WEF 2023

West

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

We are talking about a major re-think for so many things right now in our country. I don't see how you can belittle the significance of that. If you want to ignore it, up to you. The government says Canada needs a radical transformation. Socially, economically. I guess it comes down to whether you have confidence in our government carrying out these kind of changes. I do not.

You're muddying the waters with this post. Be specific.

As I said, the problem must seem to have with a w e f if you're talking about specific policies is about climate change.  Beyond that it's just general paranoia.

What exactly is the problem you're talking about?

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You're muddying the waters with this post. Be specific.

As I said, the problem must seem to have with a w e f if you're talking about specific policies is about climate change.  Beyond that it's just general paranoia.

What exactly is the problem you're talking about?

The MSN link Goddess provided on page one should answer your questions.

I read the one by Michael Shellenberger.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:08 PM, Goddess said:

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No one should approach you guys when you get silly. What's silly is 5 pages of nonsense and you didn't even know she's on the board of trustees. So I give the link to explain myself, and get jeers and silliness.

The thread started at 50 IQ.  Low-effort garbage OPs like this aren't going to lead to intelligent discussions.  

Need some more intelligent discussion here.

He says, followed by

Fook off the whole lot of ya..

Italian Chef Kiss* | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The MSN link Goddess provided on page one should answer your questions.

I read the one by Michael Shellenberger.

So I read the editorial by murphy. It amounts to a long winded diatribe against environmentalists. He thinks they want to control people, control the world... I gave up after about a dozen paragraphs.

So I was a skeptic at one time, read the science and the analysis and was persuaded that the issue needed to be addressed. And I knew it would be difficult because of the scale of response that was needed to even get started to see if anything could be done.

So I guess he's calling me someone who wants to control people. I see myself as someone who's made a decision based on the information I have at hand.

Do you really expect me to be convinced by this editorial? It's just a slam against people that he doesn't agree with.

Would you expect me to send you an editorial written by someone who just says people who don't agree with climate science or narrow-minded idi0ts?

Why do you really think that this is a good article?

Edited by Michael Hardner

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So I guess he's calling me someone who wants to control people.

Of course you want to control people.  That is the only way you people believe you can control the climate.  Control is what its all about, same as the WEF, UN, and Liberals/NDP gang.

Edited by blackbird

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Of course you want to control people.  That is the only way you people believe you can control the climate.  Control is what its all about, same as the WEF, UN, and Liberals/NDP gang.

Well guess what, I'm not convinced by your argument that I want to control you. So what are you going to do now?

Looks like we have the regular crowd here, those from the right have brought up a topic, and the regulars that have automatically made up their minds "this is Garbage" 

I think everyone can agree this is more than a lobby group, this is a massive organization with billions of dollars at it's disposal....And organization that has a major influence on some of the the most influential countries in the world, including our own. This liberal cabinet has perhaps more members than most other governments, and it's influences are apparent in our policies. And yes it is true it has it's share of Conservatives as well including Harper...i did not know that...

So i guess write it all off as some conspiracy theory, it may not have been articulated well enough by my comrades, and yes i will butcher it as well. but who really cares most have already made up their mind. ,

So what ideas does our government have that have originated from the WEF, well build back better, just transition, carbon pricing, the great reset, any of those sound familiar, has any of you thought any of these were a good idea....maybe it was Justins translation of what he thought these gimmicks were suppose to accomplish...or maybe he got it right and the WEF got it all wrong...

Anyways the WEF has also been attributed to other little gimmicks, like everyone's favorite FTX cryptocurrency and it's failure who's  founder is also a board member of WEF...who even used these WEF events to peddle his wares...there are many more...The whole Climate change and the need to DO IT NOW crowd are there, al Gore i wonder where he went to... remember all his rhetoric, did he not start this whole climate change thing and remember all the shi* that stirred up, and all the lies behind it all .

My point is this organization has influence over Canadians politics and policies...is it good or bad, there is many that think the WEF is on the down fall, judging by turn out this last event.. I think some of their ideas are out there, like some of the examples below, kind of reminds me of some cult... What ever happened to our nation and doing what is in our best interest... 

Some of the ideas that come out of the WEF, are a little on the wild side like no more personal property, the state will own everything, and you will be happy according to them...oh it gets better...say good bye to meat for the most part, we are going to be able to have a meat snack if we are good every blue moon...there is more... the ideas are out of an Orwell book...

8 predictions for the world in 2030 | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1. the regulars that have automatically made up their minds "this is Garbage" 

2. I think everyone can agree this is more than a lobby group, this is a massive organization with billions of dollars at it's disposal.... 

1. I'm waiting for some kind of smoking gun on this.

2. No I don't agree.  The organization itself is funding billions?  Give me a link.

35 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Looks like we have the regular crowd here, those from the right have brought up a topic, and the regulars that have automatically made up their minds "this is Garbage" 

I think everyone can agree this is more than a lobby group, this is a massive organization with billions of dollars at it's disposal....And organization that has a major influence on some of the the most influential countries in the world, including our own. This liberal cabinet has perhaps more members than most other governments, and it's influences are apparent in our policies. And yes it is true it has it's share of Conservatives as well including Harper...i did not know that...

So i guess write it all off as some conspiracy theory, it may not have been articulated well enough by my comrades, and yes i will butcher it as well. but who really cares most have already made up their mind. ,

So what ideas does our government have that have originated from the WEF, well build back better, just transition, carbon pricing, the great reset, any of those sound familiar, has any of you thought any of these were a good idea....maybe it was Justins translation of what he thought these gimmicks were suppose to accomplish...or maybe he got it right and the WEF got it all wrong...

Anyways the WEF has also been attributed to other little gimmicks, like everyone's favorite FTX cryptocurrency and it's failure who's  founder is also a board member of WEF...who even used these WEF events to peddle his wares...there are many more...The whole Climate change and the need to DO IT NOW crowd are there, al Gore i wonder where he went to... remember all his rhetoric, did he not start this whole climate change thing and remember all the shi* that stirred up, and all the lies behind it all .

My point is this organization has influence over Canadians politics and policies...is it good or bad, there is many that think the WEF is on the down fall, judging by turn out this last event.. I think some of their ideas are out there, like some of the examples below, kind of reminds me of some cult... What ever happened to our nation and doing what is in our best interest... 

Some of the ideas that come out of the WEF, are a little on the wild side like no more personal property, the state will own everything, and you will be happy according to them...oh it gets better...say good bye to meat for the most part, we are going to be able to have a meat snack if we are good every blue moon...there is more... the ideas are out of an Orwell book...

8 predictions for the world in 2030 | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

The UN has the same agenda.. the WEF just has the financiers to said agenda.. the UN provides the legislative framework

Either way it's not good for freedom or wellbeing of the average person.. those who feel they have been "chosen" (sort of like a cult) are not going to see any sort of drop off in their quality of life... in fact they are set to cash in big on this "just transition".

Edited by West

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

2. No I don't agree.  The organization itself is funding billions?  Give me a link.

The organization itself is made up of major players.. you do realize that Blackrock, as one example, manages more in assets than the entire US budget right? 

4 minutes ago, West said:

The organization itself is made up of major players.. you do realize that Blackrock, as one example, manages more in assets than the entire US budget right? 

So your problem is with them then?

The meetings are covered by the press. What specifically do you oppose?

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Smoking gun really Michael have you read the posts...Read your replies, you have written every thing off as garbage...well you and some others...I agree there is no conspiracy but to say there is not a major influence on Canadian or global affairs is wrong...

And i said the organization is worth billions....Climate change is big business. And if you think that this organization does not have any influence or our nation or for that matter global issues then am not sure what to say... how could it not Freeland is on the board do you not think ideas flow across the table...

Soros himself is worth over 8 bil and he runs the organization, it cost a yearly fee for 62 k to 700 k just to be a member, this year 112 Billionaires attended the conference, worth more than 500 bil... thats a lot of influence there...that being said world leaders attendance is down, because of the optics...

Forbes Billionaires 2022: The Richest People In The World

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1. Smoking gun really Michael have you read the posts...Read your replies, you have written every thing off as garbage...well you and some others...I agree there is no conspiracy but to say there is not a major influence on Canadian or global affairs is wrong...

2. And i said the organization is worth billions....Climate change is big business. And if you think that this organization does not have any influence or our nation or for that matter global issues then am not sure what to say... how could it not Freeland is on the board do you not think ideas flow across the table...

3. Soros himself is worth over 8 bil and he runs the organization, it cost a yearly fee for 62 k to 700 k just to be a member, this year 112 Billionaires attended the conference, worth more than 500 bil... thats a lot of influence there...that being said world leaders attendance is down, because of the optics...

Forbes Billionaires 2022: The Richest People In The World

1. Ok, I can accept this.

2. The members are worth billions.  The organization?  I couldn't find anything beyond meetings and networking.

3. Yes, it's the wealthy who belong.  What are they doing beyond meetings?

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

What are they doing beyond meetings?

They have clout in this country, by having the support of Trudeau and Freeland. They don't need to invest their own money, if they have Canada as a playground and Canadian taxpayers money to play with.

You might not agree, because you don't know the issues.

Quote from Poilievre-

"I have made it clear that my ministers in my government will be banned from participating in the World Economic Forum,” Poilievre, an Ontario MP, said to applause in a May 23 federal Conservative leadership campaign video. “Work for Canada! If you want to go to Davos, to that conference, make it a one-way ticket. But you can’t be part of our government and working for a policy agenda that is against the interests of our people.

Emphasis is mine.

So this man is the leader of a major party, and doesn't seem like a troll or a dumass to me. 

I say he knows more about it than you and me put together.

Especially, where you are concerned. ;) 

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Look at the first post in the thread.  If that's not garbage, than nothing here is.  

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So i guess write it all off as some conspiracy theory, it may not have been articulated well enough by my comrades, and yes i will butcher it as well. but who really cares most have already made up their mind. 

You can debate about the WEF and whether or not it's helpful or harmful, but you grossly conflate what is actually happening there and how much influence the organization itself has.  When folks start talking about the "cabal" and pointing at it as a bogeyman pulling strings everywhere, it shows a pathetically small-minded view of our world and how it actually works. 

They may as well just disband the WEF, pick a different location, and have leaders meet at a different location at a different time of year from now on.  The conspiracy clown parade loves their three-letter acronyms and shadow-groups, so instead we could call it, "Leaders from Around the World Getting Together and Talking about Stuff Once in Awhile".  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

So this man is the leader of a major party, and doesn't seem like a troll or a dumass to me. 

He's definitely a troll, and so far hasn't done anything but make himself look like a dumbass outside of the conservative base.  Amplifying the anxiety over the WEF isn't anything but that.  It's this sort of rabble-rousing populism that will allow him to defy all reason and logic and somehow manage to lose to Prime Minister Unicorn Farts.  

Edited by Moonbox

23 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

He's definitely a troll, and so far hasn't done anything but make himself look like a dumbass outside of the conservative base.  Amplifying the anxiety over the WEF isn't anything but that.  It's this sort of rabble-rousing populism that will allow him to defy all reason and logic and somehow manage to lose to Prime Minister Unicorn Farts. 

Coming from you this slur means nothing, just like your idlotic attempt at re-writing the rules of this forum...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So your problem is with them then?

The meetings are covered by the press. What specifically do you oppose?

Backroom meetings are not...

Plus what's actually being said on camera is alarming enough if you cared to listen and actually try to comprehend without yelling "bad bad bad" 

Edited by West

43 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Look at the first post in the thread.  If that's not garbage, than nothing here is.  

You can debate about the WEF and whether or not it's helpful or harmful, but you grossly conflate what is actually happening there and how much influence the organization itself has.  When folks start talking about the "cabal" and pointing at it as a bogeyman pulling strings everywhere, it shows a pathetically small-minded view of our world and how it actually works. 

They may as well just disband the WEF, pick a different location, and have leaders meet at a different location at a different time of year from now on.  The conspiracy clown parade loves their three-letter acronyms and shadow-groups, so instead we could call it, "Leaders from Around the World Getting Together and Talking about Stuff Once in Awhile".  

I must've really hurt the feelies eh Moonshine? Why so obsessed with me bruh ?.. 

Seems kinda sad you come to the thread just to say how bad it is lol

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

How do they not have influence? 

1. Several prominent politicians attend including our deputy prime minister. She even sits on the board of directors.

2. Major players in business and finance ie Blackrock attend. 

To downplay their influence is just dumb, but to be expected from you

Edited by West

10 minutes ago, West said:

How do they not have influence? 

I didn't say they don't have influence.  I said they don't have anywhere near the influence you attribute to them.  

1. Several prominent politicians attend including our deputy prime minister. She even sits on the board of directors.

So what? If she brings back dumb policies that make no sense, and we don't like them, then we turf them and/or her.  This only worrying to you because you've already bought into the Masonic/Illuminati hysteria over Uncle Klaus and the GreAT ResET.  

2. Major players in business and finance ie Blackrock attend. 

Okay, and?  

To downplay their influence is just dumb, but to be expected from you

Yep yep, everyone else is dumb for not buying into your exaggerated nonsense.  ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Coming from you this slur means nothing, just like your idlotic attempt at re-writing the rules of this forum...

Man, the idea of people not being allowed to insult each other on an anonymous internet forum REALLY upset you, didn't it?  Why don't you bring it up some more?  ??

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I didn't say they don't have influence.  I said they don't have anywhere near the influence you attribute to them.  

So what? If she brings back dumb policies that make no sense, and we don't like them, then we turf them and/or her.  This only worrying to you because you've already bought into the Masonic/Illuminati hysteria over Uncle Klaus and the GreAT ResET.  

Okay, and?  

Yep yep, everyone else is dumb for not buying into your exaggerated nonsense.  ?

Your issue is you are setting up a strawman argument. 

I have never mentioned masons or whatever other bullshit you are suggesting. Shows you have really no argument, just a small man trying to make himself seem big. 

The rest of your points is just drivel. You are clearly outta touch if you believe heads of state, prominent politicians, and fortune 500 companies have no influence. 

Because the folks making laws for a country and businesses deciding which projects are worthy of investment have no influence... if you say so ?

Edited by West

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. They have clout in this country, by having the support of Trudeau and Freeland. They don't need to invest their own money, if they have Canada as a playground and Canadian taxpayers money to play with.

2. You might not agree, because you don't know the issues.

Quote from Poilievre-

"I have made it clear that my ministers in my government will be banned from participating in the World Economic Forum,” Poilievre, an Ontario MP, said to applause in a May 23 federal Conservative leadership campaign video. “Work for Canada! If you want to go to Davos, to that conference, make it a one-way ticket. But you can’t be part of our government and working for a policy agenda that is against the interests of our people.

3. Emphasis is mine.

4. So this man is the leader of a major party, and doesn't seem like a troll or a dumass to me. 

I say he knows more about it than you and me put together.

Especially, where you are concerned. ;) 

1. Yes, and this has been going on for a long time with Conservative, and Liberal governments of many nations.

2. Yes, I am still asking - on this thread you - what the issues are.  If governments find some value in attending these meetings to find out what others are doing, then why not?

3.  Yes, I realize that Poilievre is making political hay over this forum.  The substantive criticism I have read about it comes from the left.  I still think that governments can attend and take away what is useful.  

4. Then why doesn't he explain specifically what he's talking about?  I don't let my political leaders do my thinking for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West said:

1. Backroom meetings are not...

2. Plus what's actually being said on camera is alarming enough if you cared to listen and actually try to comprehend without yelling "bad bad bad" 

1. Yes, well they're there so who's to tell them they can't meet offsite?  Secret meetings happen in Ottawa too.

2. Such as?

• Like 1