to hear.  

Here's another Conservative MP take on the Davos summit, from Michelle Rempel Garner (AB MP):

The thrust of Garner’s counter-argument is that conspiracists are putting too much stock in the notion that a politician could have their entire allegiance shaped “simply by attending a conference, receiving an award, or reading a badly conceived white paper.” If Trudeau has a weakness for using WEF talking points, she wrote, it’s mostly because he’s an idi*t who recycles “fashionable buzzwords” and wouldn’t mind an “invite back to the Davos party scene.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/first-reading-does-the-wef-secretly-control-the-canadian-government

your right a few of them might be smart ideas, Canada just did not execute them properly, i mean we are on our forth attempt right....Would you say eating insects and Vegies as a main meal staple is a good idea, would you say No more private property, no belongings, no more homes, etc. all belongs to the state, and if you want something you rent it...all those ideas are good ones...US will no longer be the worlds police men or lead nation, the world will be controlled by 4 or so countries, thats a good idea...These are all from the WEF, but you knew that as you watched the video .

Yes it was Soro's , the video is posted all ready, unless it was an actor dressed just like him, not sure who posted it but it is here some place. Nefarious plans, who knows what is going on, like i say it does interest me, but i have not made any whacky claims yet...but regardless he is a highly educated man, with a very good grasp of English, what did he mean i mean it is hard to interrupted any other way. 

Well Satan perhaps, i mean i don't like any of them but i would hardly call them Satan, like. finical wizards perhaps...

PP's already has the red neck vote, and he is sucking up the center vote as well, and in places it counts, Ontario, the Atlantic .

Yup a few Conservatives did go to Davos', Putin went as well, it all means nothing... a large portion of the liberal cabinet are members, again it means nothing...except they are using a lot of ideas the WEF ideas, meaning it does have influence over Canadians politics...And this organization, is not one we should be taking our lead from...

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes it was Soro's , the video is posted all ready, unless it was an actor dressed just like him, not sure who posted it but it is here some place. Nefarious plans, who knows what is going on, like i say it does interest me, but i have not made any whacky claims yet...but regardless he is a highly educated man, with a very good grasp of English, what did he mean i mean it is hard to interrupted any other way.

Here's the video:

Here's a picture of George Soros:

soros.thumb.png.9432b81a346120826d9590da64ee0a04.png

These are not the same people, but then ranting about Klaus Schwab/WEF in the same breath as George Soros is pretty on-brand for the conspiracy crowd. 

At least make the basic effort of knowing who the hell you're even talking about, man.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Here's the video:

Here's a picture of George Soros:

soros.thumb.png.9432b81a346120826d9590da64ee0a04.png

These are not the same people, but then ranting about Klaus Schwab/WEF in the same breath as George Soros is pretty on-brand for the conspiracy crowd. 

At least make the basic effort of knowing who the hell you're even talking about, man.  

Your 100 % right , your right and I'm wrong i had the man confused with another, what do i do now get on my knee's and beg for forgiveness. Thank you for improving my slack and idle body...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You had the man confused with the other old European dude the circus likes to rant about and point at in their conspiracy echo chambers.  That's what I found interesting.  

As Michael said earlier, feel free to criticize WEF policies, but the idea that it's some over-arching cabal of elites pulling strings everywhere and intent on making you eat ze bugs is silly.  

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You had the man confused with the other old European dude the circus likes to rant about and point at in their conspiracy echo chambers.  That's what I found interesting.  

As Michael said earlier, feel free to criticize WEF policies, but the idea that it's some over-arching cabal of elites pulling strings everywhere and intent on making you eat ze bugs is silly.  

But what YOU actually don't understand or try and downplay is that these lunatics actually DO have alot of power... both politically and financially. 

50 minutes ago, West said:

But what YOU actually don't understand or try and downplay is that these lunatics actually DO have alot of power... both politically and financially. 

What lunatics?  Klaus?  Is it a "they" or a "those people" sort of thing?  A shadowy cabal we don't see?  

"WEF founder Klaus Schwab is the author of the book COVID-19: The Great Reset, published in July 2020, which argues that the coronavirus pandemic can and should be used for an “economic, societal, geopolitical, environmental and technological reset”, including, in particular, advancing global governance, accelerating digital transformation, and tackling climate change."

Davos World Economic Forum Psychopaths – Members and Goals | Algora Blog

There is something about this whole WEF thing which I don't really understand.  If its purpose is not as stated above, then what would be its purpose?  Why is the finance minister of Canada and deputy PM a part of it?  If the WEF is working against democracy, isn't that a danger for Canadian democracy?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What lunatics?  Klaus?  Is it a "they" or a "those people" sort of thing?  A shadowy cabal we don't see?  

Hmmm.. 

-Blackrock controls about 10 trillion in assets

-Bill Gates owns about 200,000 acres of US farmland

-Chrystia Freeland is the deputy prime minister of a G7 country. 

-Pharmaceuticals with monopolies on various medications ie insulin

-Media empire...

But nah NO influence WHATSOEVER lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Well what part about those bolded points are a danger to Canadian democracy, specifically?  

It's anti-corporatism in the populist right, I tell you.

Edited: But it's selective, because they get their memes from content factories funded by corps that aren't mentioned.  Soros is way down the list of billionaires or people with money and his name constantly comes up because he's left of centre.

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, West said:

But nah NO influence WHATSOEVER lol

Again, nobody said no influence whatsoever.  There is, of course, a huge grey area between "no influence whatsoever" and the deluded conspiracy theories and goofy alarmism you promote as it relates to the WEF.  Black and white is all you know.  

Bill Gates owns 200,000 acres (not even qualifying him for the top 50 in the US)?!??!?

image.jpeg.0ad242ed8eeeb4c9a281eca2a2a7e607.jpeg SHOCKING!!!!

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Again, nobody said no influence whatsoever.  There is, of course, a huge grey area between "no influence whatsoever" and the deluded conspiracy theories and goofy alarmism you promote as it relates to the WEF.  Black and white is all you know.  

Bill Gates owns 200,000 acres (not even qualifying him for the top 50 in the US)?!??!?

image.jpeg.0ad242ed8eeeb4c9a281eca2a2a7e607.jpeg SHOCKING!!!!

You keep mentioning "cabal" a word I've NEVER used on here.. so you are delusional

On 1/25/2023 at 11:58 AM, Moonbox said:

Have you heard of the Kyoto protocol, signed in 1997?  Are we forgetting Stephane Dion's "Green Shift" proposals, all the way back to 2008? 

So...yes?

Well done.  You've proven the Dunning-Kruger effect, where you bluster while demonstrating astounding ignorance of recent history.

Here endith the lessons in not just psychology, but also history and basic reality.  

Ah yes. The much bally-hooed Kyoto Accords. The one Trump got the hell out of. The one that had no teeth and actually did nothing. Same with Harper's proposals.

I had said:

In 2012...were western nations actively squelching the fossil fuel industry? No.'

You reply with the Kyoto Accords...LOL.

Evidently you have trouble learning.

14 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I made an honest mistake, i admitted i was wrong what is it you want....This mistake however changes nothing else about my criticisms of the WEF. 

I have been questioning WEF policies, it is you that have swept the entire post under the table, becasue you find their policies Normal , perfectly normal... we have already establish the WEF has major influence around the globe, with global leaders and their cabinet members.

Or maybe i got it all wrong maybe they go for the food and entertainment...You seem to suggest they are trying to make me eat bugs...and that is just retarded...and yet it is one of the WEF objectives why would they put it in their platform if it was not.... Silly i know...

what about no one having any property, the state owns it all want something you rent it and it is delivered... no homes, no cars, no personal property, how's that work for you? Does this practice sound familiar.

I know it is normal ideology right, feeds right in there with other Canadians ideology...like our entire economy is based on consumer demand thats out the window i guess, once again nothing scary here relax Armyguy everything is going to be OK...

On the good side i won't have to worry about what to wear, , what to eat, where to live, what to drive, car insurance, it is all going to be provided by the state... the same state that can not even give us proper health care, look after the elderly, provide us with a decent security apparatus, well anything really to do with running a country...Nothing to worry about, it is never going to happen... and yet WEF already has polices that we are tabling or that have been tried already, Carbon tax how is that working, just transition, the new one, have you read the latest report on job losses this is going to destroy..it is in the millions...

Jack Mintz: A 'just transition' out of energy? Ask the people of Hanna about that (msn.com)

These are ideas being pushed by the WEF, do you see any of them being any good ? name one, who am I'm kidding your not going to read this far...  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, West said:

You keep mentioning "cabal" a word I've NEVER used on here.. so you are delusional

You took a quote from me where I didn't even mention cabal, and then instead of responding to that you went on to tell us that you don't use the word cabal.  Good for you bud!

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I had said:

In 2012...were western nations actively squelching the fossil fuel industry? No.'

You reply with the Kyoto Accords...LOL.

Evidently you have trouble learning.

Okay, how about Keystone XL, denied expansion in January 2012 by the Obama administration weeks before Harper's speech to the WEF.  Nope nope.  The battle over fossil fuels is new and hasn't been going on for decades.  Nope!  ?

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You took a quote from me where I didn't even mention cabal, and then instead of responding to that you went on to tell us that you don't use the word cabal.  Good for you bud!

That's your big thing... any criticism of the folks you are shilling for must be a "conspiracy theory".. 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I made an honest mistake, i admitted i was wrong what is it you want....This mistake however changes nothing else about my criticisms of the WEF. 

Making a mistake is no biggy.  What's frustrating in your case is that you went into the debate poorly-informed, and then doubled-down after your error was pointed out and still didn't make the basic effort to confirm whether what you were saying was right.  I guess the saying is true about leading horses to water.  ?‍♂️ 

I have been questioning WEF policies, it is you that have swept the entire post under the table, becasue you find their policies Normal , perfectly normal... we have already establish the WEF has major influence around the globe, with global leaders and their cabinet members.

We haven't established much of anything.  The word "influence" is a meaningless term without further qualification.  Attaching "major" to a vague descriptor doesn't change that.  The WEF is a forum.  An organization and event through which to exchange ideas, good or bad.  The idea that it has a singular agenda is where you go wrong.  It doesn't.   

Or maybe i got it all wrong maybe they go for the food and entertainment...You seem to suggest they are trying to make me eat bugs...and that is just retarded...and yet it is one of the WEF objectives why would they put it in their platform if it was not.... Silly i know...

Can you show me where eating bugs is part of their platform?  Is this perhaps another example of you reading the headlines and garbage-news and accepting it immediately without further thought?

what about no one having any property, the state owns it all want something you rent it and it is delivered... no homes, no cars, no personal property, how's that work for you? Does this practice sound familiar.

I'll urge you again to try and find that a formal policy or even desire of the WEF or its membership.  Some Danish MP wrote an essay in 2016 and the window-lickers on 4chan turned it into a viral meme that's spread everywhere.  Congratulations.  You've progressed to repeating conspiracy copypasta from 4chan.  That's where you're at now.  ?

Edited by Moonbox

28 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Congratulations.  You've progressed to repeating conspiracy copypasta from 4chan.  That's where you're at now.  

@ Army Guy, further to this, you are also in the same place as any nut you've posted a like or a thanks to that's repeated similar nonsense.

You folks seem oblivious to how this stuff follows you around and more importantly why.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I know it is normal ideology right, feeds right in there with other Canadians ideology...like our entire economy is based on consumer demand thats out the window i guess, once again nothing scary here relax Armyguy everything is going to be OK...

On the good side i won't have to worry about what to wear, , what to eat, where to live, what to drive, car insurance, it is all going to be provided by the state... the same state that can not even give us proper health care, look after the elderly, provide us with a decent security apparatus, well anything really to do with running a country...Nothing to worry about, it is never going to happen... and yet WEF already has polices that we are tabling or that have been tried already, Carbon tax how is that working, just transition, the new one, have you read the latest report on job losses this is going to destroy..it is in the millions...

Jack Mintz: A 'just transition' out of energy? Ask the people of Hanna about that (msn.com)

These are ideas being pushed by the WEF, do you see any of them being any good ? name one, who am I'm kidding your not going to read this far...  

Thank you for a well thought out post. Seems you've put more thought, effort and research into it than what we are used to from folks like Moonbox or Eyeball.. 

That's a CoNsPIRaCYYYy ThEOrY

Edited by West
  • Like 1