Liberals creating separate justice system for aboriginals

It is impossible to really understand the world without the knowledge of God and his written revelation, the Bible.  The world is a fallen, corrupt place with much evil.  But why?  In order to understand why the world is the way it is and what God's will for us is we need to study his written revelation, the Holy Bible.  There are many website which explain things in the Bible also.  We should not neglect that either.  I don't consider websites as infallible or perfect, but they can be a useful tool or assistance in understanding God's word.   Here is one such website:

Graven Images: False Worship of God (biblehelpsinc.org)

Some of the natives who have found the truth have a website which shows what they believe:

Tribal Trails - First Nations TV with a Message of Hope

We Serve An Amazing God (Rushia Klassen) | Tribal Trails

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It is impossible to really understand the world without the knowledge of God and his written revelation, the Bible.

I don't see how its possible to think straight about the world with it.  I most certainly do not want the supernatural stuff anywhere near my governance or justice at all. That's on par with putting LSD in societies water supply.  There's a reason psychiatrists say we shouldn't try to help schizophrenics make sense out of their hallucinations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't see how its possible to think straight about the world with it.

The reason why it is impossible to have a true understanding of the world without God and his written revelation is because we are blind without God's revelation.  It is a spiritual blindness that prevents us from understanding the world.  The world is far more than what you see with your eyes and touch with your hands.  There is a supernatural dimension and the material world is only a part of everything.  God is an eternal almighty God and a spirit we cannot see with our eyes, but we accept it as a fact by simple faith.  That is what God expects.  Faith.  

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There's a reason psychiatrists say we shouldn't try to help schizophrenics make sense out of their hallucinations.

Well, you said something there that touches a nerve.  I have a son in his fifties who is a schizophrenic and has been for 30 years.  Mentioning anything about religion is like poking him with a stick.  It brings only a very negative reaction.  He is almost impossible to communicate with on anything.  I can only pray.  I have learned that schizophrenics are in a serious mental condition that hopefully God will be merciful about.   I am fairly sure they will receive special consideration.  It may be damage by drugs.  I don't know.  Thankfully most people are not schizophrenic, at least, don't appear to be.

Edited by blackbird

25 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Well, you said something there that touches a nerve.  I have a son in his fifties who is a schizophrenic and has been for 30 years.  Mentioning anything about religion is like poking him with a stick.  It brings only a very negative reaction.  He is almost impossible to communicate with on anything.  I can only pray.  I have learned that schizophrenics are in a serious mental condition that hopefully God will be merciful about.   I am fairly sure they will receive special consideration.  It may be damage by drugs.  I don't know.  Thankfully most people are not schizophrenic, at least, don't appear to be.

It's something that just happens, it's not your's or his fault. I have a son with schizophrenia who's 40.  He's ridiculously brilliant - we discovered later he hadn't written anything in his notebooks or cracked a book for his last 3 months in school but he aced every test and won every single scholarship that was offered by his school and community.  He's one of the lucky ones, high functioning, living on his own and works from home with a team of software engineers writing educational software for folks with autism.

Religion makes no sense whatsoever to him either and I think immersing himself in one would be dangerous, especially one in which the god essentially monitors you 24/7 while judging you for your actions and thoughts.  For a schizophrenic, that's Iike pouring gasoline on a fire.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I have learned that schizophrenics are in a serious mental condition that hopefully God will be merciful about.   I am fairly sure they will receive special consideration.

This humane sentiment explains why we as a society have moved to a place where we try to treat mental illness as opposed to prescribing punishment.

Some cultures regarded schizophrenics as mystics and seers and some burned them at the stake to kill the demons that were possessing them. I can't imagine any loving rational god not giving the poor latter souls the most special consideration possible while giving the dingbats who believed they were doing His will a mighty smacketh up side the head of some sort.

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

we try to treat mental illness as opposed to prescribing punishment.

Yes.  I have no problem with treating mental illness but these days many people who murder people get off on "not criminally responsible".  One was the bus beheader.  I think he was released after a few years.  People with mental illness who commit serious crimes should remain in institutions and never be released to protect society.

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes.  I have no problem with treating mental illness but these days many people who murder people get off on "not criminally responsible".  One was the bus beheader.  I think he was released after a few years.  People with mental illness who commit serious crimes should remain in institutions and never be released to protect society

Sometimes they are, it depends on what the doctors decide.