Anti-vax buffoons blame Presley's death on Covid vaccine

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

And yet, here, in America, the vaccine has saved 3million lives. 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/report-covid-19-vaccines-saved-us-115-trillion-3-million-lives

I don't need to read cidrap CrakHoBarbie, I'll just go with the Gov't of Canada's stats - I'm pretty sure they still have more credibilty than cidrap, or so I've heard.  

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't need to read cidrap CrakHoBarbie, I'll just go with the Gov't of Canada's stats - I'm pretty sure they still have more credibilty than cidrap, or so I've heard.  

Look, nice graph. But next time I ask for a citation, post the whole citation.... Not just a graph. Don't know where it came from nor the methodology used to create it. You should know better dimwit.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:46 PM, WestCanMan said:

I've known people who got it whose worst symptoms were headache and lack of energy, but the lack of energy can persist for weeks.

I think we have forgotten that this has always been the case with influenzas and pneumonias.

Some are back to normal quickly, others have fatigue and brain fog for weeks or months.

This isn't specific to covid.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So, no stats at all, they just pumped their confirmation bias into a computer and let it spew out results based on that bias.

Ugh.

When are people going to see that the "models" on which pandemic responses such as lockdowns, masking, school closures, etc were based on, were VASTLY wrong.

Can we please stop basing the response on these "models"?

GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@robosmith

New mask study came out today:

Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses - Jefferson, T - 2023 | Cochrane Library

The pooled results of RCTs did not show a clear reduction in respiratory viral infection with the use of medical/surgical masks. There were no clear differences between the use of medical/surgical masks compared with N95/P2 respirators in healthcare workers when used in routine care to reduce respiratory viral infection. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 7:06 AM, Nationalist said:

For these poor TDS inflicted souls, all of this boils down to "Get Trump", not public health and truth.

YOUR IGNORANCE does NOT mean everyone who knows the truth about Trump has a "syndrome."

If you believe Trump's pathological LIES, no one can help you except perhaps a Cult Rescue Service.

Get help before it's too late. Of course it's always easier to just wallow in your IGNORANCE. ?

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

P2 (European) meets the same standard as N95, and are not much better than KN95.

However my custom made P100 mask is far superior both in filtering 100% AND nearly perfect sealing around the edges.

That means ALL of the inhalants go THROUGH the FILTER.

Accidental break in the seal is the chief reason N95 masks are no better than surgical masks when WORN WHILE WORKING IN A HOSPITAL SETTING.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robosmith said:

YOUR IGNORANCE does NOT mean everyone who knows the truth about Trump has a "syndrome."

If you believe Trump's pathological LIES, no one can help you except perhaps a Cult Rescue Service.

Get help before it's too late. Of course it's always easier to just wallow in your IGNORANCE. ?

See what I mean? This poor soul is tortured by the very thought of Trump. 

For as much as I feel sorry for the psychological pain people like our little robo-bot endure, it's important to understand that this affliction will cause people to lie and cheat, believing it all excusable for the greater cause.

I envision this poor tortured soul, driving around wearing his custom made P100 mask...

Alone in his car.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

For as much as I feel sorry for the psychological pain people like our little robo-bot endure, it's important to understand that this affliction will cause people to lie and cheat, believing it all excusable for the greater cause.

I envision this poor tortured soul, driving around wearing his custom made P100 mask...

Alone in his car.

I imagine you, hacking your lungs out from long-term Covid. 

17 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I imagine you, hacking your lungs out from long-term Covid. 

Actually I had that new respiratory thing-a-ma-bobber as well as The Rona. The respiratory thing-a-ma-bobber was WAY worse than The Rona.

And I hack my lungs out because I smoke...cigarettes and pot. My lungs may not be pretty...but my disposition is stable.

I guess all that smoking has warded off TDS...maybe...

Edited by Nationalist

On 1/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, WestCanMan said:

Ok, what does the Government of Canada say? The government says that the data prove that vaccines work against Covid.

ALBERTA:

“The protection that vaccines provide against severe disease continues to be strong even many months after immunization. Two doses of a COVID vaccine dramatically reduce the risk of hospitalization or death, and a third dose will offer even more protection.”

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-alberta-statistics.htm#vaccine-effectiveness

NOVA SCOTIA, January 2023:

• Age and lack of vaccination continue to be associated with severe outcomes:
• Nova Scotians aged 70+ have been hospitalized at almost 19 times the rate of those 18-49 years of age and their
rate of death is 280 times higher compared to those under 50 years of age.
Unvaccinated Nova Scotians were hospitalized and died at almost three times the rate as those with three or more doses (hospitalized = 2.7; died=2.5)

https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/COVID-19-epidemiologic-summary_2023-01-10.pdf

PUBLIC HEALTH, ONTARIO & UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO:

“In this study, in contrast to high estimated VE (Vaccine Effectiveness) against symptomatic Delta infection and severe outcomes after 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, estimated VE was modest and short term against symptomatic Omicron infection but better maintained against severe outcomes. A third dose was associated with improved estimated VE against symptomatic infection and with high estimated VE against severe outcomes for both variants. Preventing infection due to Omicron and potential future variants may require tools beyond the currently available vaccines.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2796615

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I am "tortured" about the thought of Trump succeeding in his efforts to destroy democracy.

You should be, too. And would be if you weren't CONNED by Trump AND relatively out of his reach in Canada.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Alone in his car.

I haven't worn the P100 mask since I went to visit Egypt during the height of the pandemic.

I felt like it was no longer necessary when I got N95 masks and VACCINATED.

But it probably saved me from getting infected before that. Unlike the ld iot here who got COVID 3 times because he believes masks and vaccines don't work. LMAO.

Just another example of YOU IGNORANCE and stupid predications.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Actually I had that new respiratory thing-a-ma-bobber as well as The Rona. The respiratory thing-a-ma-bobber was WAY worse than The Rona.

And I hack my lungs out because I smoke...cigarettes and pot. My lungs may not be pretty...but my disposition is stable.

I guess all that smoking has warded off TDS...maybe...

Your "disposition" MAY be stabilized by your Trump CULT membership.

Your smoking will ONLY lead you to an early grave.

59 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I am "tortured" about the thought of Trump succeeding in his efforts to destroy democracy.

You should be, too. And would be if you weren't CONNED by Trump AND relatively out of his reach in Canada.

I haven't worn the P100 mask since I went to visit Egypt during the height of the pandemic.

I felt like it was no longer necessary when I got N95 masks and VACCINATED.

But it probably saved me from getting infected before that. Unlike the ld iot here who got COVID 3 times because he believes masks and vaccines don't work. LMAO.

Just another example of YOU IGNORANCE and stupid predications.

Not sure who got The Rona 3 times but...

Probably huh? Hey I thought the masks were there to protect OTHERS?

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Ok, what does the Government of Canada say? The government says that the data prove that vaccines work against Covid.

ALBERTA:

“The protection that vaccines provide against severe disease continues to be strong even many months after immunization. Two doses of a COVID vaccine dramatically reduce the risk of hospitalization or death, and a third dose will offer even more protection.”

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-alberta-statistics.htm#vaccine-effectiveness

NOVA SCOTIA, January 2023:

• Age and lack of vaccination continue to be associated with severe outcomes:
• Nova Scotians aged 70+ have been hospitalized at almost 19 times the rate of those 18-49 years of age and their
rate of death is 280 times higher compared to those under 50 years of age.
Unvaccinated Nova Scotians were hospitalized and died at almost three times the rate as those with three or more doses (hospitalized = 2.7; died=2.5)

https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/COVID-19-epidemiologic-summary_2023-01-10.pdf

PUBLIC HEALTH, ONTARIO & UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO:

“In this study, in contrast to high estimated VE (Vaccine Effectiveness) against symptomatic Delta infection and severe outcomes after 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, estimated VE was modest and short term against symptomatic Omicron infection but better maintained against severe outcomes. A third dose was associated with improved estimated VE against symptomatic infection and with high estimated VE against severe outcomes for both variants. Preventing infection due to Omicron and potential future variants may require tools beyond the currently available vaccines.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2796615

Ignore the narratives, juts look at the death stats

9 Aug 21 2022.png

10 Sept 2022.png

Deaths Sept 25 Infobase.png

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Ignore the narratives, juts look at the death stats

9 Aug 21 2022.png

10 Sept 2022.png

Deaths Sept 25 Infobase.png

Not sure why you aren't including the hyperlinks, but there are some problems with the data as you're presenting it. Most significantly, you've left out age-related data. We know that a very high percentage of deaths are among the elderly, and the elderly have an extremely high vaccination rate. Without age-specific data, it's not possible to know what we're seeing. In fact, Canada reports that over 57% of Covid deaths were in people age 80+ and another 22% were in ages 70-79. All tolled, 91.2% of deaths were among those aged 60+. So we need to look more closely at how vaccinations affected those groups by age, especially the 5-60 year-olds. 

The "Cases" data is almost useless, because there's no way to be certain how many cases were and were not reported. Hospitalizations are much more accurate, presuming this is data which was reported from all hospitals to the government. If that's so, we see that the death rate of Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated Hospitalized is equal. However, we don't have the age data. We know that around 95+ % of Canada's elderly are vaccinated and that rate falls substantially with age. So we need to see these data broken down by age to understand the efficacy of the vaccine. 

In other words: The correlation you're showing is that older people have a higher vaccination rate AND a higher mortality rate. That tells us little of vaccine efficacy by itself. Got it?

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Not sure why you aren't including the hyperlinks, but there are some problems with the data as you're presenting it.

You can search "covid deaths in Canada by vax status" and the Statista site will pop up. It doesn't work on Safari anymore, you have to use Chrome or something else.

I don't think they have the historical data there, just the current data.

The data is useless when viewed from a single point in time though, because it spans 2 flu seasons, 2 summers, a bunch of variants, and wildly fluctuating vax rates (100% down to 15% unvaxed, 0% to 85% dbl-vaxed, 0-40% 3x-vaxed, 0-5% 4x-vaxed, etc) over that whole time.

Seeing as 1 month of flu season is about equal to 10 months of late spring to early fall, looking at the total rolling stat is like throwing down a 1,000-piece puzzle and trying to solving it picture-side-down on a roller coaster. 

If you compare the data over one-month long intervals though (approximately the rate at which they update it), you end up comparing the same part of the flu season with the same variant and the rate of multi-vaxed to unvaxed stays almost completely stable. 

Most significantly, you've left out age-related data. We know that a very high percentage of deaths are among the elderly, and the elderly have an extremely high vaccination rate. Without age-specific data, it's not possible to know what we're seeing. In fact, Canada reports that over 57% of Covid deaths were in people age 80+ and another 22% were in ages 70-79. All tolled, 91.2% of deaths were among those aged 60+. So we need to look more closely at how vaccinations affected those groups by age, especially the 5-60 year-olds. 

Age-related data is only the second-strongest correlation to covid deaths, so it's a bit misleading to put too much faith in it. People young and old are at risk if they have the right underlying conditions, healthy old people aren't really at risk. 

If you compare a 70+ and healthy group to a 70+ with co-morbidities group you'll end up with people who really want to live in one group and people who are close to asking for a medically assisted suicide in the other. 

That age group is not a really good indicator of health outcomes imo. 

The "Cases" data is almost useless, because there's no way to be certain how many cases were and were not reported. Hospitalizations are much more accurate, presuming this is data which was reported from all hospitals to the government.

Case data is Hodad's favourite stat, but I agree it's useless.

In other words: The correlation you're showing is that older people have a higher vaccination rate AND a higher mortality rate. That tells us little of vaccine efficacy by itself. Got it?

l understand everything about the varying covid risk level among different health demographics implicitly, but I only have one source that tracks covid deaths by vax status. 

Overall the view from 50,000 feet is this: covid deaths were higher in 2022, with 85% of Canadians vaxed, than they were in 2020 (0% vaxed) and 2021. When you couple that stat with the fact that 86% of covid deaths are among the multi-vaxed you run out of room to say "the vax works". 

If you could say that healthy UNV people are dying of covid that would be one thing, but the 1% of unvaxed over 80 could account for almost all of the unvaxed covid deaths if that 1% is mainly comprised of people who've "given up on life" because they already have a laundry list of underlying medical conditions.

I'd really love to know the avg health status of the over-80s who don't vax. My bet is they're mainly in the death demo...

Got it?