Florida's superior Governor DeSantis ENDS the NHL's discriminatory job fair, (as only a great Governor should)

Sorry, bigots. That stuff doesn't fly in the state of Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nhl-backtracks-florida-gov-ron-023220181.html

NHL backtracks after Florida Gov. Ron Desantis' office blasts league for 'discriminatory' job fair

After Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office blasted the National Hockey League for hosting a "discriminatory" job fair that only allows certain groups of people to attend, the league backtracked and said the event is open to all individuals over 18-years-old.

The event, titled "Pathway to Hockey Summit" is scheduled for on Feb. 2 during the 2023 All Star Festivities in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and seeks to help "diverse job seekers who are pursuing careers in hockey."

According to a now-deleted post by the NHL promoting the event on LinkedIn, the event is only open to certain groups of people.

"Participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability. Veterans are also welcome and encouraged to attend," the event description states.

Once again, the great state of Florida brings a bunch of numbskull bigots into the 21st Century.

• Like 2

I played hockey from the time I was 6 till 17 and quit at age 17 having realized Jr. B was as high as I could get. I played again some years later in a tier 1 adult league in Prague. I remember 1 Czech ref commenting that he loved refing our team's games, as most of our team were Canadian expats and had a different style than the Czech teams had.

Then I was blessed with twin boys and at the age of 5, I got them into the local hockey program. I coached them for about 6 years, during which the team became one of the perennial top teams in their league.

However...I could not teach the guys to play this non-contact crap they impose, so I taught them good ol' fashioned hockey. We took a lot of penalties, and won our share of championships.

In the beginning, several parents expressed concern for how I was coaching the kids. But the kids loved what we were doing, and the local league loved all the banners we were winning.

By the age of 14, many on my team graduated to the "A" leagues and excelled in the full contact arena. One of my sons included.

My point is...hockey is an aggressive sport by nature...and by original design. Watering it down and acquiescing to a pack of howling Lauras who know zero about the game is...stupid.

These are the same Lauras who fired Don Cherry and brought this...chickenshit idea to the NHL.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

If you insist on this:

"Participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability. Veterans are also welcome and encouraged to attend," the event description states.

it's discriminatory. Sorry we can't let you do that.

Allinsky's Rules: Rule 4.

https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinskys-12-rules-radicals/

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2023 at 6:50 AM, reason10 said:

Sorry, bigots. That stuff doesn't fly in the state of Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nhl-backtracks-florida-gov-ron-023220181.html

NHL backtracks after Florida Gov. Ron Desantis' office blasts league for 'discriminatory' job fair

After Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office blasted the National Hockey League for hosting a "discriminatory" job fair that only allows certain groups of people to attend, the league backtracked and said the event is open to all individuals over 18-years-old.

The event, titled "Pathway to Hockey Summit" is scheduled for on Feb. 2 during the 2023 All Star Festivities in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and seeks to help "diverse job seekers who are pursuing careers in hockey."

According to a now-deleted post by the NHL promoting the event on LinkedIn, the event is only open to certain groups of people.

Once again, the great state of Florida brings a bunch of numbskull bigots into the 21st Century.

Hard to imagine woketards getting their filthy claws into the NHL, but here we are.