Canadian political model for achieving long-term peace in Ukraine

athos

How to achieve long term peace in Ukraine?

Many agree that the war in Ukraine should end as soon as possible in order to prevent the catastrophic consequences of that conflict.

One of the ways to achieve long-term peace in Ukraine, considering the real situation on the ground, is the application of the Canadian model of the political system, which has proven to be very successful.

As we know, the Canadian political system is based on the continuity of belonging of Canada and the majority of its citizens to the British (Anglo-Saxon) historical, national and cultural identity, just as it is the case with Ukraine and Russia. Consequently, as a result of that, Canada has its own parliament and prime minister where English is accepted as the official language of that country (including French in Quebec) .

The British monarch is at the same time the head of the Canadian state, as well as the commander-in-chief of the Canadian armed forces, represented by the governor-general.

Applying the same constitutional model, Ukraine would have its own parliament and prime minister, where the official language would be Russian, with the use of all other languages permitted. The Russian president will be at the same time Ukrainian head of state and the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian armed forces, and he would be represented by the governor general of Ukraine.

Such a solution would ensure peace and prosperity in Ukraine and Europe, just as it was the case with Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

Edited by athos

I think the war has nothing to do with the rights of Russian ethnic in Ukraine. Putin couldn't make Russia great again without annexing Ukraine. Biden couldn't make US great again without knocking Russia out of the game of thrones via the war in Ukraine before dealing with China. This is why the war continues.

Maybe before the war, exactly before Putin annexed Crimea, if Ukrainian government was smart enough to adapt your plan, it would have been worked. But now, the stakes of both sides are too high. I even couldn't imagine who would pay the bill of the rebuilding of the country.

Edited by xul

33 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Tovarisch, you have not been coherent lately.  Don't lie to these westerners about a KGB central system. We all know what that means ? Are you seriously advocating for a Moscow centralised system? ? Do you think all here that post are kids? Is insulting really. ? 

Are you comparing the British Empire that actually left something behind for people to work on, yes I know about their imperial issues and crimes, but are you comparing the British Empire with the Russian Empire? 

Where did the Russian Empire (Tsarist and Soviet after) ever went and left something positive behind? Name 1 thing, 1 country that you went and someone has something positive to say about your system? 

The only reason you have a big mouth and Putin has a big mouth, is because in WW2, The British Empire needed you to defeat a bigger evil, some would say equal evil.

This time around, comrade, it seems you are alone, as much as Putin tried to drag China's CCP, India's leadership, even Belarus' President in this, at the end, you are alone, isolated as it should happen to Putin and Wagner supporters coats robbers, and ilk like them. 

Did you see this last one: 
https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/global-affairs/putin-is-crazy-chinese-officials-back-away-from-kremlin-amid-grave-concerns-over-russian-presidents-mental-state/news-story/2d57c891768eca80fd0a5634f1aafbbf

Military defeat?

Someone has been skipping the latest news report:

Britain and Poland have confirmed that they will send modern heavy tanks to Ukraine. While the US (beside the Patriot), Germany and France have also promised armoured vehicles for the first time since the war began in February.

"Ignorance and arrogance are twins who enjoy being together"

Lao Tzu

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Is called reality. Look around you, everyone wants to come to the UK, Canada, United States, Australia, New Zeeland, all of them at one point being under the British. Even though they committed abuses, in the US they were overthrown, as any imperialistic force meets its fate, they left something behind for people to work on. 

Why do you think immigrants want to come here, in the West? Why is the dream of a poor immigrant to come to the countries above? Because here the system is better my friend, your alternative is worst, is just the practical results, can't fight reality.

When is the last time you heard an immigrant that his dream is to go to Russia? ?

Actually...this last Saturday.

The lady renting our place in Czech is Ukrainian. She just returned from a visit with her family in Western Ukraine. Her brother and his family were there too. He'd been a construction worker in Russia and was tossed out because of the war. So he and his family (wife and 1 kid) returned to Czech with our tenant. They are all now living in our house until the brother can find an apartment for his family in the city. He commented that he'd rather have been back in Russia because the pay is better and the cost of living is lower.

13 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

@athos here is your soldier, he came to assist you with a possible made up high school story. This way he thinks he can actually win an argument. How convenient you remembered this story now, it fits everything opposite I said. ? 

If real, then, tell her to go to Russia if it's better for her? She can fly via Beijing. The routes are still active. Nobody is stopping her, what are you talking about?! ? They can say for economic reasons, they chose Putin and Kirill. 

and what visit in Western Ukraine? She was visiting Ukraine now during wartime while they don't have money in Czech Republic? If you were a witness in a courtroom, and I were the lead prosecutor, you would be looking at the judge for help.

Better luck next time. Always a pleasure to argue with russian and populist SYSTEM sympatizers. ?

What a dope.

Convenient that I remember this now? Dude...it happened 2 days ago. And SHE doesn't want to go there to work...her brother does. Is it the language barrier that makes you misread things?

As far as her family in Ukraine is concerned, the only sign of war is the rolling blackouts.

But ya...you go ahead and push for more killing. NATO loves you. The Ukrainian military...or what's left of it...

Not so much.

Just now, Contrarian said:

Let me issue a correction.

I never pushed in my messaging for more "killing".  

You, however, this your tag: 

dumbdumb1.png

what did you mean by "hoping the Russians utterly destroy Ukraine?"

so to clarify you want an invader force to crush Ukraine and NATO to stand by just watching, because you read some things online and on Redacted which also are circulated by Russian bots? 

but who knows, maybe send an e-mail to NATO and try to convince them, they will drop their foreign policy and not help a country defend themselves because one story from Czech Republic. 

LOL...and willing to crawl in the mud I see.

Hey sonny-boy...why don't you post the whole quote?

Again...what a dope.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

He commented that he'd rather have been back in Russia because the pay is better and the cost of living is lower.

Cool (and worthless) testimonial. My biggest client fled Ukraine as a Soviet political dissident.  That's an equally worthless testimonial. 

Whether true or not, the reality is that the bulk of Ukraine very much doesn't want to be part of Russia, else they'd not be fighting and they'd be surrendering their tanks and equipment to Russia, rather than the other way around.  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Again...what a dope.

Post the whole quote, goof.  Show us the context that changes or adds anything to it.  You won't, because you've already been asked to a dozen times, and you can't.  You said that.  You meant that.  That it contradicts so much of what you say now makes you look really foolish, and that's no doubt why you get so irritated when someone posts it.

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Cool (and worthless) testimonial. My biggest client fled Ukraine as a Soviet political dissident.  That's an equally worthless testimonial. 

Whether true or not, the reality is that the bulk of Ukraine very much doesn't want to be part of Russia, else they'd not be fighting and they'd be surrendering their tanks and equipment to Russia, rather than the other way around.  ?

Is that true? Or is it what we're fed by the likes of Don LeMon? My wife defected as well. The bulk of Ukraine...were drafted while their wives and kids made off to Poland, Czech and Slovakia...and Russia.

I don't know what you see, but I see a nation crumbling before our eyes, and you want the crumbling to continue?

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Post the whole quote, goof.  Show us the context that changes or adds anything to it.  You won't, because you've already been asked to a dozen times, and you can't.  You said that.  You meant that.  That it contradicts so much of what you say now makes you look really foolish, and that's no doubt why you get so irritated when someone posts it.

LOL...says the fool who insists his lies constitute truth.

Wallow away Moonie...

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't know what you see, but I see a nation crumbling before our eyes, and you want the crumbling to continue?

I see a nation under attack successfully defending itself from an aggressive hostile dictatorship four times its size - this will end when Russia stops firing ballistic missiles into apartment buildings and leaves Ukraine.  

If Ukrainians weren't motivated to keep Russia out, this war would be over.  If the Russians were motivated to fight, this war would be over.  The Ukrainians know better than anyone, however, what alignment with Russia brings - poverty, kleptocracy, despair and zero hope for the future.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I see a nation under attack successfully defending itself from an aggressive hostile dictatorship four times its size - this will end when Russia stops firing ballistic missiles into apartment buildings and leaves Ukraine.  

If Ukrainians weren't motivated to keep Russia out, this war would be over.  If the Russians were motivated to fight, this war would be over.  The Ukrainians know better than anyone, however, what alignment with Russia brings - poverty, kleptocracy, despair and zero hope for the future.  

I'm not sure anyone wants "alignment" with Russia. I think this has boiled down to those eastern provinces only.

If NATO was worried about "poverty, kleptocracy, despair and zero hope for the future" of Ukraine, wouldn't they have approved their entry to NATO?

27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not sure anyone wants "alignment" with Russia. I think this has boiled down to those eastern provinces only.

No. You haven't actually reviewed any of Putin's deranged speeches, have you?  

27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If NATO was worried about "poverty, kleptocracy, despair and zero hope for the future" of Ukraine, wouldn't they have approved their entry to NATO?

Because Russia has rattled the sabre over this for as long as I can remember.  NATO feared Russia would go to war if Ukraine joined NATO.  It turns out it didn't matter, because Putin was delusional enough to do it anyways, and they weren't nearly as fearsome as they pretended to be anyways.  

Now NATO has an ally and defacto proxy willing and eager to provide the manpower needed to humble Russia, and NATO has an industrial base 25-30x that of Russia's with vast stockpiles of superior, idle equipment they can commit to its defeat. 

Putin couldn't have faceplanted much harder than he has here if he'd been trying to.   

Edited by Moonbox

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Because Russia has rattled the sabre over this for as long as I can remember.  NATO feared Russia would go to war if Ukraine joined NATO.  It turns out it didn't matter, because Putin was delusional enough to do it anyways, and they weren't nearly as fearsome as they pretended to be anyways.  

Now NATO has an ally and defacto proxy willing and eager to provide the manpower needed to humble Russia, and NATO has an industrial base 25-30x that of Russia's with vast stockpiles of superior, idle equipment they can commit to its defeat. 

Putin couldn't have faceplanted much harder than he has here if he'd been trying to.   

Ya...good luck with that.

Back in reality...Ukrainian soldiers are wondering what the hell they're doing and why.

But it sounds to me like you really want to see NATO and Russian duke it out.

I hope, for all our sakes, that never happens.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Again...what a dope.

I remember that post well because of how surprising and revealing it was.

Why don't you post the whole quote?

I went back to Oct 12/22 and there is no longer a post there. The only people who could delete it are the mods and the poster. Guess who my money is on.

What a liar.

20 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I have as much interest in what Putin says, as I have in what Zelinsky says.

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I remember that post well because of how surprising and revealing it was.

Why don't you post the whole quote?

I went back to Oct 12/22 and there is no longer a post there. The only people who could delete it are the mods and the poster. Guess who my money is on.

What a liar.

I never deleted anything. But Moonie's infamous abuse of quotes starts with something like, 'Just so you and Beave can experience the death and destruction of a real war' or there abouts.