WEF 2023

West

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Then why doesn't he explain specifically what he's talking about? 

It's been explained to you. I asked you to view the second link about globalism, among other things. Yet you didn't, you reject the claims then when I show you someone else who's credible, you're back to asking what he's talking about.

#circle-jerk

#useless conversation

Edited by OftenWrong

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's been explained to you. I asked you to view the second link about globalism, among other things. Yet you didn't, you reject the claims then when I show you someone else who's credible, you're back to asking what he's talking about.

#circle-jerk

#useless conversation

Sorry I only looked at the first link.

All the criticisms I read are generally about the influence of multinationals. That's fine, and I agree that they have far too much influence.

But that's not really what's going on with this criticism here. All the criticism of this is related to g7 protests and leftist criticism of the elite.  Do we really think that the conservatives are lining up with that?  It's a very generalized call to nationalism, and it's done for an audience that is suspicious of international cooperation. What specifically is going to be done to keep multinationals out of canada? Is someone going to nationalize the energy industry that's 70% foreign owned? Why is the energy industry always suspiciously left out of discussions about the international elite?

I'll try and find the second link now.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, well they're there so who's to tell them they can't meet offsite?  Secret meetings happen in Ottawa too.

2. Such as?

1. But you suggested everything is on camera which isn't true. 

2. That's already been (attempted to) discussed already but you refuse to watch clips from the meetings...

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Ottawa is the seat of our government.  We elected them

The WEF is not our government.  We did not elect them.

Neither is the UN.  Neither are the uncountable number of international associations, lectures, groups and such that we belong to and attend regularly for environment, economic development, trade and on and on and on.

Somebody started a meme about WEF for some reason and people are seizing on that one.  Why ?

Yes, I know they have influence.  So does UNESCO, the WTO, the UN, USMCA, ...

Is it Climate Change that bothers you ?  Other than that, the only thing I get out of the criticism is that Corporations have influence, maybe too much.  The G7 protests in the 1990s brought this to the public imagination: do you remember kids with bandanas and pink hair getting tear gassed by the riot squads in Seattle ?  Were you on their side ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West said:

1. But you suggested everything is on camera which isn't true. 

2. That's already been (attempted to) discussed already but you refuse to watch clips from the meetings...

1. The WEF meetings themselves are.  If you are in town and, say, the French Defense minister is there too - why wouldn't you reach out if you had something to discuss ?  As far as I can tell that's what we're talking about.  There is plenty of publicity about this meeting, so if they wanted to keep it secret maybe they shouldn't invite 100s of journalists ?
2. I reviewed the two links provided that I have seen:
 1 - Rex Murphy spending many paragraphs telling me that people who care about the environment really only want to control you.  So if there is actually an environmental problem... who do you go to ?  Maybe the oil industry that pays Rex I guess.
2 - The criticism that there's too much influence.  Yes, I agree with that but I have commented elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Ottawa is the seat of our government.  We elected them

The WEF is not our government.  We did not elect them.

and the WEF doesn't run our government, therefore this point is completely irrelevant.  

You might as well be complaining about which Church our MPs belong to, because we didn't elect those churches and they influence our leaders.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Neither is the UN.  Neither are the uncountable number of international associations, lectures, groups and such that we belong to and attend regularly for environment, economic development, trade and on and on and on.

Somebody started a meme about WEF for some reason and people are seizing on that one.  Why ?

Yes, I know they have influence.  So does UNESCO, the WTO, the UN, USMCA, ...

Is it Climate Change that bothers you ?  Other than that, the only thing I get out of the criticism is that Corporations have influence, maybe too much.  The G7 protests in the 1990s brought this to the public imagination: do you remember kids with bandanas and pink hair getting tear gassed by the riot squads in Seattle ?  Were you on their side ?

The issue with the UN has already been brought up in the same discussion as the WEF. 

-Agenda 2030

-Sustainable Development

-ESG investing

-Stakeholder Capitalism

Etc it ALL falls under the same umbrella. Selling out national sovereignty to foreign unaccountable entities, whether that be multinational corps, the United Nations etc.. thats at the heart of the criticism.. 

Has nothing to do with a "cabal' or "free masons" or whatever other bullshit you folks try and throw in there

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. The WEF meetings themselves are.  If you are in town and, say, the French Defense minister is there too - why wouldn't you reach out if you had something to discuss ?  As far as I can tell that's what we're talking about.  There is plenty of publicity about this meeting, so if they wanted to keep it secret maybe they shouldn't invite 100s of journalists ?
2. I reviewed the two links provided that I have seen:
 1 - Rex Murphy spending many paragraphs telling me that people who care about the environment really only want to control you.  So if there is actually an environmental problem... who do you go to ?  Maybe the oil industry that pays Rex I guess.
2 - The criticism that there's too much influence.  Yes, I agree with that but I have commented elsewhere.

1. I don't get your point. Perhaps we agree that lobbying is an issue that should be done in public... especially when it involves politicians.. then again you have some multinational companies that carry much larger asset portfolios than the government of  Canada's budget so we are sort of small potatoes anyway...

I would imagine some of this stuff should violate anti trust laws but imagine that's the point in having politicians involved. We saw it with covid where companies did the dirty work of governments under their protection. 

2. The issue is selling out the soul of the country. 

14 minutes ago, West said:

The issue with the UN has already been brought up in the same discussion as the WEF. 

-Agenda 2030

-Sustainable Development

-ESG investing

-Stakeholder Capitalism

Etc it ALL falls under the same umbrella. Selling out national sovereignty to foreign unaccountable entities, whether that be multinational corps, the United Nations etc.. thats at the heart of the criticism.. 

Has nothing to do with a "cabal' or "free masons" or whatever other bullshit you folks try and throw in there

Right.  So, you mix some legitimate concerns about the concentration of power with some hardcore conspiracy stuff.

Here's the thing: nothing these people do is BINDING.  Governments have to sell any policy at home and get elected on it.  

Anything else ?

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right.  So, you mix some legitimate concerns about the concentration of power with some hardcore conspiracy stuff.

Here's the thing: nothing these people do is BINDING.  Governments have to sell any policy at home and get elected on it.  

Anything else ?

Oh Michael, the paranoia runs deep. The conspiracy runs deeper.

Yet, they keep on doing what they have always done....as much as they cry, things remain the same LOL

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Anything else ?

What is "conspiracy stuff"? 

Seems to be a blanket statement you use.  

And yes, lots of stuff at the UN is binding... same with contracts...

Edited by West

1 minute ago, West said:

What is "conspiracy stuff"? 

Seems to be a blanket statement you use.  

Agenda 2030 Isa bundle of ideas, carried forward from Agenda 21.  We were scare mongered on that.  It came to nothing, didn't it?

Sustainable Development... What is the issue with that?  Is unsustainable development preferable?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sustainable Development... What is the issue with that?  Is unsustainable development preferable?

There's a lot of stupidity around that - the idea that ESG, stakeholder capitalism and sustainability are codewords for DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY.  

West apparently went to "business school" or at least took classes and learned about these, but somehow doesn't actually know anything about them beyond his usual hysterics. 

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Agenda 2030 Isa bundle of ideas, carried forward from Agenda 21.  We were scare mongered on that.  It came to nothing, didn't it?

Sustainable Development is a conspiracy theory? 

https://www.un.org/en/sustainable-development-goals

Agenda 2030 is a conspiracy theory? 

https://sdgs.un.org/2030agenda

ESG investment is a conspiracy theory? 

https://www.rbcgam.com/en/ca/about-us/responsible-investment/?utm_dc=ga_SEG_1591924734_96750851246_623551894035_aud-1014319794123:kwd-299973852369_m_g_&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_bieBhDSARIsADU4zLcw1o75a3orrhwB9Y77D9nvLYBXMTOcz6NIwji9Ms-yUbwcSfVHn8caAsytEALw_wcB

?... okay Mike.. quick Google search 

15 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

West apparently went to "business school" or at least took classes and learned about these, but somehow doesn't actually know anything about them beyond his usual hysterics. 

Whatever... let's at least follow this discussion train to the 'agree to disagree' station.

6 minutes ago, West said:

Nobody said those are conspiracy theories.  Your ridiculous narratives about them are.

11 minutes ago, West said:

1.  2. 3. Yes.  It's the name of a conspiracy theory under that title.

Just remind me before we end this - what is wrong with sustainable development ?  

Edited by Michael Hardner

11 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There's a lot of stupidity around that - the idea that ESG, stakeholder capitalism and sustainability are codewords for DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY.  

Again... you are making sh^t up about what I actually Said. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  2. 3. Yes.  It's the name of a conspiracy theory uner that title.

Just remind me before we end this - what is wrong with sustainable development ?  

There is no conspiracy theory Mike. Agenda 2030 is right on their website... 

As for what's wrong with it, on its surface, nothing is wrong with it.

Dig a little deeper to the issues:

Environment - Forcing energy workers into poverty through elimination of jobs. 

Social- race/gender based hiring, threats to diversity of thought creating a group think mentality, corporate nazism where intolerance for diverging views exists

Etc etc..